Adding an SMTP contact to a group in AD/GAL

Hello eveyone,

I am trying to add a regular contact (a pager with a standard SMTP address
to a distribution group in Exchange). When I send an email to the group, I
get the following error:The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Primary Pager on 8/2/2005 2:56 PM
The e-mail address could not be found.  Perhaps the recipient moved to a
different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address.  Check
the address and try again.
<mailserver #5.1.0>

How can I add the pager to this group and not have the SMTP issue? We really
need to have the pager in place as a failsafe.

Thanks in advance as always!

can you send a message to just that address, if you address is manually?  if
that works, there's no reason it should not work as a member of the group...

"Vitaly Markovsky" <VitalyMarkovsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0B3ECE64-19C5-4A0C-A878-7F4D5901CA8E@microsoft.com...
> Hello eveyone,
>
> I am trying to add a regular contact (a pager with a standard SMTP address
> to a distribution group in Exchange). When I send an email to the group, I
> get the following error:The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
> Primary Pager on 8/2/2005 2:56 PM
> The e-mail address could not be found.  Perhaps the recipient moved to a
> different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address.
Check
> the address and try again.
> <mailserver #5.1.0>
>
> How can I add the pager to this group and not have the SMTP issue? We
really
> need to have the pager in place as a failsafe.
>
> Thanks in advance as always!

0
sconkey (3059)

Redirect /Forwarding to external SMTP address Rules not working
HI to all I am trying fire a rule in outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 SP3) When a mail arrives forward to external SMTP ( mail address in Personal Address Book) these rule is not firing but i am able to forward it to my internal address. Thx in advance. Kbnreddy. Can you manually forward the mail to the external address? "NarsaReddy" <kchittin@ks2.stph.net> wrote in message news:OHZWzOUnDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HI to all > > > I am trying fire a rule in outlook 2000 (Exchange 2000 SP3) > > When a mail arrives forward to external SMTP ( mail add...

smtp / imf

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Contacts
Is there a way to create a household contact For example, I have one common home phone number, email address, and street address for a couple in my contact list. I would like to enter individual names and birthday dates but only one anniversary date and have all dates show up on my calendar If possible, can this idea be expanded to childrens names and birthdays fo rthe same household? ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

??WINDOWS 7 Discussion Groups
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Is for XP microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Is for Vista Which Group us is for 7 Microsoft is transitioning from newsgroups to the new web-based forums. For Windows 7, please see: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > > Is for XP > > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general > > Is for Vista > > Which Group us is for 7 On 8/1/2010 1:56 AM, BoazBoaz wrote: > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general > >...

Problem sending smtp mail to some domains
Hi I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i use an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to same smtp address. can anyone help me. Thank you Regards check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming from. The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP th...

How to delete all calender,tasks,notes,contacts from outlook?
Looks like even after I deleted my outlook program. There is still a database saved. How do I delete all data so I can start with a fresh blank outlook? you can either create a new one or delete the profile and pst - see control panel, mail applet. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Mes...

Windows 7 Groups?
So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this server? No, and there aren't likely to be any. Windows 7 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/ "Tom Pamin" <scnrfrq@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23h9247rZKHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : So far I can't locate any Windows 7 newsgroups. Are there any on this : server? alt.windows7.general -- housetrained@hotmail.com "Any teacher that can be replaced by a computer, deserves to be." - David Thornberg "Tom Pa...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Association an Activity to an Account AND a Contact.
Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact and an Account? Yes, except for tasks. With the others you can use Regarding for the Account and the Contact would be in the Recipient field. If there is a "JMC" <JMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51AC9E41-31C6-44A7-AEC9-CBD40A330231@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure CRM to associate an activitiy to both a Contact > and an Account? ...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons
My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I click To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. "Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:704AD8A0-D531-41ED-9FD8-9273F90E4F2D@microsoft.com... > My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in > Outlook > and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I > click > To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. Version of Outlook? How did you transfer y...

Contacts list, what is the best way?
I have a customer whom is running SBS 2003. They would like to setup a global contacts list that all authenticated users can add to and modify. This list must be available to everyone; Using Outlook 2003 internally. Using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP. Using OWA. What is the best solution here? Should I create a new global list under all users? Should I create a contacts list in public folders? Thanks in advance, Tony You'll probably need to look into this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272198/en-us Nue "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How do I get two sets of contacts in Outlook
I want to dump all my Act! contacts into a seperate database of contacts that is different from my current contacts in Outlook 2003. How do I do this?? Thanks in advance! You can create a separate folder for for the new contacts, or you put them in the main Contacts folder and use categories or some other criteria to group or filter the Act contacts when needed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:7EC0E28A-4F04-445E-9C31-560D203988CA@microsoft.com, ...