ADM and ADC

Hi all
I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but
when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the
accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox
associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue the
users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC.

Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and
selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with the
newly migratged NT to AD account?

WOW what a pain this process is

Thansk
0
Skipster (152)

ADMT should be used first. Then use the migrate mailbox.

"Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but
> when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the
> accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox
> associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue
> the
> users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC.
>
> Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and
> selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with
> the
> newly migratged NT to AD account?
>
> WOW what a pain this process is
>
> Thansk

0
mitch3952 (134)
3/22/2005 2:57:45 AM
Are you moving from one Forest to another or one organization to another. If
so you should use ADMT then migrate mailboxes and do not use the ADC. if it
is within the same organization then it is a different process.

"Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but
> when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the
> accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox
> associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue
> the
> users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC.
>
> Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and
> selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with
> the
> newly migratged NT to AD account?
>
> WOW what a pain this process is
>
> Thansk

0
mitch3952 (134)
3/22/2005 2:59:29 AM
No the move is from a NT domain to a 2003 forest, and the 2003 exchange
server and hte 5.5 are ins the same site routing group and admin group

"mitch" wrote:

> Are you moving from one Forest to another or one organization to another. If
> so you should use ADMT then migrate mailboxes and do not use the ADC. if it
> is within the same organization then it is a different process.
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> > I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but
> > when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the
> > accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox
> > associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue
> > the
> > users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC.
> >
> > Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and
> > selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with
> > the
> > newly migratged NT to AD account?
> >
> > WOW what a pain this process is
> >
> > Thansk

0
Skipster (152)

ADC Setup Question
Ehlo there; I am setting up ADC to the following kind of environment: -Exchange 5.5: one org, 5 sites (lets call them US, UK, France, Canada, Germany). Connectors set up "star -like" with US being in the middle (foreign sites are real small ones). -AD (2003): one forest, several domains. One domain per country, i.e. US, UK, France, Canada, Germany. No special business requirements. Email just needs to work (GALs keep updated etc). We expect to spend some time with ADC as it looks like we won't be able migrate the foreign sites to E2003 very soon. My question: is it enoug...

Outlk11.adm
After installing the template I have no text in the explanation tabs for any of the items for my Outlook 2003 policy. I am running Exchange server 2003 and my clients are using Outlook 2003. FWIW, I ran the gpresults utility and it confirms that the policy is applied to my login. ...

ADM and ADC
Hi all I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue the users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC. Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with the newly migratged NT to AD account? WOW what a pain this process is Thansk ...

ADC setup error
I am trying to setup ADC from the Exchange 2003 SP1 CD on a windows 2000 server. This server is not a DC, just a server I built for ADC during the migration. When I run setup I get an error message that says " Setup was unable to contact the server. Please ensure that this server is operational." I searched google for this and I cannot seem to find anything about this. The server is SP4 and all critical updates have been installed. Does anyone have any information about this error? Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Nurv ...

Wind Roses
I am trying to create a wind rose from 5 years consecutive hourly me data. Does anyone know how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andy Pope posted some information on wind rose charts in the following thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3D57DBC9.6050606%40digitab.demon.co.uk wqtnomore < wrote: > I am trying to create a wind rose from 5 years consecutive hourly met > data. Does anyone know how? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

OUTLK11.ADM
Hello: Is it a good idea to add OUTLK11.ADM to my GPO to control Outlook 2003 settings? The file is only 95 KB, so I figure the worse thing that can happen is that the file has to replicate to all DCs. I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who has used this before. Thank you and happy Thanksgiving! -- Sincerely, Martin Do you have current GPO's? Then just add OUTLK11.ADM and set your settings for the OU you want to control. Unless you have a very complicated domain structure, there should be no problems regarding replication. Greetings, hans and ofcourse a happy than...

Custom ADM Template Problem
I'm trying to make a registry change via GPO and have written this ADM file, but the change never takes place on the computer I'm testing. I can see the GP is applied. Am I doing something wrong? I copied this format from one my other ADM files that does work. CLASS MACHINE CATEGORY "Metco" CATEGORY "AutoDisconnect Changes" POLICY "Changes Autodisconnect Timeout" Explain !!AutoDisconnect KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters" VALUENAME "autodisconnect" VALUE NUMERIC 4294967295 ...

