allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5

is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept
inbound/outbound mail in the form of:

user@[ipaddress]

ex.

allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied
mail form of:

abuse@[203.160.172.233]

i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT

thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

"disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept
> inbound/outbound mail in the form of:
>
> user@[ipaddress]
>
> ex.
>
> allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied
> mail form of:
>
> abuse@[203.160.172.233]
>
> i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT
>
> thanks

In Exchange 5.5, you just add [203.160.172.233] (including the square
brackets) as a new domain on the Routing tab of your IMC.  Tell it to
redirect the incmoing mail to your main domain, and then add the abuse
(and/or postmaster) address to an existing mailbox.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
___________________________________

0
email3469 (73)

Users in GP 9 & SQL Server 2005
Hi I have a problem regarding creating users in GP 9 SP2 and SQL Server 2005 SP2. I create a user on the server and give it access to companies, when I try to log in using this user id in a workstation (windows XP SP2, GP 9 sp2) it doesn't work, and gives me this error: "This login failed. Attempt top log in again or contact your system administrator." I tried different things regarding the ODBC settings like using server name and IP address, and using SQL Native Client, but nothing worked. If I create a user on a workstation and used it to log in it works sometimes. It’s...

exchange smtp error #2
I have listed the error message below, what is the smtp 554 transport error> Reporting-MTA: dns;jacob.us.maf.org > > Final-Recipient: rfc822;cirwin@maf.net > Action: failed > Status: 5.5.0 > Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 <cirwin@maf.net>: Relay access denied > X-Display-Name: Chad Irwin > ------ End of Forwarded Message From: postmaster@maf.org To: DHoffman@maf.org Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 07:12:21 -0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="9B095B5ADSN=_01C639717D12FBFD0002ECE9jacob.us.maf.org" X-DS...

MFC by Borland C++ 5.0
Hello, I have Borland C++ 5.0 on my machine and i want to learn some basic MFC programming (not too complicated stuff) Is it possible to compile and debug MFC projects with BC++ 5.0 ? Thanks for suggestions. Jan, The earlier version of Borland (4.x ????) had a licenced MFC, if my memory doesn't fail me (something it frequently does). I can't remember if this was the case for Borland 5.x (if you have 5.0 you should upgrade - there were two patches created shortly after the initial release). If that is the case, you might already have a few example applications. You'll just hav...

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable...sometimes
Using Exchange Server 2003, sometimes I get the "Unavailable" message when trying to connect w/Outlook 2000 on an XP Pro machine. Under O2K properties, the Exchange server and mailbox are found - no problems. But when I start up O2K, I ocassionally get the "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable" message. And sometimes I don't - connects just fine (after booting up a different time, that is - it's a laptop). Any ideas? TIA for any help. what is your event logs saying, when you can not connect????? Intermitting network connectivity might be your problem,...

How can I create a folder under user's Inbox for all domain users
Dear all, Is there any approach to create a folder under Outlook 2k's Inbox for all my domain users in Exchange server-end (Exchange 2k3)? or any tools/scripts to do this? And how can I set a Server-end rules for all the uses to deliver some specific email to this folder? Thans for your inputs. Redd ...

Exchange Server #2
We're doing some work staging the equipment for disaster recovery and one of the pieces that is changing is the Exchange Server. We're going to upgrade it and while it is being upgraded another machine will be acting as our Exchange Server. We're wondering if the CRM will be affected if our Exchange Server runs on another box. If you have set up the email router then you will need to install that on to the new box and move the mailbox along with it. Also, you may have set up the CRM to send mail outbound via the exchange server smtp. You will also want to update that an...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

ADDRESS BOOK QUESTION #2
Hello. I was wondering how I can setup "Global Address Books" by OU. We have several functional groups in our organization and I need to only allow certain people to see others in their funcitonal group and not the rest of the company. Thanks. Hello, you can create more than one GAL, but your users will only see one, based on: - do I have the permission to open this GAL - am I a member of this GAL - what's the largest GAL to show So, to have a GAL per OU, you should make sure that those people do not have access anymore to the default GAL (by denying them permissions), ...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Custom LDAP/OPATH query to create custom address list?
I'm going to ask this again because it seems to be a big problem going to exchange 2007. How does one create a custom LDAP query to an external server to build a custom address list? It would be nice to be able to create custom address lists built on LDAP queries to Active Directory or OpenLDAP, etc. Can this be done? Only recipients in Active Directory can appear in Address Lists. You would have to import external recipients into AD as Contacts to be able to do this. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

