Adding Disclaimer to outgoing email on Exchange 2003

I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server but I'm
not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003.

I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for Exchange 5.5.

Thanks,

Rafael

0
rafael1119 (59)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680
"Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server but
I'm
> not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003.
>
> I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for Exchange 5.5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rafael

0
missy1 (21)
1/27/2004 5:40:35 PM
Thanks!

"Missy Koslosky [MVP]" <missy@mvps.org> wrote in message
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680
> "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server but
> I'm
> > not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003.
> >
> > I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for Exchange 5.5.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rafael

0
rafael1119 (59)
1/27/2004 5:50:44 PM
OK, I followed the instructions on the link below and I get now disclaimer
added to my outgoing emails. The strange thing is that at the bottom of the
page it says that if you use Outlook to send these emails, no disclaimer
will be added to the message.  That's how I  read it anyways.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680

Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the e-mail,
the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is because messages
submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the e-mail triggers the
SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are made by the event's code
are not persisted.

What good are these instructions if they don't really work?  Anyone?

Rafael

> Thanks!
>
> "Missy Koslosky [MVP]" <missy@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317680
> > "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I had a disclaimer for all outgoing emails on my Exchange 5.5 server
but
> > I'm
> > > not sure if I should use it with Exchange 2003.
> > >
> > > I believe a file called imsext.dll was what I used for Exchange 5.5.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Rafael

0
rafael1119 (59)
1/29/2004 2:01:59 PM

> Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the
> e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is
> because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the
> e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are
> made by the event's code are not persisted.

This just means that when you send a message internally that does not
leave the server that it will not have a disclaimer on it. As soon as
the message hits the SMTP connector it will have the disclaimer
attached.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Here is a what I have:
1. A file called 'EventSinkScript.vbs'
2. The content of the EventSinkScript.vbs file is:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Sub ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival(ByVal Msg, EventStatus)
 TextDisclaimer = vbCrLf & "DISCLAIMER:" & vbCrLf & "My Disclaimer Goes
here."

 If Msg.HTMLBody <> "" Then
         'Search for the "</body>" tag and insert our discliamer before that
tag.
         pos = InStr(1, Msg.HTMLBody, "</body>", vbTextCompare)
         szPartI = Left(Msg.HTMLBody, pos - 1)
         szPartII = Right(Msg.HTMLBody, Len(Msg.HTMLBody) - (pos - 1))
         Msg.HTMLBody = szPartI + HTMLDisclaimer + szPartII

         Msg.TextBody = Msg.TextBody & vbCrLf & TextDisclaimer & vbCrLf
  Else
         Msg.TextBody = Msg.TextBody & vbCrLf & TextDisclaimer & vbCrLf
  End If

     'Commit the content changes to the transport ADO Stream object.
  Msg.DataSource.Save ' Commit the changes into the transport Stream

 pEventStatus = cdoRunNextSink
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

Thanks,

Rafael

"Arlo Clizer [MVP]" <aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote in message
> "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the
> > e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is
> > because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the
> > e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are
> > made by the event's code are not persisted.
>
> This just means that when you send a message internally that does not
> leave the server that it will not have a disclaimer on it. As soon as
> the message hits the SMTP connector it will have the disclaimer
> attached.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Arlo Clizer
> Exchange MVP
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
rafael1119 (59)
1/29/2004 4:24:31 PM
Of course now it's working. I fixed the html format below by moving the </p>
to the end of the disclaimer text and I now see it on external emails.

Thanks,

Rafael

> I knew internally it does not show but I don't see the disclaimer
externally
> either.
>
> Here is a what I have:
> 1. A file called 'EventSinkScript.vbs'
> 2. The content of the EventSinkScript.vbs file is:
>
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> Sub ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival(ByVal Msg, EventStatus)
>  TextDisclaimer = vbCrLf & "DISCLAIMER:" & vbCrLf & "My Disclaimer Goes
> here."
>
>  If Msg.HTMLBody <> "" Then
>          'Search for the "</body>" tag and insert our discliamer before
that
> tag.
>          pos = InStr(1, Msg.HTMLBody, "</body>", vbTextCompare)
>          szPartI = Left(Msg.HTMLBody, pos - 1)
>          szPartII = Right(Msg.HTMLBody, Len(Msg.HTMLBody) - (pos - 1))
>          Msg.HTMLBody = szPartI + HTMLDisclaimer + szPartII
>
>          Msg.TextBody = Msg.TextBody & vbCrLf & TextDisclaimer & vbCrLf
>   Else
>          Msg.TextBody = Msg.TextBody & vbCrLf & TextDisclaimer & vbCrLf
>   End If
>
>      'Commit the content changes to the transport ADO Stream object.
>   Msg.DataSource.Save ' Commit the changes into the transport Stream
>
>  pEventStatus = cdoRunNextSink
> End Sub
> </SCRIPT>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rafael
>

> "Arlo Clizer [MVP]" <aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote in message
> > "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in
> >
> > > Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the
> > > e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is
> > > because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the
> > > e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are
> > > made by the event's code are not persisted.
> >
> > This just means that when you send a message internally that does not
> > leave the server that it will not have a disclaimer on it. As soon as
> > the message hits the SMTP connector it will have the disclaimer
> > attached.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Arlo Clizer
> > Exchange MVP
> > FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
rafael1119 (59)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Stationery missing when sending email via code
Hi In outlook I have set stationery and signatures under 'Mail Format' tab. The problem is when I send email from another application via code such as Set OutlookApp = New Outlook.Application Set EM = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) The email ignores the stationery. What is the problem and how can I make the stationery work even when mail is sent via code? Many Thanks Regards See Eric's sample at = http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archive/2005/07/21/7581.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Us...

emailed report is blank
I want to email a report that will send info on the record that was just filled out and also save and clear the record for the next person. I have a couple problems. 1. the record is blank when it arrives in the email 2. the info is not erased. I have a button that "on click" has a macro attached to run the report and send it but I am not sure why the report is blank and where to put the code to clear the form. ...