Backing up the ADC
We want to upgrade our ADC to Exchange 2003 SP1 version. Is there any special process for backing it up? (i.e. open files, should we shut the ADC service off first, do a system state etc.) We just want to make sure we get a good backup, not just garbage... often our guys do a file backup, ignore open files, and assume we can restore. Thanks. ...

ADC and migration
I currently upgraded the network to 2003 Active Directory. All servers are 2003 except for one Windows NT server still running our Exchange 5.5. I didnt not do a thing with Active Directory Connectors(ADC). The Exchange 5.5 server runs just fine. What would be the reason for me to use ADC if everything works fine the way it is? Also, does anyone know of a fantastic resource for migrating from 5.5 to Exchange 2003 step-by-step? Thanks! CJ Use ADC in order to upgrade your Exchange 5.5 server to exchange 2003 and to maintain coexistence between them. look at upgrading resources here: ht...

ADC Replication #2
A couple of days ago while my servers were replicating via ADC our T-1 went down. When the connection came back up the a diabled copy of every users was created in AD with mail enabled. When users tried to log into their email Outlook said their email mailbox could not be found. I got that fixed but, now the GAL on our 5.5 servers is routing email to the wrong email address for every user on our Exchange 2000 machine. Anyone have any idea how to clean this up. Should I export the GAL, manually edit each user and re-import the CSV file or is their an easier way? We are running a mixe...

Is there an ADM file for JAVA
I know it's not a MS product but I'm curious how aother people are controlling Java. I would like to control the turning on/off of Java in IE with policy and also the emptying of the Java cache at logoff like we can do with IE. Anybody have any pointers? thanks Pete Hello PEter J. Dickason, MCSE, See the following posting about and modify it for your needs FIRST ON A LAB ENVIRONMENT: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forumarchives/windowsgroup_policy/Jan2006/post25369073.asp Also if the changes are done in the registry which mostly is the case you can monitor ...

ADC Multi-Site Question
Hello, I'm in the midst of migrating an Exchange 5.5 environment with 3 sites to Exchange 2003. Each Exchange site is also a child domain. When running through the installation of ADC on the first child, it seems like several ADC connectors were installed. Then when going through the resource mailbox wizard, it was finding and attempting to fix mailboxes in all the various domains. I'd rather not have all recipient agreements for all the domains created on this one server. I was hoping that I could install ADC on each Exchange 2003 server in each site/child domain to handle it's o...

Sharepoint-Lists and adm-Template ???
Hello, has anyone sucessfully configured SharePoint-Lists in Outlook 2007 over the adm-template? I have configured my adm-template as follows: Sharepoint-List Name: Test Value: http://sharepoint.company.tld/Folder/List I can see the entry under HKLM\Software\Policys\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Accounts and regmon shows that these regvalues are read at the startup of Outlook. But I can't see the lists in Outlook. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help Christian -- Christian Gr�bner MVP ISA Server Hilfe & Infos rund um den ISA Server: http://www.msisafaq.de !!!...

ADC warning in application
Dear all, I am upgrade our Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT Server 4.0 to Echange 2003 SP1 on Win2K server by joining the Exch 2k3 to existing org. I found following warning in the application logs: Event ID : 8308 Type : Warning Evening catagory: Replication ADC will not replicate entry 'CN=Public Information Store (NTS03),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=NTS03,CN=Servers,CN=WINGSHK,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=WINGS,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=WINGS,DC=LAN' to the Exchange 5.5 directory because the target object should be administered using the Excha...

Cannot access the CRM reports from the accounts other than the adm
hi we have a CRM 1.2 installation in a windows 2003 SBS doamin.The CRM server is on a memeber server.when we try to access the reports it gives the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" for all users except for the administrator.The CRM server is on windows 2003 SP1 mcp; it could be a few different things, but generally is caused by insufficient security permissions of the account running the CRM and/or Crystal services. I'd recommend downloading the Crystal FAQ document here... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834789 a...

ADC question
I am planning my 5.5 to 2003 migration. I am currently running the 2000 version of ADC on my 5.5 servers. I have a 2 part question, 1) do I install the 2003 version of ADC on my 5.5 server or my new 2003 server? 2) if I have to install it on my 5.5 server, should I uninstall the 2000 version of ADC first and reboot before installing the 2003 version of ADC? or will it upgrade the version of ADC I currently have? TIA, Nurv The first thing you do in a migration like yours is to upgrade the ADC. That should answer both questions. :-) -- Hope it helps........... dw Don Wilwol Blog - h...