Blank rows in Address Book
When I click the Address Book button on the Outlook 2003 toolbard, I get a list of my Contacts. At the top, there are 6 blank rows before my first contact is displayed. I've tried to delete the rows by hitting the Del button while having one or more of these blank rows displayed. When I do this, a "Are you sure that you want to..." dialog box appears, so I click Yes but nothing is deleted. What be up with Dat? How do I get rid of the empty rows? Thanks, -m Did you try resetting the view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 2...

Exchange Server Recipient Limits
Hello group, We are currently running Exchange 2003 in mixed mode, and would like to limit the recipient limits in Exchange. We would like to limit it to 40 globally. The problem we are having is that want DLs to count as 1 recipient, and not the actual number of members. From what I recall, this is how Exchange 5.5 behaved. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks much to all, Kynnie -- ...

adding user submitted items to a list
hello all, any help with this would be greatly appreciated... there's a cell were a user is asked to input data, and a command butto marked 'submit'. There is also a list. When the button is clicked for the first time I require the underlyin macro to place the inputted data into the 1st position in the list (n problem so far). However when the button is clicked for the 2nd time require the macro to place that data in the 2nd position... ie eac time the button is pressed the list grows. how do I write the macro to ensure the data is inputted one row dow from the last inputted p...

Mapping disabled users in Import Organization
Hello, I am using the Import Organization tool to move a CRM 4.0 deployment to new servers in the same AD domain. I have several disabled CRM users who do not automatically map in the tool because their AD accounts have been deleted. Must I re-create these users in AD in order to map them in the Import Organization tool or is there another way to proceed? I had the same problem when creating a sandbox environment of my live CRM. All Deleted AD users need to be recreated, they can be disabled accounts but they still need to be in the AD. Once you have created the users, you be able to i...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Font dialog Sample Window problem
Am using a CFontDialog derived class (CInwinFontDlg) to allow user to select new font/size etc. But for some reason cannot get the text in Sample window to either show or change when font attribute selected. The following is how my font dlg is constructed. CInwinFontDlg dlg(&lf, CF_SCREENFONTS| CF_INITTOLOGFONTSTRUCT| CF_FIXEDPITCHONLY| CF_SHOWHELP | CF_ENABLETEMPLATE); Does one have to control the look and appearance or does the Common Windows' font dialog do this with the which CF flag? -- Kevin Kohler INWIN Development Manager Response Technology, Inc. Kevin, How you constru...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Email forwarding on Exchange 2003
Can someone tell me the risks invovled with enableing forwarding to external accounts? Why is it turned off by default? protection from what? And finally, what can I do to protect our server if I do enable it? 1. security - information that shouldn't be leaving the company or going to unknown recipients is now doing just that. 2. stability - mail loops are frequently created when someone screws up the forwarding or the destination mailbox fills up and starts sending verything back to be forwarded, etc. "Glenn @ Maranatha" <Glenn @ Maranatha@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

"Iv Bo" <nospam@server.net> wrote in message news:... If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com >> "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message >> news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >>> Hello All - >>> >>> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >>> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >>> there an ...

Logon User Icon ??
Esp when I emerge from Hibernation, on 2 computers, I go thru a screen where I must click an icon for my user name before I am actually on. On my other pc, and on my wife's pc, we do not get that very annoying screen. How can I eliminate that user-selection screen?? There is just me; no other users. chuck -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Esp when I emerge from Hibernation, on 2 computers, > I go thru a screen where I must click an icon for > my user name before I am actually on. > > On my other pc, and on my wife's pc, we do not get that ...

Pb sending from Corporte Exchange to CRM Exchange
Hello, I am currently doing some final tests on my prod platform which has its dedicated exchange server. Whenever I try sending emails from our corporate Exchange (which is on the same domain as the CRM Exchange) messages are received in the correct queue but the Body part is empty (subject is ok). I am doing it from Outlook (so the profile matching our corporate Exchange). Now if I send again with Outlook but using an external email account (let say yahoo) then message is received fine in the CRM... Any idea? Thanks Eric Eric, The CRM Router does not support the scenario you desc...

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...