We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
address) and the
other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
our exchange
enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and using
active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching primary
smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default when
using
owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.

Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?
0
susie (64)

Yes, the default virtual directory for OWA will be matched to users with the
abc.com address.

For those users who require xyz.com addresses, you'll need to create a new
virtual directory.  I blogged the steps here:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
> are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
> address) and the
> other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
> our exchange
> enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
> with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and
> using
> active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching
> primary
> smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default
> when
> using
> owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.
>
> Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?

0
neil.hobson (1158)
12/19/2005 4:05:00 PM
Thank you, do you happen to know with Microsoft have fixed the issue in
Exchange 2003 SP2 ?

Would you happen to have any info on active sync issue's with homing
multiple domain names ?  a fair amount of our users who will be using the new
secondary address access our mail servers remotley via activesync with
smartphones and pda's

Thanx in advance

Susie

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, the default virtual directory for OWA will be matched to users with the
> abc.com address.
>
> For those users who require xyz.com addresses, you'll need to create a new
> virtual directory.  I blogged the steps here:
>
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/owa_and_multipl.html
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are going to be adding a second smtp domain to our exchange enviroment,
> > are users will be split one half having abc.com as their primary (reply to
> > address) and the
> > other half having xyz.com as their primary (reply to address).  Given that
> > our exchange
> > enviroment is originally installed under abc.com, will there be any issues
> > with the users' whose primary smtp address is xyz.com accessing owa and
> > using
> > active sync?  I have read someone that exchange has problems matching
> > primary
> > smtp addresses that don't match the exchange virtual directory default
> > when
> > using
> > owa or active sync?  Some issues of which were cleared up under SP1.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a whitepaper that addresses the above issue?

0
susie (64)

Vlookup based on Active cell
Is there a way to have a vlookup formual based on the data in the active cell. I have data on one sheet that I what to pull in to a cell on another worksheet based on the data in the active cell I click on. I looking for the reference of the vlookup to be the active cell. thanks in advance for any help on this Thomp <williamth...@gmail.com> wrote... >Is there a way to have a vlookup formual based on the data in the >active cell. I have data on one sheet that I what to pull in to a cell >on another worksheet based on the data in the active cell I click on. >I looking for the...

OWA HTTPS Exchange 2003
I have an exchange 2003 server and I'm trying to setup OWA If I set it to no encryption, it works fine. I can go to http: //server/exchange and OWA Opens fine. if I turn on "Require SSL" in either 128 bit mode or not, and I go to https: //server/exchange I get "The Page can not be displayed" any ideas? What type of certificate are you using? Nue "MrLee" <ldspm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ug65aNsbGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have an exchange 2003 server and I'm trying to setup OWA > > If I set it to no encryption, it wo...

Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode
Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode - Manage Multiple Domains in single box/PST. I have moved from an Exchange Server to a standalone Outlook 2003 system. On the exchange server I was able to manage multiple domains and the emails associated with them. I would like to do the same with just the Outlook client in Pop3 mode. I have multiple domain emails forwarding to a single Pop3 mailbox as my ISP. In order to setup the correct "Reply To" field in Outlook I can set up multiple accounts to send out on (by selecting from the drop-down Accounts list). However... The problem is with asso...

Change Filter Rules of Default Global Address List
Is there any way to change the Filter Rules of the Default Global Address List in Exchange 2003. The Modify button is greyed out. I want to hide External Contacts from the GAL (by only displaying Exchange mailboxes or mail enabled users), but still have those contacts appear under All Contacts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Greg Greg: You could do this by editing the Default Global Address List object in ADSEdit. I think (if memory serves me correctly), the attribute that holds the query is the purportedSearch attribute. However, messing with attributes of default ...

OWA Password Reminder
Hi, In OWA 2003 with Exchange 2003 I have enabled my users to change their AD password via the Change Password button in OWA. No problems. However, I am going to implement a domain wide password policy which forces users to change there password every 60 days. I want to know if there is any way of making AD password expiry reminders appear in OWA? I have user's at remote sites that only access there email via OWA, and therefore don't actually get the password change reminders. Then there account locks out, because they didn't change their password before the expiry date. A...

