Address List Query to Multiple Mailstores

I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example

Storage Group 1
Faculty 1
Faculty 2

Storage Group 1
Staff 1
Staff 2

Adress List
All Faculty
All Staff

When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.

Any ideas?
0
SpaceJunk (9)

Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will look
something like this:
(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))

Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
> mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example
>
> Storage Group 1
> Faculty 1
> Faculty 2
>
> Storage Group 1
> Staff 1
> Staff 2
>
> Adress List
> All Faculty
> All Staff
>
> When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.
>
> Any ideas?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/7/2006 4:51:19 PM
Minor correction:

"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
> filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will look
> something like this:
> (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))
>
> Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
>> mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example
>>
>> Storage Group 1
>> Faculty 1
>> Faculty 2
>>
>> Storage Group 1
>> Staff 1
>> Staff 2
>>
>> Adress List
>> All Faculty
>> All Staff
>>
>> When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.
>>
>> Any ideas?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/7/2006 4:53:09 PM
This is what I am looking for, but I am missing exactly how to get there.
Here is what I am doing

Right click on Address List
Click modify
Then I am not sure hot to get where I can enter a custom query like that.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Minor correction:
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2)))
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> > Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
> > filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will look
> > something like this:
> > (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))
> >
> > Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MCSE, MCT
> > www.zenprise.com
> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >

> > "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
> >> mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Faculty 1
> >> Faculty 2
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Staff 1
> >> Staff 2
> >>
> >> Adress List
> >> All Faculty
> >> All Staff
> >>
> >> When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

0
SpaceJunk (9)
2/7/2006 5:03:28 PM
Ahh, I found it, thank you.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Minor correction:
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2)))
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> > Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
> > filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will look
> > something like this:
> > (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))
> >
> > Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MCSE, MCT
> > www.zenprise.com
> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >

> > "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
> >> mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Faculty 1
> >> Faculty 2
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Staff 1
> >> Staff 2
> >>
> >> Adress List
> >> All Faculty
> >> All Staff
> >>
> >> When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

0
SpaceJunk (9)
2/7/2006 5:06:27 PM
In my case the mail store names are "Faculty01 (SERVER)"  and the parenthesis
are throwing the query off I think

here is what will wor
(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
(Server),CN=3rd Storage
Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) )))

Now if I make it this, it does not return any results:

(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
(Server)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Minor correction:
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2)))
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> > Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
> > filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will look
> > something like this:
> > (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))
> >
> > Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
> > --
> > Bharat Suneja
> > MCSE, MCT
> > www.zenprise.com
> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >

> > "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to populate an Address List so that it looks at more than one
> >> mailbox store, but NOT the entire server.  Example
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Faculty 1
> >> Faculty 2
> >>
> >> Storage Group 1
> >> Staff 1
> >> Staff 2
> >>
> >> Adress List
> >> All Faculty
> >> All Staff
> >>
> >> When creating the query, I only see a way to add one mailbox store.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

0
SpaceJunk (9)
2/7/2006 5:21:26 PM
Try this:
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)

(|(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01 (Server),CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)

(homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)))

You were only using the CN for the first MDB - needs to be a
distinguishedName just like the second one.

Check for spaces before/after the (Server) part in the homeMDB name.

Easiest to simply get the distinguishedName of each Store from ADSIEdit and
paste it in notepad.
--

> In my case the mail store names are "Faculty01 (SERVER)"  and the
> parenthesis
> are throwing the query off I think
>
> here is what will work
> (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
> (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
>
> Now if I make it this, it does not return any results:

> (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
> (Server)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Minor correction:
>> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2)))
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> > Use Custom Search from the Advanced tab if you're comfortable with ldap
>> > filters - you will be able to use multiple mailbox stores. Query will
>> > look
>> > something like this:
>> > (objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2))
>> >
>> > Replace blah with the distinguishedName of the Exchange mailbox stores.
>> > --
>> > Bharat Suneja
>> > MCSE, MCT
>> > www.zenprise.com
>> > blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>> > -----------------------------------------
>> >

>> > "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/7/2006 5:42:29 PM
There must be a 440 character limit, it will not let me paste in what I need,
unless I trim it down to 440 or below

???

