An inquiry on Exchange Server 5.5 and MS Outlook client

An inquiry on Exchange Server 5.5 and MS Outlook client

Hi All,

Could my System and Exchange Admin with full control and
access make some changes and amendments to an old Received
and/or Sent emails at a user mail box folders?, save the
changes or amendments at the Exchange Server 5.5 and at
its original location in the users mailbox keeping the old
original old dates of those emails as before the amendment
is being done? is that possible at all? and could it be
accomplished or not? is it possible to change an email
source code to change the email text? is that possible and
how ? can an admin do that?

Please advise ? what tools and utilities he would use to
do that ? and what methods and steps he would have to
follow in order to achieve that, I appreciate your
response my address is joliabrown2@yaoo.co.uk

Regards

Jolia

0
anonymous (74717)

"Jolia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Could my System and Exchange Admin with full control and
>access make some changes and amendments to an old Received
>and/or Sent emails at a user mail box folders?,

Yes.

>save the
>changes or amendments at the Exchange Server 5.5

The changes would be made and saved with an e-mail client or tool like
MDBVU32. The changes would be save in the mailbox.

>and at
>its original location in the users mailbox keeping the old
>original old dates of those emails as before the amendment
>is being done?

Not with Outlook. The "Modified" date (not usually displayed by the
client) would reflect the date of the changes.

>is that possible at all? and could it be
>accomplished or not? is it possible to change an email
>source code to change the email text? is that possible and
>how ? can an admin do that?

Anyone with sufficient access can do it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange 2003 SP2 Clusters
Has anyone seen any hic ups when applying SP2 to clusters. Thanks in advance. -- Robert de Groot None so far. Multiple clusters. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C0E361-6AB6-4A4B-9D35-4929FAB28D1C@microsoft.com... > Has anyone seen any hic ups when applying SP2 to clusters. > Thanks in advance. > -- > Robert de Groot One Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster (1500 users), no problems occured during upgrade. "Bharat S...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...

Exporting Tasks and Resources from MS Project 2007 to MS Excel
Hi there, I need to export the tasks and associated resource information to Excel but I am having trouble modifying the following Macro (I'm not a coder!). Essentially what I would like is to include the Resource Group and % Complete fields in the export. Here is the code I was able to find, I was able to modify some of it to include start and end dates. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks, S ------------------------------------- 'This module contains macros which will export 'tasks to excel and keep the task hierarchy. 'modify as necessary to include ...

MS outlook 2000 Level1Remove
I can not unblock access files applied patch Level1Remove to access files but did not work added the string as per MS ".exe; .mde .mdb .MDB Thanks Rock I believe that your Level1Remove string should actually look like: exe;mde;mdb Not ..exe; .mde; .mdb -- Ray at work Microsoft ASP MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e001c3fcab$74dc55f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can not unblock access files > applied patch Level1Remove to access files but did not work > added the string as per MS ".exe; .mde .mdb .MDB > > Thanks Rock > ...

Exchange upgrade #6
We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Some users have recurring calendar appointments pulled across with the upgrade. When you click one of them the following error occurs 'Cannot read one instance of the recurring appointment, Close any appointments and try again, or recreate the appointment'. The application freezes and you have to crash out. Any help would be appreciated. How did you upgrade? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE8...

Bug in Outlook 2002
We are experiencing a problem with Outlook XP when trying to send a file as attachment from an Office Application or right clicking on a file and saying Send To Mail Recipient. When you press send nothing happens, unless you press send repeatedly in very quick succession, or alternatively use CTRL+Enter. The OS on all PC's is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with all updates applied from Windows Update. Office XP is Service Pack 3 with all updates applied to the administrative point and rolled out to all PC's. Outlook reports version 10.6515.6626 (SP3) Could some please noti...

Rules
Hi All, I have access to a number of mailboxes on our exchange server, plus a number of PST files, one of which is the default delivery location for one of the exchange mailboxes (when the outlook client is opened). I am wondering how I can set up rules for each exchange mailbox, but not have to use the same set of rules for *all* the mailboxes (and the PST file)? Is that even possible? If not, then how does Outlook determine which folders are monitored for rules? Thanks, Alan. Re: Rules - How to determine scope when accessing multiple exchange mailboxes (19 April 2004 -...

Employee Turnover
I'm trying to figure out the best practice for me to follow when an employee leaves our organization. The nature of our business requires that email sent to a former employee be delivered to an active employee. I can, of course, configure forwarding on the mailbox in ADUC, but we would also like an auto-reply to go out to the sender informing them of the personnel change. Additionally, we don't want to keep mailboxes for old employees indefinitely, so we need to be able to eventually delete the old mailbox while still ensuring we don't miss any messages addressed to the f...

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

Anyone have a Real Estate Client Fact Sheet?
I am looking for a Word document to use for information I have collected on a Client and use it as a fact sheet. See if there is a suitable template in the Templates section of Office online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033. Note, however, that Excel or even a database application might do a better job for the data you are describing. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "REP" <REP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5421AD2-7244-4514-AB55-DDB089218080@microsoft.com... >I am looking fo...

PO Receipt Drillbackin Inventory Trasaction inquiry
Just updated to version 9.0, it does not appear that we can drill back from a PO receiving to see the actual receiving from the Item Transaction inquiry window Is this a problem with version 9? (in v7.5 we used project purchase order processing, now it is combined with the purchasing POP) thanks -- Doug What is the title of the window from which you are starting? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Doug" wrote: > Just updated to version 9.0, it does not appear that we can drill back from > a PO receiving to see the actual receiving from the Item Transaction inquiry > wi...

