Administrative Groups #2

I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First
Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003 Server
and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to
re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each group.
The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part of
campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The
server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the controlling
group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the other...server
admins being able to make changes that will affect other groups? If so, how
do I make the Support Administrative Group, the dominant group. I may be
using the wrong terminology here. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:29:09 -0800, "rptak@uark.edu"
<rptakuarkedu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First
>Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003 Server
>and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to
>re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each group.
>The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part of
>campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The
>server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the controlling
>group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the other...server
>admins being able to make changes that will affect other groups? If so, how
>do I make the Support Administrative Group, the dominant group. I may be
>using the wrong terminology here. Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Richard

The admin groups are administratively separate. Your user account can
have rights over one or both groups, and the servers in those groups.
The AGs have no bearing on how Exchange works, you use the server
configurations and routing groups for that purpose.
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/30/2004 4:30:48 PM
Adding to what Mark already said, you can use Exchange Administration
Delegation Wizard to set up adinistrative permissions for each of the
Administrative groups. Right click Administrative group - Delegate control.

Regards,
Boris

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:29:09 -0800, "rptak@uark.edu"
> <rptakuarkedu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First
> >Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003
Server
> >and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to
> >re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each
group.
> >The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part
of
> >campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The
> >server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the
controlling
> >group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the
other...server
> >admins being able to make changes that will affect other groups? If so,
how
> >do I make the Support Administrative Group, the dominant group. I may be
> >using the wrong terminology here. Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Richard
>
> The admin groups are administratively separate. Your user account can
> have rights over one or both groups, and the servers in those groups.
> The AGs have no bearing on how Exchange works, you use the server
> configurations and routing groups for that purpose.

0
msexpert1 (171)

Creating Groups
Help! I must be missing something simple. I can't seem to create address groups that are visible from the Outlook client. I've created a test group in AD Users & Computers, also in Server Manager (the process looks the same). The group was created as a Distribution Group, an Exchange email address was created for it, people were added, can't see it from the Outlook client. Am I even in the right area? I need several email groups that Exchange users can select in Outlook to send mail to multiple people in the organization. Thanks for the help >-----Original M...

Columns #2
Howdy -- I'm running Publisher 2002 and Windows XP. I formatted 500 words of text into a 3 column format, fully justified (Times Roman, 10 pt). All is okay except the last line of each paragraph. Whether it is one word or six words, that last line expands to full column width. When it's one word thus-- p l a n . -- it is unacceptable. What am I missing in the formatting? Any cures? Thanks -- Mike Michael LeFan The Write Place < www.lefan.com > 'Patience, My Foot!' <www.lefan.com/patience/> Voice: 254.773-3590 Fax: 254.231...

Where is the MS Money 2007 rebate form? #2
I just downloaded MS Money 2007 Premium, but the rebate form never appeared in the download process. I gather from reading the Microsoft order website that it is suppose to be available at the end of the download. Well it never was and I'm afraid I've clicked something wrong. I know several people here have downloaded the program, so how did you get your rebate form? How can I get my rebate form? Please help. Anna, Go to: http://www.findmyorder.com There you will be prompted to enter either your order number and password OR your email address and "last five" of the credi...

HTML Newsletters #2
We have been sending Publisher produced newsletters for the past 18 months or so. I have recently noticed a number of the emails with Adobe attachements bouncing back. I suspect this is due to firewall filters. Can I produce the e-mail in HTML format from Publisher? If so how? If this cannot be done, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Tony ...

virus scan #2
When I open an excel sheet it "requests a virus scan" any way to switch this off as I move between different spreadsheets and it slow everything down for me. thanks That would be a function of your anti-virus program. Norton and other anti-virus programs have settings that affect what is scanned. Review your anti-virus help file. Also, helpful advice here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "ss" <yamxs750@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in ...

