ADC Installation failed/Exch 5.5 to 2003 Upgrade

We are preparing to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Our AD migration

occured some time ago and has been working without any problems. We
have a
Windows 2000 (SP4) DC and a Windows 2003 (SP1) DC. The Windows 2000 DC
holds
all FSMO roles. Exchange 5.5 is on a Windows 4.0 server (SP6a) which is

configured as a BDC. We ran DCDIAG, NetDiag and verified proper DNS
resolution. We are installing Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 (SP1)
member
server. When attempting to install ADC, after it finished updating the
schema, it failed with the following error.

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
Facility: Win32
ID No: c0070534
MS Active Directory Setup

We have not attempted to run forestprep or domainprep yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Rick

0
rick5718 (1)

Hi,

your domain should be win 2k.you an check the replication status between the
DC's.
can try this secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce

"rick@prsgroup.net" wrote:

> We are preparing to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Our AD migration
>
> occured some time ago and has been working without any problems. We
> have a
> Windows 2000 (SP4) DC and a Windows 2003 (SP1) DC. The Windows 2000 DC
> holds
> all FSMO roles. Exchange 5.5 is on a Windows 4.0 server (SP6a) which is
>
> configured as a BDC. We ran DCDIAG, NetDiag and verified proper DNS
> resolution. We are installing Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 (SP1)
> member
> server. When attempting to install ADC, after it finished updating the
> schema, it failed with the following error.
>
> No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
> Facility: Win32
> ID No: c0070534
> MS Active Directory Setup
>
> We have not attempted to run forestprep or domainprep yet.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank You
> Rick

0
piku (10)

Outlook 2003 Sync w/ Outlook OWA
Hi! Would it be possible to sync my outlook 2003 to outlook owa? So if there are 10 messages on my outlook, my owa should also have 10 messages. If I delete message 1 on my outlook, owa would automaticaly sync and also delete message 1 on it. If I delete message 2 on my owa, outlook would automaticaly sync and also delete message 2 on it. Thanks There is no "sync" process that takes place. Outlook in MAPI mode and OWA both access your mailbox stored on the Exchange server. If you delete something from OWA, it is deleted from your mailbox. Same thing with Outlook. The o...

security update KB972696 will not install
Windows XP home, dial-up service, cannot get kb792696 to install. I get error code 0x8050855C. I cannot find this code doing a search. MS support is worthless so am asking for help here. Ran Malicious Software Removal Tool, found nothing. I use MS Security Essentials, have one red icon showing no protection, another green showing full protection. What????????? -- surveyor Double-check that KB number & error code, please. Is this a sudden, new problem? Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subsc...

Error installing CRM Sales for Outlook
When running the CRM Sales for Outlook it requires a url Example http://server%name I get an error message that states the following "Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook cannot find an instance of the Micrososoft CRM Server components at 'http://192.168.1.254'." Yes it says "...Micrososoft..." besides the point. I also try WINS name and FQDN with no success. What type of permission settings are needed on IIS, or am I way off base.... Thanks in advance for your help there is an option to create a log so you can work out issues like this here is the line Setu...

Technet forum for SBS 2003
Does one exist? In english? -Jim Hi Jim: Any Help Here? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/bb630237.aspx - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Does one exist? In english? > > -Jim > On Apr 28, 1:33=A0pm, Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] <lstruckme...@mis- wizards.com> wrote: > Hi Jim: > > Any Help Here? > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/bb630237.aspx > > - > Larry > Please post the resolution to your > issue so ot...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message
Good Day, I would like to know if theres is any way to modify the undeliverable error messages that exchange generates. The wording is very ambiguous. Thanks, Jerome Not out of the box, no. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:57:14 -0700, "Jerome Hernandez" <jerome@5thscale.com> wrote: >Good Day, > >I would like to know if theres is any way to modify the undeliverable error >messages that exchange generates. The wording is very ambiguous. > >Thanks, >Jerome > So is there a third party I could use? Thanks in advance "Andy David - Exchange MVP"...

word 2007 to word 2003
How can I view word 2007 documents using Word 2003? Hi, Word 2007 documents can be opened in earlier versions of Word after installing the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en), which is a free Microsoft download. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "Nod" wrote: > How can I view word 2007 documents using Word 2003? ...

at times i have to reboot to start Outlook 2003, any help?
it would be appreciated Sounds like you have a 3rd party application or addin that isn't letting Outlook close properly. Try bringing up the task list (start > run > tasklist.exe > ok button) to see if Outlook is still running when it won't start. (check the processes tab) "skimmi" <skimmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42FAFCC7-55BC-45DB-B8D7-674FF9638B14@microsoft.com... > it would be appreciated Not sure if this helped or not? The problem did happen again and tried what you suggested but the screen only flashed up momentari...

Installation Problem on Office 2007
I am unable to install Office 2007. "Setup cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.msi" Please select the location to continue is the error appeared on installation. Please help a the earliest. Did you verify that the file is in the folder listed? Since you don't mention if you are installing from removable media (e.g. CD/DVD, USB Jump Drive, .etc), network (mapped) drive, or your local drive, you could check to see if it is a ntfs/share rights issue. "S.Vimal Kumar" <S.Vimal Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C25B0C1-3DEE-42CD...

Outlook 2003 smtp send mail problem
Hello there, and thank you for taking the time to consider my following problem: We are running Outlook 2003 with an SMB/Ecchange Server 2000. Presently I am unable to send mail on SMTP on one of two accounts configured in Outlook. On Outlook, I have two mail accounts configured, one exchange account for corporate use, and one personal pop3/smtp account on my sympatcio.ca ISP. I can send and receive exchange mail without difficulty, and I can receive pop3 mail without difficulty. Sending smtp mail on my ISP however, does not happen as it appears that exchange intercepts it first and sets t...

