adding new users in AD but not Exchange

How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an
Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to
all new users at this time.
--
Greg Stigers, MCSA
remember to vote for the answers you like

0
wmsn (5)

Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools
installed?

"Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create
> an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not
> to all new users at this time.
> --
> Greg Stigers, MCSA
> remember to vote for the answers you like

0
tom5478 (29)
3/23/2005 2:19:18 AM
Tom Meunier wrote:
> Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools
> installed?
>

> "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>
>>How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create
>>an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not
>>to all new users at this time.
>>--
>>Greg Stigers, MCSA
>>remember to vote for the answers you like

Such as installing the Adminpak.msi on an authoritive workstation and
connecting to the AD?

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Multiple Users
Let's say I buy merchandise for 1 department. I have dozens of users (for different departments), who import data (using a form) from 1 source database (in which they do not see). Upon importing the source data (their department info), they manipulate it, then delete the relevant old data in the source, and replace it with the newly manipulated data. My question is: Is there any chance of data deletion with multiple users hitting the source at the same time? Meaning, if I am only deleting and replacing MY department, it shouldn't affect other data in the table? We&...

ADDING A NUMBER

Exchange 2003 with multiple site
Hi, I have one domain and one Exchange 2003 server. Now we want to introduce another Exchange 2003 server as a replication server. Can we do that? The resion we want to do this so some people can access there email via Outlook express or on there Cell phone using POP3 client. Thanks You can't simply "replicate" Exchange servers. you would need to implement some 3rd party software to do this. Warning - it isn't cheap. Is there some reason they can't access the existing server via IMAP or POP3? Why do you need to install another server just for that? -- Ben Winze...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

New Entry Point for a DLL
Hey all. I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this: double WINAPI getElapsedSecs() { return elapsedSecs; } and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like this: extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs(); I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However, when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an EntryPointNotFoundException....

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

Moving User from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a user who has a big mailbox 796,269kb. its been running 1 horu and 48 min. from past 30 min it is saying "saving changes to the directory". and its 100%. can any one tell me is it normal or its an indication of a problem. thanks -- Curious MCSE, CCNP Curious wrote: > I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with > exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a > use...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Money 2004 Deluxe and multiple network users
Is MS Money 2005 now "network aware"? In other words, can I set up a money file so that two users can access it across a home network without worrying about whether or not the other user is already in the file, thus causing corruption? I did a quick test which would suggest yes, but I want to triple check. Here's what I did: 1. Copied my money file to a safe location 2. Opened it on one computer (A) 3. Walked to another computer (B), opened it there as well 4. Opened A to Home page. 5. Opened B to Home page, then went to downloaded statements and accepted some transaction. 6. O...

Exchange SBS2003
Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to notice that we couldnt recieve new emails, but we are still able to send them out. When I looked at the monitoring it says "critical State" "stopped". I checked all the setting that I know of, restarted the MTA then I restarted the whole computer and still doesnt work. Can anyone help. "=?Utf-8?B?RGltYQ==?=" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:260D1406-B154-42E4-8AAD-4814202EDFBC@microsoft.com: > Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to > not...

Suspect Employee
We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email policy. Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? I do not have his password because they are forced to change it every 60 days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:06:01 -0700, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email >policy. > >Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? > >I do not have his password because they are forced to chan...

Adding alternate columns