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Try this:
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)
>
> (|(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01 (Server),CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)
>
> (homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)))
>

> You were only using the CN for the first MDB - needs to be a
> distinguishedName just like the second one.
>
> Check for spaces before/after the (Server) part in the homeMDB name.
>
> Easiest to simply get the distinguishedName of each Store from ADSIEdit and
> paste it in notepad.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In my case the mail store names are "Faculty01 (SERVER)"  and the
> > parenthesis
> > are throwing the query off I think
> >
> > here is what will work
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> > (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
> > (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> > Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> > Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Now if I make it this, it does not return any results:
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> > (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
> > (Server)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> > Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> > Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> Minor correction:
> >> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=blah)(homeMDB=blah2)))
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >>

> >> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message

0
SpaceJunk (9)
2/7/2006 6:10:27 PM
Try pasting using ADSIEdit - locate the Address List's purportedSearch
attribute.

--

> There must be a 440 character limit, it will not let me paste in what I
> need,
> unless I trim it down to 440 or below
>
> ???
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)
>>
>> (|(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01 (Server),CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
>> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
>> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)
>>
>> (homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
>> Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
>> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
>> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)))
>>

>> You were only using the CN for the first MDB - needs to be a
>> distinguishedName just like the second one.
>>
>> Check for spaces before/after the (Server) part in the homeMDB name.
>>
>> Easiest to simply get the distinguishedName of each Store from ADSIEdit
>> and
>> paste it in notepad.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In my case the mail store names are "Faculty01 (SERVER)"  and the
>> > parenthesis
>> > are throwing the query off I think
>> >
>> > here is what will work
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
>> > (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
>> > (Server),CN=3rd Storage
>> > Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
>> > Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
>> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > Now if I make it this, it does not return any results:
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
>> > (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01
>> > (Server)(homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
>> > Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
>> > Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
>> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)) ))))
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/7/2006 6:26:32 PM
I got it by taking the blank line in between, however, it will return nothing
when I am using both mail stores in the query.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Try pasting using ADSIEdit - locate the Address List's purportedSearch
> attribute.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There must be a 440 character limit, it will not let me paste in what I
> > need,
> > unless I trim it down to 440 or below
> >
> > ???
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> Try this:
> >> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)
> >>
> >> (|(homeMDB=CN=Faculty01 (Server),CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> >> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> >> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)
> >>
> >> (homeMDB=CN=Faculty02 (Server),CN=3rd Storage
> >> Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=Server,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
> >> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=CompanyName,CN=Microsoft
> >> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=companyname,DC=com)))
> >>

> >> You were only using the CN for the first MDB - needs to be a
> >> distinguishedName just like the second one.
> >>
> >> Check for spaces before/after the (Server) part in the homeMDB name.
> >>
> >> Easiest to simply get the distinguishedName of each Store from ADSIEdit
> >> and
> >> paste it in notepad.
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >>

> >> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SpaceJunk (9)
2/7/2006 7:46:03 PM
Make sure you have the distinguishedName of each MDB (Store) pasted
correctly.

I just tried it on a test environment and it works - here's my exact filter
with servername, Org name and Domain Name changed:
(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(|(homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store
(SERVER1),CN=First Storage
Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER1,CN=Servers,CN=Corp Administrative
Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=OrgNameHere,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DomainName,DC=com)(homeMDB=CN=Mailbox
Store (SERVER2),CN=First Storage
Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER2,CN=Servers,CN=Corp Administrative

>I got it by taking the blank line in between, however, it will return
>nothing
> when I am using both mail stores in the query.
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Try pasting using ADSIEdit - locate the Address List's purportedSearch
>> attribute.
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Space Junk" <SpaceJunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > There must be a 440 character limit, it will not let me paste in what I
>> > need,
>> > unless I trim it down to 440 or below
>> >
>> > ???

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

From Access Query to Excel and Open the File
Originally I posted this in the Access Forum and was told doing it this way will not work. Does anyone on this side know how to do this?? See Original Post below: Thanks, Hans I have imported the query into Excel and able to save it, but I have people that complained about having to find the file somewhere.... How would I run this query and NOT save to My Documents, but create a new Excel file and just open it, leaving the save option to the user? Also, can you do Excel cell formatting inside the VBA/Access code? DoCmd.OpenQuery "ISS Open Position Query", acViewNormal, acEdit ...

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Use query for Row Source?
I attempted to use a combo-box to look-up records on a form. The RowSource query that is generated by the wizard included 2 data fields. I wanted to show only a distinct list of the second, non-key data element (col1). When I changed the RowSource query to SELECT distinct Col1, the combo-box displays nothing. I then created a stored query with the SELECT distinct Col1. They query runs correctly, but when I put in in the RowSource, it displays nothing. Any clue what I could be doing wrong? On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:17:03 -0700, JHC wrote: > I attempted to use a combo-box to look-u...

