We are in the process of removing the 1st exchange server
in our domain.  Everything has been replicated over to a
new server and all mailboxes have been moved.  When we
shut down the original server down, email still works
great for 90% of the team.  For the rest of us, when type
the name of person to receive an email, outlook it still
tries to resolve the name on the original server.  I
checked the profile on the users mailbox and it shows
them pointing to the new server.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74719)

Try creating a new Outlook profile.  Also, when you shut down you're old
exchange server, make sure you remove the ADC connector.

Teo

"lattin" wrote:

> We are in the process of removing the 1st exchange server
> in our domain.  Everything has been replicated over to a
> new server and all mailboxes have been moved.  When we
> shut down the original server down, email still works
> great for 90% of the team.  For the rest of us, when type
> the name of person to receive an email, outlook it still
> tries to resolve the name on the original server.  I
> checked the profile on the users mailbox and it shows
> them pointing to the new server.  Any suggestions would
> be appreciated.

0
TeoGomez (51)
9/22/2004 8:29:09 PM
We tried this idea and the problems still exists

0
anonymous (74719)

Removing Watermarks
I have an excel spreadsheet that has giant page numbers showing in the background. I know how to remove these from Word but how do you remove them from Excel? Thanks for your help! View on the toolbar, click Normal, I expect you have Page Break Preview activated. "smc1225" <smc1225@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:098c01c36e5b$ada35e30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have an excel spreadsheet that has giant page numbers > showing in the background. I know how to remove these > from Word but how do you remove them from Excel? > > Thanks for your help! >-----...

Exchange 2003 backup size
I am runinng Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Every night backup exec is backing up 120GB Can someone tell me how this can happen if my server only has 120GB with 52.9GB free??? Do I have something set wrong and its backing up twice. what is it backing up? are you doing "exchange" backups? you have only one mailbox store? one public store? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "vex" <vex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FDAE072-149A-4B5C-829C-8FE008F4EA5C@microsoft.com... >I am runinng Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Every night backup exec is backing >...

can this sort be done?
I have a list of email addresses (which I send monthly updates on upcoming dart tournaments) going down the "A" column. It is very long. I have added a list of names in column 'B" (which is all of the addresses which no longer work). I am wondering if there is a easy way to somehow whenever a name occurs in column "A" and column "B" it is highlited or soemthing so I can remove it from the orginal (column A) list. does my question make sense? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon to tag these entries and use Autofilt...

Exchange DC Question
HI, If I have 1 DC and 1 Exchange on seperate servers. What happens if I need to rebuild my DC? When I rebuild it, will I have to run something so that I have the Exchange options Under user accounts in Active Directory Users and Computers. This is a small home setup. If needed I was going to setup a second DC using VMware. Thanks David In news:%23cww7BEoFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, David Ross <dross@si.rr.com> typed: > HI, If I have 1 DC and 1 Exchange on seperate servers. What happens > if I need to rebuild my DC? When I rebuild it, will I have to run > some...

SNMP MIB for Exchange 2003
Hello, is there SNMP MIB from MS available for Exchange Server 2003? Thanks and regards, Petr ...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...

Know when all painting is done?
When my App window hides itself, how can it know when all uncovered windows have painted themselves? TIA, Harvey As far as I know, there is no way to determine this. joe On 8 Mar 2007 11:48:33 -0800, "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote: >When my App window hides itself, how can it know when all uncovered >windows have painted themselves? >TIA, >Harvey Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm I'm not sure this matters. Windows handles making sure that the write th...

Remove node
Can somebody tell me how to remove a node in an XML document? (with VB .NET) for example: if I have this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <EMPLOYEES> <PERSON> <NAME>Geert</NAME> </PERSON> <PERSON> <NAME>Dirk</NAME> </PERSON> </EMPLOYEE> And I want to remove the person with NAME="Dirk" Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ------------...

