Address Re-writing

Hi,

I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com).  I want to have an alias
(support@domain.com) go to that user.  I added support@domain.com to the
email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine. However, when
I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was sent to
support@domain.com.  How can I stop rewriting the address or is there another
way I should be going about this?  Thanks!

Stu
0
Stu (36)

Can you share the specific reason why you want to stop the address re-write?

Nue
"Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com).  I want to have an alias
> (support@domain.com) go to that user.  I added support@domain.com to the
> email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine. However,
> when
> I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was sent
> support@domain.com.  How can I stop rewriting the address or is there
> another
> way I should be going about this?  Thanks!
>
> Stu

0
imaneophyte (3004)
8/28/2006 11:07:14 PM
How do you know it's addressed that way?  Exchange actually should have
converted it into an X.500-style address internally, not the other SMTP
address.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com).  I want to have an alias
> (support@domain.com) go to that user.  I added support@domain.com to the
> email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine. However,
> when
> I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was sent
> support@domain.com.  How can I stop rewriting the address or is there
> another
> way I should be going about this?  Thanks!
>
> Stu

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/29/2006 12:59:30 AM
Hi guys,

The reason I want to do it this way is to be able to sort based on email
address so I can dump all support mail to its own folder.  I can tell it's
addressed that way because I can send from an external account (like msn or
gmail)...one mail to support@domain.com and another separate mail (not 1
email to both addresses) to user@domain.com and then when I log in as
user@domain.com, I can see two emails both addressed to user@domain.com.  Any
thoughts on where to look to stop that?  Thanks,

Stu

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> How do you know it's addressed that way?  Exchange actually should have
> converted it into an X.500-style address internally, not the other SMTP
> address.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com).  I want to have an alias
> > (support@domain.com) go to that user.  I added support@domain.com to the
> > email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine. However,
> > when
> > I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was sent
> > support@domain.com.  How can I stop rewriting the address or is there
> > another
> > way I should be going about this?  Thanks!
> >
> > Stu

0
Stu (36)
8/29/2006 3:04:01 AM
Create two separate mailboxes, then.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hi guys,
>
> The reason I want to do it this way is to be able to sort based on email
> address so I can dump all support mail to its own folder.  I can tell it's
> addressed that way because I can send from an external account (like msn
> or
> gmail)...one mail to support@domain.com and another separate mail (not 1
> email to both addresses) to user@domain.com and then when I log in as
> user@domain.com, I can see two emails both addressed to user@domain.com.
> Any
> thoughts on where to look to stop that?  Thanks,
>
> Stu
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How do you know it's addressed that way?  Exchange actually should have
>> converted it into an X.500-style address internally, not the other SMTP
>> address.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com).  I want to have an alias
>> > (support@domain.com) go to that user.  I added support@domain.com to
>> > the
>> > email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine.
>> > However,
>> > when
>> > I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was
>> > sent
>> > support@domain.com.  How can I stop rewriting the address or is there
>> > another
>> > way I should be going about this?  Thanks!
>> >
>> > Stu

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Re-Registration Microsoft Office
We have 3 licences Microsoft Office for Mac at work. Unfortunately, I registered two macs with the same product key. I was wondering how I could re-register one of the doubles, so that our three macs all have their unique product key number. Thanks for your help See this page for instructions on how to change the CD key for an installed copy of Office: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html> On 12/29/04 9:39 AM, in article 2004122916394216807%@msnews.microsoft.com, "Larry" <Larry> wrote: > We have 3 licences Microsoft Office for Mac at work. Unfort...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

RE: Check that critical package from the MS Corp.
--wmnzhgemebki Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vkmrndrkhckopwqt"; type="multipart/alternative" --vkmrndrkhckopwqt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hbvvvkpkl" --hbvvvkpkl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Re-sizing a Dialog at run-time
Hi, I want to be able to change the size of my dialog at run-time. I go: TestDlg Dlg; Dlg.SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 0, 400, 600, SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOMOVE); Dlg.DoModal(); And it's always the same size as what the dlg is in the resource editor (not 400x600). How do i change it? I've tried using precreatewindow and altering the cs values, but still doesn't work. Try to use MoveWindow "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146379370.288943.129690@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I want to be able to change the size of my dialog at run-time...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Writing with XML Class file created using XSD.exe
Created the class file using XML.xsd from an XML file. How we set/populate the data with the class file where one of the objects is 2D. 2D object - NewOrderOrdersPaymentsPayment[][] class - NewOrderOrdersPaymentsPayment The class file is a s follow: /// <remarks/> [System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("xsd", "2.0.50727.42")] [System.SerializableAttribute()] [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()] [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")] [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(AnonymousType=true)] public partial...

re post range check
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 -- -- --- -- -- --- - -- -- 31-12-04 floor ...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C5D5BA.A8732940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-nome de sheet A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio=20 news:43539E9F.2080605@no_e-mail.com... >I am still not entirely clear about what you are trying to do, but the=20 >=3DCELL("address...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book
Hi is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book? regards gabriel The former no one would ever want. For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ggs" <truthnospam@icon.c...

ghost address or alias
Using Exchange 2003 about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox. Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael). Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael" address. Any ideas??? Tx Sean One more thing i just realised: This only occurs with calendar items (i.e appointments/invites) &qu...

Address Book Contacts Folders
Hi: I have a friend using OE6 and somehow he has contacts listed in both the Shared Contacts and Main Identity's Contacts folders. All my contacts are listed in the Main Identity's Contacts folder and I have never seen any in the Shared Contacts folder. What is the purpose of the Shared Contacts folder versus it's sub folder Main Identity's Contacts ? Also having contacts listed in both folders what would be the recommended action for him to take? I would think to place all them in the Main Identity's Contacts folder, but I want to be sure. Is thi...