Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?

I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick
bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an
address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come
in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal
boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I
heard that 2003 could do it as well....
0
voland (1)

"Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote:

>I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick
>bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an
>address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come
>in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal
>boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I
>heard that 2003 could do it as well....

Exchange 5.5 needed to do that because it couldn't assign mutiple SMTP
addresses to mailboxes without the admin visiting every mailbox and
adding the address, or by using the directory import.

Exchange 2000/2003 recipient policies can assign multiple SMTP
addresses to users so the need to reroute (and rewrite) sorta
disappeared. Using Contacts would also do the same thing.

To get the rerouting/rewriting back would probably need an event sink.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

return to Money 2003
I got a new machine with Money 2006 on it and I want to go to back to 2003 but now 2003 wont open my backup file. Is there a fix for this? Money files can't be read by an earlier version. When M2006 upgraded your 2003 file it made a copy and told you what it was called and where it put it. Look for a file ending in .m11. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/80.aspx for how to rename etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically ask...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server #2
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Free/Busy Info and OWA 2003 Issue.
Greetings! We are running Exchange 2003 Front-End, Back-End and Exchange 5.5 in a mixed mode. Exchange 5.5 does not host any mailboxes or public folders. They all were migrated to the Exch 2003 Back-End server .We are getting an issue where clients using OWA 2003 are not able to see the Free/Busy information for the other users when scheduling a meeting,however it works just fine with the old OWA 5.5 . This works also if people are using full Outlook client 2000,2003,XP - no problems with the Free/Busy time at all. Thanks in advance! Did you create a replica of the Free/Busy folde...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

% sign are blocked in exchange
Our mailserver Exchange SRVR 5.5 on WIN2K is currently on a blacklist because we allow % in our emailaddress. Can somebody advise how to solve this problem? You can execute with an open relay test program on mailserver 194.78.139.115 Thanks in advance "deme_cercle" <ternoey@gmx.de> wrote: >Our mailserver Exchange SRVR 5.5 on WIN2K is currently on a blacklist >because we allow % in our emailaddress. > >Can somebody advise how to solve this problem? > >You can execute with an open relay test program on mailserver >194.78.139.115 If you're on a b...

Outlook 2003 keep crashing !
It seems my Outlook 2003 (on Win2003 server) will crash under following conditions: 1. when I open a new Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer 2. when I copy and paste during composing an email 3. when I open a word document attachment 4. after 10 minutes or so, even there is no activity on the computer It does not always crash, but pretty often. I've run "detect and repair", installed updates from MS, same thing still happens. Does anyone has similar experience? Thanks general troubleshooting steps to be taken with outlook issues, is to : 1. run outlook in safe mode & s...

Migrate users to a new Exchange server.
We are planning to get a new exchange server (Exchange 2000) so that our office will no longer use a remote exchange server from the main office. What tools can I use once the new exchange server is running to migrate the users to the new exchange server? Thanks that depends...are you creating a new AG or installing in the same one? if it's the same AG, you can just move the mailboxes from one server to the other, if you've enough bandwidth to handle it...how many mailboxes? how large are they? "systmster" <plabonte@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZMCdne...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Exchange 2003 seems to be open relay, but is not.. Who can help me?
Hello, Today i noticed that somebody was trying to relay throught my server. Relaying is denied, that is for sure. But the ndr's are making a lot of trouble. I turned them of now, but that cannot be the correct fix, it is a work around. Server: Windows 2000 SP 4 Ok what happens, first let's look at the relay check of abuse.net: Relay test 8 >>> RSET <<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting >>> MAIL FROM:spamtest@test.com <<< 250 2.1.0 spamtest@test.com....Sender OK >>> RCPT TO:<"securitytest@abuse.net"> <<< 250 2.1.5 "securit...

Pasting from Word 2002 to Outlook 2003
How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks Ask in a Programming group for Word or Outlook for help with programming = questions. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Namgaw asked: | How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying | the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Word 2003: Hide underlying macro to unprotect document
I would like to give our clients the ability to unprotect a form should they want to modify the terms and conditions. I found this macro on a board and it works: ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="pwd" However, I don't want our clients, or our sales teams, to be able to double click and see the VB editor where the actual password is typed in. Is there a way to prevent them from doing this? Thank you. You can lock the project with a password. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "mela" <mela@discussions.micr...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&...

Exchange Services do not start after server reboot #2
Hi there, I am running Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Win2K server SP4. Recently i started facing problem of exchange services not starting automatically after a reboot. Even if i try starting manually (Exchange Directory Service) it wont unless i repair the dir.edb file. then after the repair i try to start the Information Store it comes up with errors (Event ids 1120, 5000). I tried repairing the Priv.edb & Pub.edb using esutil and all services started. I came accross this problem 3 times now and 3 time i did the same thing. I am not going to reboot my server now. Does anyone have an...

Terminal Services and Exchange
Last week I was attempting to create a new public folder tree in Exchange 2000 using terminal services on a remote server. It did not go well and I eventually deleted it until I could spend more time. I tried creating the folder under the existing default public folder tree but could not get the client permissions locked down to the user group this folder was for. I know I tried a combination of MAPI and W2K permissions on the default public folder tree. I eventually deleted this folder and tried to return the default public folder tree to it's original settings. Ever since then, when I te...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

OWA 2003 and Appointment
Dear all, With OWA 2003, when I set appointment with invitation, why is it that I could not see the free/busy info of my invitees. I can see the free/busy info using my outlook 2002. FYI, I am running Exchange 2003 in coexistance with Exchange 5.5 at the moment (mixed mode). Thanks. Regards, Kueh. ...