.adm file for IE8 on Server 2003
Where can I find the .adm file for IE8 on Server 2003 to manage group policy for XP SP3 clients I need to import the inetres.adm for IE8 into the server 2003 JonesYorks <JonesYorks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find the .adm file for IE8 on Server 2003 to manage group policy > for XP SP3 clients > > I need to import the inetres.adm for IE8 into the server 2003 Paste inetres.adm into the google.com search field. ...

Problems with ADC synchronization
Our environment is NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. Currently migrating to AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. We are using a ADC connector between the AD controller and the Exchange 5.5 server. The ADC is able to replicate some information, but not all and in some cases does not replicate a disabled mail enabled user. Even after deleting and letting replication take place does not happen for some users. We cannot attach a mailbox to those users. Those users existing 5.5 mailboxes will return an NDR from certain mailboxes trying to deliver mail. All parameters on the ADC have been checked and double che...

Exchange AutoArchive Not Working with GPO (Outlk11.adm)
We have configured Exchange auto-archiving thru GPOs and the 'outlk11.adm' template. I know the GPO is applying successfully to all workstations because in Outlook, all archive options at Tools > Options > Other > AutoArchive are all greyed out. What's odd is that no 'archive.pst' files are being created anywhere on each computer 1. What am I doing wrong? 2. Is the archive supposed to be named this way? 3. Can I change the default location of the archive? Thanks I have a rapidly filling up Exchange server and I am experiencing the same problem. Please...

connecting 5.5 to Windows 2K3 using ADC
First off, I have a PDC running Windows 2K3 Server with AD. My Exchange 5.5 Server is a member server on Windows 2K, not with AD. In order to use a new anti-spam device, I now need to use ADC to connect my 5.5 mailboxes to the respective user accounts in AD. Do I install the ADC that comes on the Windows 2K Server disks? Thanks, Roger Yes. That version won't be any good if you upgrade Exchange but it should work for you. Nue "Roger S" <rog@nunna-u.bus> wrote in message news:nKednfem4NW_7wbZnZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@centurytel.net... > First off, I have a PDC running ...

ADC #4
I'm actually in the process of installing Exchange 2003 on a new box now. I am running Exchange 2000 currently and had recently just switched to Native Mode. When I try to install Exchange 2003, I get a message telling me that the Active Directory Connector needs to be upgraded before I can install and it name the current Exchange server as the one ADC that needs to be upgraded. My question is, since I don't have any more Exchange 5.5 server, do I the ADC? If not, how do I delete it or how do I upgrade it? Thanks Kit ...

Outlook �03 ADM templates are "retrocompatible"?
I have 30 clients on a AD domain, running different versions of Outlook (i.e. 2000, 2002, 2003). I would like to configure them through a group policy, using an Outlook 2003 ADM template (Outlook 2003 resource kit). Is such a template "compatible" with precedent versions of Outlook? What will it happen to those clients running an older version of Outlook (than 2003), and applying such a policy? Do you have any experience to share? TIA, /NeXTstep If you open it in Notepad, you'll see that it refers to registry values = related to a particular version of Outlook, some...

ADC query?
Hi all, As we have migrated our Ex5.5 servers over to Ex2K we have set up ADC Connection Agreements. Each new Exchange server is added to the Exchange site containing the old server and mailboxes moved using ADU&C. These connection agreements firstly point at the original 5.5 server on port 389 and once all of the mailboxes are on the new server we change them to point at the new server on port 379. We have a slightly different situation at one of our offices in that the old servers were in a different domain that we don't intend to keep. Therefore the new server is sitting in a ne...

Two adm groups. Error c1041721. All the sore up and running
Hi, I have two administrative groups with 4 E2K in each group. The problem is I can reach all the servers in one administrative group, but no one in the other When I intent to see de storage group I receive a c1041721 error. All the IS are up and running Pls I need a little help -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Removal of ADC agreements
I'm almost ready to remove SRS. I read in the Exchange 2003 documentation, and it states to remove any recipient agreements that exist in your Exchange Organization before removing the SRS. When I triedto do this I get a window titled Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management and it has the following text in it, "This Connection Agreement (CA) is the primary CA for the connected Windows Domain. For replication to succeed, you must select a new CA to be the Primary Windows CA." It has an OK button located at the bottom of the window. In the properties of the Ac...