Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm creating a dynamic dist group using the following code:

new-dynamicdistributiongroup -Name DGroup8 -RecipientContainer
"domain.com/users" -OrganizationalUnit Users -RecipientFilter {(RecipientType
-eq 'usermailbox') -and -not(Name -like "recmoved user")}

So far so good, I see a dynamic list show up in the users container and all
is well.  However, when I run the following commands I see that the list is
populated with users from all of the domain:

$testing=Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity DGroup8
Get-Recipient -Filter $testing.recipientfilter

The crazy part here is that when I use the DGroup8 address it only goes to
the users it should (the ones located in the Users container).  Am I doing
something wrong when trying to view the users of the dynamic group?  Is there
any other way to view those users?

Thanks for any help!
0
Dan4650 (795)

Dan,

another method to view members of a dynamic DL is using OWA2007:
New Mail --> To... --> new windows appears. Select DGroup8 from the address
list. In the upper right part of this windows you'll get the Members.
Hope this helps...

Cheers, TOM

> I'm creating a dynamic dist group using the following code:
>
> new-dynamicdistributiongroup -Name DGroup8 -RecipientContainer
> "domain.com/users" -OrganizationalUnit Users -RecipientFilter
> {(RecipientType
> -eq 'usermailbox') -and -not(Name -like "recmoved user")}
>
> So far so good, I see a dynamic list show up in the users container and
> all
> is well.  However, when I run the following commands I see that the list
> is
> populated with users from all of the domain:
>
> $testing=Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity DGroup8
> Get-Recipient -Filter $testing.recipientfilter
>
> The crazy part here is that when I use the DGroup8 address it only goes to
> the users it should (the ones located in the Users container).  Am I doing
> something wrong when trying to view the users of the dynamic group?  Is
> there
> any other way to view those users?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Something strange is going on
Hello; Just installed OFF2004 and tried online registration. First, a message came up (Safari) that the Security Certificate for the site could not be confirmed and that it might be fake (or something to that effect.) I elected to continue. Then I arrive at first registration page which requires that I sign-in to Microsoft Passport (with which I am not familiar.) In the e-mail address field is a default e-mail address; not mine but a that of friend of mine with a @hotmail address. Why is her address there, and not mine or anyone else on my address book? I tried several times and the same ad...

Wrong store qty at HQ
Hello, We recently counted inventory at one of our store and then we updated inventory at store level using "Store Operation Manager > Inventory Wizard > Task 150: Change Item Quantity". Once we updated qty at store, we did following (partner gave us these steps): 1) Created 401 at HQ for the store where we recounted all the inventory 2) Once 401 was completed successfully, we ran worksheet 501 for the same store at HQ 3) Once 501 was completed successfully, we ran "Wizards > Inventory Wizard > Task 190: Perform Full Item Count Reconciliation" for the store wh...

Why CELL("format",A1) doesn't return something like "#.##"? ...and other rants
I'm trying to compare the displayed value of two formatted cells. The idea is to detect the equality between 1.2345 and 1.23 when the format is "#.##" without resorting to VBA. This is Excel 2000, SP3. So I decided that this might work (may be wrapped): =IF(TEXT(A1,CELL("format",A1))=TEXT(B1,CELL("format",B1)),"equal","unequal") Unfortunately, CELL("format",A1) returns "F2", which is incompatible with the format string required by the TEXT() worksheet function. The above conditional actually evaluates to "equa...

Money has the wrong stock ticker symbol
Money 2005. Yesterday, I bought a new stock, AGG. On the next update, Money noticed I had a new stock in my portfolio, and gave me the usual popup message asking if this is a new stock. I said yes. I already had this symbol in my "watch" list, so Money asks a follow-up question about which I want to keep. Unfortunately, due to some odd bug, Money ignored my answer, and kept presenting the same dialog box over and over. In the end, the only way I could come up with to get Money out of its loop was to manually add a "dummy" entry to my portfolio (I chose the symbol &quo...

