Adding users to distribution list

I am looking to add about 4000 AD users to a DL. What is the best way to
script this (or csvde)? Thanks!
0
thor71717 (16)

If there is something uniquely identifiable about these users (such as OU,
Department name, City, etc...), I would create a Dynamic Distribution List
instead.

You could always select these users in an OU or by using the Find utility in
ADUC, select them, then right click and add them to the group.  Unless these
users are spread out all over your AD, that might be the best way to add
them to a group.  Not very creative, but maybe someone will think of
something better.  :-)

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"thor71717" <thor71717@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to add about 4000 AD users to a DL. What is the best way to
> script this (or csvde)? Thanks!

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
8/10/2006 8:43:16 PM
HR has the list of users and is going to put them in a CSV (I want to use a
script to import from the CSV to the DL directly in AD). Nothing
identifiable..and we have 7000+ AD users..so they are spread over different
regions/OUs.

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" wrote:

> If there is something uniquely identifiable about these users (such as OU,
> Department name, City, etc...), I would create a Dynamic Distribution List
> instead.
>
> You could always select these users in an OU or by using the Find utility in
> ADUC, select them, then right click and add them to the group.  Unless these
> users are spread out all over your AD, that might be the best way to add
> them to a group.  Not very creative, but maybe someone will think of
> something better.  :-)
>

> --
> Jim McBee
> Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
>

> "thor71717" <thor71717@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am looking to add about 4000 AD users to a DL. What is the best way to
> > script this (or csvde)? Thanks!

0
thor71717 (16)

How implement combo box sliding list?
I have to implement my own combo box from scratch. When the user clicks on the down arrow, I want the list to slide down the way it does for any ordinary Windows combo box. Does anyone happen to know how this is implemented? TIA Simon On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:51:29 +0100, "Simon" <sorde@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote: >I have to implement my own combo box from scratch. When the user clicks on >the down arrow, I want the list to slide down the way it does for any >ordinary Windows combo box. Does anyone happen to know how this is >implemented? I would guess som...

User selects file location
I have a macro that formats data and saves certain portions of a worksheet into a csv file. The macro prompts the user for a path to save the file to. Instead of the user typing in the path, is there a way to have them select it somehow...similar to what happens when you select File - Save As from the main Excel menu? I appreciate your feedback. Monica a drop down box perhaps. http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Monica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:941e01c4336e$c3b64ce0$a1012...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

New Outlook user needs help getting started/installed
I've been using Outlook Express for my e-mail. I bought a new computer -came with a trial version of Outlook 2003. I liked it and now want to install Outlook from my Office XP disk. All of the other programs installed properly and run, but Outlook crashes every time. I already uninstalled the trial version of Outlook 2003. Is there something I can do to start using Outlook (it's 2002 in my Office XP bundle)? Thanks in advance, SS assuming Outlook 2002 installed correctly, see if creating a new profile works: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287072/EN-US/ "ste...

Urgent : adding Licenses problem
Our client has this problem Current license evironment: - 5 Sales Standard (CRM + SBS) The client purchase additional 3 Sales Standard and 3 Customer Service Standard, when they tried to add (thorugh deployment manager) the additional 3 Customer Service Standard it worked, however when they tried to add 3 Sales Standard they keep geeting error message "You do not have enough Professional licenses to upgrade all of your Standard licenses to Sales Standard licenses" Our efforts: we tried to delete the old key, then add the new key (3 Sales Standard) it worked, however when we add th...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

A quicken user needs help!
I switched from Quicken to Money 2004 and like it however there are a couple of problems I have and assistance. I download all my statements online (not via MSN but individual downloads from the bank, credit card etc.) The first one maybe is my fault and hopefully someone can give me the solution. When I want to balance my checkbook the only option I get is to enter my the balance from the paper statement. In quicken there was the option to balance by choosing either the paper statement or the online balance statement. Is there a way to do that? Also I am having problems with some transactio...

adding multiple records in one fell swoop
Hi, In my database, I'd like to give users the ability to add more than one record to a table at once, should they desire to. Is there a way to do that? I would guide them to a special form where they could just enter the number of instances of a type of record and that number would create that number of instances in my "instances" table (the date column I would like to just populate with the current date instead of using the exact date of the specific instance). Is this possible? Thanks so much! David Sounds like an Append Query to me. grep dave.degroot@gmail.com wrote:...