2 small problems
Outlook 2002 / W98 I expect these to be easy but, as an old guy, I can't find the answer. 1) Journaling - when I get an email and want it to show up in the journal, I D&D to the Journal. This leaves a copy in my Inbox. How do I get email into the Journal folder without deleting it or keeping a copy in the Inbox? 2) Forms - I have finally managed to create a form used in 2 folders. The form works great in one folder but in the other the title shows as strike-thru. How do I get rid of the strike-thru? -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. P...

OnKickIdle #2
Hi, All, How to use OnKickIdle and enable UPDATE_COMMAND_UI in Modeless Dialog Box? I've the article in codeguru. The web address is: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/I-N/internet/chatprograms/article.php/c6223/ Need help badly. In the Chat_room source code, I notice that the author added OnKickIdle function, and explained: //OnKickIdle is responsible for the Update CommandUI //SDI/MDI applications have their own WM routing for this //but Dialog doesn't. That's why we had to intercept and handle it - yh I have tested the OnKickIdle function in the Modeless and Moda...

Hiding email addresses from group recipients
I have a lot of individual groups to whom I send emails. I do not want the recipients of these emails to have the email addresses of all the other people that receive that particular email. How can I hide their email addresses? I've searched everywhere for the answer but remain clueless! You need to go to "view" and pull it down to "show bcc." You click the addressess into BCC for Blind carbon copy. The recipient will not see the others. It's a great consideration. I hate it when people include me in a visible list, because that's how spam begins. >...

Data Entry problem #2
When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know where. Can anyone help? one way; Ctrl+A to select the entire sheet. Then format>cells>number tab Alternative; Tools>options>Edit tab>uncheck the fixed decimals box HTH "Bob Shepard" wrote: > When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points > (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know > where. Can anyone help? Hi Bob Just had...

Administrative permissions
I am having some problems with permissions related to administration of our EX 2003 server. If the administrator is not a domain admin exchange errors when attempting to add or modify a user. I understand that re-running domain prep can resolve this issue. I am wondering if this is the best method or should I look elsewhere for the solution. hi, May I know what the error is? Are your exch and GC not in the same machine? why don't you give the administrator member of domain admin or exch full admin? have you tried log on with an account that have full exch admin right? check adminis...

yahoo e-mail #2
I have just lost my job, and want to get my yahoo e-mail to load automatically into Outlook. I have been unsuccessful. Can you help? You will need a paid yahoo premium account to work in Outlook - see their mail help pages for instructions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. While thinking hard, suzanne <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> queried: | I have just lost my job, and want to get my yahoo e-mail | to load automatically into Outlook. I have been | unsuccessful. | | Can you help? There is a free 3rd party...

Administrator
In POS2K9, is there a way to install a role that is almighty, like an adminstrator? -- JWray Sawtooth Technology by default doesn't the manager have full access "JWray" wrote: > In POS2K9, is there a way to install a role that is almighty, like an > adminstrator? > -- > JWray > Sawtooth Technology From the Help Menu Allow administrative access Certain tasks in Microsoft Dynamics POS fall into the category of system administration and must be allowed or denied for each employee. These include: Create backups of the store database, Perform other database ope...

no exchange tasks in the recovry storage group
helo i have restore my data to the recovery storage group in exchange 2003 SP1 but... when i right-click the mailbox i want to restore in the recovery storage group i see only 'help' no 'exchange task' and i have sp2 and i have installed SP1 again just to be sure stiil dont have the 'exchage tasks' please help ,tnx ! ...

Group Header 06-02-07
How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the detail section goes to the next page on a report? Thanks DS DS wrote: >How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >detail section goes to the next page on a report? Use the group header's RepeatSection property. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Marshall Barton wrote: > DS wrote: > > >>How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >>detail section goes to the next page on a report? > > > > Use the group header's RepeatS...

Customise Outlook Today #2
Hi I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with SP-3 loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button has ceased working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded with two different discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't remember if this was before or after I downloaded & installed SP-3). If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens! Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please? Many thanks Peter OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook ...