Transferring address book to my laptop
What is the easiest way to transfer my address book entries from Outlook 2000 on my desktop to Outlook 2000 on my laptop? Thanks in advance. Paul R. P Renfree <prenfree@hotmail.com> wrote: > What is the easiest way to transfer my address book entries from > Outlook 2000 on my desktop to Outlook 2000 on my laptop? Copy the PST on the desktop to the laptop. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Brian Tillman Thanks a lot Brian Looks a bit complicated so I will try it later when I get more time. Paul R. "Bri...

how to detect item selected from List Control?
Hi I'm trying to detect the index of the item selected from a list control when a user hits the up or down arrows from the keyboard. So I made a call to list.GetSelectionMark() in the List control's event LVN_KEYDOWN, however this always results in the call to GetSelectionMark returning the index of the item selected before the arrow key was hit any ideas of how to get the item selected after the arrow key has been hit, or a better event to detect a change in item selected? Thanks ahead of time. How about LVN_ITEMCHANGED notification message? Ali R. "Mark" <anonymou...

need query results showing Table 1 records both w/ and w/o matches in Table 2.
I am trying to write a query in Access 2000 and would appreciate some guidance as to how this should be approached. I am at a very basic skill level. My goal is to create a query that determines what type and size of packaging should be used depending on the mix of products purchased. We know that if 3 products from category X and 7 from category Y are purchased then 'the medium corrugated box' should be used (and we have reduced this to a grid), but we would like the process automated so that a simple list can be printed. Simplified (but hopefully adequate): I have 2 tables (Tb1...

unintentionally sending multiple copies
A friend asked me the following - any suggestions appreciated (he's using Outlook, not express) "Often when we send emails with attachments, the message gets stuck in the outbox and sends multiple times (until we physically delete it from the outbox). It seems to happen when the attachment is > 1MB. Do you know what causes this?" Tal <goer2u4@hotmail.com> wrote: > A friend asked me the following - any suggestions appreciated (he's > using Outlook, not express) > > "Often when we send emails with attachments, the message gets stuck > in t...

List boxes in excel forms
Can someone please tell me how to enter values in an excel drop down list box? I am not an advanced user and am really struggling! Thanks Hi Liz! Two ways: Select the cell where you want the list box to be Data > Validation > Allow Select List Type in the list separated by commas. Type in your list in a range of cells Select the cell where you want the list box to be Data > Validation > List Type in the reference to your range of cells. If the range is not on the same sheet, you need to name it and refer to it by name. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Austral...

extract multiple numbers from string
Hi, How can I extract multiple numbers from a single text field where multiple numbers are separated by a comma? Each record looks something like this:(NumField1) [78115, 98112, 98991] OR (NumField2) [26775,18667]. I want to associate each extracted number from within brackets with another number from same record (in parens) and append pair to a table. Thanks for any help. Try using the Split function. Dim varValues As Variant varValues = Split(NumField1) will create an array where varValues(0) will be 78115, varValues(1) will be 98112 and varValues(2) will be 98991 for t...

Querying a dataset filled from XML file
I have a simple application that uses an XML file to store it's data. That means I don't have a seperate database. In order to read the data I created a DataSet that reads my XML file with the .ReadXml() method. 1. I want to manipulate the resulting dataset, preferably with SQL queries. But the documentation states that I need to have a data connection to do this. But if I am only using an XML file, how do I do this without a data connection? 2. When I fill the dataset I have no trouble reading the column names, but how do I read the attributes? For instance, this is a portion...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

Cant Change AutoCorrect List
I am using Office 2007 B2 TR, and I have found a problem with the AutoCorrect functionality. I removed some entries from the autocorrect list (the wingding smilies specifically), but it doesn't actually remove them. Every time I go back and write a new email, they are back. I have tried through the message options, through the general outlook options, and through the autocorrect smart-tag options. No matter how I try to get rid of those autocorrect entries, they keep coming back. Is there some magical way to get rid of them, or is this just a bug in the TR? Thanks in advance, - Art...

Multiple wait conditions within different stages of sales process
It would be helpful to create one or more wait conditions within a sales stage where there are multiple activities that are dependent on predecessor activiites in that state. For example, consider these activities as part of the Education phase of the sales cycle: 1. Task: Confirm desire to receive information packet 2. Letter: Send information packet to prospect (due 3 days after #1 completed) 3. Phone Call: Follow up to confirm receipt (due 7 days after #2 completed) 4. Email Template: Email to introduce next step (sent 1 day after #3 completed) Currently you can only set up a single ...