OWA Issues #8
I have been attempting to access my Exchange server via the web. With IE I get the "loading" error. With Mozilla FireFox I am able to gain access, send and receive emails but none of the button jpgs or gifs show up. My Exchange is behind an ISA server. I have checked all of the settings for my SMTP virtual server and they appear to be correct. i have looked at IE settings and scripting is allowed as well as all sites are set to defaults. This problem occurs with all of my end users who attempt to connect to Exchange remotely so it isn't a local machine issue it has to be either t...

Additional Reports.
Does anyone know of anyone that has a package of add on reports for sale? We are looking for additional reports for sales managers. The upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 takes away a lot of reports. ...

WorkFlow Duplicate activity
Dear All, Have you every seen the duplicate activity when workflow tricker? So simply in my workflow. I have only one work flow for check after another user assigned. Work flow will wait for some Picklist and if picklist have changed will come to my condition activity. (Create Phone Call in case activity) , I found duplicate activities in that case. Helpppppp Me :> Please Sincerely, Waiyaritv@blueintelligence.com ...

GAL in OWA #2
hello i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web Access. plz thanks Rana Hi, This is working as designed. There is no global address list in OWA, you can search for recipients in OWA right? Leif "Rana" <farooq.aslam@psshmc.org> wrote in message news:uhIWSjItGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > > i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list > its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web ...

Taking out domain names out of e-mail adresses
Hello, In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering if it's possible to take the domain name out of the e-mail address and put them in the column next to it? Thanks, Ruben =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Pilaarbijter" <de.pilaarbijter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Oe4SNcI3GHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In Excel I have a column with a few e-mail addresses. And I was wondering > if it's possible to take ...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

OWA logon page
Does anyone have a great MS or internet reference for creating a logon page? I could not find one bundled with the product and need to create a page that would allow users to sign in and logon to OWA. Thanks! James, What version of Exchange? Exchange 2003 has forms based authentication that, when activated, enables a logon page. Tom "James" <jtowns380@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e4101c3a9fe$32330e60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a great MS or internet reference for > creating a logon page? I could not find one bundled with > the product and nee...

CDO call to SMTP
I need to create a SMTP connection from a webserver to my E2K server. One of the programmer has created a CDO that calls on the SMTP. I need it to be able to send mail only. Where do I start looking into steps to get this done. Internal email can usually be pointed at the "mailhost". This will usually resolve back to your email system. There is probably no need to have a direct link between systems. "manoa" wrote: > I need to create a SMTP connection from a webserver to my E2K server. One of > the programmer has created a CDO that calls on the SMTP. I ne...

Senders email address in saved attachment
Hi, I'm currently using the below VBA to export all email attachments into one folder. I however also need to capture the senders email address, preferrably in the file name of the saved attachment. Is this possible or are you able to advise another solution to capture this information? '<DieseOutlookSitzung> Public Sub LoopMailFolderByFolderPath() On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER Dim oFld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim obj As Object Set oFld = GetFolder("Mailbox - ! TSN Credit Approvals\testing") If Not oFld Is Nothing Then For Each obj In...

Activate new workbook with unknown name
Hi, I have a macro that copies a worksheet from an existing workbook and moves it to a new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). I then go back to the original workbook to hide the copied sheet. When all this is done I want the user to be looking at the new workbook (book 1, book 2, etc). Please provide some code to add to my copy macro. Thank you very much....you guys/gals are great! You don't have to return to the original workbook to hide the sheet. If the macro is in the original workbook then simply: Sheets(1).Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Visible = False Hope this helps Rowan &q...

bcc not showing recipient's address
I've tried a number of tests, sending out bcc email to a few people. All the recipients have their 'To' field showing my email address (sender's address) instead of their own. Why is that? Is there a way to configure Bcc to show the intented recipient's email address? Many thanks. -- kent No. What you are asking requires a mail merge to electronic mail. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/...