Am I missing something on manual duplex?
I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy. I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues are different to Word! I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file anywhere and no walk-throu...

something more about it
thanks for your help. sorry to let me ask something more about it. Function getval(v, chara, chara1, chara2, chara3, chara4) getval = v End Function Sub funtest() v = 123 c = "ok" c1 = "ok" c2 = "ok" c3 = "ok" c4 = "ok" c5 = "ok" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=getval(" & v & "," & c & "," & c1 & "," & c2 & "," & c3 & "," & c4 & ")" 'ActiveCell = "=getval(" + v + "," + c + ")" End Su...

something accessing my HD once per second
Sometimes something accesses my HD once every second for long period of time. Is there an easy way to find out what this is? -- Replace you know what by j to email Jan Philips wrote: > Sometimes something accesses my HD once every second for long period > of time. Is there an easy way to find out what this is? Easy is relative... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html CurrPorts: Monitoring TCP/IP network connections on Windows http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx TCPView for Windows http://www.wireshark.org/ Wireshark � Go deep. Jo...

Using AND or Something?
Easy one for the pros but it has me scratching my head in frustration. So here goes. [TrainDocTbl] is indexed on autonumber field [TrainDocID]. The table includes a field [TrainDocName] that will contain 15 to 20 records. The records are for the different certifications that the employees have. Every employee has one common certification but there are employees that may have 2, 3, or more additional certification that must be tracked. The db is form based and my dilemma is constructing a query and listbox that would allow multiple selections of the certification types. I just...

Wrong downloads
Quite often, I will download a charge from a credit card from one retailer and it will show up in Money as another retailer. How do I fix that? ...

Wrong numbers on axes
I have encountered some strange numbering problems on graphs in a number of my files. The x axis time values: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 are appearing in some graphs as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 1 1 1 All the graphs's axes label source is the same set of cells. Changing the cells to different ones makes no difference, the difference seems to be in each graph's settings. In some other graphs I am getting a similar problem, the numbers 1-31 having the 20s appear as 2s. Interestingly if the axes is formatted as a number to 2 decimal places (in the faulty graphs) you end up w...

How to Calculate something
Hi i hope some one can give me a hand i have this example in excel where i have the month in this example its Apr and then i have the table below it and what i want is it to calculate where is the Apr is right up to Jan I thought i could do it with the SUMIF but it does not really want to work maybe some one else has an idea Apr Jan 1912 Feb 1997 Mar 1619 Apr 722 May 687 Jun 1084 Jul 346 Aug 1002 Sep 1030 Oct 1011 Nov 958 Dec 847 Jan 783 Feb 785 Say your data is in columns A & B. In C1 we have: Apr In D1 enter: =SUM(B1:IND...

Print Preview Wrong #2
Just discovered this right before you posted to this thread. Thanks fo the quick response -- dwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dwei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27531 ...

I did it too- something different
For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website. It's a work in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash, animated graphics, ornate backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in my realm, something like a one-stop site for people in my circulation area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com If you have any comments, please let me know. (I know, Off-topic!) Mike Hey, Mike, looks pretty good to me... Did you use Publisher? I had forgotten you were in Cincinnati. You will have to look up my son if you ever get to UC. He is an adjunct professor and ...

((System.IO.Stream)(s)).ReadTimeout. What might be wrong?
Hello, I have a class that writes to a MemoryStream but I am getting a strange error: ReadTimeout = '((System.IO.Stream)(s)).ReadTimeout' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' base {System.SystemException} = {"Timeouts are not supported on this stream."} Source = "mscorlib" WriteTimeout = '((System.IO.Stream)(s)).WriteTimeout' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' base {System.SystemException} = {"Timeouts are not supported on this stream."} Source...

Portfolio Manager displays cost with the wrong totals
I have Money 2006 and I set up my investments in portfolio manager. The cost totals for my investments do not add correctly. I don't have a massive portfolio so we are only talking about 2-3 mutual funds with a broker. Initial purchases and subsequent purchases were fine. Everything totaled and cross footed. But, that all changed when I partially sold them to pay my son's college tuition. Ex: Mutual fund Cost Market Value Fund ABC $500 $625 Fund 123 $1000 $1250 Total $1750 ...

Something Similar to MsgBox
Is there something similar to MsgBox that can be called via macro, only instead of a message, I could put a couple of buttons inside of it giving the user a choice of which sheet to jump to? documike You could use a user form. I created one and then put 3 command buttons on it. You would use this code, in a standard module to launch the form (UserForm1) Sub ShowFrm1() UserForm1.Show End Sub and this code would sit behind each button Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Unload Me End Sub Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Worksheets("She...

