Altered meeting always becomes recurring

We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup.  Here's what happens:

1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM.  Everything
works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar.

2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM.  So
they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and
changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update.

3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has
been changed into a recurring event.

I've verified that the recurring option is not chosen when the meeting is
updated and sent, and the calendar entry can be opened and have its
recurrence turned off.  However, I can't figure out how the recurrence is
being enabled.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0
Brenda

Brenda wrote:
> We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup.  Here's what happens:
>
> 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM.
> Everything
> works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar.
>
> 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10
> AM.  So
> they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and
> changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the
> update.
>
> 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it
> has
> been changed into a recurring event.
>
> I've verified that the recurring option is not chosen when the meeting
> is
> updated and sent, and the calendar entry can be opened and have its
> recurrence turned off.  However, I can't figure out how the recurrence
> is
> being enabled.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

Is it recurring just on the old date and new date?

Are they using the same computer to create and change it? There is a
similar problem with Dell's media direct add-in but it would make the
original recurring too.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)
http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
6/12/2010 1:45:26 AM
"Diane Poremsky" <Diane.Poremsky.4cf7hd@outlookforums.invalid> wrote in
message news:Diane.Poremsky.4cf7hd@outlookforums.invalid...

> Brenda wrote:
>> We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup.  Here's what happens:
>>
>> 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM.
>> Everything
>> works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar.
>>
>> 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10
>> AM.  So
>> they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and
>> changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the
>> update.
>>
>> 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it
>> has
>> been changed into a recurring event.
>>
>> I've verified that the recurring option is not chosen when the meeting
>> is
>> updated and sent, and the calendar entry can be opened and have its
>> recurrence turned off.  However, I can't figure out how the recurrence
>> is
>> being enabled.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Is it recurring just on the old date and new date?
>
> Are they using the same computer to create and change it? There is a
> similar problem with Dell's media direct add-in but it would make the
> original recurring too.

No, the original entry is non-recurring and is recorded on the calendar
properly.  Only when the entry is opened on the calendar and changed to a
different date does the recurrence mysteriously become activated despite the
recurrence control not being touched.

0
Brenda
6/12/2010 2:28:29 AM
Brenda wrote:
> No, the original entry is non-recurring and is recorded on the calendar
> properly.  Only when the entry is opened on the calendar and changed to
> different date does the recurrence mysteriously become activated
> despite the
> recurrence control not being touched.

But when it becomes recurring - what is the date spam and pattern? Does
it change to 2 days - the orginial and the new one, or daily with no end
date?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)
http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
6/12/2010 4:29:52 AM
"Diane Poremsky" <Diane.Poremsky.4cfew1@outlookforums.invalid> wrote in
message news:Diane.Poremsky.4cfew1@outlookforums.invalid...

> Brenda wrote:
>> No, the original entry is non-recurring and is recorded on the calendar
>> properly.  Only when the entry is opened on the calendar and changed to
>> different date does the recurrence mysteriously become activated
>> despite the
>> recurrence control not being touched.
>
> But when it becomes recurring - what is the date spam and pattern? Does
> it change to 2 days - the orginial and the new one, or daily with no end
> date?

It gets set to weekly recurrence.

So here's the pattern:

1. Person sends a New Meeting Request -- single day and time, no recurrence.
It appears on the calendar just as it should.  Everything is OK at this
point.

2. Person later decides to change the meeting's day or time.  They open the
original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date
and/or time and sends the update.

3. The meeting moves to the new location on the calendar OK except it has
been changed into a weekly recurring event at the new day/time.

0
Brenda
6/12/2010 3:11:40 PM
A followup in case anyone else ahs this problem and sees this.  Apparently,
this is a known issue which can be resolved by uninstalling
"OutlookAddinSetup" via Add/Remove Programs.

