All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003

I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under
Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists.
Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address
list name in their Outlook client?

For example, I have an address list called "Confidential
Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure
out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see
the contents of the address list.  However, these same
users can still see the heading or name of the address
list.

I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see
an address list heading but not access the contents.

Thanks

0
bean1810 (11)

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting here!

From the log, you'd like to restrict the Address Lists access to one
particular user. If I misunderstood the issue, please let me know.

By Default all the Address Lists are viewable to All users in the Exchange
Organization. It is possible to allow only certain address lists to appear
to a particular set of clients. However, we do not have public articles for
your reference in this matter. I will write to you directly to provide some
internal steps to do the trick. I hope it can also work on your side.

Thanks & Regards,

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
6/29/2004 6:08:41 AM
Hi Ana,

I got the NDR when sending email to you. Would you please provide me the
correct email address so that I can send the response?

Thanks

Thanks & Regards,

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
6/29/2004 6:15:16 AM
Hi ana

You gotta create a blank address list and under that address list you create the addresslist that you would like to create and manage the permission on the blank addresslist. This will solve your problem of visibility of addresslist.

Hope this will help you. If noe feel free to contact me at jitesh_vaishnav@yahoo.com or jitesh_vaishnav@hotmail.com

Regards,
Jitesh

"Jack Xu [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Ana,
>
> I got the NDR when sending email to you. Would you please provide me the
> correct email address so that I can send the response?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Jack Xu
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
> MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

Yes, thank you I would appreciate the information on how
to do this.  We have address lists that only certain
people in our organization are allowed to view.
Therefore, we do not want to create confusion when people
see an address book listed under "All Address Lists" and
they are able to see the name of the address book, but
cannot access the contents.  So, yes, I would like to
restrict access to Address lists by groups or users.

Thanks again, and I look forward to steps on how to
accomplish this.

access to one
>particular user. If I misunderstood the issue, please let
me know.

>By Default all the Address Lists are viewable to All
users in the Exchange
>Organization. It is possible to allow only certain
address lists to appear
>to a particular set of clients. However, we do not have
public articles for
>your reference in this matter. I will write to you
directly to provide some
>internal steps to do the trick. I hope it can also work
on your side.

>Thanks & Regards,
>
>Jack Xu
>Microsoft Online Partner Support
>MCSE2000, MCDBA2000
>
>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

>When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
your newsreader so
>that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
confers no rights.

>.

0
bean1810 (11)
6/29/2004 2:04:33 PM
Please use this email address: anamariep@hotmail.com

Thanks again..

0
anonymous (74717)
6/29/2004 2:20:13 PM
Hi Ana,

I have sent the email to anamariep@hotmail.com. If anything is unclear, or
if you did not get my email, please do not hesitate to tell me.

Thanks!

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
7/1/2004 2:39:05 AM
Hi Ana,

Please let me know if anything is unclear on this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
7/5/2004 4:01:54 AM
Hi Ana,

Do you have update?

Thanks & Regards,

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
7/7/2004 9:36:54 AM
Hi Ana,

Please let me know if anything is unclear.

Thanks & Regards,

Jack Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE2000, MCDBA2000

jackxu (28)
7/9/2004 8:39:31 AM
Hi,
I am having the same problem where i need to hide address lists from
other users so they only see their company address book. I have it at
the moment that they cant see the contents of the address book but it
is listed at the top level i would really like to hide the address list
they dont have access to

Thanks
Kevin

0
kevin9609 (3)

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

How to manage junk senders list
Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but is there any fast method? Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anybody know how to delete all the entry inside the > junk senders list? I can delete the entry one by one but > is there any fast method? Since you decided that your Outlook version wasn't important enough to share, this question cannot be answered definitively. -- Brian Tillman ...

return to Money 2003
I got a new machine with Money 2006 on it and I want to go to back to 2003 but now 2003 wont open my backup file. Is there a fix for this? Money files can't be read by an earlier version. When M2006 upgraded your 2003 file it made a copy and told you what it was called and where it put it. Look for a file ending in .m11. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/80.aspx for how to rename etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically ask...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