Adding a 2008R2 Child Domain to a 2003R2 forest
I have a 2003R2 forest with two root servers in the root domain, A, and no other servers in that domain. Under that I have two child domains B, and C. I want to add a third child domain, D to this which will have two 2008R2 DCs that are not DNS servers. My plan is to move all the DCs to 2008R2 over the next several months but we have a requirement for another child domain and this seems like a good time to start moving to 2008R2 for the DCs. All DCs are 2003R2 servers and the domain is 2003 Functional level. I've read various sources including these and have some quest...

OWA 2003 and changing password
I have a problem on enabling changing password on OWA 200 My server is a 2 nodes cluster Windows 2003 Adv and Exchange 2003 in active/passive mode (only one virtual server My OWA is working great, i have enabled the registry key to show the "change password" butto my virtual server ISSADMPWD with SSL and certificate is installe when a user click on the change password button in OWA a new popup window in HTTPS appears, he accept the certificate and next he has a 404 error (pasge not found) on an .asp page i have verified the .asp page is present and good Does anyone have an idea Th...

Upgrading from 2000 Exchange/Domain to 2003
Hello All, I have spent good amount of time in last few weeks to figure what would be the best approach to upgrade 2000 Exchange/Domain to 2003 but I am still puzzled and don't have a clear path. I searched through groups but couldn't find any posting with the exactly the same scenario as mine. We are small company and IT infrastructure is still a workgroup environment. We have one Windows 2000 server which is acting as Active Directory Domain and is also running Exchange Services. There are about 30 mailboxes and the size of storage group is about 30GB. Now we need to do the f...

OWA doesn't show what Outlook does
I've had an email from one of our users and he says that he's having problems with OWA. He says that it shows unread emails, but he can't find them. Logs on with Outlook and there they are (and they all happen to be from one user). Any thoughts on how we can fix this? Thanks, Neal Get rid of the user:-) It is probably a different view. When you logon on to his mailbox do you have the same problem? Nue "Neal" <neal@apoyar.net> wrote in message news:OCg1hRheGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I've had an email from one of our users and he says that ...

Extending CRM to another domain
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2, and our parent co in the UK and Spain want access to our instance. Our domains are not connected through a trust, nor do we actually have a physical connection to get that working. My first thought was to use either VPN or terminal services to get these users going after creating AD accounts for the US domain and giving them a CRM license. Though the issue then becomes they have two email accounts to manage, and so on. Is there a suggested method to get this to work, or am I looking at a situation where it would be more headaches than it's worth? ...

Exchange tasks on a trusted domain
Hi, I am trying to find out if I can create mailboxes for acounts on a trusted domain. Here is my scenario: I have an Exchange organization (Win2K3 SP2 servers) bound to an AD domain =Domain A (Win2K3 SP1 DCs, domain & forest in Win2003 native functional mode). I also have a second AD domain = DomainB (Win2K3 SP1 DCs, Win2000 domain & forest functional mode). When I try to create mailboxes for the users in Domain B in the Exchange organization, I get this error message: "xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="C...

an email sent doesn't show up on the activities tab
sometimes when i send an email addressed to someone in my address book and then I go to their contact file and click on activites, sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Why doesn't it show up every time and can I manually import it to the activities tab so I can reference it later. I want to have a chronological list of ALL emails I send. Also I would like to know why it doesn't show up. ...

Dynamic e-mail address on business alerts?
Does anyone know a way to make the e-mail address dynamic on a business alert? I'm trying to find a way to automate e-mailing of order acknowledgements to cusotmers. Business Alerts fit fine except that I'd need to pull the customer's e-mail address from their card rather than having a static e-mail address in the alert. If this isn't possible, can anyone recommend a 3rd party package to do this? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_4E41372C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Unfortunately th...

OWA on Front-End Exchange 2003 Server gives "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable"
On a pure Windows 2003 network, I have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a back end server "BE1". OWA works fine on this server via http://BE1/Exchange On 2 brand new windows 2003 servers "FE1", "FE2", I 1. Installed Exchange Server 2003. 2. Installed Exchange 2003 SP1 3. Made it a front-end server via System Manager 4. Rebooted and tried accessing OWA Accessing http://FE1/Exchange and http://FE2/Exchange does not work I only get "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" IIS log: 2004-11-24 14:26:53 127.0.0.1 GET /Exchange - 80 mydomain\myusername 127...