HTML emails hang on forwards/replies
We send out HTML wrapped emails to our clients quite often and they need to be reviewed. Reviewing them warrants that they get forwarded or replied to. Every time we try Outlook (XP) hangs. I've noticed that if we turn off MS Word as the email editor it works. But turning that off messes up the formatting of the original email body. When viewing these emails the entire body of the email is filled. The background color changes etc. They look great but really confuse MS Word when trying to reply or forward. I've told folks to turn off MS Word email editor temporarily when they ha...

DST update for Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003
I am seeing a lot of confusion and am trying to provide our Exchange Admin and Help Desk Staff with some guidance. I would like to confirm the following order for the DST updates. 1. The Windows 2003 OS on the Exchange Server has already been updated. All of our Outlook users on on Outlook 2003. 2. We need to run the update against the mailboxes as relying on our users to do so would be fiasco in the making. Does the Windows XP SP2 instance on each workstation need updated before we run the update against the mailboxes? 3. We have a group of people whom only use Outlook Web Access ...

not receiving email
I recently installed Windows 7 32 bit on my computer. I configured my website's email address for POP3 access through my cpanel and created the account for it in Windows Live Mail (as I've done several times before). I cannot receive or send email at all. This has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have webmail access to the account? Can you send from there? How long has it been since you setup the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "AM" <AM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CFA063-D089-4491-94D0-449B4F923C88@microso...

ADDING A NUMBER

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

When adding attachments...

emails in inbox disappeared. How to get them back?
"Christine French" <ChristineFrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FA97BA-EEF5-4780-9902-3158D68B06A6@microsoft.com... > Please write your DETAILED (including version of Outlook, type of email account, Windows version and Service pack level) question in this BIG WHITE SPACE. Thank you. Try View-Current View-Messages ...

Outlook 2003 on XP RPC error
After installing Outlook 2003 on an XP system that was connecting to Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP just fine, I get an error starting Outlook stating "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. For more information, contact your system administrator." When I click OK, I get "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Then a box to confirm the name comes up and when I click check name I get "The name could not be ...

email accounts
I've Just created a new, second email account, using a different email address with the same username and password my isp gave me when I set up my first one. The problem is how can I see the new accounts emails? I've sent emails to the new account but when I try to access them using "Windows Mail" (I'm running Vista) I get nothing? If I send an email from my first account to my first account it comes through ok! Help I'm Baffled!!!! -- omer Back up, Bucko. Did you create this new email address on your own or did you work with your ISP to create it?...

adding new records

Inbox doesn't show new emails in Outlook 2007
When I am looking in the Inbox and new emails arrive they don't appear although the number of unread emails in the Inbox increases. I have to select another folder and then return to the Inbox to see the new emails. -- Peter Saxton from London peter@petersaxton.co.uk What kind of email account? Do you have any anti-virus Outlook plugin disabled, especially AVG's? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "peter@petersaxton.co.uk" <peter@petersaxton.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9vb82hg7m14to2ep3pr3qkh761bbo0k3d@4ax.com: > When I am looking in the Inbo...

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Retrieving deleted email #2
How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for all your help ccfelice@gmail.com <ccfelice@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed > that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover > deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my > email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for al...

Exchange SBS2003
Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to notice that we couldnt recieve new emails, but we are still able to send them out. When I looked at the monitoring it says "critical State" "stopped". I checked all the setting that I know of, restarted the MTA then I restarted the whole computer and still doesnt work. Can anyone help. "=?Utf-8?B?RGltYQ==?=" <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:260D1406-B154-42E4-8AAD-4814202EDFBC@microsoft.com: > Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I began to > not...

Adding alternate columns

Suspect Employee
We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email policy. Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? I do not have his password because they are forced to change it every 60 days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:06:01 -0700, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email >policy. > >Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? > >I do not have his password because they are forced to chan...

I don't have a "drop down" arrow to choose an email
I have Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) Corporate or Workgroup I have 4 email addresses that I want to use. When sending an email, how do I have the opportunity to choose which account it is from? I don't have a drop down arrow, nor a "send email using" option.. HELP! If I recall correctly those options don't exist in Outlook 2000. Can you upgrade to a newer version? Outlook XP (2002) and 2003 both include a "Send Using" capability that is quite good. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable ...

Email Archiving Best Practices
Can anyone recommend an Email Archiving Best Practices quide. We need to implement policy to control our every growing information stores. We want to creat policy for quotas, migrating email, retention etc. I am looking for a good resource document to jump start our effort. Thanks, Mike I'm not aware of any best practice because practices vary so greatly, with none being "best" because it depends on your own business requirements. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wr...