Additional Exchange 2003 Server #2

We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I
have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move over
1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send
email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B.

Server A is the first server that we are replacing
Server B is the replacement server.

Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is
working correctly and so far i have to say it is not.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem?

Error messages in Outlook? in App Event log? Have you joined B to
existing org?

Rob Rudisill wrote:
> We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I
> have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move over
> 1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send
> email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B.
>
> Server A is the first server that we are replacing
> Server B is the replacement server.
>
> Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is
> working correctly and so far i have to say it is not.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem?

0
kpalagin (1838)
2/22/2006 9:00:12 PM
- Can server B resolve fqdn of server A and also of the GCs/DCs?
- Can server B access GCs/DCs?
- Does server B have smtp connectivity to server A?

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Rob Rudisill" <RobRudisill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I
> have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move
> over
> 1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send
> email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B.
>
> Server A is the first server that we are replacing
> Server B is the replacement server.
>
> Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is
> working correctly and so far i have to say it is not.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
2/22/2006 9:01:43 PM
Have you configured a smart host on the SMTP virtuel server?

If yes you must create a SMTP connector and move the smart host to this
connector.

Leif

"Rob Rudisill" <RobRudisill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are in the process of moving exchange 2003 server to another server. I
> have brought the 2d server online and have began testing it. I have move
> over
> 1 mailbox to test the connection between the 2 servers. I cannot get send
> email from server B to server A but I can send email to Server A from B.
>
> Server A is the first server that we are replacing
> Server B is the replacement server.
>
> Before i can start this transition, i have to make sure that server B is
> working correctly and so far i have to say it is not.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to correct this problem?

Backup Exchange IS
Hello, when I�m backup my exchange 2003 information store (with BE11d) I get the following error message: 546 The log file sector size does not match the sector size of the current volumn. Is the ese log buffer size meant in this error? Is it possible to change this size? Is the current volume in the message the Backup to Disk folder or my volume with the IS? Thanks for Help Hans This is an Exchange backup, i.e., you're backing up the Information Store and not individual files, correct? See if you can back it up with NTBACKUP. If that's successful, then you might bring...

Exchange service hanging
Hi all, I 'am running Exchage server 2000 with all the latest patch applied , But of recent times i'am facing a strange problem. At around 2 am in the night i suddenly see that all the services of my exchange server does not respond and all the mails get queued up. This continues for around 1/2 an hour .During this period i also see that the network link from the MSG server to the network HUB is fully utilized. I;am not ablr to login to the server using terminal serices nor from the console .the problem automatically disappears after somtime . can anybody help me out. On 2...

How can I format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 d.
Hi, Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations up or down while the acounts package does. I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate to 2 decimal places. Thanks, Phill. You can check the Precision as displayed ch...

"Last Logged on by" Exchange 2003 Mailbox logging....
Does anyone know a way of logging all "Last Logged on by" activity, on a specific mailbox? I know who has what rights to what mailboxes, the only issue is how often someone is logging onto or viewing a specific mailbox? More details the better really, and is there any third party software that may help? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance On 22 Mar 2007 06:25:43 -0700, "Dagstar" <davidjhannigan@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know a way of logging all "Last Logged on by" activity, on >a specific mailbox? > >I know who has what ...

Outlook 2003--incoming mail going to Delete Folder
I can't figure out why, but a substantial amount of my email is going to the Delete Folder. What should I do to fix it? I do have some junk filters and some Rules that delete based on content. Dave If you turn off those rules do things work as expected? "geezaflip" <geezaflip@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ulg$xI1zFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I can't figure out why, but a substantial amount of my email is going to >the Delete Folder. What should I do to fix it? I do have some junk >filters and some Rules that delete based on content. ...

Office 2008 Setup Assistant still at 12.2.0 after 12.2.1 update
All, Following what appeared to be a successful update to v.12.2.1 (I downloaded the installer rather than use the autoupdater) I noticed that version number for Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.app is still 12.2.0 (090605) although it does appeared that the modified date was at the time that I did the upgrade. Anyone get the same or know why Setup Assistant wasn't updated? Thanks - J. On 8/19/09 3:35 PM, in article 2009081923355116807-jonplsremove@sturtridgecom, "Jonathan Sturtridge" <jon_plsremove@sturtridge.com> wrote: > Following what appeared to be a succe...

Microsoft Exchange Information Store on E2k7 passive node
Greetings, We have 4 Exchange 2007 CCR clusters in our environment. The service startup type for the Microsoft Exchange Information Store has automatically been set to "Manual" - we know this is ok. We now see that the service is started on 2 of our passive nodes & stopped on the 2 other passive nodes. Should this service be started or stopped on the passive node? Would greatly appreciate if somebody could point me to a MS article for this... Thanks! Is it causing you any problems? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folders
Hi, We are using the Outlook 2003 client for HTTP access to Exchange 2003. The problem is mapping to the Exchange 2003 Public Folder servers in the organization. For some reason it tries to connect to the Exchange 2000 Public Folder servers which can't publish via HTTP. Is there a way to force which Public Folder servers are used. By default the Exchange 2003 servers use themselves as their Public Folder servers and have all content replicated to them for the organization. TIA ...

securing exchange
Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my mail server by having the Server Certificate install on IIS that provide the connection to exchange. I have set this up via IIS Web Server -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate. I have checked on Require Secure Channel (SSL) and also checked on Require 128-bit encrytion. When i try to connect to the site (http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange) it require that i change it to https. After changing http -> https i'm not able to get connect to exchange at all. Any help would be great! Thanks Thanks for replying Chad. I can't seem to f...

