Additional Exchange Email Domain

Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange.
I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have
told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I
have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back
messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay?

Thanks!

0
Slim (23)

Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this
address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy?  You will
also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient
policy properties.

Will
http://www.exchange-forums.com

"Slim" <Slim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange.
> I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have
> told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this
> all I
> have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back
> messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay?
>
> Thanks!

0
Will

Backup Exchange IS
Hello, when I�m backup my exchange 2003 information store (with BE11d) I get the following error message: 546 The log file sector size does not match the sector size of the current volumn. Is the ese log buffer size meant in this error? Is it possible to change this size? Is the current volume in the message the Backup to Disk folder or my volume with the IS? Thanks for Help Hans This is an Exchange backup, i.e., you're backing up the Information Store and not individual files, correct? See if you can back it up with NTBACKUP. If that's successful, then you might bring...

Marketing Emails
Hi, I have created a campaign with a Marketing List attached. Afterwards the Emails is listet under Email messages created. But my problem is that I have to send them separately - Problem because there is 2000 receipts. Can I do this smarter? // Morten Hi Morten, here is a nice workaround for your problem from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911520/en-us Benjamin <superbruhn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1163598149.872824.97980@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have created a campaign with a Marketing List attached. > > Afterwards ...

Exchange service hanging
Hi all, I 'am running Exchage server 2000 with all the latest patch applied , But of recent times i'am facing a strange problem. At around 2 am in the night i suddenly see that all the services of my exchange server does not respond and all the mails get queued up. This continues for around 1/2 an hour .During this period i also see that the network link from the MSG server to the network HUB is fully utilized. I;am not ablr to login to the server using terminal serices nor from the console .the problem automatically disappears after somtime . can anybody help me out. On 2...

"Last Logged on by" Exchange 2003 Mailbox logging....
Does anyone know a way of logging all "Last Logged on by" activity, on a specific mailbox? I know who has what rights to what mailboxes, the only issue is how often someone is logging onto or viewing a specific mailbox? More details the better really, and is there any third party software that may help? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance On 22 Mar 2007 06:25:43 -0700, "Dagstar" <davidjhannigan@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know a way of logging all "Last Logged on by" activity, on >a specific mailbox? > >I know who has what ...

Can receive emails but not send them
We have recently changed broadband from tiscali to sky, we have a tiscali email address. I can receive emails but when I try and send an email I get the following error message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: Under Water Photo Shoot', Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I have read some of the other comme...

Microsoft Exchange Information Store on E2k7 passive node
Greetings, We have 4 Exchange 2007 CCR clusters in our environment. The service startup type for the Microsoft Exchange Information Store has automatically been set to "Manual" - we know this is ok. We now see that the service is started on 2 of our passive nodes & stopped on the 2 other passive nodes. Should this service be started or stopped on the passive node? Would greatly appreciate if somebody could point me to a MS article for this... Thanks! Is it causing you any problems? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to ...

Email merge: attachment?
I'm trying to send an email merge with two attached documents from Outlook xp. I can't figure out how to attach the documents - is it possible? Not possible. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00af01c3b30c$8421c150$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send an email merge with two attached > documents from Outlook xp. I can't figure out how to > attach the documents - is it possible? ...

Urgent Help! Internal email not been routed to a queue
Hi All I am haveing a problem at one of our clients. External emails route 100% to a queue setup in Microsoft CRM 4.0. However, emails sent from internal do not reach the queue. They end up in the mailbox for the queue but never make it down to CRM. I have changed and messed around with all the settings I can think of, such as changing the configuration of the router, changing the way emails are sent and received etc. Has anyone come across this before and know how to fix this? Thanks in advance! Kuven ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folders
Hi, We are using the Outlook 2003 client for HTTP access to Exchange 2003. The problem is mapping to the Exchange 2003 Public Folder servers in the organization. For some reason it tries to connect to the Exchange 2000 Public Folder servers which can't publish via HTTP. Is there a way to force which Public Folder servers are used. By default the Exchange 2003 servers use themselves as their Public Folder servers and have all content replicated to them for the organization. TIA ...

securing exchange
Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my mail server by having the Server Certificate install on IIS that provide the connection to exchange. I have set this up via IIS Web Server -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate. I have checked on Require Secure Channel (SSL) and also checked on Require 128-bit encrytion. When i try to connect to the site (http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange) it require that i change it to https. After changing http -> https i'm not able to get connect to exchange at all. Any help would be great! Thanks Thanks for replying Chad. I can't seem to f...

