Additional email addresses #2

Hi all,

I'm really new to Exchange and i havce given a user 2 smtp email addresses.
However in the contacts section of outlook under email addresses the user
still only has the one. I've followed the manual but not sure if i have
missed anything. Help...

Is Outlook in cached mode?  Four things have to happen--and in this
order--before recipients show up in the GAL in Outlook 2003 with cached
mode:
1. The object or change must replicate to the domain controller the RUS
uses.

2. The RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes.

3. The offline address book must be generated. This is a scheduled activity.

4. Outlook 2003 must synchronize itself with the offline address book. This
is directed by Outlook.

--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"David Cooper" <DavidCooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm really new to Exchange and i havce given a user 2 smtp email
> addresses.
> However in the contacts section of outlook under email addresses the user
> still only has the one. I've followed the manual but not sure if i have
> missed anything. Help...

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/16/2007 6:52:40 PM
Are you adding additional users for only one user or all users.

If you are adding to all users you should use the receiptant update to add
the additional email address.

If you are adding only one then you can use ADUC to add the additional email
address

"David Cooper" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm really new to Exchange and i havce given a user 2 smtp email addresses.
> However in the contacts section of outlook under email addresses the user
> still only has the one. I've followed the manual but not sure if i have
> missed anything. Help...
0
Jude (110)

VBA Concatenate #2
Hi, I'm having problems with concatenating string variables together. This code works: Dim text As String Dim front As String Dim middle As String Dim back As String Dim formula As Variant text = Mid(ActiveCell.formula, 2) front = "=IF(ISERROR(" & text middle = "),'N/A'," & text back = ")" But, this piece does NOT work: formula = front& middle & back I get an compiling error expecting an end of a statement. Any thoughts? Thanks ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Busines...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

How to make return address labels in Publisher?
Can you do the title above in Publisher? Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you interested in? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DBCD56-027A-406F-B9D1-3EF45B8E33C0@microsoft.com... > Can you do the title above in Publisher? Thank you. I use the 2.5" x 1" size. it is a standard Avery Label size. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you > interested in? > > > -- > Don > Van...

Getting email into address book
I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, but I have 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, but How to I get them into the address Book...automatically. On 10/18/03 02:45 PM, in article BBB702A6.36E%loey@loeyart.com, "loey@loeyart.com" <loey@loeyart.com> wrote: > I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, The is the most recently used. More info on MRU: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#anchor-10> >but I have > 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, b...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

email as attachment
How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to another email? if you have outlook 2007, on the menu, attach item "DeanV" wrote: > How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to another > email? "DeanV" <DeanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC9F4D4-1530-425C-96B9-47F2FB224885@microsoft.com... > How can I attach an email (with subsequent file attachment or not) to > another > email? Open the new message, then click and drag the old message to the new one to attach ...

NATURIST #2
http://carsmodifications.blogspot.com http://naturismeurope.blogspot.com http://computerconstruction.blogspot.com http://scoutingguiding.blogspot.com http://britishwaterways.blogspot.com http://ukfinanceissues.blogspot.com ...

Maximum practical Outlook 2007 .pst file size #2
I would like to ask basically the same question as recent post except I am curious more about 2007. I too have seen pc's drag down with larger pst files. The user I have currently has 8Gb in a single local pst file and the pc is unreasonably slow. It's a very new machine so it shouldn't be cluttered up with other stuff... But acting slower that slower pcs. ps Sorry if this is a repost, I have it in my sent box but I dont see it on the server. Not sure about 2007, we are using 2003 and we like to keep it below 2gb in size after that you have to create a new psd file. We h...

Avoiding emails linked automatically to account based on email address
Hi all, When we track an email, we specifically link it to an account by clicking the Regarding button. However, sometimes other accounts have contacts with the same email address as the sender. (This is in the case where a contact is employed by multiple accounts.) As a result, the email is filed in history in multiple places: - Under the account which was explicitly specified in the Regarding button. - But also under contacts with the same email address, even though they belong to other accounts. I know that CRM "smart" links emails to entities based on email addresses but in th...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...