Forwarding mail from exchange to Unix
Thanks for the help. Still trying to forward mail from Exchange to Unix mail server. I was given information to go to properties of the default SMTP serve, Message tab, Forward all mail with Unresolved Recipients to Host Field. If for example my Unix mail server is called "mail". What do I put in the "exchange unresolved recipients to host field. Thanks. Just put it's IP address there. Earl wrote: > Thanks for the help. Still trying to forward mail from > Exchange to Unix mail server. I was given information to > go to properties of the default SMTP ...

CListView icons in *reverse* order with XP commctrl 6??? #2
hi there i have a CListView derived window in my app, which i have set to Icon Mode, and i sort my items alphabetically now it all works fine, except when i include the manifest for using the XP commctrl6 lib, this listview displays the icons in *revrese* alphabetical order, and, now this is the crazy bit, they are displayed from the bottom up!!!! ie, if without the manifest they are displayed as: iconA iconB iconC iconD iconE iconF iconG then they are displayed with the manifest as: iconG iconD iconE iconF iconA iconB iconC *and*, they are placed from the *bottom* of the view window u...

Delay in Outlook 2003 via RDP since IE8 installed
Hi, I’ am struggling with the following problem. Infrastructure: terminal server, W2K3 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2, IE8 rdp device: thin client, Windows XP embedded, RDP 6.0 problem: Opening a html e-mail and trying to forward or answer it ends in an “input-delay” no matter the input is done by mouse or keyboard. But if I take control of the “delayed” user session from a full XP client the session works proper! So there is no real delay on the terminal server moreover in data transfer between terminal server and XPe client. further details: The problem does NOT occur when fo...

Urgent help required please
Hi there, We are running Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on W2K boxes across 12 servers We have a situation where an event has been logged as follows : -MSExchangeIS Private ID 1016 NT User User1 logged on to CEO mailbox, and is not the primary Window NT account on this mailbox.- This user has now been suspended pending investigation, but when hi workstation and Outlook client has been checked, there are n references to this mailbox. However, when we log on to the user' mailbox, another 1016 event is generated. The user does have othe mailboxes in his profile, but not the CEO mailbox. Does a...

VBA Concatenate #2
Hi, I'm having problems with concatenating string variables together. This code works: Dim text As String Dim front As String Dim middle As String Dim back As String Dim formula As Variant text = Mid(ActiveCell.formula, 2) front = "=IF(ISERROR(" & text middle = "),'N/A'," & text back = ")" But, this piece does NOT work: formula = front& middle & back I get an compiling error expecting an end of a statement. Any thoughts? Thanks ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Busines...

Outlook 2003 #120
I can't forward messages to the senders using outlook 2003. What gives? Dansan Gee, don't know. Why can't you forward messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dansan asked: | I can't forward messages to the senders using outlook 2003. What | gives?? Dansan ...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Exchange CRM database
Hi, I have an Small Business 2003 Prof. Environment with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0 installed. Now i want to install a fresh and new Small Business 2003 Environment on different Hardware. My question is: can i exchange only the crm database after all are installed. Or must i do something else to have all data from old environment to the new one? I wanted to do the following: Detach database on SQL 2005 and overwite it with database from first env. and attach it again. Thanks for any Tipp. Regards, PIT On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:32:01 -0700, PIT <PIT@newsgroup.nospam> wrote: >Hi, >...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

Exchange Admin #2
What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to be able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup Software to work. Thanks. Hi read this article http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.htm Nebojsa Seslija "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235A3I7$aFHA.3400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What permissions do I need to give to a account/mailbox in AD/Exchange to > be > able to read all the mailboxes in my ORG, I need this for my backup > Software > to w...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Exchange 2000 Database to Exchange 2003
We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controllers) Windows 2003 OS, with Exchange 2003. Would it be possible to move the exchange 2000 database to the 2003 environment? Exchange 2000 isn't supported running on Windows Server 2003, howerver Exchange 2000 can exist in a 2003 AD Domain. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are >creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controlle...

Login failed on local SQL server
Hi all I've got a SQl server instance on my local pc which I use for development before transferring to test/production servers. I have full administrative rights. I've been using it for about a year with no problems until yesterday. I tried opening SQL server management studio and got the message "Login failed for user 'myid'". I've checked my event viewer from Control Panel | Administrative Tools and there's not much further information other than Event ID 18456, Ctegory 4. I've googled and the only help out there indicates that the err...

Distribution list In Exchange limitation.
I have trouble to make Distribution list with Exchange. I cant add ALL my people. Is there a limitation whit this feature? Is there a way to do a Distribution list whit any number of people in it? Thanks, (steve.poirier@transcontinental.ca) ...

Unable to Reply or Forward Emails in Outlook 2003
I am receiving the following error when trying to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." When the reply messaged pops up, the from field appears (which it normally does not do, unless selected from the view menu) with my name as the value. If I try to send, I get the error above. If I delete the value (my name) in the from field, it sends without a problem. This is very frustrating as I am the only user. I do not have this problem on other computers nor do I receive the error on OWA. It seem...