Can I install my copy of Access on 2 computers? My Desktop & my Laptop ?
Some software allows more than one installation... maybe one for your regular desktop and another for your laptop. Does MS allow this for a single license copy of MS Access? Thanks for any help. "Mel" <myemaillist@gmail.com> wrote > Some software allows more than one installation... > maybe one for your regular desktop and another > for your laptop. > > Does MS allow this for a single license copy of MS Access? You'd have to read the End User License Agreement that came with your copy of Access. Licenses vary depending on version, ti...

installing blackberry software
I have a client that would like to receive his exchange 2003 email on his blackberry. I downloaded the free blackberry software. I was wondering if indeed I need to install the Blackberry Server Software and if so should I install it on the machine where exchange 2003 is running or install it on a different server? Is there anything I need to be aware of before going ahead with this install? Thanks, Mark Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup re...

Access 2003 in Access 2007
If I created a database using Access 2003, will it work if I send to someone who has Access 2007? ...

Installation issue
Installed Office XP Pro and dont see Publisher. Where do I install it from? Ron, Generally we need more than 10 minutes to respond. Please read my response to your first post. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ron" <rlyen@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3bd501c4afbb$79894180$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Installed Office XP Pro and dont see Publisher. Where do I > install it from? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.775 / Virus Database: 522 - Release Date: 10/8/2004 A small ...

Outlook 2003 Delting Mail
When I delete an email it lines through the mail and then I have to select purge. Is there any setting I can change to make it go stright to the Delted mail foleder without a two step process? No, not with an IMAP account. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Clint Kelley" <clintkelley@att.com> wrote in message news:b65a01c437...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Installing Money Plus Deluxe Trial
Haven't installed Money Plus yet but have tried essentials and have used Money in the past and am trying to avoid a problem that occurs the first time Money downloads transactions from my bank. The first time it downloads I have a very large difference in what I have and what Money shows. Thus difference is in the thousands. Is there something I'm not doing properly when Money downloads transaction for the first time? Is there any rules of thumb I need to be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Haven't installed Money Plus ...

runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument
Hi! I'm having problem with my POS, i'm getting an error runtime error 5: invalid procedure or call argument when i ran POS when i perform item lookup. I already reinstalled MSDE and RMS v1.2 but still the problem exist on one of my POS terminal. All other terminals are doing fine so i guess there's no problem with the database. Your help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks, Mike Zenkibuta wrote: > Your help would be much appreciated. It's also possible that it's a component problem.. old version of MDAC or other components.. the registers have the same softwa...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003 won't file receipts
I used to have a rule that if the subject contained Delivered: or Read: Outlook would file it in my Receipts folder (which I created a long time ago) automatically. It worked up until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, it stopped filing. I checked with our IT department, and they said they hadn't made any changes to Outlook. I note that if I right-click on a Read or Delivery receipt that Create Rule is grayed out. Anyway, a rule is probably not the best way to handle this, as someone could create a subject line containing "Read:" somewhere in it and it would go into the receip...

Installation of CRM off line client
I have a used PC that another user once had an installation of the CRM offline client installed, I have gone through the support page and have followed the instructions on how to manually uninstall the laptop compatibility client, I haven't had success with the new installation of the client, the current error is that an incompatible verison of the CRM desktop Cleint for outlook is already installed although I have deleted the data files. Can any provide further instructions on how to get this machine wiped clean of this client so I can successfully install the client again for a...

usr5686e optimal settings for server 2003
Hello, I know this is in the wrong group, but i cannot sign into either the Microsoft forums or the partner forums. Both give me an error saying you are not authorized. also the cross posting did not work properly so here is another message group. anyways i have a server 2003 sp2 with r2 and the fax modem died, i picked up a us robotics 5686e external modem and wish to know if it will work out of the box or if it needs configuring. And if it needs configuring are there optimal settings that someone could tell me about thank you. ...

Installing Exchange 2007 SP2 on passive SCC node
Am trying to install exchange 2007 sp2 on the passive node, removed antivirus and MOM agent, restarted Remote Registry and started the the upgrade command. the problem is the setup is stuck on 64% with no errors. anyone can help? environment: - 2 windows 2003 64 R2 sp2 - 2 Exchange SCC SP1 Is there anything interesting in the setup log? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Batayneh" <Batayneh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5B63827-1C18-4A65-B859-AA5B5642D116@micros...

Strange Outlook 2003 Message Times on Terminal Server
I have w2k3 terminal sever with Outlook 2003 clients to Exchange server 5.5. I was checking daylight saving time settings. I noticed when I view mesage in my inbox via Outlook 2003 from the rdp server (who's time is correct) the message properties have all the time an hour back.. When I look at the same message from local 2k box running Outlook 2000 they are correct. The rdp server time is correct, the exchange server time is correct, the inbound smtp server times are correct. Why would I see different times on the properties of the message, since these are exchagne mailboxes ?? ...

Run Viewer with Visio Installed
I want to test appearances before shipping visio files. How can I get view files with Viewer instead of my installed Visio? Currently using 2003 visio w/ 2007 viewer. Hi Ya, The party-line used to be that "the viewer is for non-Visio pcs...yada yada yada", but I thought that might have changed for Visio 2007. Anyway, I couldn't find the good answer to your "coexist" problem, but I did find some html from an old sample web page I made (see html at end of post...) It was using the Visio 2003 Viewer, but I imagine most of this is the same with the 2007 version(?)...

Unhandled script exception #5
When entering the project number in the Billing Entry screen in Project Accounting, I receive the following error: Unhandled script exception: Invalid month '0' in date function. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SETDATE This is currently only happening for one particular customer. I can't find anything in the knowledge base. Does anyone have a solution. Thanks, Joe ...