Can decimal point symbol (.) be removed on a Report?
Is there a way in Report Writer to modify a currency field so that it does not show the decimal point symbol (.) - a period, but still shows the 2 decimal places? For example, the field I am trying to modify is Check Amount. Say I have a check for $271.29, I want to format the field so that the outcome is 27129, in other words I don't want the dot/period in between the dollars and the cents. Is this possible to do? If so how can I modify field to display this way? P.S. I don't need the dollar sign either. easiest way would be to use the value in a calculated field with result ...

Exchange Upgrade #3
I hope that this is the right place to post this if not sorry! I upgraded our E2K server to Exchange 2003 at teh weekend and all seems to have gone very well. There is one slight problem though. Some, not all, of our Group boxes are not allowing users to send e-mails out from them. This all worked perfectly well in E2K but now there is a message displayed that states the user does not have permissions to send on behalf off the box. I have not yet upgraded the server to Win 2003 but the Domain structure is mastered by a Windows 2003 Server so I would have thought the domain is prep...

Recipient Filtering on one server
Hello All, We are running multiple Exch 2003 SP2 ENT on Win 2003 SP2 ENT in the same Exchange domain. We want to enable the "Filter recipients who are not in the directory" filter. I just wanted to confirm that although this particular setting is global, until it is also enabled on each SMTP server, it does not take affect. Additionally, I wanted to know the general consensus on tarpitting since it appears to be recommended when enabling the filtering. Thanks in advance!!! On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:43:01 -0800, da crusher <dacrusher@discussions.microsoft.c...

Problem removing 0
Helper Sheet AQ2:AQ901 contain phone numbers some have been entered 0 when there is no number provided. I am tryin to write a formula that will state if AQ2 = 0 then field is blank. in cell V2 I have tried to write all the following formulas and al result with the 0 still remaining =IF(ISNUMBER('Helper Sheet'!AQ2)="0","",IF('Helpe Sheet'!AQ2="","",'Helper Sheet'!AQ2)) =IF(ISTEXT('Helper Sheet'!AQ2)="0","",IF('Helpe Sheet'!AQ2="","",'Helper Sheet'!AQ2)) =IF('...

restore of exchange database onto different hardware?
We have a tape backup from a domain controller/Exchange 2000 server that we need to restore ONE user's contact folder from. The backup was made using Veritas BackupExec. What is the best method of doing this? I'd rather not install another Exchange Server on the domian if possible, I was hoping to do this completely seperate and apart from the good, working domain. I tried 2 was of doing this: 1 - install a fresh copy of Windows 2000, Exchange 2000, Veritas BackupExec, installing AD on the server with the same domain name, admin password, etc. as the original server. Tried ...

i need remove security or restore access to folder in windows server 2003
hi, I need access to folder in windows server 2003 nothing access with administrator thks __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 5220 (20100623) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com ESTEBAN OCONITRILLO RAMIREZ wrote: > hi, > I need access to folder in windows server 2003 nothing access with > administrator > http://www.computing.net/forum/windows2003/1.html ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done
Okay here is the deal i have an old mail server and i would like to migrate boxes over gradually, without people losing access to webmail, there existing mail server has public acess to internet. Wich of course is crucial to OWA, now i would like to kep this machine up move half of the boxes to another machine. the old machien i would then like to act as a front in server for thoose users who need POP3 access, and so on. So basically the machine i would like to set as fron end server will have boxes on it, and the proposed "backend" will have boxes on it as well, all boxes n...

finding duplicates (and not from 1st letter)
I have a duplicates query like this SELECT Companies.CompaniesID, Companies.CompanyName FROM Companies WHERE (((Left([Companies].[CompanyName],5)) In (SELECT left([CompanyName],5) FROM [Companies] As Tmp GROUP BY left(CompanyName,5) HAVING Count(*)>1 ))) ORDER BY Companies.CompanyName; works fine. but I would like to know if it is possible to do the same but only starting from the second, third on nth place inside the name. This so it will find e.g. the following duplicates, or mistypes which have been entered again Catherine Katherine Papadopoulos pepadopoulos Thank you -- Message p...

