Add Mailbox Error

Error trying to add a mailbox

Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2000

When trying to add a mailbox (Right Click Mailbox > Properties > Advanced
button > Advanced tab > Add button) we get this generic message:

"The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed"

I was assuming it was a permissions issue and added Authenticated Users the
Search right to the Server in Exchange Manager. However the issue still
exists.

Clicking the “Add” button immediately produces the error message. The Add
Mailbox window never appears.

0
Joe (497)

Hi Joe

First of all, that's an outlook problem - anyway.
Create a new outlook profile and try to add the mailbox again.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

--
Regards
Pano Boschung

"Joe" wrote:

> Error trying to add a mailbox
>
> Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2000
>
> When trying to add a mailbox (Right Click Mailbox > Properties > Advanced
> button > Advanced tab > Add button) we get this generic message:
>
> "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed"
>
> I was assuming it was a permissions issue and added Authenticated Users the
> Search right to the Server in Exchange Manager. However the issue still
> exists.
>
> Clicking the “Add” button immediately produces the error message. The Add
> Mailbox window never appears.

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

Copy to clipdoard error
If I select a collection of cells in a spreadsheet I frequently work with and do a copy, I always get the error message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". I do not understand that it is copying this as a picture. I rund WinXP Prof. on a new Centrino Laptop with plenty of memory. How can I get rid of this? Cheers, Thorbjorn Hi Thorbjorn Try this link; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=x lw Careful of word wrap ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Exce...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I move an Exchange mailbox from one user to another?
I'm new to Exchange and my first task proved to be a bit more than I could chew: One of my users, lets call her Annie, has two NT accounts in my domain: AnnieA and AnnieB. AnnieA has email address AnnieA@MyDomain.com and AnnieB doesn't have email. Now I want to remove account AnnieA and let AnnieB inherit AnnieA's email address and mail box. How do I do this? Thanks! /Carl What version of Exchange? In 5.5 you can just go to the mailbox properties and change the user account associated with the mailbox. In 2000 you use ADU&C to right click >exchange tasks >remove mai...

Run time error
Can some kind person explain why this code produces Run time Error 1004 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.count, "A").End(x1Up).row -- jee22@msm.cam.ac.uk Materials Science & Metallurgy Ext 34346 sorry I should have included all the code as follows Dim c, n, row, e, col As Integer Dim LastRow As Long Dim t, celladdr As String Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = ActiveSheet With wks LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row End With It is the LastRow = that is generating the error Thanks "jee22" <jee22@msm.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message news:cd5he6$qpt$1@pe...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Public Stores errors
I have a public folder store error that occurs each time I try to mount the database. THe error is: The store could not be mounted because the Active Directory information was not replicated yet. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object. ID no:c1041722 I have change the permission according to article 823022. I can't place my finger on it but it's like there is something with AD or IIS that's stopping my from mounting the public store database. Here are the rights: Administrators: Full Control Authenticated Users: Read and Ex...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Exchange 2003 Error
I haven't been able to find any postings about this one yet, if anyone could help us out we'd appreciate it... We've removed the old Exchange 5.5 server from our Exchange organization. Now we have only our Exchange 2003 server running and it is running fine, except for an event log error related to the Active Directory Connector. It is Error # 8026 and says LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory (Old Server) for distinguished name 'domain\account'. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. (Connection Agreement 'Users: Our FQDN - Site\Organization'...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

how to find mailbox mode for unicode issue
I am receiving some crazy characters in return emails. Is it unicode issue? If so, how to resolve? I followed Microsoft online help for Determine Exchange mailbox mode, and cannot see Mailbox Mode under Advanced tab. What version of Exchange and Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & E...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Error & Crash in GP 10 (0xe0434f4d)
Only one of our users get this error - 0xe0434f4d, usually after lunch every day. And we normally have 10-15 users logged in who go all day without getting errors. A few of them perform the same functions as the user does. Mostly she is in sales order entry updating orders. Some of the data entry for instance to pull up the items she's working on is done with a bar code scanner (the same as most of the other users). I've captured the SQL statements and nothing spectacular is going on when she crashes & there is no pattern there. I keep sending the dumps to Microsoft but I ...

Error Code0x8004210a
Outlook will send receive email when the computer is first turned on, but after that it will display the error msg.0x8004210a. All updates & patches are installed, Symantec Antivirus outging e-mail is turned off, as is Norton firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Garry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook will send receive email when the computer is first > turned on, but after that it will display the error > msg.0x8004210a. All updates & patches are installed, > Symantec Antivirus outging e-mail is turned off, as is > Norton fi...

Mail not visible in shared mailbox
Outlook 2k3 sp2 talking to exchange 2k3 sp2. We have a shared mailbox. If I go to a users desk, create a profile to that shared mailbox, and open it, I see all mail properly. That is, the message count in the inbox says 19, 2 unread, I see 19 and the 2 unread. If I create a new profile, and point it to the users own mailbox, open it, add in the shared mailbox, the shared mailbox will show a message count of say, 19, but only 12 emails will be visible. Also, the unread mail count shows, but the unread mail does not. So far, I have tried the /cleanviews switch on the shared mailbox, a...

Map Add-On?

External Error
Dear all, recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and clients can work well, but the CRM System cannot work, the dialog will appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and Active Directory.") Then I reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attachDB to attach the original CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software. After that, the problem remains. I want to know (1) Which object ? (2) where to verify? (3) How to correct? Please u...