All user Calendars shared read/write by default

Hello,

I'm working on a network that was setup by someone else a couple years
back.  We're in the process of moving all Calendar information from an
online service into Outlook.

I noticed something odd in doing this:  All the users calendars are
available to anyone else for reading AND writing AND deleting.
Meaning, you can add whoever you want into Shared Calendars and can
then do anything you want to their calendar.

There's nothing in the Sharing properties that points to anyone else
having rights.  There's nothing server side that I can find that allows
this.  Our Active Directory setup has very limited Group Policy items,
only a couple that don't remotely deal with Outlook.

Any ideas?

0
sheltomt (10)

On 20 Sep 2006 15:24:54 -0700, sheltomt@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm working on a network that was setup by someone else a couple years
>back.  We're in the process of moving all Calendar information from an
>online service into Outlook.
>
>I noticed something odd in doing this:  All the users calendars are
>available to anyone else for reading AND writing AND deleting.
>Meaning, you can add whoever you want into Shared Calendars and can
>then do anything you want to their calendar.
>
>There's nothing in the Sharing properties that points to anyone else
>having rights.  There's nothing server side that I can find that allows
>this.  Our Active Directory setup has very limited Group Policy items,
>only a couple that don't remotely deal with Outlook.
>
>Any ideas?

Just calendars, or their entire mailbox?
0
adavid (8731)
9/20/2006 10:53:29 PM
Andy David - MVP wrote:

> Just calendars, or their entire mailbox?

Thanks for taking the time to follow it up, I got it worked out.  Much
higher level permissions issue was affecting this.  Had a group that
95% of the users belonged to that had Network Amin rights (!)

I have to assume that the previous network admin had a reason for doing
this, but...wow.

Anyway, took those rights out and it's behaving as it should be.

0
sheltomt (10)

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

New to User Forms

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

Users Shared Folders

I am working on calendars, how do I change days of the week from .
It usually works best if you actually include a message. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Share Cash Draw in RMS
I'm new to RMS, and looking to go through certification shortly, in the meantime .. Is it possible to have multiple terminals share a single reciept Printer and cash draws? how do you set it up? You would have to set the printer up to use Windows drivers rather than OPOS - then just share the printer on the network. I would NOT recommend sharing the cash drawer - you will have a terrible time trying to close (Z report) the registers and balance the cash drawer. Set it up in the lab - I think you'll see what I mean very quickly... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www...

How to read Netnews using Outlook
I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any program except Outlooks How can I set Outlook to read netnews? Dom "arcangel4588" <arcangel4588@comcast.net> wrote in message news:sfidnS7b9OyEFa_VnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@comcast.com... >I am trying to read netnews using Outlook. When I use Outlook Express, it >also download's email. I do not want to have my email download to any >program except Outlooks > > How can I set Outlook to read netnews? > > D...

Need User Name and Password

Date changes when email is read
I have recently moved to using Outlook 2003. When email first arrives (IMAP) it has the correct "Date" but as soon as I read the email (or do any action that removes the "unread status") the Date changes to what seems to be GMT. Is there some setting I am missing? I have checked my system timezone etc and this does seem correct. thanks ...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

setting up meeting on calendar
In work, when we set up unit meetings, my boss sends the email, and you send back by choosing if you are going to attend or not. If you choose to attend, it puts the meeting on your calendar. ANyone know how to do this? The Billy Use File->New->Meeting. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Det. Sipowicz <me@here.com> asked: | In work, when we set up unit meetings, my b...

changing the default invoice templates!
Dear All I have MM 2005 Small Business. I want to edit the default templates for invoices (as I have to add my company number and VAT number to them..) I can do this, and save them within the Invoice Designer. But they don't show up in the templates list within Money! Any ideas? Also, if I export a .inv file and try and import it, it says its from a file type from before 2004 and cant be used! Any ideas would be gratefully received! Andrew Shoben http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/17.aspx for the first one. Don't know about the second. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money h...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Change default to Excel 2000 when 2007 installed
Hi, I ahve both Excel 200 and 2007 installed on my PC and whilst I'm learning 2007, I want Excel 2000 to be my default program when opening Excel .XLS files. Is there a way to do this please? Thanks, Rob Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and re-register 2000 Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver See the space between exe and /unregserver. Then register 2000 Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver This process should make...