ADC Tools

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240

Hi all
After running the ADC install from the Exchange 2003 CD, I've run the =
ADC Tools and been through step 1 to 3, but step 4 "Run the Connection =
Agreement Wizard" button is greyed out

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Marcus

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After running the ADC install from the =
Exchange=20
2003 CD, I've run the&nbsp;ADC Tools and been through step 1 to 3, but =
step 4=20
"Run the Connection Agreement Wizard" button is greyed out</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help greatly =
appreciated</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Marcus</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C5053B.41E7B240--

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for posting here.

Firstly, I would like to know your current environment. Whether the
Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 are in the same organization, or you are
under an inter-org migration.

The ADC setup wizard only supports the situation when the two Exchange
servers are in the same org. If not, we have to create a Connection
Agreement (CA) manually, to do so:

-- Open ADC snap-in
-- Select File/New/Recipient Connection Agreement
-- Input name, and then switch to Advanced tab
-- Select "This is an inter-org Connection Agreement"
-- Finish the rest steps. For more information, please refer to

Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316886

Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide (Chapter 4: Migrating from Exchange
Server 5.5)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/depguide.
mspx

If the problem still persists in the setup wizard and the Exchange servers
are in the same org, as you know, we must pass Step 3 prior to Step 4.
After finishing each step, we can see the result in the information
textbox. So, I would like to know the results of Step 2 and Step 3, what
would give us some clues to this problem. You may also send the log file,
ADCTools.log to me at v-patcai@microsoft.com, so I can do some further
research for you.

Hope the information helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let
me know.

Regards,

Pat Cai
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada. This and
other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

v-patcai (151)

Excell 2007 tool bar
Cannot find the tools on Excel 2007, I know it is there but I cannot find it. Help please, Thanks. Hi Bob See http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Bob from down under" <bobnospam@justmail.biz> wrote in message news:e0vgVDV7IHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Cannot find the tools on Excel 2007, I know it is there but I cannot find > it. Help please, Thanks. > Thank you Ron! "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uNDxIOV7IHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... ...

Error message when trying to access Tools, Options
I recently installed Office 97 on my new computer with WindowsXP. Everything works ok except that when I try to get access to the "Tools, Options" item on the Excel menu, I get an error message that says "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I am able to get access to that same menu item in other Office modules (like Word and Outlook), but it does not work in Excel. Has anyone encountered this or a similar problem and do you know how to fix it? I have tried reinstalling the program, but nothing helps it so far. Hi, This is a known bu...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Tool bar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I note the standard toolbar does not include icons for "copy', "paste" or "cut". Does anyone know if these are available? i know about the shortcut keys but prefer to have the icons as well. Certainly, Clive - View> Customize Toolbars & Menus... You can add/remove/rearrange just about anything you want to whatever you wish - although it's generally recommended that you create your own Custom Toolbars rather than modifying those that are built-in. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] ...

Why is there no Journal listed under Tools/Options (2003)?
I'm trying to have Journal track more of my day by including entries for Excel files, Word documents and Access, when I am in them. The Help Menu says that I should be able to set Journal to record these by going to Tools/Options/Journal. But Journal isn't one of my options.... on the preferences tab, look for the journal options button about halfway down, its between contact options and note options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-s...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

Camera Tool in Excel
Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked picture not change when the data in the original range changes I am trying to create a dashbord, using the camera tool Kind regards Renier van Staden In 2003 I cannot replicate your problem. Which version of Excel and what are the steps you take to create a dashboard? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:37:01 -0700, Renier van Staden <Renier van Staden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked >picture not change when...

Disable macro selections under tools menu
I have macros to automate on a sheet and want to disable the option to run a macro under the tool selection on the menu bar. How would I do this? Thank you Change the macro's declaration from public to private. If you want to hide all of the procedures in a specific module then use Option Private Module at the top of the code module. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Jeremy" wrote: > I have macros to automate on a sheet and want to disable the option to run a > macro under the tool selection on the menu bar. How would I do this? > > &...

Free tools to convert Domino nsf file to Outlook pst
hi there anyone have the software (preferable free) that can convert lotus domino R6 nsf file to Outlook pst file? thanks Have you looked at the types of files that Domino can export to, say = ..csv or .txt, that can be imported into Outlook? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, gbkhor asked: | hi there |=20 | anyone have the software (preferable free) that can convert lotus | domino R6 nsf file to Outlook p...

Exchange (2003) System Management tools on a Windows XP Pro machine
Hi, Am i missing something here? Is it not possible to install the management tools onto a windows XP machine ? I've installed AdminPak.msi so I can administer the 2003 AD. I've installed IIS on my XP machine as per the 'required services' in the setup but when I select the option from the exchange install menu to install System Management tools only I get the following error : [14:32:29] - The NNTP component of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled -- ID:62108 -- [14:32:29] - You cannot install this product on a computer runni...

I cannot get rid of "Fun Tools" toolbar
Hello, I happen to have Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition. In the Outlook program I noticed that one of the toolbars in the "New Mail" screen is called "Fun Tools". I cannot tell for sure, but this does not seem to be a standard Microsoft toolbar. If I remove the toolbar from the "New Mail" window, it comes back again after a while. The problem persists even after re-installing Office. Could anyone please tell me if they have had a similar problem? Albert http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/8793-1.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...

