All incoming email denied

All of a sudden on Saturday, all incoming email is bieng returned "denied"
(at least that what the sender is telling me, I have not seen the actual
error report). We can send mail internally and externally, but no one can
send mail to us. Any ideas, need some place to start.

0
you1 (9)

Look at your SMTP logs, see if there is anything usual in the event logs,
get a copy of the NDR from an external source. Use your hotmail, gmail....
account to test.

Nue
"chris" <you@me.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden on Saturday, all incoming email is bieng returned "denied"
> (at least that what the sender is telling me, I have not seen the actual
> error report). We can send mail internally and externally, but no one can
> send mail to us. Any ideas, need some place to start.

0
imaneophyte (3004)

how can i view emails queued in secondary mail server
dear all , if my primary mail server is down emails are queued in a secondary mail server until my primary mail server is up again is there a way to view the emails queued in the secondary mail server during the down time of my primary mail server ? "Hussein" <Hussein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >dear all , > >if my primary mail server is down emails are queued in a secondary mail server >until my primary mail server is up again >is there a way to view the emails queued in the secondary mail server during the down time of my primary mail server ? ...

How can I stop emails from going to my Blackberry from Outlook?
My job changed my Blackberry phone and our computer tech cannot figure out how to stop my emails from automatically going to my old phone which is now disconnected. I checked under rules - there is nothing there. We have no idea how the previous tech set it up. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Opening email attachement
When i open an attachment in message (e.g. Word 2000) the word file opens behind the message. This problem is intermitent. Can someone HELP. Thanks Focus issues are usually caused by the videocard driver. Update it to the latest version or if you are already running the latest version roll back to the previous version. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Taghreed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053a01c...

forward outlook email to external address
I was wondering if I can have my outlook email at work also sent to my home address automatically. Rules Wizard and only if the Exchange Admin allows forwards to the Internet. Any admin worth their salary keeps this disabled. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, can I forward outlook email to external address asked: | I was wondering if I can have my outlook email at work | also sen...

receive all email except two email address
for exchange2k, how can i set up a email address to receive all email to this domain but only exclude two email address? thanks in advance. sean I think that one might require a custom event sink. Or if you run a different platform for an SMTP relay, maybe this is more easily accomplished there? sean007 wrote: > for exchange2k, how can i set up a email address to receive all email to this > domain but only exclude two email address? thanks in advance. > > sean Create mailboxes for those two addresses and follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;32402...

Forwarding email #7
Hi, I want to forward email messages a user receive to another person. For example, user1 recieves email messages, then a copy wil automatic forward to his manager. Can this be done in Exchange Server 2003? How to configure it? Thank you. On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 22:58:01 -0700, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I want to forward email messages a user receive to another person. For >example, user1 recieves email messages, then a copy wil automatic forward to >his manager. Can this be done in Exchange Server 2003? How to configure it? >Thank you. &g...

Emails sent are not being received by recipient
I am using Outlook 2007 installed via Office Professional 2007. Up until a couple of months ago, all seemed well. When I use REPLY or REPLY ALL to an email is it not always received by the recipient. It sends, shows in the sent box, but the recipient does not recieve it. There are NO indications it did not go out, and I don't get an error email saying it did not get received or their was a problem. ALL INDICATIONS POINT TO IT WAS RECEIVED. When I REPLY or REPLY ALL directly from my comast account, there are no problems. Therefore it seems to be an OUTLOOK 2007 proble...

Office small business 2003 OUTLOOK multiple email accounts
Hello to all. I am running office 2003 as part of small business 2003. I have now 2 email accounts. The first is fine and working well. The second one I just set up and this will be used as the inbox for emails to be sent to from a "catch all" profile as set up from my ISP. I would like all the emails that arrive in the second email address to be placed into a seprate folder and not to be mixed up with emails from my 1st and original email address. I dont used Exchange server. Does anyone know how to do this? Use the Rules Wizard to sort mail items based on receiving account...

Batch Email edit
Hi, I am looking for a way of editing and saving down emails in batch. EG, changing the subject of 10 emails to "bla" and then saving down. i dont have to change the subject, antyhing can be changed as long as the "save email" dialog appears. We have a vaulting application whereby we can only unvault after changing something in the email and then saving down again. I have a batch of emails that i want to unvault, and it wouldn't be time efficient to do these individually. Regards, Arun ...

IMF Junk Email Problem
I have installed the Intelligent Message Filter on Exchange 2003. Under the Gateway Blocking Configuration, I am not taking any action on emails. However, on the Store Junk Email configuration, I have a SCL rating of 7 set to move messages to the Junk Email Folder. I am using Outlook 2003. I am not seeing any of the emails being moved in my, or other users Junk Email folders. I went to another thread and added a custom form column inside Outlook 2003 to see the value being assigned by the Intelligent Message Filter. The messages with SCL of 7 to 9 are still being placed in my inbox...

Quick Campaign Email doubled
In CRM 3.0 SBE, every time I send out emails to a Quick Campaign for a Marketing List, all of the emails are sent twice. Has anyone run across this problem? Hell Donna i did come accross this email some time. To resolve the issue i had to tackle it from the sql database directly. The problem you are experiencing is because there are two (2) workflow processes for a quickcampaign. When you run a quick campaign, the job runs two times. Are you any good with SQL? Please let me know. I will send you the instructions. -- IT Manager "DonnaDea" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 SBE, ever...

How to Attach Sales Literature to an Email
I can't understand this.... MS has in both versions 1.2 and 3.0 built into the CRM product what seems to be a nice depository for storing sales literature without providing any easy way for a user to email those documents. I am surprised to see that even in v 3.0 there is still no mechanism to attach to an email a document from the Sales Literature store. What is the point of building such a store if sending documents to a client would require saving a clumsy workaround (like saving the documents first to the desktop and then adding as an attachment to the activity. I can under...