"Brenda" <brenda@somewhere.net> wrote in message

> "Diane Poremsky" <Diane.Poremsky.4cfew1@outlookforums.invalid> wrote in
> message news:Diane.Poremsky.4cfew1@outlookforums.invalid...
>>
>> Brenda wrote:
>>> No, the original entry is non-recurring and is recorded on the calendar
>>> properly.  Only when the entry is opened on the calendar and changed to
>>> different date does the recurrence mysteriously become activated
>>> despite the
>>> recurrence control not being touched.
>>
>> But when it becomes recurring - what is the date spam and pattern? Does
>> it change to 2 days - the orginial and the new one, or daily with no end
>> date?
>>

> It gets set to weekly recurrence.
>
> So here's the pattern:
>
> 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request -- single day and time, no
> recurrence. It appears on the calendar just as it should.  Everything is
> OK at this point.
>
> 2. Person later decides to change the meeting's day or time.  They open
> the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the
> date and/or time and sends the update.
>
> 3. The meeting moves to the new location on the calendar OK except it has
> been changed into a weekly recurring event at the new day/time.

0
Brenda

message date/time altered when copying from public folder
I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date. We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public folders? Any ideas? Jo On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote: >I have noticed that if we copy mail...

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

Altering Cursors
Hello, I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in and zoom-out. Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a zoom-in/zoom-out cursor? Thank you so much. Victor. You will have to change the cursor yourself. Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the m_CursorHand variable: (It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does explain changing cursors nicely) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628 AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussio...

alter function
Hi, using SQL2005. I want to replace a function and can't because the function is being referenced by an object. I have tried to drop it first and then create the function. This has the same error result. Is there a way to ignore any referenced object and drop a function (and then re-create it). Alternatively any way to ignore referenced object and alter a function. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Hi Havv you created a UDF with SCHEMA BINDING option? "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Altered meeting always becomes recurring
We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup. Here's what happens: 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM. Everything works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar. 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM. So they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update. 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has been changed into a recurring event. I've verified that the r...

"From" field in meeting requests
Is is possible to have a From field in meeting requests? I need to send meeting requests on behalf of other people, but can't find where to insert the "From" field. Thanks. you'll need to log into their mailbox to send requests from them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips ...

Altering SP
Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. In general you should not alter procs created by GP. There is a possibility that the proc could be altered in a hotfix or upgrade. You may not notice that the proc has changed till much later when you find that the proc is not working as you had meant it Intead, find a way to call your own proc using vba or a trigger. HS "Asma" <asma_twinmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1183294932.796908.67450@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. > ...

How to alter Footers in Publisher and Word
I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page. I have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail. I have also ended up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing - nothing! It looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up the document. The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to print??? Have you checked the limitations of your printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chrise...

Alter a picture
Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP Vanilla On 02 May 2004 12:41, "Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I >have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the >outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP. >Vanilla Depends on the picture format. What format is the picture in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/...

InternetGetCookie returning false always,plz help me to read cookie value from VC++
InternetGetCookie function is always returning false.I am giving u the code here,can u plz tell me where the mistake is? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- char szURL[256]="http://www.mirracle.com"; LPWSTR lpszData = NULL; // buffer to hold the cookie data DWORD dwSize=255; // variable to get the buffer size needed LPCWSTR usrauth =NULL; BOOL result=InternetGetCookie(szURL,usrauth,lpszData,&dwSize); DWORD ret; if(result==FALSE) { ret = GetLastError(); if (ret == ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS) ...

Cancelled meetings not deleting from schedule resource
I have our conference rooms set up as resources for my staff to use which is working fairly well. However, when someone cancels a meeting it is not automatically removed from the calendaring resource and only appears as "cancelled". This prevents other people from scheduling that time slot even though it has been cancelled. Am I missing a configuration somewhere that is supposed to remove cancelled meetings from these resource calendars? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:24:04 -0700, "Donovan" <Donovan@discussions.microsoft.c...

.cvs file alters form
Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient saying that the file has changed form is unusable by the software normally used at the receipient's end. WMT, Bill Bill wrote: > Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs > files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using > outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient > saying that the file has changed form...

How one can becom an MVP.
I checked the microsoft site but there is no real info on how to become one. yaya Good reading material at this website. Note: the page reads "600 MVP's". This is now closer to 1000. http://www.mvps.org/about/cmq0103n122.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:04:57 -0700, "yaya" <yaya@hotmail.com> wrote: >I checked the microsoft site but there is no real info on >how to become one. ...

Regarding data needed for regular meetings
Hello. I have a project that must be finished in Q4 in order to garner revenue for the year. To that end, I'm enforcing daily (1/2 hour) and weekly meetings. I'm trying to figure out what views are appropriate for which meeting. Perhaps in the daily meeting a view filtered to show the week's activities. Then in the weekly meeting, what, maybe a report showing activities for the month along with risks and issues? Anybody have real-world expertise they can apply to this? Thanks in advance. ...