List of Emails from Sent Box?
I'm changing email addresses and I want to get a list of all the email addresses in my sent box in outlook to send a notice that I'll be switching addresses. Is thare an easy way to do this? ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Pasting from Word 2002 to Outlook 2003
How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks Ask in a Programming group for Word or Outlook for help with programming = questions. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Namgaw asked: | How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying | the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks ...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Groups/Distribution Lists
Hi all, I recently decided to make the switch over from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. Anyhow, I didn't realise I'd have such the major problem that I've run into now. In Outlook Express I created "Groups" so that I could send out one e-mail to many different people EASILY so long as they were all assosciated in this group. Outlook deals with these groups as "Distribution Lists". For some reason though, when Outlook took my contacts, it didn't take my Groups. I've yet to find a way to import these groups into Outlook either. I guess essentia...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Word 2003: Hide underlying macro to unprotect document
I would like to give our clients the ability to unprotect a form should they want to modify the terms and conditions. I found this macro on a board and it works: ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="pwd" However, I don't want our clients, or our sales teams, to be able to double click and see the VB editor where the actual password is typed in. Is there a way to prevent them from doing this? Thank you. You can lock the project with a password. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "mela" <mela@discussions.micr...

CRM unter Windows 2003 Installationsanleitung
Erst die Version 1.2 (ab Dezember 2003) soll unter W2k3 Server laufen, jedoch nicht die 1.0 Version. Mit folgender Anleitung funktioniert es jedoch mit der 1.0 Verision unter 2003. 0.) Microsoft CRM l�uft nur unter einem englischen Betriebssystem. Deutsch bringt Fehler beim installieren ("Can't create root organization...") usw. 1.) Bei der Installation zun�chst auf den Organization Name achten, der unbedingt zur Lizenz (MSDN oder gekauft) passen muss 1.1) Installation normal durchf�hren und Lizenz eingeben 2.) wenn die Installation soweit abgeschlossen ist m�ssen u...

clear block senders list
Is the way to clear the block sender list and start fresh? Thank you for any input krkaaz@comcast.net It helps telling us what version of Outlook you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1815901c449e5$a5ea4a30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is the way to clear the block sender list and start fresh? > > Thank you for any input > > krkaaz@comcast.net ...

Slow typing in Outlook 2003
Hi, I've recently run into an odd thing in Outlook 2003. When I go to type a new message in the message body there seems to be a huge delay from when I type something on my keyboard to when it shows on the screen. Typing in the subject area is fine, and even using the backspace key to delete characters operates as normal. Just typing new text in the message body area seems affected. What i've tried so far is archiving a bunch of my older messages and compacting the pst file. No luck. What can be causing this, and how can I fix it? Thanks! I have the exact same problem. I also had ...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Marketing List Direct Email
Hi Is there any any way to send a Direct Email through a Marketing List. I know you can use a quick campaign for a marketing list but there are far more steps involved. Thanks Doc Doc, You can send Direct Email from Marketing Lists in the Campaigne area. To do so you need to create a Campaigne and a campaigne activity that includes a email. Unfortunately what happens is that it creates email activities for the appropriate user and that user must actually SEND the e-mail. If you are sending from the Outlook client, you can use the Mail Merge function which will allow you to create ...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

CRM 3.0 Drop Down List Attribute
Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? Thanks! They are stored in the stringmap table. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Banner" wrote: > Where are the 'Drop Down List' attribute options and their associated indexes > stored in the CRM database (CRM 3.0)? > > Thanks! ...

problem with conditional sum in excel 2003
I have a document that I think conditional sum has gotten corrupted in. Below is an example of my problem. If I want to add up all of the emails that Fred has made, I would make start a conditional sum with: the column to sum: emails the column to evaluate is: User the value to get info from is: Fred # User emails 1 Ted 16 2 Fred 4 3 Tom 8 4 Ben 13 5 Sally 2 6 Fred 8 7 Fred 7 8 Sally 11 9 Ben 9 10 Tom 10 Fred 19 The conditional sum should answer 19. The problem I'm having on just one document is that it's just counting the number of times Freds name is listed: 3. I have ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

OWA 2003 and Appointment
Dear all, With OWA 2003, when I set appointment with invitation, why is it that I could not see the free/busy info of my invitees. I can see the free/busy info using my outlook 2002. FYI, I am running Exchange 2003 in coexistance with Exchange 5.5 at the moment (mixed mode). Thanks. Regards, Kueh. ...