Query-based Distribution Groups #3
Good morning to all! I am suffering from 'cerebral flatulence' so please pardon my ignorance. I understand completely how to create these wonderful little groups. However, I am having a problem getting my head around how to properly use them. Here is what I know: You can create one of these little goodies based on just about anything. For example, you can base it on which Exchange Server the users 'mailbox' is housed...or, more specifically, in what Mailbox Store it is located. Or, you can base it on any given number of attributes (well, better said, the correspondin...

RSS feed for this discussion group not working anymore
Can anyone explain why did this discussion group RSS feed stop working in the past week? -- Leo ...

histogram #2
I am trying to create a histogram and when I provide a data range it tells me that data must be a contiguous reference and won't create the histogram. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks. canadian excel user - >I am trying to create a histogram and when I provide a data range it tells >me that data must be a contiguous reference and won't create the histogram. >does anyone know how to fix this? thanks. < Enter your data in a single column in adjacent cells. For a slightly better histogram, try the free add-in from the Better Histogram page at www.treeplan.co...

Money Accessibility and Sharing #2
Forgive me for reposting, but it's been nearly a week, and I didn't want to be forgotten. I am running Windows XP. My wife doesn't see very well, so her windows profile is set to 800 x 600 with extremely large fonts, etc. We have our My Money.mny file in our "Shared Documents" folder, but when she starts Money from her profile and attemps to open the money file, we get a message that says she doesn't have permission to access it. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. The former problem is hard and there is not a good answer. For all of Microsoft's eff...

Outlook 2000
One of my users is getting a strange field above his meaggaes in the right (main) pane that's titled: "drag a column header here to group by that column" I can't figure out how to get rid of this field? Anu ideas? Enable the Advanced toolbar and click the Group By Box button. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2bef801c39346$19f38790$a601280a@phx.gbl, Jeff wrote: > One of my users is getting a strange field above his &...

Group Totals 11-14-07
Vendors -- Product Invoice - # Inv Date - Quantity Product Total Product Invoice - # Inv Date - Quantity Product Total Sum=([Quantity]) This works. Now I want the Grand Total for each product on the final page. I can get a grand total for all products but I want a grand total for each product. Thanks for your help. Taylor Create a totals query similar to your report's record source that provides grand totals for each product. Use this totals query as ...

Customising Outlook Today #2
I have changed from MS 2000 to MS XP recently and am still using Outlook 2000. I am not able to customise my Outlook Today, can anyone suggest anything. Follow the instructions given in the following KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Katherine" <kshepherd@bachellp.com> wrote in message news:2d8c301c46a61$f285e650$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have changed from MS 2000 to MS XP recently and am > s...

Excel Upgrade #2
I upgraded my users (all of the are Power Users) to Office 2003 from Office 2000 and now I get an error message "The workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features". They have the full install running from thier computers. I don't have the problem as an administrator but they ALL have the problem as Power Users. None of the articles on the knowledge base helped nor the help in the software. The problem is really obivious in Excel. Its definitely a rights thing but I don't know which Hive key. Anyone else seen this?? Search ...

Sending email to a group
How can I send the same email to a group of people? In my previous email provider, I was able to send email up to 100 contacts at one time. I tried sending an email to 15 and was denied. Who is your 'current' e-mail provider? You have to ask them. WLMail doesn't set the limit. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20A0CEA1-78D9-4414-ACAC-8456419986E8@microsoft.com... > > How can I send the same email to a group of people? In my previous email ...

Where is the Administrative Note field gone ?
Hi there. Just going thru an upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 SP1 and have a question from one of our helpdesk admins. In our 5.5 environment we were putting little support notes about DLs - who asked for it to be created, the date, who has authority to be added/change the members, original System Request #, etc. Where is this field now in AD U&C now ? Did the Advanced Features, no luck. The only way to see them is thru the old 5.5 admin tool, but once we drop the 5.5 server we're kind of stuck. We don't want to use the Notes field because that's where we store i...