We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
address) and the
other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
our exchange
enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and using
active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching primary
smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default when
using
owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.

Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?
0
susie (64)

Yes, the default virtual directory for OWA will be matched to users with the
abc.com address.

For those users who require xyz.com addresses, you'll need to create a new
virtual directory.  I blogged the steps here:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
> are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
> address) and the
> other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
> our exchange
> enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
> with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and
> using
> active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching
> primary
> smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default
> when
> using
> owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.
>
> Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?

0
neil.hobson (1158)
12/19/2005 4:05:00 PM
Thank you, do you happen to know with Microsoft have fixed the issue in
Exchange 2003 SP2 ?

Would you happen to have any info on active sync issue's with homing
multiple domain names ?  a fair amount of our users who will be using the new
secondary address access our mail servers remotley via activesync with
smartphones and pda's

Thanx in advance

Susie

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, the default virtual directory for OWA will be matched to users with the
> abc.com address.
>
> For those users who require xyz.com addresses, you'll need to create a new
> virtual directory.  I blogged the steps here:
>
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
> > are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
> > address) and the
> > other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
> > our exchange
> > enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
> > with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and
> > using
> > active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching
> > primary
> > smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default
> > when
> > using
> > owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?

0
susie (64)

We are not getting mails from some domains :(
Hi I have a strange problem (not from the begining of exchange existance) Some people report us that their mails could not be delivered to our exchange server and they get those mail returned. Other external customer report us that his mail could be delivered only to one mailbox, when he try to send a mail to any other - he get returned mail. What should i check to get it working well? TIA Start by getting a copy of the NDRs. Take a look at your SMTP logs and Message Tracking. Look in the event viewer. Nue "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%234uo$9F...

Exchange 2003 and OWA
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2 and Outlook Web Access (OWA). We are going to implement a domain password change policy which will require all domain/e-mail accounts to change every 90 days. Is there a way in OWA for users to receive the domain password change prompt that Windows users see? Thanks. Anna_Stephanie <ITAnnaJones@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2 and Outlook > Web Access (OWA). We are going to implement a domain password change > policy which will require all domain/e-mail...

domain list shows missing domains
I recently had to remove a child domain using ntdsutil and metadata cleanup since the last domain controller in the domain crashed. That process went smooth Every reference that I can think of (AD users/computers, sites/services, dns) of the old domain and domain controller have been removed. However... when I join a new computer to the parent domain the old child domain that I removed appears in the domain drop down list where you choose what domain you want to log into. So something must still be there. Is there anything else I should check? Thanks! Howdie! On 19.04.20...

SMTP Current Sessions
HI, Sometimes I can see on my exchange server SMTP virtual server some strange current sessions like 4343-adsl.nl or dogabc.com ... I am wondering what are the current sessions and why I can see this sites info??? Thanks, Carly Your are seeing the host name of the computers that have opened a session with your SMTP server, hopefully to send you mail. Nue "Carly" <carl.jung@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1146154642.308233.271720@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > HI, > > Sometimes I can see on my exchange server SMTP virtual server some > strange current s...

Avoiding emails linked automatically to account based on email address
Hi all, When we track an email, we specifically link it to an account by clicking the Regarding button. However, sometimes other accounts have contacts with the same email address as the sender. (This is in the case where a contact is employed by multiple accounts.) As a result, the email is filed in history in multiple places: - Under the account which was explicitly specified in the Regarding button. - But also under contacts with the same email address, even though they belong to other accounts. I know that CRM "smart" links emails to entities based on email addresses but in th...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

OWA 2003 #7
I have set up a few Exchange 2003 servers and haven't seen this before - OWA works fine inside the network, but when connecting to the OWA directory externally, the images do not fully display. I have read a couple of articles and made sure the time was synchronized correctly with the client and server, and that the proper permissions were set on all Exchange Web directories. Is there an additional port that needs to be opened on the firewall? Like I said earlier, I've set up about 7 or 8 of these servers and this is the first time I have this problem. Thanks. ...

Changing my From: address in WLM
When I reply to a mail message with WLM (received and sent through my hotmail account) the mail is shown with the improper name as the sender. For awhile this name was my sign in password until I changed my password. When someone replies to my reply, the To: address is the incorrect one. When I place my cursor over that hyperlink name I get: 'mail to:' with my correct email address. I have no idea how this name gets there and can't seem to get rid of it. It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts folder. Help Check your account settings. Alt + T, Accounts, ...

Contracts additional Features
First suggestion is to allow decimal points in the Quantity field on the contract line. Second Feature, provide a mechanism to allow users to adjust pricing or quantity on contract line. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Getting email into address book
I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, but I have 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, but How to I get them into the address Book...automatically. On 10/18/03 02:45 PM, in article BBB702A6.36E%loey@loeyart.com, "loey@loeyart.com" <loey@loeyart.com> wrote: > I know the addresses are saved as when I start a name it appears, The is the most recently used. More info on MRU: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/faqs.html#anchor-10> >but I have > 3-400 email addresses. When a message comes in I categorize it, b...

How to make return address labels in Publisher?
Can you do the title above in Publisher? Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you interested in? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DBCD56-027A-406F-B9D1-3EF45B8E33C0@microsoft.com... > Can you do the title above in Publisher? Thank you. I use the 2.5" x 1" size. it is a standard Avery Label size. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you > interested in? > > > -- > Don > Van...

Sending Email under 2 different domains
Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server 2003 I have 1 main domain and added a second SMTP domain. Now every user has to SMTP addresses under their Email Addresses (AD). When sending emails from inside Outlook using the Exchange Connector, I want the user to select the address he wants to send as. How can I do that? BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm receiving emails under both domains without any problems. The problem is sending messages under the new domain and the ability to switch back and forth between both. "Jan K. van Dalen" <vandjATmarkross.com> wrote in message ...

