ADC

Hello,

I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with
Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000
server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4
server?

Thanks very much

0
wongcna1 (3)

You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4.  The 5.5 server will run on
NT 4 and that's fine.

"wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with
> Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000
> server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4
> server?
>
> Thanks very much

Thanks Al Mulnick

:-)

"Al Mulnick" <amulnick_No_SPAM@ncDOTrr.com> wrote in message
> You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4.  The 5.5 server will run
> on NT 4 and that's fine.
>

> "wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with
>> Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000
>> server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4
>> server?
>>
>> Thanks very much

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...

ADC
Hello, I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000 server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4 server? Thanks very much You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4. The 5.5 server will run on NT 4 and that's fine. "wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e05nMq6qEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with > Active Directory. Do...

Removing ADC
If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any services? Thanks Kit No. "Kit Cheng" <skc@irmphila.com> wrote in message news:OKNNIX74EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any > services? > > Thanks > > Kit > Hi, thanks for your quick respond. I've posted another question but have no answer yet. Below is my other questions: I'm actually in the process of installing Exchange 2003 on a new box now. I am running Exchange 2000 currently and ha...

ADC -- Where is it?
Hi -- I thought that before I was able to use the Exchange System Manager to look and see the Active Directory Connector, but now I can't find it. (I have an Exchange 5.5 and a Exchagne 2003 running together with a 2 way ADC.) Where is the ADC located? I have been having some directory sync problems, and I wanted to look at the ADC, but now I can't find it. I wonder if it's disappeared? Thanks, Blake Blakester: It's me again... I don't recall being able to administer ADC from within ESM. On the server running the ADC, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft ...

Exchange 5.5 - ADC
Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003. I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange 2003 server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to route to the exchange 2003 server. Until I retire the 5.5 and move the connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions: 1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just turn circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific? Where do the log files r...

ADC issue
I get the following error in adc tool log after i run adc tool how can i fix this.. Matched 'cn=JFOGEL,cn=Recipients,ou=NY01,o=EX01' to 'CN=JENNA FOGEL,OU=Users,OU=5th,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=US1,DC=local' based on SID. In the last exciting episode, "cs" <chanbushah4@hotmail.com> wrote: >I get the following error in adc tool log after i run adc tool how can i fix >this.. > >Matched 'cn=JFOGEL,cn=Recipients,ou=NY01,o=EX01' to 'CN=JENNA >FOGEL,OU=Users,OU=5th,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=US1,DC=local' based on SID. Doesn't look like an error. I...

adc reading
how to read adc from mini2440 using vb.net and plat form is wince5 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Distributed Data Grids - Share Objects Between Windows Service and ASP.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/953ed61f-e440-4ca5-8b7a-1bb00e33db07/distributed-data-grids-.aspx That is going to be very specific to your system. You will need to ask your vendor. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com <ramesh tandi> w...

Exchange Migration ADC
I have exchange 5.5 and I am migrating to exchange 2003 I have run Forest prep and domain prep and establish the connection agreements between 5.5 and AD using ADC everything replicated fine except for one user he had two mailbox assigned to him and I forgot to assign the NTDSNOmatch attribute to the secondary mailbox. Now I have a problem which is the secondary mailbox has been assigned to his AD user account and his primary has been assigned to another user account created by ADC. I would like to assign the user account to his Primary mailbox how can I achieve that and assign the s...

ADC- Moving connection agreements from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I'm at the part of my deployment where the wizard says I should point my ADC CA's (currently pointing to Exchange 5.5) to Exchange 2003. I have a windows 2000 domain with exchange 5.5 going to exchange 2003 and I am doing coexistence. I tested the CA change with the Public Folders and the event log indicated new items had replicated even though no one has touched the exchange server. I haven't had a close look at what the objects were, but they were not public folders. Anyway, before I change the CA for users I'd like to know if anyone else changed their ADC CA's to point t...

Removing the ADC
I am in the process of removing my last (and only) 5.5 server from my mixed mode org that now has a 2003 exchange server. I am following the KB article 272314 "Preparing a mixed mode organization for conversion to native mode". All of my SRS are gone, but I still have a Config_CA on my ADC service. I cannot find a way to remove the Config_CA. What do I do? Is it safe to go ahead and remove the ADC service with a Config_CA still in there? Thanks, Nick Hi Nick, you need to uninstall Exchange 5.5 to uninstall the Config_CA for that site. You won't be able to uninstall t...

ADC to multiple exchange 5.5 organizations. #2
Hello, My company was recently involved in a merger. Prior to the merger we were in the process of migrating to exchange 2003 from 5.5. I now have the responsibility of collapsing the new companies 5.5 org into our current 5.5/2003 org. Am I able to setup multiple ADC's? Basically one ADC for current 5.5/2003 organization and another ADC for the new 5.5 organization? Thanks for your replies! ...

