ADC- Moving connection agreements from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

I'm at the part of my deployment where the wizard says I should point
my ADC CA's (currently pointing to Exchange 5.5) to Exchange 2003. I
have a windows 2000 domain with exchange 5.5 going to exchange 2003
and I am doing coexistence. I tested the CA change with the Public
Folders and the event log indicated new items had replicated even
though no one has touched the exchange server. I haven't had a close
look at what the objects were, but they were not public folders.
Anyway, before I change the CA for users I'd like to know if anyone
else changed their ADC CA's to point to the new exchange server.

Thanks
0
nedhart (28)

Forward Existing e-mails in Exchange
Using Exchange 2003. Some of our users cannot access their mail boxes directly so we use ADU&C => <user> => Exchange General => Delivery Options => forward to forward the users e-mail through a contact we had set up for them. However, until this is set up, e-mails accumulate. Then only new e-mails get forwarded. Is there any way to forward the existing e-mails in the account other than logging into the account and creating a rule or otherwise forwarding them? Thanks for any help on this. -- Matt Hickman On 19 Jun 2006 09:39:33 -0700, hemojr@gmail.com wrote: >...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

HowTo block Attachments on Exchange 2003???
Hi. I'm looking how to block certain types of attachments in Exchange 2003 (installed as part of Win2003 SBS PRO Server) in 'Exchange System Manager'? Is it possible to block certain attachments only for certain users? 10x and best regards, Dezo Damir Dezeljin <News@dezo.org> wrote in news:O3NZqtvsEHA.2460@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I'm looking how to block certain types of attachments in Exchange 2003 > (installed as part of Win2003 SBS PRO Server) in 'Exchange System > Manager'? > > Is it possible to block certain attachments only for certai...

connection to server interrupted (0x800CCC0F)
Greetings. I'm having a recurring but irregular error with Outlook 2000 trying to pop my RoadRunner account. I get the above error message. I've checked the settings in the Outlook account, deleted and re-created the account, run Outlook's 'detect and repair', etc. I do not have similar problems with another pop3 account I've also configured. contacte RoadRunner and they don't support Outlook. I'm using OfficeXP Pro and WinXP Pro with all the latest service packs downloaded. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Teddy ...

How do I move a paragraph from below to above another paragraph
How do I re-position a paragraph above another? Cut and paste. or Select the whole paragraph and drag it to the new position. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Scarlett" <Scarlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429061F5-8436-4A1A...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Domain move
I have two domains on my Exchange server abc.com and 123.com. This weekend I moved 123.com to their own network which included moving their users .pst files to their new Exchange server. It works great (MX records routing properly), except... From abc.com I need to send 123.com users email. Since I didn't delete their mailboxes from abc.com Exchange server when I send an email fm abc.com they route to their abc.com mailbox. This is bad, I need their email to route to their new 123.com Exchange mailbox that sits on their own Internet connection and domain that physically resides...

number decimal places in the Contract Type Meters window set to 5
why are the number of decimal places In the Contract Type Meters window (Cards..Contract Administration..COntract Types select meters) only allows four. Yet the Contract Line Meter Maintenance window (Transaction..Contract Entry/Update..Contract Lines..Meters) has 5 decimal places. They should be the same that is both set to 5. This is cause of confusion at client site. I had created a Support Incident Number 8271354 for this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &q...

How do I move a chart using a macro?
Hi, all, I have a nice little macro that creates two charts on several worksheets in a workbook. My problem is that it places one chart right on top of the other. I just need to offset it enough to see both charts, or at least to remind myself that there are two of them there. I tried variations of the "Activechart.parent . . . ." commands I found elsewhere on the site, but I always get the debug screen when I get there. I'm using OFFICE 2007 and Vista. Thank you Jim -- JP Cummings Assuming you know what cell you want as the top left cell positio...

Use of TTF in Text Box
Our logo has been set up as a ttf. Until now there's been no problem using this font in a text box in publisher. In 2003 the ttf will not print, it gives the default font. Word Art is OK, although patchy. Is there a setting somewhere I've missed?? Andy more than likely the TTF file you have does not conform to the TrueType standard. There are no issues with fonts in XP or Publisher 2003. Get the font re-done by a company that knows what they are doing. -- Font works just fine in Windows 2003 and Excel 2003. Locl supplier says it checks out. Still think this is a Pub 2003...

Moving data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to move data from one worksheet to another - DATA SHEET - COST CODE DESCRIPTION M S O L 010000 Labor Summary 5,000 011700 Burden 1,000 011750 General Liability 500 011775 Data Processing 011900 Equipment Repairs 1,000 4,500 012000 Utilities 200 012100 FLC Equipment 5,000 012200 Non-Owned Equipment Rental 6,000 012220 Toilet Rental 1,190 This is how I want the result to look - SUMMARY SHEET Cost Code CT Description ...