Document? Added a scanned page, document is out off align?
Page is out of alignment. After saving a document and adding a scanned file to complete it.The last page is out of alignment slightly with the rest of the document. Which needs to be sent in an email tonight. Need the correct commands please to complete this. How did you add the scanned page? Note that if you used OCR software and then added the page as editable text, you usually have to do a lot of reformatting; there's no way around that. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Nic nic" <Nic nic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066C80...

Adding a title to a list view.
I have a splitter window with listviews on the top and bottom. I would like to add a title line to each view in addition to the normal column headers. Can anybody help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window with listviews on the top and bottom. > > I would like to add a title line to each view in addition to the normal > column headers. > > Can anybody help? The splitter automatically sizes its panes to fill the pane, so you need an arrangement that puts a parent/child pair into the pane. The parent would provide the title, the child would be the list con...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

Can I sort a list with more than three fields?
Dear all, I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, Data>Sort ... I can only specify three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three fields? For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields: country, prodcut catagories, product and vendor! ------------------ Country Product Catagories Product Vendor UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation ------------...

Help required: Automatically completing a list
I have a lengthy list (app. 8500 rows) in the following format: Customer1 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Line2 Value OrderNum2 Line1 Value Customer2 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Line2 Value Line3 Value Is there a formula / macro which would, for the empty cells only, copy the value of the cell above ? Basically I need the list to look like: Customer1 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Customer1 OrderNum1 Line2 Value Customer1 OrderNum2 Line1 Value Customer2 OrderNum1 Line1 Value C...

Replication errors after adding new server
Customer has existing Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003, plus varios other servers on the network. We recently added a new server with a view to retiring the existing server. Since adding the new server to the network we now get 4 Replication Errors every 5 minutes "Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event" The 4 events relate to "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY", "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK", "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY" & "NON_IPM_SUBTREE\Internet Newsgroups" We have not manually set any pub...

Outlook 2003: HTML email & attachments list
I am using Outlook 2003, with SP2 installed. I compose & read emails in HTML format. I've noticed that when I reply to an email that had an attachment, there is no reference in the original message below my reply that there was originally an attachment. (The same appears to be true in Plain Text; however, I'm not looking for a way to work in Plain Text.) When using Rich Text formatting, when I reply, the attachment that was in the original email is indicated within a set of << >>'s... <<AttachmentName>> The main reason I compose & read in HTML f...

Can a macro read a list and insert the names into a web address?
I want to know if a macro can read a list of names (can be from 10 - 100 long) from 1 sheet and copy each name individually into a web address. Then place the results onto another sheet at pre determined places. Heres what I have: On Sheet xp from cell B3 is the list of names b 3 Thrasherfan 4 Mummybear58 3 Galadriel107 I want to read each name, 1 at a time and place them into: http://hiscore.runescape.com/index_lite.ws?player=*Insert name here* Then place that information onto:\ Sheet Team 1, cell B1 for 1st name Sheet Team 1, cell B41 for 2nd name Adding 40 ce...

How can I get To-do's to show up in the Today screen Task list?
Hi, I am a new Outlook user, and have recently run into a problem in that I missed doing some things I had made "To-Do" to remind me to do. Unfortunately, I assumed that the Today screen would show my active "To-Do's" but I realize it only show's "Tasks". I'm a unclear what the difference is. Is there anyway to integrate them so they both show up on the Today screen? Why are they in different folders? Thanks for your help. Ed Outlook 2007? They are on the To-do Bar... it's replacing Outlook today because few users use it. The to-do list ...