Trouble after deleting a Microsoft Exchange e-mail account
I left my company a week ago. Before I left, I made sure to synchronize all my Outlook data. Today I set up my local internet provider within outlook and deleted the Microsoft Exchange e-mail setup. I LOST ALL MY SYNCHRONIZED DATA! I really need it back. Can someone please help me!!!!!! It doesn't seem to be in a .pst, I think it's in some default outlook file. Thanks. If you deleted your Exchange profile, your data is gone. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...

Can this be done?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet set up to track daily sales, quotas, etc with a seperate sheet in the workbook for each month of the year. There is one for each salesman (currently 12) in this region, that I need to link to a regional workbook for a pivot chart. The problem is that I need to distribute the same sales spreadsheets and regional workbook to other regional managers (exact # not known at this time) so they can track the sales in their territory without knowing the names of the other salesmen. Is there a way to dynamically link a workbook or spreadsheet to multiple others, by having th...

Outlook 2003 Cached Exchange Mode #2
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 With Exchange 2000 Sp3 on windows terminal Server 2000 It seems like I am unable to change the account setting to cached exchange mode since,the option is grayed out. Anyone experienced this? Is there a specific reason? Thanks, Okan Solved... Just in case anyone else wonders why, here is the reason: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC02.htm However, there are some limitations to be aware of. For example, you cannot use Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode when you run Outlook on Windows Terminal Services. Also, to help provide the best ...

Removing all links from an excel workbook
Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell and remove the link individually? Any shortcut toward the removal of links would be very helpful. Thank you. Go to Google; Someone offers code to do this (I can't remember who, where,,,) "Mac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC30E57F-8210-402D-AB34-71C4978FCF39@microsoft.com... > Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell and remove the link individual...

Exchange 2003 Admin
Hi All, We've just migrated one of our exchange clusters from 5.5 to 2003. Everything is working fine at the moment but there is one question that our admins are asking that I can't find the answer to. Namely, on the old 5.5 admin there was a field on the general tab of the user object properties dialog that was titled 'Assistant'. We can't find this anywhere in the new UI for the user properties in 2003. We have some other software that extracts this data for a firm directory app we have on our intranet, so the admins need to be able to update it. Anybody know how to find...

changing system password in EPM front and backend database server
I have implemented EPM in my company .with two server installation . One is front end and second is backend . and during installation of all tools i have used domain id and password . now i want to change that password . changing of password will effect at any working of EPM tools and will create any problems ? kindly reply me soon. -- Regards Basim Khalid Alvi Infrastructure Consultant MCP,MCTS,MCITP,Microsoft Enterprise Project Manager Hi Basim, To change service account details (I am assuming Project Server 2007) you will need to change the details for a nu...

speparate public folders physically on one server
HI I want to host several companies on one server. Therefore I created for each client a storagegroup with a mailbox store and a public folder store. But on an exchange server you can only have one public folder tree for MAPI clients. Now what should I do? Has someone an idea how I can separate the public folders physically like the mailboxes?? I couldn't find an tutorial or something like this.... thanks for help, cheers Phil ...

Exchange Licenses???
We are just moving from SBS to regular windows network. We will have 80 licenses (per device) for Exchange 2003. Can you tell me where I can go in Exchange to see how many licenses are currently in use? I want to make sure we are not ordering more licenses than we need. Thank you so much! -Douglas If you are ordering per Device then count up your Devices (computers) in Active Directory Users and Computers under Computers. Also might consider any Windows CE devices too. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Douglas McIver" <doug...

Microsoft Mail without Exchange server
Hello all, Just wondering if I can setup microsoft internal mail without having an exchange server. All machines are running Windows 2000Pro with Office 2000Pro. I have one workstation that can serve as a postoffice but we can not afford an exchange server Thanks Jay http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-50,GGLD:en&q=outlook+2000+microsoft+mail+postoffice --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...