ADC - What do I need

Hi

I have a number of admins that need to be able to create mai=ADlbox/mail

enabled objects.
We run W2K SP4 / EX 5.5

The ADC Management component is running on the DC's and the =ADADC
service runs on a dedicated server.

We want user admin to be done through AD U+C where possible.=AD When we
create users some admins are prompted to select a mailbox st=ADore for
the users they create, others aren't. - Why?

What are the requirements for creating mailbox/mail enabled =ADobjects
from an Active Directory user and computer snap in running o=ADn an
admins PC.

Also what does the exchange services group do/ what rights d=ADoes it
confer on users.=20

Many thanks in advance=20
Mike

We have no Exchange 2000/2003 servers in yet - we still run 5.5. We are
prompted to select which server rather than storage group to host the
mailbox. But again we only see this in some cases.

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Need to Block Sender/Domain?
I am using outlook express and want to block a user by name or domain. It is junk mail. I am using XP but when I select any mail then message the 'Blocker Sender' option is not available, light gray rather than black text to select. I cannot get the option for any of my mail. I have also tried to block the sender or domain through hotmail, I know in the past I was able to block addresses, but cannot now. On hotmail I go to options, mail, but there is no option to block sender. How do I bock a sender or domain, has there been a change on how to do via outlook and the hotmail site? I...

ISO Creation Software Needed
Dear All, Recenlty I've been helping a few people out, when there machines crash, by pulling all there data of the drivers, documents, pictures, etc.. then I have been burning the stuff out to give back to them... A majority of the time the information is well over dvd capacity sizes and I'm having to sit there and manually move stuff around to fit the dvd's to not waste space on them..Like creating DVD1, dragging files into the folder, DVD2, dragging files into the folder, etc Here is the question, is there any software out there, that I can point to a folder ...

Need help with corrupted resources
For some reason my resources won't load. I get the following error message. I checked the source files and the ID is defined, there is a handler for it, there is a menu ID for it, and there is also a string appearing in the string table as well as the resource symbols list. Since I haven't changed any thing I don't understand why I get this error or how to resolve it. "error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: ID_TOOLS_CALC" This launches a small calculator dialog. Thanks. On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:12:16 GMT, Mark F. wrote: > For some reason my resources won...

RMS needs a bottle redemption feature
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a9779207-491b-4378-a55b-730ac76e8ed7&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Need help on printing a mail merge job in Publisher
I'm creating photo id's in publisher, using a mail merge, but even though I have different records, names, pictures, etc, when I print it will just print a full page of the record I'm at at that moment. Any thoughts? Thanks. ...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

Outlook 98 duplicates needing removed
After nearly an hour of searching I am stumped. I have just reformatted my PC and have reinstalled Outlook 98. I then changed PST file locations to where I have mine stored and when I reopened OL98, I have many many duplicate emails. Is there an easy way for me to get rid of them without going through them one by one. I tried MapiLab but they only have Duplicate Email Remover for v2000 and up IRC. Many thanks To remove extra PST(s) from the folder list: Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 (Corporate Mode) - On the Tools menu, click Services. - Highlight Personal Folders service you want to rem...

Formula Advice Needed
I am trying to do the following: Look up a numerical value in column G from another sheet and find the match G in current sheet... if that is true then Look up a numerical value in column F and find a match in current sheet... if that is true than check to see if column C on current sheet is between the numbers in columns B and C on the other sheet... If all are true, put what is in column H on the other sheet into the current cell. Column H is text. I tried a Sum Product, but it giives me 0 since column H is text. Is there any other ideas? bump "Brad_A" wrote: > I a...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules
I have been give the two modules below, both of which perform some validation on certain cells. The first one stops anybody from trying to remove set data validation by way of pasting into the cell (one of data validation's flaws) the second one stops anybody from deleting or leaving a cell blank when they should be selecting a value from a list. As you can see, the first part of each module starts "Worksheet_Change" so VB doesn't like this. How do I go about merging both my modules so it works? thanks _First_Module_ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) &...

What version do I need?
I've bought the wrong version of Money. I have been using an OEM version of Money 2004. I've been getting error messages and having problems with it, so I thought it was time to upgrade. I bought Money Essentials, which is horrible. I do not want to do on-line banking. I want a program like Money 2004 where I can manually enter debits & credits, have the program keep a running balance for me, and be able to reconcile and balance a statement manually. Money Essentials will not do any of that. Will the Deluxe or Premium version be what I'm looking for (ie similar to Mon...

Help! Need to respond to everyone in my Inbox....
Is there a way I can send an email to everyone in my inbox? I am the editor of a new literary journal and I need to send out a short notification to all the writers who submitted their work. I have received 170 emails and I need to send a bulk email to all of them at the same time. The only way I can think of doing it is to manually open each email, copy the email address, and paste it into my address book. But that way I would be manually building my address book, when I'm looking for a way to do it all at once. If there isn't a way to do it, is there a shortcut? Is there so...