Do I need ADC?
We currently have Exchange 5.5 running on a W2K member server in an NT 4 domain. We will soon be migrating to a W2K3 AD domain; we do not plan on upgrading Exchange and will eventually move to another product. Will I need ADC for the short time that we will have 5.5 in the 2003 AD domain? I've read that it is necessary if you plan to upgrade, but as I said we won't be....thanks. Not required. You will just have to use the exchange administrator on the nt4 member server to add mailboxes and match it to the account in AD. "David Mendes" <someone@here.com> ...

ADC Help
I have a New win2k DC on my network and I would like to use ADC so I can create or delete mail accounts from Active directory. I have read a few articles and it says to use the latest version of ADC but I cant seem to find it anywhere on the web. I have one version of ADC on my win2k server CD but it is not the latest version. TIA Josh Why not use the one from the E2003 SP1 download? On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:46:56 -0500, "Josh Sawyer" <jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote: >I have a New win2k DC on my network and I would like to use ADC so I can >create or delete ...

Broken ADC ?
I worked on migrating our SBS Exchange 5.5 to our new SBS Exchange2k3 over the weekend. I didn't get all the work done, so I just turned the 2k3 server off, tested sending internal mail from client to client then went home. This morning, it would seem that internet mail isn't going out. Here's the message error I'm getting. 'fish@greenkoi.com' on 4/26/04 9:44 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=AVA;l=SERVER-040426174411Z-127 MSEXCH:IMS:AVA:SERVER:SERVER ...

Backing up the ADC
We want to upgrade our ADC to Exchange 2003 SP1 version. Is there any special process for backing it up? (i.e. open files, should we shut the ADC service off first, do a system state etc.) We just want to make sure we get a good backup, not just garbage... often our guys do a file backup, ignore open files, and assume we can restore. Thanks. ...

ADM and ADC
Hi all I can migrate a users mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 this part is working, but when i try and migrate the same users NT account using ADMT to AD, the accoutn migrates over, but the account no longer has the users mailbox associated with the account. I tell the ADMT to rename the account becaue the users alreeayd has a disabled accoutn in AD be menas of the ADC. Where am i going wrong here? Can i migrate the user accoutn with ADMT and selct not to rename it? will doing this keep the mailbox association with the newly migratged NT to AD account? WOW what a pain this process is Thansk ...

ADC Error
I am received an error on step 4, Connection Agreement Wizard, of the ADC tools. Error: The organization o=xxxx is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=yyyy. Please choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org. I am the new administrator for this shop and I believe the old administrator tried to install Exchange 2000. What needs to be done to fix this problem? Yes, it sounds like an Exchange 2000 ForestPrep has been performed which will have created an Organization object in your Active Directory. If you're sure you don't ha...

Do I need to install 'ADC' for this upgrade path?
Good day, I have been trying to sponge up as much information as possible prior to doing an inplace upgrade to 2003 Server from NT 4.0 and I have one question with regards to this upgrade and Exchange 5.5 on a Member server. I was under the impression that once I upgrade my PDC to 2003 (w/nt4emulator=1) this change over would be transparent to the users (seeing as all SIDS remain constant) and they would be able to access all resources etc. on the network (including exchange mailboxes). I've read a few posts about people installing the ADC tools so their DCs can properly communicate wit...

ADC
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 in an NT4 domain on a Win2K SP3 server. I have a parallel network with active directory and full trusts between the two. I have a new Win2K SP4 server on which I will someday install Exchange 2000 and then move my mailboxes from the 5.5 to this - if I can get over the myriad hurdles I keep hitting... Anyway, this AD connector - I should install it on my 5.5 server? No? Yes? I've tried and it just doesn't do anything. Let me elaborate - I pop the CD into the drive and when the menu pops up, I click the AD connector install button. And then..... Nothing ...

When can i Take Down ADC
I have moved all the Mailbox's, Config's and Public folder using PFMIGRATE from single site, INTRA ORG exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration. All the ADC CA i created are still working and doing there job, when can i take it down or what is the procedure to disable them without harming any functionality. Thakns SIN Sin: Are you ready to shutdown and remove your last Exchange 5.5 server? Run Setup and remove your Exchange 5.5 servers from your organization, give the ADC's Config CA time to run, then the CAs, then remove the service. Once you have done that, you can log...

ADC
Hi I have a number of admins that need to be able to create mai=ADlbox/mail enabled objects. We run W2K SP4 / EX 5.5 The ADC Management component is running on the DC's and the =ADADC service runs on a dedicated server. We want user admin to be done through AD U+C where possible.=AD When we create users some admins are prompted to select a mailbox st=ADore for the users they create, others aren't. - Why? What are the requirements for creating mailbox/mail enabled =ADobjects from an Active Directory user and computer snap in running o=ADn an admins PC. Also what does the exch...

ADC Tools
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all After running the ADC install from the Exchange 2003 CD, I've run the = ADC Tools and been through step 1 to 3, but step 4 "Run the Connection = Agreement Wizard" button is greyed out Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus ------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYP...