Add Replication to All Public Folders at Once

I have ~400 public folders, and we are mirgrating Exchange to a
dedicated server.  I need to add replication for all those folders to
my new server, but I don't want to go through each individual folder
and add the replication for the new server.  Is there a way I can add
the replication for all folders at once?  Or is there a way I can
script it?

If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level
folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to
push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push.

--
Teresa Appelgate
Exchange User Education

****** Disclaimers ******

purposes only.

"DrStrangepork" <rickKasten@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have ~400 public folders, and we are mirgrating Exchange to a
> dedicated server.  I need to add replication for all those folders to
> my new server, but I don't want to go through each individual folder
> and add the replication for the new server.  Is there a way I can add
> the replication for all folders at once?  Or is there a way I can
> script it?

0
tereap (13)
9/29/2004 3:58:25 PM
"Teresa Appelgate [MSFT]" <tereap@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level
>folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to
>push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push.

And you'd better hope that all the folders should have the same
replica list, because that's what gonna happen. If there are folders
with different sets of servers in the replica list you'll have a real
mess to clean up after you push the parent folder replica list to the
chilsd folders.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Rick

"Teresa Appelgate [MSFT]" <tereap@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<eLn#n0jpEHA.516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level
> folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to
> push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push.

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Creating Replicas of Public Folders from another forest
Hi We have just migrated our Exchange 5.5 organisation to 2003 - following the deployment tools etc. All went well. Now we have to merge another forest's exchange with ours - well, create a replica of their public folders onto our Exchange Server. Once this is in place we will join the users (only 10) from the other forest with ours. We are not using the ADMT as we thought we would just create new accounts etc for them in our forest. What is the best way to replicate these public folders to our domain? Regards and thanks Ashleigh -- IT Administrator You should be able to u...

Public Stores errors
I have a public folder store error that occurs each time I try to mount the database. THe error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 I have change the permission according to article 823022. I can't place my finger on it but it's like there is something with AD or IIS that's stopping my from mounting the public store database. Here are the rights: Administrators: Full Control Authenticated Users: Read and Ex...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add on

files in OLK folder not being deleted
I having problems with Outlook 2003 not displaying graphics embeded within an email. I've deleted all files in the OLK folder and it works for a few days then I have to delete the files again. I've also tried deleting the folder completely and still the problem returns after a few days use. I thought these were temporary files that should be deleted automatically after the email or Outlook is closed. Why are they not being deleted? I've applied the latest Office patches etc. Hope someone has an answer to the problem. Regards, Lester Bennett Lester Bennett <lbennett@entc...

Resolving addresses from contacts folder
Hi, How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up in the Address Book? These email addresses show as underlined in the contacts folder but yet dont appear in the address book. Thanks for any help Ramesh Your contacts folder is set to be viewed as an address book? It should be! Resolving addresses works differently. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:%23p0C$jflIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up > in the Address Book? These...

Problem with outgoing emails not moving to the sent items folder
Hi all, I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but stay in my outbox and keep sending themselves with out moving to the sent items folder. I get incoming emails fine but this is causing my mates grief. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul I had the same problem and found out that it was MacAfee Antivirus scanning your outgoing email that caused the trouble. I turned it off and all is well. good luck >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but >stay in my outbo...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

How to creat hyperlink to a folder?
I am trying to create a link to our website so that when a user click on the link, it opens a folder (album) where users can see a photos. You don't write a link to a folder...you write the link to a file. You can produce web formatted albums using javascript such as JAlbum, or you can simply link to the different image files. Reference: How to Thumbnail in Publisher Web Publications : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/pages/80553.aspx If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Can't see e-mails in shared folder
I am using Outlook 2007 on an Exchange 2003 server and can open a shared folder from another user. I can read all of the e-mails listed there except for the ones from "System Administrator" (usually the undeliverables). The e-mails open but there is nothing in them. All of the other e-mails in this folder open just fine. And the owner of the folder can open and read these e-mails. Am I (or the owner) missing a setting somewhere? Or is this a setting on the Exchange server that won't allow System Administrator messages to be read by anyone other than the origin...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

exch2003 "internet newsgroup" public folder, how to delete it?
Hi there, Just newly built exchange2003 server, by default there is a public folder called "internet newsgroup", in which seems useless to me & I would like to delete it, but can't. Wondering how can I delete this public folder? Many thanks! I do not know of a way to remove this folder. However, you can hide it from view in Outlook by using the Client Permissions button on the folder in Exchange System Manager (i.e. disable the 'folder visible' right). -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com &...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Outlook 2000 Task Folders
I created new folders under the task folder for other tasks but when I put task in the new files I created they don't show up on my task manager, I can't set reminders and if I assign a task and the person sends me an update report it does not register because it says it is not in my task folder or calendar. How do I set up different task folders and still have the same funcions as when I set up tasks in my orignal task folder??? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Outlook only supports these functions for the Tasks folder in your default message store. If you...