Adding new domain to Exchange 5.5 server

I have a company running Exchange 5.5 that is going to be
changing their name and subsequently their domain name.
They still however, need to recieve e-mail at the old
domain's email addresses. Does anyone know the best and
safest way to implement the new domain name within Exchange
5.5 while retaining the old mailboxes and the ability to
recieve mail at both old and new e-mail addresses? Also I
need to make sure that outgoing messages would be sent from
the new addresses. Please Help, Thanks.
0
anonymous (74718)

Be sure to read the entire FAQ after you are done with adding domain
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm

Will wrote:

> I have a company running Exchange 5.5 that is going to be
> changing their name and subsequently their domain name.
> They still however, need to recieve e-mail at the old
> domain's email addresses. Does anyone know the best and
> safest way to implement the new domain name within Exchange
> 5.5 while retaining the old mailboxes and the ability to
> recieve mail at both old and new e-mail addresses? Also I
> need to make sure that outgoing messages would be sent from
> the new addresses. Please Help, Thanks.
0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

ADDING A NUMBER

"view like server explorer"
Hi to all, I want to develop a view like server explorer that .Net has got. I am using vc++ 6.0 and MFC. Hope for the response soon. Thanking You. Your's Satyam Kumar Das. Use a tree control (CTreeCtrl) and image list (CImageList) and create accordingly. - MR "Satyam Kumar" <Satyam Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C4461D8-FEFC-4B37-9D13-FF3C939461F9@microsoft.com... > Hi to all, > I want to develop a view like server explorer that .Net has got. I am > using > vc++ 6.0 and MFC. > Hope for the response soon. > Thanking You. >...

Exchange 2003 with multiple site
Hi, I have one domain and one Exchange 2003 server. Now we want to introduce another Exchange 2003 server as a replication server. Can we do that? The resion we want to do this so some people can access there email via Outlook express or on there Cell phone using POP3 client. Thanks You can't simply "replicate" Exchange servers. you would need to implement some 3rd party software to do this. Warning - it isn't cheap. Is there some reason they can't access the existing server via IMAP or POP3? Why do you need to install another server just for that? -- Ben Winze...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #5
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

New Entry Point for a DLL
Hey all. I have a problem with a DLL written in VC++ 6.00. There are 5 existing entry points, and I'm trying to create a new one. I've copied the syntax of the existing code - I have a method that looks like this: double WINAPI getElapsedSecs() { return elapsedSecs; } and a declaration that sits with the other declaration and looks like this: extern "C" double WINAPI getElapsedSecs(); I rebuild the DLL, and everything seems to have compiled ok. However, when the .NET parent program tries to call this entry point, I get an EntryPointNotFoundException....

Top 5 SQL in an Aggregate Query
I'm counting occurrences for Questions Grouped by Market Mgr and 3 different Area Mgrs. Taking "Top 5" in the SQL statement brings in the overall Top 5 records, which it should. I could run code to examine each Area Mgr (w/ the Market Mgr), build a Top 5 and add to a Table after deleting all those Table's records prior to examining each Area Mgr. Or..is there another way?? Any possibiliity the "Grouping" in an Access Report would display only the Top 5 for each Area Mgr grouping? TIA - Bob See: Subquery Basics: TOP n records per group at: http://a...

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Problem sending smtp mail to some domains
Hi I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i use an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to same smtp address. can anyone help me. Thank you Regards check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming from. The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP th...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

Moving User from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a user who has a big mailbox 796,269kb. its been running 1 horu and 48 min. from past 30 min it is saying "saving changes to the directory". and its 100%. can any one tell me is it normal or its an indication of a problem. thanks -- Curious MCSE, CCNP Curious wrote: > I built an exchange 2003 server on win3k platform and it is coexisting with > exchange 5.5. i also moved few users from 5.5 to 2003. Now i am moving a > use...

create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered
I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered into it For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date I would like to automaticly create a new worksheet and call it that date entered to B11 Then if I type a Date into cell B12 a new worksheet would be created and named the date entered into B12 and so on Is this out of the question See response in your other post. "Zane" wrote: > I am trying to create a new worksheet when a cell has a date entered > into it > > For instant in Worksheet 1 you type into cell B11 a date > I would l...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Adding alternate columns