Specifying a work distributed across a number of days
I need help on how to schedule the following in MS Project 2003, prof edition. Thanks in advance for your help I have 3 tasks to schedule. Task 1 - Total work 2 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (AM sessions) and will end after 4th day by lunch Task 2 - Total work 1.5 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (PM sessions) and will end after 3rd day by lunch Task 3 - Total work 1 day - Work will be done 0.5 days each day will start after task 2 is complete (on the 4th day). Paddy -- Task 1 -- Set the Duration to 4 days. Assign the resource to work 50% Units ...

User Form Picture
Hi I'm trying to insert a small jpeg on a User Form in the bottom left hand corner - its about 6cm x 5cm - I can insert a picture within the VBA however its so damn big It takes over the entire user Form any ideas???? Any help much appreciated Cheers ------ Mully Hi From the control toolbox, select the image control and place it on your user form in the position you want it to be. Size it to the size you want and then Right click and select properties and select the picture you wish to use. Click on the PictureSizeMode property and select fmPictureSizeModeZoom. HTH Ken Hi ...

allow user to select folder
I am using the following code to merge some files, can someone help me figure out how to code it so that when macro command button is hit a prompt window will come up allowing user to select folder and location for files to be merged. With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\test" 'folder to use .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks If .Execute() > 0 Then XL2002 has a browse dialog. I don't use 2002 myself, so you may need to play with this, but ...

Forward 123@xyz.com to 5 users ???
Hi everyone For the last 3 days I'm trying to configure Exchange on my SBS2003. For every message arriving to 123@xyz.com to be forwarded (copied) to another 5 accounts. 3 internal and 2 external (Black Berry). I know how to forward incoming message to another address by creating a contact, but I need the same message to be forwarded to another 3 users and 3 external email accounts. Someone has mentioned about Distribution Groups, but can't find out how and where to create them. Cam someone please guide me step by step? Thank you Artur Create distribution group called 123 in...

turn off indentation of automatic numbering lists
I am trying to figure out a way to turn off the indenting feature of the auto numbering. I need to use auto numbering but I need the list to be completely flushed left. I have searched and searched but been unable to find a way to change this. I know I can do it temporary by decreasing the indent but I need really need to this be a permanent setting change that I do not have to correct with each new report. This is how auto numbering currently looks: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asdfasdfasdf I need it to look like this all the time: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asd...

Columns in Excel will not allow user to click in them
I have a spreadsheet with several columns of information. Two of those columns will not allow the user to activate any of its cells. When the user attempts to click on a cell in one of the two columns, the spreadsheets jumps to a different location and randomly activates a different cell. I also cannot isolate selection the entire column by clicking on the column letter at the top. I can however, use ctrl+click to select the two problem columns (I must begin with an active cell outside of the problem columns). Any suggestions as to what is causing this behavior? FYI: I can copy...

How can I allow other users to make changes in a shared workbook
I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save changes in a shared workbook. Any suggestions? What happens when they try to make changes? If the worksheet is protected (and that's what is stopping them, unshare the workbook, unprotect the worksheet, unlock the cells that should be able to be changed, reprotect the worksheet, reshare the workbook and try it again.) What happens when they try to save? (I don't have a guess here.) yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.co wrote: > > I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save...

Name change in AD not reflected in CRM
We have a user that recently changed her name. This change was amended in the Active Directory but has not been reflected in MS CRM; the user is now unable to access CRM owing to this. It appears that the only way forward might be to create a new user account in CRM which seems pretty ludicrous. Has this happened to anyone else? Seems very odd. Any light shed on this issue will be appreciated. Kolla Was this done on SBS? I know that just going into AD Users & computers on a SBS server is Not Good. Beyond that, if you change it back, does their login work? "Kolla" wrote: ...