Need help importing a .pst file
Ho boy...I think I might have royally screwed up here. Short story: - Using Outlook 2002. - Prior to the reformat, I backed up my .PST file (held under my former user account) to DVD using NTI Backup NOW! - Reformatted drive. Re-created user account using same name as old one. - Restored .pst file. Checked file attributes, read only unchecked. - Tried to import .pst from HD, outlook continually tells me I don't have the authority to do it. Both old, pre- format account and new account have admiistrator access. Anything I can do? Or are those emails lost forever? Thanks for th...

Urgent Help needed
I have a workbook I have been working on a few hours, forgot to save lately and accidentally did the unthinkable..... I did a "replace all" on about 30 entire columns, replace all blank cells with zero.... not good. It has been going about ten minutes, I calculated the rate of time to complete to be 37 days.... I dont want to do an "end task" and shut down Excel without saving, anything I can do to stop the process? -- shadestreet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shadestreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

Update query help needed
DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] SET [LastOrderDate]=#" & Me.OrderDate & "#" How can I alter this query to include critera to only update a single record? I have this avaiable on the form this code is behind: me.CustomerID Any way to include that criteria in the above query? Thanks D DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] SET [LastOrderDate]=#" & Me.OrderDate & "# WHERE CustomerID = """ & me.CustomerID & """" OR if customerId is a number field DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] ...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...

Need Template for book
Need to print a book in 1/4 page (8 pages per sheet) for a mini church directory. Any suggestions? Page setup, booklet, input 2.75 width, 2.125 height, landscape. Know your printer margin limitations. You could use postcard stock, no cutting! -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GreenDragon" <GreenDragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF7177B8-4650-4DC3-A24F-DDAA4E5E2F2D@microsoft.com... > Need to print a book in 1/4 page (8 pages per sheet) for a mini church > directory. Any sugg...

How to eliminate the need to sign in to My Money 2005?
I just upgraded my PC and my new one has My Money 2005 (was using 2003). I never had to log in/sign in to money while using 2003, but can't figure out how to eliminate this need to sign in to 2005. I'm the only user on this computer so I don't need to worry much about some one else trying to access this program. How can I set up Money 2005 to just open to my accounts automatically, without the need to sign in/log in? THANKS in advance for any help... In microsoft.public.money, Fish wrote: >I just upgraded my PC and my new one has My Money 2005 (was using 2003). I &g...

Macro help needed
all, thanks for any response. I would like to make a macro to take the contents of 3 columns of 20 numbers and letters, and combine them into one column to form a serial number.....this is relevant for a label making program that allows an Excel import. for example A1 Port1 KVM would turn into A1-Port1-KVM any help is appreciated. -- Rich........ my AOL instant messenger shhhbalto use this link to donate a calling card to our troops https://thor.aafes.com/scs/product.aspx?cid=2 this site helps our wounded soldiers adapt http://www.homesforourtroops.org/pages/4/index.htm Fr...

Need help starting a macro
I have a macro I would like to run when a partiuclar sheet is selected in a workbook but cant find where that is covered. I would also like that same macro to run when the sheet is closed and another sheet is opened. Is there such a command in Excel. TIA -- moorso ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moorso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380500 You need an event. Lookup "SheetActivate Event" in Excel's VBA Help file...

need a date look here

In SQL database, do I need to fill in rows under a foreign key attribute?
Say I've made a table in an Oracle SQL database with a primary key column, some attribute columns, and a foreign key column. I have to populate the table with data. For the foreign key column, do I have to populate that as well (using INSERT INTO VALUES, or INSERT INTO - SELECT - FROM), or do I not fill in anything for the foreign key column because it will take data automatically from the other table's primary key? ------=_NextPart_0001_14BCF514 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm not sure how your question relates to Visio, unless you are using t...

Do I need to migrate/replicate the Schema Public Folders to the ne
I am migrating an Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server hardware. I am following a document online from MSexchange.org and a MS article 307917. The MS article does not mention the need to replicate the Schema or schema-root w/ subfolder microsoft containing folders exchangeV1 and default. The MS exchange article indicates that the default and exchangeV1 folders are replicated automatically which it was not. I am a bit confused on what needs or does not need to be replicated to the new server as far as these folders are concerned. I have been trying this migration on a te...

Help Needed: Can't print pictures in html emails (OL-2000)
Hi Group, I'm having a problem printing pictures imbedded in html emails received in Outlook 2000. The print preview function is dimmed, and perhaps it always was with html files, but I used to be able to print both the text and pictures. Now, only the text prints, and the images print as the familiar small box and cross icon. Maybe it is unrelated, but I recently upgraded from IE5 to IE6. Thanks for your help. -- Pete -------------------------------------- Lat: 42� 53' S Lon: 147� 19' E "What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing" (Aristotle) "To think too...