Forwarding mail from exchange to Unix
Thanks for the help. Still trying to forward mail from Exchange to Unix mail server. I was given information to go to properties of the default SMTP serve, Message tab, Forward all mail with Unresolved Recipients to Host Field. If for example my Unix mail server is called "mail". What do I put in the "exchange unresolved recipients to host field. Thanks. Just put it's IP address there. Earl wrote: > Thanks for the help. Still trying to forward mail from > Exchange to Unix mail server. I was given information to > go to properties of the default SMTP ...

Urgent help required please
Hi there, We are running Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on W2K boxes across 12 servers We have a situation where an event has been logged as follows : -MSExchangeIS Private ID 1016 NT User User1 logged on to CEO mailbox, and is not the primary Window NT account on this mailbox.- This user has now been suspended pending investigation, but when hi workstation and Outlook client has been checked, there are n references to this mailbox. However, when we log on to the user' mailbox, another 1016 event is generated. The user does have othe mailboxes in his profile, but not the CEO mailbox. Does a...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Getting email into address book
I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, but I have 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, but How to I get them into the address Book...automatically. On 10/18/03 02:45 PM, in article BBB702A6.36E%loey@loeyart.com, "loey@loeyart.com" <loey@loeyart.com> wrote: > I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, The is the most recently used. More info on MRU: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#anchor-10> >but I have > 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, b...

Exchange CRM database
Hi, I have an Small Business 2003 Prof. Environment with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0 installed. Now i want to install a fresh and new Small Business 2003 Environment on different Hardware. My question is: can i exchange only the crm database after all are installed. Or must i do something else to have all data from old environment to the new one? I wanted to do the following: Detach database on SQL 2005 and overwite it with database from first env. and attach it again. Thanks for any Tipp. Regards, PIT On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:32:01 -0700, PIT <PIT@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >Hi, >...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

Avoiding emails linked automatically to account based on email address
Hi all, When we track an email, we specifically link it to an account by clicking the Regarding button. However, sometimes other accounts have contacts with the same email address as the sender. (This is in the case where a contact is employed by multiple accounts.) As a result, the email is filed in history in multiple places: - Under the account which was explicitly specified in the Regarding button. - But also under contacts with the same email address, even though they belong to other accounts. I know that CRM "smart" links emails to entities based on email addresses but in th...

Exchange Admin #2
What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to be able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup Software to work. Thanks. Hi read this article http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.htm Nebojsa Seslija "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235A3I7$aFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to > be > able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup > Software > to w...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Exchange 2000 Database to Exchange 2003
We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controllers) Windows 2003 OS, with Exchange 2003. Would it be possible to move the exchange 2000 database to the 2003 environment? Exchange 2000 isn't supported running on Windows Server 2003, howerver Exchange 2000 can exist in a 2003 AD Domain. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are >creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controlle...

Errors in Exchange ... pls help
We have installed MSCRM version 1.2 on a test server with Win2000 Advanced and Exchange 2003 in another test server with Win2003. The product has been working like a charm with two exceptions. We are receiving a 'warning' followed by an 'error' in the Exchange Application Log when we send internal emails trough CRM we haven't test it with external because our test environment is not prepared for that. The first warning is; Event Type: Warning Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5902 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 10:49:01 AM User: N/A Compu...

Unable to Reply or Forward Emails in Outlook 2003
I am receiving the following error when trying to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." When the reply messaged pops up, the from field appears (which it normally does not do, unless selected from the view menu) with my name as the value. If I try to send, I get the error above. If I delete the value (my name) in the from field, it sends without a problem. This is very frustrating as I am the only user. I do not have this problem on other computers nor do I receive the error on OWA. It seem...

Distribution list In Exchange limitation.
I have trouble to make Distribution list with Exchange. I cant add ALL my people. Is there a limitation whit this feature? Is there a way to do a Distribution list whit any number of people in it? Thanks, (steve.poirier@transcontinental.ca) ...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...