Does Exchange Server keep a copy of emails in a user's email accou
If you archive a certain amount of emails on a user's account, will the those email appear back in the inbox if you remove the email profile and re-add the profile back to outlook? No, not if they were archived and removed from the server. -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE...

Large emails hang up Outlook
My webhost recently changed email servers and since that time I've noted that emails larger than roughly 100K seldom get through. I used a packet sniffer to examine the exchange and it appears to be identical to that for smaller emails that work. When the final packet from the server arrives, I (Outlook) ACKs it with the expected sequence and acknowledgement values but it does nothing further. After 5 minutes the server times out. After several (up to 20-30) tries spanning a few hours to a few days, the large email typically gets through and the exchange looks identical except tha...

Contacts not showing up in To: button on new email
OL2000 SP3 This is very similar to the other threads where people dont have the "show address book" checked, or ones where they don't have the "Outlook Address Book" added to services. Except with this error none of those fixes work. I tried deleting the service and re-adding it to no avail. (yes I clicked exit and log off in between) Anyone have any other ideas? Does anything show up in your address book? Also, just to be sure, you're in Corporate/Workgroup mode as shown on the second line here: Help menu > About, right? "Ryan Ryke" <ryanryk...

One email address to three users
Hi, Our Clients have Exchange 2000 and they want to have (info@domain.com) emails to be sent to three diffrent users, in the sales team. How do i do this, one frowarding i can do but more then that help..... Many Thanks JP Create a Distribution List. If you need to retain messages for sales@ in a separate mailbox, then you can forward to the DL. If all you need is to have messages for sales@ delivered to mutliple users, simply call the DL "Sales" or assign it the email address sales@. Good practice for all generic addresses like sales, info, ir, jobs, etc. -- Bharat Suneja M...

Automate saving of attachments on new incoming emails
Hi all, I'm new to developing for Office and Outlook (I come from a Lotus Notes developing environment). I have some generic email inboxes that different clients would use to send their attachments to. What I need is to find a way to write a script/macro that would perform saving of the attachments on all new incoming emails. I found a sample code that I could use to get what I want: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268754.aspx My question is... Can this code run on the server side for the generic emails (there are 6 of them) that I want it on, or do all 6...

I want my sent emails to go to the folder from which they originated/reply emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have work folders where I put various emails pretaining to the job I'm working on. I receive emails and move them to their pertinant folders, then I reply to those emails. I would like those email I reply to, to be delegated to that particular folder. Right now they just appear in sent folder. Microsoft Outlook did this no problem, but I can't get it to work in Mac. ...

Denied accses to my pst files after a reintalling windows
I have office xp and after using a recovery disk to format c and reinstall windows, I recive a warning message when trying to open my old saved pst files. Thanks in advance. James I assume you have copied the old PST back on your harddisk. In that case right click on the pst file , go to properties and check if the file has the attribute READ. "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28c3701c464c8$0b5a4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have office xp and after using a recovery disk to > format c and reinstall windows, I recive a warning > messa...

Creating an email list
I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address. Say your email list is in column C starting in C1. In D1 enter "=C1" without the quotes. In D2 enter =D1&","&C2. Drag this formula down as far as your email list goes. The last cell will show all the emails. HTH Otto "ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59C0E067-1E04-4FE2-B1...

SMTP Email Addresses Resolving
We have one exchange 2000 account with multiple SMTP addresses and we would like the user to be able to see which email addresses are being sent. Right now all email addresses are resolving to the primary so the user cannot tell which address it was sent too. Is there a way to force exchange to pass through the SMTP address setup in the Email Addresses tab? Please let me know, thanks, Gavin Does adding the 'To' column to the inbox view in Outlook do what you want? i.e. along the top line, you normally see From, Subject, Received, etc. Add the To field to that. It should do ...

How to determine what SMTP address email was sent to?
I have setup a mailbox with about 40+ different SMTP addresses. I have a vendor sending a report to this mailbox that I need to reroute based on which of the SMTP addresses it was sent to. I create a rule in Outlook but it doesn't work, and all the emails show in Outlook like they were sent to the display name of the mailbox. I can save the message as unicode and see the actual SMTP, but I can't tell from inside Outlook. Does anyone know how to do this? In news:1139237618.264847.102880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, BCole8888 <BCole8888@gmail.com> typed: > I have setup ...

Internet Email Error
Started receiving Internet Email error dialog box 1/28/04 when retreiving email from MSN POP3 account. Message states: "Some messages couldn't be retreived from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. I problem persists, contact your administrator." I have tried fixes referenced in Knowledge Base Articles #811167, #199990, #310783 & #195717. No help. MSN Support says contact Outlook Support, Outlook says contact MSN. Anyone know the root cause of this error?? Thanks, Steve ...

Internal exchange client's email
Hello, If I have a user that was let go, and someone wanted to get their future emails coming to the old user's email address, how can I be sure that even internal exchange users' email goes to the new person...even though they're either typing in the full email address (someone@company.com) or using the Smart Tag (someone) in the To field. Adding an SMTP address to the new user is easy, that works for anyone emailing the let-go user from the outside. I want to know how to get it going from inside of our exchange environment. Thanks! Exchange will use SMTP as well so if it ...

Transferring emails and attachments
Is there a way to transfer emails and/or attachments from one computer with Outlook to another computer with Outlook? Thanks. Pete You could move the relevant *.pst file, and your could even email them. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Pete wrote: > Is there a way to transfer emails and/or attachments from > one computer with Outlook to another computer with > Outlook? Thanks. > Pete Thanks, but where are the .pst files stored? >-----Original Message----- >You could move the relevant *.pst file, and your could even email them. > >Hope this is...