Set exchange 2003 to log bouced emails (to non existent users)?
My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my domain. I would like to log all bounced emails, so that I can create mail forwards for some of those incorrect emails addresses. Is it possible to log those incorrect email addresses? Cheers. The easiest would be have a copy of non-delivery reports sent to an account such as yours or postmaster@yourdomain.com. You add this in the Messages tab of the Properties for the SMTP Virtual server in Exchange System Manager. William Danny F wrote: > My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my doma...

exchange 2k3 #2
Migrating from 5.5 & have thousands of pub folders w/smtp addresses I'd like to use policy to remove, but how? -there are a few I don't want to remove, but if I need to, I'll recreate by hand... "=?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZHJEaW9nZW5lcw==?=" <AlexandrDiogenes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:C04E91B1-9F55-4603-AE0E-1F1861F8079E@microsoft.com: > Migrating from 5.5 & have thousands of pub folders w/smtp addresses > I'd like to use policy to remove, but how? -there are a few I don't > want to remove, but if I need to, I'll recreate b...

Outlook 2003 replies
When i reply to a sender that is not in my address book i get the message "microsoft office outlook does not recognize "last name, first name" and there is no email address in the to field. Why not? ...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

Export GAL #5
I need to export Exchange GAL to excel spreadsheet, should I use CSVDE to do it? Will it export all the attributes? Appreciate if someone can advice on other methods or guides on internet which I can refer. Thanks. On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 01:18:05 -0700, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to export Exchange GAL to excel spreadsheet, should I use CSVDE to do >it? Will it export all the attributes? Appreciate if someone can advice on >other methods or guides on internet which I can refer. > >Thanks. CSVDE will indeed export to a file and will export th...

What happened to the Great Plains 7.5 service packs?
Have they been removed from the MBS website? Does anyone know where I can get sp7 for GP 7.5? Thanks, Peter ...

two exchange servers
Hi, I have two offices both running exchange server 2003. I want them both to act as backup mail servers for each other via the use of MX preferences... i.e. accept and queue the mail for the other server if it is down and deliver it when it comes back up. Can anyone tell me what I need to do for this? I can't seem to find any examples of it and the two books I have on exchange don't mention it at all. Thanks Start here http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=CC%24i0OFIEHA.132%40cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Dmx%2520backup...

How do I buy 1 Sun Java 5 license
I need to buy 1 Sun Java 5 license to continue internal safety and external security testing on Windows 98 Second Edition. I tried calling Oracle and they said contact Sun. I contacted Sun and they said contact their partner network. I contacted their partner network and no response. In addition, I asked for a price and no price given. Please help me from continuing to get the run around. I would like to stop just spinning my wheels. Sun partner network is the only to go ... and you have to give them time to asker you! For this is the only way in getting a Sun Java 5 lice...

Publisher 2003 Mail Merge #3
I have managed to shrink a certificate template down to fit two on one page, however when I do a mail merge, it prints the same person's name on both certificates. Is there a way I can have it print the next person's name in the mail merge on the second certificate? -- Matilda You need to have only one certificate on your screen for the merge to be successful. Look how the certificates are arranged when you have two on your screen, in a new publication create a custom size in page setup, correct the margins and gaps so Publisher will say "prints two to a sheet." Prin...

How Install .Netframework 3.5 SP3 KB979909 & KB982157
I keep getting presented these updates and they always fail to install. I do not know what they do. Do I need them or would the best solution be to hide them? -- Uncle John My System XP_Pro_SP3 and OFFICE_Pro_2007 otherwise fully updated You could try installing them manually after downloading from the MS Download Center. -=- See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United S...

moving sum
Hi, I have a list of monthly payments, and I want to create a column that sums those at the end of each year, six months or a quarter . EX: 1 0 1 0 2 4 4 0 1 0 1 6 .... What formula should I use in the second column to have a sum at every 12th,6th or 3rd row? Thanks. Neda Assume your data begins in A1. In B3 use: =SUM(A1:A3) Select B1:B3, grab the fill handle, and fill down. This will sum every 3 rows. For every six rows, in B6 use: =SUM(A1:A6) Select B1:B6 and fill down. Same process for every 12 rows. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I hav...

cant start outlook 2003
I have just tried to use Outlook 2003 for the the first time on my computer and whilst configuring it through wizard I accidently said I wanted to use business manager which I dont have. It has now put error messages up consistently and says I must start up in safe mode. When I say I want to start in safe mode it then tells me it is not possible. I cant close it and it just keeps asking if I want to send report. How can I get out of this problem? Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to configure the correct type of account, you possibly used 'Exchange' http://www....

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Outlook Clinet trying to connect to PRC proxy server over wrong po
When trying to connect to my RPC proxy server (also front end Exchange server) Outlook opens local port 1189 and tries to hit the Exchange/RPC proxy server on port 135. I am limiting inbound connections to the Exchange/RPC proxy to port 443. How can I make Outllok use the correct port. I believe I have configured the Outlook profile correctly to use RPC over HTTP(s). I am attempting to connect here on our corporate network, but from a seperate VLAN to simulate an outside connection. Thank you. Er - if Outlook is trying to connect over port 135 (RPC), it is not trying to use RPC/HT...