How to search the AddressList for a specific address entry?
Hello, I need to search the address entry list for a specific contact. Basically, I need to search contacts based on different paarameters (which include all fields like even the mobile number, company, department, etc...). When outlook is online, I go an search the Exchange Server directly with LDAP queries. But when outlook is offline, I need to search the 'Offline Address Book'. Then there is no way to search for an address.. We can only get the list of addresses in the 'Offline Address Book'. I am programming in C#. Is there any other way to search the Offline Address Bo...

Outgoing SMTP settings
I'm trying to setup POP3 incoming /outgoing email accounts in XP with MSN as the ISP. Where do I find the SMTP / outgoing settings for MSN? MSN doesn't support SMTP if you have a new account or ever accessed an older one used a browser. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/g...

DUPLICATE ADDRESSES
Is there a tool to look for duplicate addresses in Outlook address book and remove them? Yes, check slipstick.com for possible candidates. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul Martin asked: | Is there a tool to look for duplicate addresses in Outlook | address book and remove them? Just the ticket... thanks >-----Original Message----- >Yes, ...

Mailbox permissions, Deny rights for domain Admin
Hi We are about to setup Exchange 2003. Some people in our organisation is afraid that one of the DomainAdmins will be able to open their mailboxes. Can a DomainAdmin open a users mailbox and read their mail with default settings in Exchange? Is it easy for the DomainAdmin to configure the settings so he can read users mail without they knowing about it? Is there a way of denying the DomainAdmin from a few users mailboxes and maybe give adminrights to a new "Exchange Admin"? Thanks for any ideas Tommy "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are abou...

Virtual PC Additions Additions
Hey there people of wonderland. I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, Jo Johann wrote: > Hey there people of wonderland. > I've been trying to install the Virtual ...

How to get table primary key
hello! I have to chech if some table column is table primary key. Here are code to get to the table column: For Each tabula As dao.TableDef In ACS.TableDefs If tabula.Name.ToUpper.Trim = sName.ToUpper.Trim Then For Each lauks As dao.Field In tabula.Fields If lauks.Name.ToUpper.Trim = sColName.ToUpper.Trim Then '??? End If Next End If Next after that i need to know is it primary key or not and is this column is indexed or not! I hope you will help me soon! Dexter hi Dexter, Dexter wrote:...

OWA and SSL #2
Hi Just managed to get my Exchange 2000 OWA working and accessible on port 80 thru our firewall. next step is to implement SSL. I want to use my own certificates (cheapos won't let me buy one from verisign!). can someone point me in the right direction to create and install my own certificates plus get owa working with ssl? Advice greatly appreciated. Brett ...

smtp address display
Hi all, i have an issue after an upgrade from 5.5 to 2003, there is an 'unsubscribe' public folder against which a program runs to unsubscribe senders from a mail out. This program can't deal with the 'friendly names' displayed in the emails which are coming in from people wishing to unsubscribe from the newsletter, it's expecting to see smtp addresses in the 'from' field of the emails arriving in the public folder. Any ideas?? Is there a way of changing this behaviour so that just the smtp address of the sender is displayed in the 'from' field? Andre...

Active Cell Border
All, I have an Excel workbook (Mac version) in which the active cell border is light blue, instead of the usual black. I'm not sure how to change this setting. Any ideas? It would be handy to know if this can be changed in the Windows version too. Thanks in Advance. M Try Tool|Options Window Options and under the gridline checkbox is a dropdown for grid color "Mark" <anything@anywhere.co.uk> wrote in message news:0C2dnVwDLucG93jfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk... > All, > > I have an Excel workbook (Mac version) in which the active cell border is > light ...

additional SQL instances/best practices
Hello: Like most firms, we create test databases for clients that contain a copy of the client's live company's data. Someone suggested that we should first create a separate SQL instance, stating that Best Practices maintains that it is best to have a separate instance of GP SQL databases. Does Best Practices really maintain that it is best to have a separate instance as a Great Plains test environment? Also, isn't it much harder to maintain a test environment if the test company is in a separate instance of SQL server? And, if a client does have a separate instance of...

Creating activities on other's behalf
We regularly create telephone calls for colleagues. However, it is currently impossible to change the ownership of the activities to the colleague the activity is created for, with the result that the activity stays in the Activity list of the organizer. The data in this list also doesn't change, even if the activity has been chenged. This is a security-role issue, so I have checked and changed these, but this doesn't seem to help. All my colleagues have all possible right concerning activities within the Business Unit. Does someone have a suggestion as to what the problem might...

Fake domain put our domain to being blocking by AOL or Comcast.
Hi, Recently, we receive a lot of email back and told us that our email has been block by some big ISP. My questions is can someone setup a fake email server and use our domain name and send out spam?? For example, if our domain is www.abc.com. Can anyone set up an email server with a same name abc.com and send out spam. If this is the case, then we could be a victim. since lot of big ISP will block our email which effect our business so bad. I already turn off the relay function on out email server. we r using windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. SP3. Can anyone tell me what...

help parsing an address
i have a ss with 12000 addresses in one cell. that is each row is different person, but their address is in one cell. i am trying t parse it so that the name is in one cell, line1 address in the next line2 in the next, city in the next, st in the next, zip in the next. examples "First Wisconsin Center 777 E. Wisconsin Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53202-5367 U.S.A." "880 West Herritage Park Blvd Suite 900 Layton, UT 84041 U.S.A." bad news, some only have one line (bad address), some have only one address line some have 2, some have zip + 4 som don't. i'm stumped...attac...