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

CRM Exchange Router | Technology
Hi, To all experts of CRM: I am very new to this server and I'd like to learn more it. The documentation included does not describe the technlogy enough. Perhaps someone out there can point me to the reight direction in learning all of CRM technology. Thanks, RF "RF" <randy.foz@SPAMdialexia.com> wrote in message news:%23FaszgfWEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > To all experts of CRM: I am very new to this server and I'd like to learn > more it. The documentation included does not describe the technlogy enough. > > Perhaps someone out th...

Hide multiple users from Exchange Address Lists
Does anyone know how to hide several users from the Exchange address lists without having to open the properties of each user and selecting that option on the Exchange advanced tab? Thank you, Mitchel Is there anything that is common amongst all of those users yet differentiates them from the others? If so, you can modify the filter of your Address List to exclude them from the list. You can also use LDIFDE to set the attribute 'msExchHideFromAddressList' to True which will hide the users from the all address lists. "Mitchel Bone" <jmbone@cumberland.edu> wrote in ...

document inquiry
When using Inquiry, Purchasing, Transaction by Vendor, it would be nice if the system defaulted (or gave an option for default) for document date rather than document number. Also, it would be better if the displayed items would list the more current items on top rather than having to scroll down to the bottom each time I want to review information. It is great to show all year's data in one screen to scroll down, but I review current year data more than I do prior year data. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

Outlook 2003 hangs during send/receive
I am having a problem receiving messages in Outlook 2003 from a POP3 account. I am on Win2K with the latest service pack rollup, and Outlook 2003. Outlook is getting e-mail from 3 mail servers, it will download the mail from the first two just fine, but when it gets to receiving mail from the third server, the send/receive process will hang, and Outlook stops responding. The last server has a lot more mail on it then the other two. I resolve dthis issue for a while by setting the send/receive to every three minutes and it didn't have to download so many messages at a time. Lately though I...

"A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients"
I'm hoping someone can offer a simple solution for this problem. Thanks much in advance. A local company is running SBS 2003 and has a domain name of "xxx.com" The partners split and the server was kept as "xxx.com" in Active Directory but the email domain was changed to "yyy.com". We couldn't change the Active Directory domain since it's not allowed in SBS 2003. So, DNS is still set up with "xxx.com". Now, when the secretary tries to send email to "oldowner@xxx.com", we receive the message in the subject above. Is there an easy...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...

Exchange 2003
I am not able to get a computer running outlook 2000 to access the new exchange 2003 server. Anyone have any idea why this is, I have checked the compatibility and it says they are good to go. It runs fine from outlook 2003 but when you try to do it in Outlook 2000 it says that it does not have the proper permissions or it can not find the persons name on the list or the server name. Thanks Much Mell Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Ky IT Guy" <kyitguy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OxBgCmfTGHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am not able...

Exchange Forensics
Is there any method builtin to exchange 2003 for retrieving emails from a users mailbox (for legal purposes)or do I need a third party archival package? Thanks On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:27:25 -0500, "Taylor" <user@home.com> wrote: >Is there any method builtin to exchange 2003 for retrieving emails from a >users mailbox (for legal purposes)or do I need a third party archival >package? Thanks > Exmerge is the typical tool of choice. On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:50:09 -0400, Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: >On Fri, ...

exchange 2000 size limitation and exchange server im
Hi All: Did Microsoft release an update to increase the maximum database size in Exchange 2000 Standard Edition to 75 GB as they did with Exchange 2003, Service Pack 2? I would guess not. Also, Exchange Server 2000 had an IM feature that worked with the Windows Messenger program. It looks like this functionality was removed for Exchange 2003, is that correct? Drew Drew <drew@drew.com> wrote: >Did Microsoft release an update to increase the maximum database size >in Exchange 2000 Standard Edition to 75 GB as they did with Exchange >2003, Service Pack 2? I would guess n...

Retrieve deleted items from exchange 2000 mailbox
Hello All, One of users in our network accidentally deleted a lot of emails from his mailbox. In exchange server the option "Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items" under Mailbox Stores properties is checked, which indicates in help that the deleted items will not be deleted until a backup has been performed or the "Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items" entry is reached. Although I did two backups after that, but those two backups don't seem to have any data in them in the backup set. How can I retrieve those deleted items not using the back...

exchange backup #15
In the private information store I am getting a day and time of my last full backup. What and where is this exactly taking place. I am using backupexec 10d for my exchange backup which concluded around 7a.m. The message in the private information store says 10/23/05 3:53 p.m. as my last full backup. Not sure what this exactly means Hi, You need to have a very close look at your backup job. Make sure that backupexec is configured to perform a full backup of the information store and check both the backupexec log and the event log after a full backup is completed. Leif "Mar...

Costs in Inquiry
I can't hide the costs in inquiry / sales, there should be a security option where you could hide the costs on the forms. I am using Great Plains 8.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

Outlook 2003 #293
Is there an easy way to combine pst files? Bobby Jones <rjones101@cox.net> wrote: > Is there an easy way to combine pst files? Drag-and-drop is the best way, but you can import one into the other if you don't mind losing data or the data that is lost isn't important to you. Original received dates are some of the data lost. -- Brian Tillman ...