Adding numbers that meet a condition?
Hi Here's a sample of colums a & B rows 10-14 House 4 Tenent 1 Lawyer 3 House 2 Lawyer 8 In column G rows 1-3 I have listed House Tenent Lawyer I would like column H, rows 1-3 to read 6 1 11 adding up the totals for each item listed from A & B Thanks take a look at SUMIF function in help "carrera" <carrera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025A0BC9-7A97-42C6-ACF0-B00CF61A275D@microsoft.com... > Hi > Here's a sample of colums a & B rows 10-14 > > House 4 > Tenent 1 > Lawyer 3...

altered keyboard layout in PPT
Hi, For some reason, some of my keys do not work properly in PPT only (Word is fine). For example, shift-backslash gives a french character. How can I fix this? Hi, Have a look in the "tool" > "auto correct" settings and the "auto format as you type" settings look for the characters you are seeing in the "replace" "with" boxes cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "RStanzel" <RS...

External , Meeting requests ,incorrect time !!!
I have this major problem, we are running exchange 2000 on svr2000 if any user sends a meeting request externally it's an hour behind from the origanl time.The xchange is behind the firewall.All time zones are correct on all PC's & Servers.Our time zone does not require daylight saving changes.I have tried everything .Please Help!! Is the Outlook time zone correct and if you don't need Daylight Savings have you unchecked the box in Outlook and in the time zone settings of your servers? Nue "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EFAA...

Publisher-recurring event scheduling ability using calendars
Publisher has great calendar templates Publisher does not allow for recurring event entries via the wizard - Why can't this be done the same way as in Outlook. Or can Outlook calendar format be changed to anyone of the Publisher templates. ...

Application becomes slow in windows server 2003
When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this application runs perfectly on winxp/win2000. My application open hard drive and read data from it. Please suggest how to improve the performance. On Dec 9, 10:58=A0am, "Ashish" <akohli_2...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft > visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this > application runs > perfectly on winxp/win200...

Altered Invoices
Is there any way to create a report of invoices that have been alterd after once issued? Any help in this regard will be appricated. Thanks Deep, Use the Sales Transactions SmartList and add the 'Created Date' and 'Modified Date' fields to it. Any differences in dates will indicate changes to the invoices. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Can you explain a bit more? When were the invoices changed? Before they were posted (typically the case), after they were posted (requires some SQL backen...

Meeting Request #5
I had an unusual request the other day. Is this possible? When setting up a meeting request in Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the word "Required", when adding attendees, to say "Requested"? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23juRra%23EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I had an unusual request the ot...

ALTER USER
Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in code? I want to use it to allow users to change their passwords when I deploy the app. Currently I have everybody with the password "new", and at initial log on I want to promt them to change their password. I'm using user level security, developing in Access 2007 and deploying the app as a 2003 mde over a citrix farm with the back end on a server. Thanks in advance, Rob Hi, Rob. > Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in > code? Try: ALTER USER UserName PASSWOR...

powershell_ise always echos output
Hi, I am using powershell_ise if I write the following simple script $a = Get-Date -Format "yyyyMMdd" Write-Host "Filename $a" the output is PS C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0> $a = Get-Date -Format "yyyyMMdd" Write-Host "Filename $a" Filename 20100305 when I would expect simply Filename 20100305 can anybody please tell me why every line is echoed to screen and if I can stop this behaviour please. I would like the editor to act more line the commandline powershell. thanks in advance. cheers martin. ...

Dividends Not Always Reflected In Cash Account
Using Money 2004 Deluxe, I download transactions from a broker and find that not all cash dividends are automatically reflected in the cash account. What might cause this? Is there some setting that I should change? Different brokers account for cash differently, some treat it as purchases of a money market fund and others as cash. Which broker are you referring to? -- Michael Gordon MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3c7501c4ab35$09354940$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Money 2004 Deluxe, I download transactions from a > broker and find that not...

Stop meetings I schedule for boss from appearing on my calendar
When I schedule meetings for my boss, even if I use his calendar to do it from, the meetings show up on my calendar and I don't want them there. I even remove my name from the make meetings list and it still shows up. Can anyone help? I know it didn't do that in the 2003 version. Thanks. ...