How do I send an email in HTML format?
I have created an announcement in HTML that I want to send. How do I send it so that when the recipient opens the email, he sees the email without having to open an attachment? How was the announcement created, and where is it located? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "9Chiens" <9Chiens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:570B7BF3-B350-4A00-AB94-96E73F30D681@microsoft.com... >I have created an announcement in HTML that I want to send. How do I send >it > so that when the recipient opens the ema...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

Unable to Reply or Forward Emails in Outlook 2003
I am receiving the following error when trying to reply to an email in Outlook 2003, "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." When the reply messaged pops up, the from field appears (which it normally does not do, unless selected from the view menu) with my name as the value. If I try to send, I get the error above. If I delete the value (my name) in the from field, it sends without a problem. This is very frustrating as I am the only user. I do not have this problem on other computers nor do I receive the error on OWA. It seem...

Running RMS 1.2 on Windows 2003 Terminal Server
We are trying to migrate to a W2K3 Terminal Server environment. We have been testing RMS 1.2 on it using Thin Clients. The problem we are running into is that when we have multiple users logging into the Terminal Server, they are all assigned the same RMS Register Number. Is there anyway to designate a different Register Number for each user logging in? Thank you, John Bennett John, Not supported, there are other issues too, but its Friday and I'm going home! Multi registry entries per user needed, install probs, printer probs, SQL probs, screen slowness, etc. Never seen or ...

Incoming email delayed
I am on an Exchange/Outlook 2000 network. Incoming email does not show up in the inbox until an older, previously viewed email or calendar event or contact is opened. Only is happening on 2 machines. Any suggestions? Aaron ...

Two IP Addresses for One Net Adaptor
SXMgaXQgcG9zc2libGUgdG8gYXNzaWduIHR3byBvciBtb3JlIHRoYW4gSVAgQWRkcmVzc2VzIHRv IG9uZSBuZXQgYWRhcHRvcj8= Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Your question would be best reposted to a newsgroup that deals with networking. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Jack" <logiclogiclogic@gmail.com> wrote in message news:erBBea7HIHA.5980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to assign two or more than IP Addresses to one net adaptor? VGhhbmtzIGZvci...

publisher email as message
When i create a print publication in publisher, the ability to send it as an email "message" is not available. The ability to send it as an attachment is. I am using Publisher 2003 with outlook 2003. On another computer it works fine. I can send any publisher document as a message or attachement. 1. What am i doing wrong. 2. Does Outlook 2003 have to be active for this to work. Hi Mitz, 1. Make sure that Outlook 2003 is your default mail application. Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Settings > Programs Tab and make sure Outlook is selected. 2. If the above d...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money? #2

others can see your emails!!!
Sue, I read your respond, but even when I choose someone else's name I can see all his emails and calenderde items etc.!!!!!!!!! Right. You see all of the items related to that user that are stored in ***your folders***. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ffb01c4808e$985dec20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Sue, I read your respond, but even when I choose someone > else'...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

Cannot verify email
I'm trying to retrieve a "reset password" link for another forum. However, the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify my username and password, which means that until I do I cannot recieve the reset link. However I do not know the username or password, and all my guesses were rejected. To test I tried to make a new account where I knew both username and password, but it rejected those as well even though they were correct. Whatever I put in, the window automatically pops back up. Now for some reason I can't even test the new acc...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Email SLOW to show up on NT4 worstation
Server: SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, WINS & DNS pointing to the server, network - TCP/IP 10/100 Clients: XP Pro & NT4 with Outlook 2002 Up to date with service packs and patches Senario: An email is sent to users on the network. XP Pro user opens Outlook and the email pops up within a few seconnds in their Inbox. NT4.0 user opens Outlook and it takes close to 2 minutes before the email shows up in their Inbox. (Received time on the email is the same as the sent time). NT4 - PII 450MHz, 128MB XP - P4 1.7GHz, 256MB Is Outlook checking for received email as soon as it opens or is it on...

How to read Mac Address in Windows 95
Hi, All Is there anyway to get Mac Address programmaticaly without use Netbios interface and SNMP in windows 95? Thanks in advance. ...

Highlighted email changes when I sort by subject
Don't believe it's related to the number of messages we have a user experiencing the same problem the have over 1500 and the behavior is random..... EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Stony Curtis wrote: > Don't believe it's related to the number of messages we have a user > experiencing the same problem the have over 1500 and the behavior is > random..... > > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com Please be aware that this "egghead cafe" is just a front fo...