Something causing PC restart
My PC has suddenly started to reboot now and again, particularly if a game is being played ("Board" type games), but has done it othertimes as well. I stopped the windows search sytem as it was logged several times in the error log. However it still resets and also, after switching the socket on I don't have to press the PC button as it is starting on it's own. The latest log at reset shows Service Control manager-the session launcher failed to start. I have all the latest updates and use Norton Internet Security 2010. I replaced by Norton 360 in January with Ka...

"Something" is overriding my Format!
Hi! In our Excel timesheet templates, the cells are formatted with the Number cell with 2 decimal places. When the user types in their time (ie., 8 hours) and moves out of the cell, it should convert the 8 to 8.00. "Something" is overriding the format, however, because the 8 is changing to .80 instead. Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks! Jessi Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and ucheck 'Fixed decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Marcia wrote: > Hi! In our Excel timesheet templates, the cells are formatted with > the Number ...

netlogon using wrong DC
I have an odd scenario. I have a DC (win2003 but ADPREP'd to 2008) we'll call DC1 that needs to be turned off. Because of the odd scenario, DC2 has forcefully taken over FSMO roles from DC1. All references to DC1 have been removed in AD and DNS. As far as DC2 knows, DC1 doesn't exist. Similarly, DC1 doesn't have any data about DC2 (had some stale data which I've removed). DC1 and DC2 are on different subnets and firewall rules prevent them from contacting each other. I have a couple production servers that still authenticate against DC1 (in the same subn...

Printing something in the background
I've created a watermark in the background which displays just fine, but WILL NOT PRINT. Arggggg!! Can anyone help. I've tried everything, and our I/T department is struggling as well Thanks! Laurie B. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using for a start!!! There are no printing issues in any version of Publisher. Your problem will be with your printer driver. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from nwlaurieb <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've created a watermark in the backgroun...

Lockbox CR posted to the wrong customer
Anybody know the easiest way to delete a posted lockbox CR for a particular customer and apply it to a different customer? Thanks! ...

wrong autoentries downloaded
more and more i am finding there are debit card transactions being downloaded with incorrect venders names. it seems that Money 2002 that I am using is just finding any existing payee that I might have and assigning the new debit card transactions to them. i have noticed that debit card transactions are now more unique and that even when using the same vender that I have more than one # assigned to them and because of that my autofill catagories and sub catagories are use useless. if you have any ifo hor help I would appreciate it. please send reply to my email as I don't know ...

I must have clicked the wrong thing
Formulas which used to calculate, then disappear leaving only the answer, now remain without showing the answer. If I replace = with =, it works but only in that case. How can I get back to normal? It sounds like the cells are formatted as TEXT. Change the format to GENERAL. Then, select the cell and either double click or hit function key F2 then hit Enter. If you have a bunch of cells to convert... Select all the cells in question Change the cell format to GENERAL With the cells still selected Goto the menu Edit>Replace Find what: = (equal sign) Replace with: = ...

Sorting Wrong
Greetings, My Excel worksheet is sorting numbers wrong. It's doing this: 94 92 9 9 9 84 84 8 8 8 76 72 71 7 7 Is there anyway to get it to sort normally? Like: 94 92 84 76 72 71 9 9 9 8 8 8 7 7 Make the cells formatted as number with 0 decimals "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:193c901c44c9d$b98dc930$a101280a@phx.gbl... : Greetings, : : My Excel worksheet is sorting numbers wrong. It's doing : this: : : 94 : 92 : 9 : 9 : 9 : 84 : 84 : 8 : 8 : 8 : 76 : 72 : 71 : 7 : 7 : : Is there anyway to get it to sort normally? Like: : : 94 : 92 : 84 :...

Outlook 2007 email goes to wrong computer
I have a desktop and a new netbook on the same home LAN. I want the netbook to receive email and chose one of my rarely used Comcast email addresses that I had previously activated on the desktop computer. I deleted the address from the desktop's Outlook accounts and entered it on the netbook as the only (default) email account. The netbook's Outlook automagically contacts Comcast to obtain the accounts settings. This completes correctly, but the acknowledging email goes to the desktop Outlook. (The account I deleted no longer appears in the list of accounts on the des...