Configuring the reply address used by Outlook?
I use a spam-filtering service that collects three of my email accounts onto its server, from which Outlook downloads email to my PC. The messages in Outlook retain the "To" address they were originally sent to (one of my three email addresses). But, because they're now being downloaded from a single account, when I reply to a message addressed to "brett2@isp.com" or "brett3@isp.com", Outlook sends the reply from the account "brett1@isp.com", which is the account I used to set up the spam-filter service. In other words, Outlook isn'...

Query to return a module
Hello, I have inherited a database which contains complex calculations that are done in 'modules'. They are all under one function called 'returncost'. I would like to display this field on my query but do not how to do this. Can anyone help, please? Thanks, Johanna On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:03:00 -0800, Johanna Gronlund <JohannaGronlund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have inherited a database which contains complex calculations that are >done in 'modules'. They are all under one function called 'returncost'. I >would ...

Can I export a contact list to excel?
I'm using Office 2007 and would like to use the same list in excel for tracking responses. Thanks! I should add that I want to export a specific group/distribution list. I tried the export function but it didn't do the distribution list. Thanks "NicoleS" wrote: > I'm using Office 2007 and would like to use the same list in excel for > tracking responses. > > Thanks! "NicoleS" <NicoleS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E045A27D-E891-43AE-94D7-211A93A4F73F@microsoft.com... > I should add that I want t...

Mailing List for Outlook 2003
Hi there I would like to create a mailing list with OL 2003 for friends and family. I understand this is called a 'distribution list' within OL - Does it suppose MACROs where I can 'personalise' the email message with say, the persons first name etc.? Or can someone suggest an 'add-on'... Thanks, Glen. See if any of the tools here help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm "GC" <mail@mailxtra.co.uk> wrote in message news:65ksj15poi24no3d6sl3m1950a8tmfp0fj@4ax.com... > Hi there > > I would like to create a mailing list with OL 2003 f...

Can you inquire on vendor addresses?
Is there any way to set up a user to inquire on the various vendor address records we have set up? When you go to the vendor inquiry screen, you can only look at the Primary address. I have some users who need to view the info in the other address codes, but they can't have the ability to change the info. -- Bud Cool Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Specialist, GP 9.0 Financials Currently supporting: GP 9.0, SP2 Why not use SmartLists for this? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com &q...

Smartlist defaults to list and crashes
We have one user that has an annoying issue with Smartlist. Almost everytime she opens Smartlist, it automatically highlights one list heading (3rd party product) and becomes stuck on this list. After this happens, she can not do anything else in GP and must restart. The odd time it lets her select another heading and make a Smartlist report, but in the past week she has spent a lot of time restarting her computer. Anybody know why this is happening and what we can do to resolve it? We use GP8. Thanks, Janice ...

Help with a formula (Multiple lines to sum and return if)
Hello, Thank you in advance for the help. One sheet one I would like to return the sum of data from sheet two if the salesperson name matches. Here are the details: Sheet 1 In column A I have the names of sales people (listed by row) - header is "Name" In column B I have cells available to total the sales people numbers by month Sheet 2 In column A, the sales people are listed many times In column B, lists the Account name (not important for this help) In column C, is the total sold to that customer Now in the B column, I would like to match the name of the ...

LOOK UP ITEM IN A LIST
I need to use a form to enter an item code and write a small function to return a Boolean value which tells if the item code exists on a list. I think the function should be called on the 'exit' event of the text box but I can't find a proper function to accomplish the job. I tried the 'find' method but it returns a range instead of a Boolean value. Can anyone help me. Thanks. ...

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers
None of the installed physical printers will show up in Publisher 2003 on this lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this an...

Moving Workbook linked to ODBC query
Dear All I am using office 97 I warn you I have a Access Database which links via an ODBC query to our mainframe database. Now I have an Excel spreadsheet which runs querys into my Access Database to retrieve the required information and place into the worksheet This is brilliant BUT I now want to put this spreadsheet onto our shared network drive so that other users can access the spreadsheet and update it to their hearts content When I send this spreadsheet to other users they cannot update it, how can I have this spreadsheet on the network drive so it can update Many Thank Adam ...

Converting contact folder to address book
I'm using Outlook 2003 and win XP. Is there a way to export my Outlook contacts to a personal address book? I'd like to copy the address book to a laptop computer running Vista where I don't want to install Outlook. You'll need to export it in CSV format and import it into the Windows Address book on Vista (not the Personal Address Book). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookti...

Managing Lists #2
Thanks for your help guys. For future reference i applied the firs solution and it worked perfectly. Many thank -- iwilki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- iwilkin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27526 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for the feedback (from us) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "iwilkin" <iwilkin.1f8sda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...