Tool monitorizar Queue
Boas, Procuro uma pequena tool que me alerte quando uma queue de mail tem mais de XX mail's para entregar. Existe? Qual ? Obg Fatias "fatias" <fatias@hotpop.com> wrote in news:u6aQoeygFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Boas, > Procuro uma pequena tool que me alerte quando uma queue de mail tem > mais de XX mail's para entregar. > Existe? Qual ? Hello, A troca tem algum constru�do na monitora��o que o alertar� se uma fila crescer demasiado. Eu sugeriria olh�-la. Voc� pode ter a sorte melhor em seu grupo espec�fico da l�ngua. Considera��o, -- Arlo...

REMOVAL OF TOOL BARS
I NEED HELP ON HOW TO REMOVE "Hot" tool bars from outlook express.. This bar was downloaded to add emoticons and was downloaded by mistake. please advise Go to Control Panels and choose Add/Remove programs. You should be able to uninstall it there. It might be called MyWebSearch, HotBar, or one of several other names. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies ...

Missing Tools Menu Item
Home Use Program installed Office Pro 2003 and is missing the Tools menu item to restore deleted items. Anyone experience this or know what to do? This option only exists when you are connected to an Exchange server -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Pam B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037201c49137$67bb6660$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Home Use Program installed Office Pro 2003 and is missing > the To...

Looking for PowerPoint collaboration tools?
Hi, if you ever need to create PowerPoint presentations with a team of other users, then I am happy to let you know about a software solution that is about to be released which makes that kind of collaboration very fast and easy. If you would like to try it out then drop me a line at themarchorne@gmail.com and I can fill you in on all the details and provide you with an account to try the service out. ...

ADC
Hello, I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000 server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4 server? Thanks very much You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4. The 5.5 server will run on NT 4 and that's fine. "wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e05nMq6qEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with > Active Directory. Do...

Tool Bar
Everytime I open Excel (2002) I keep getting the Reviewing Toolbar to open. To remove it I rightclick on the bar and uncheck it and it disappears. But keeps reappearing when I open other files? Any ideas how to get rid of it. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0009.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Anat" <Anat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9575F9ED-C718-47CE-91A4-F0CF6E36E6D5@microsoft.com... > Everytime I open Excel (2002) I keep getting the Reviewing Toolbar to open. > To remove it I rightcli...

Removing ADC
If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any services? Thanks Kit No. "Kit Cheng" <skc@irmphila.com> wrote in message news:OKNNIX74EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any > services? > > Thanks > > Kit > Hi, thanks for your quick respond. I've posted another question but have no answer yet. Below is my other questions: I'm actually in the process of installing Exchange 2003 on a new box now. I am running Exchange 2000 currently and ha...

Urgently needed a tool for generating XSLT file
Hi, I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates XSLT files. The UI should be similar to the transformation maps we create in BizTalk; it would be greate if I can host the UI in my .Net application. Or can I host BizTalks map designer in my .Net application? Thanks, Navneet "Navneet Gupta" <Navneet Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8D15B8-76A7-4BCC-BFBA-A128A580C3FC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates > XSLT files. > > The UI should be sim...

Publisher 98 has WordArt Frame Tool. Can 2003 have same?
Until recently I have been using Publisher 98 and like the facility of the WordArt Frame Tool. When you open the box there are 14 tools available at the top of the page. These include a Best Fit Option, Shading, Shadow & Border. This layout meets my needs very well. I am now using Publisher 2003 and all I can do is click on the WordArt icon which takes me to the WordArt Gallery. Is it possible to formulate the WordArt Frame Tool facility in Publisher 2003? Your help would be gratefully received. There is a compatibility tool for using the old WordArt. You use it by insert, object,...

ADC -- Where is it?
Hi -- I thought that before I was able to use the Exchange System Manager to look and see the Active Directory Connector, but now I can't find it. (I have an Exchange 5.5 and a Exchagne 2003 running together with a 2 way ADC.) Where is the ADC located? I have been having some directory sync problems, and I wanted to look at the ADC, but now I can't find it. I wonder if it's disappeared? Thanks, Blake Blakester: It's me again... I don't recall being able to administer ADC from within ESM. On the server running the ADC, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft ...

Exchange 2003 cluster issue with DST update tool
Are there any issues or additional steps that must be adhered to when installing the DST udpate to Exchange in a cluster environment? (i.e. Do the Cluster Services need to be stopped before installing? Do the clustered servers need to be restarted?) I would say that approaching the update in the same way that you would apply a service pack would work well. There are a few pre reqs for this. It's an annoying update really and one that i dont think has been published well enough given its possible impact "smctigue" wrote: > Are there any issues or additional steps that ...

Remove View/Add Favorites Tools from IE8 Favorites Toolbar?
Is there some way to remove the display of the View Favorites and Add to Favorites tools from the Favorites toolbar in IE8? Hi, Registry edit- all versions of Windows- look for NoFavorites at http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/442/ Or, with many versions of Windows (not XP Home, not Vista Basic, not Win 7 Home basic) you could use Group Policy editor. Start> Run> gpedit.msc> User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> Browser menus> Hide Favorites menu. Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "+Bob...