ADC DOES NOT READ FROM 5.5

Can someone tell me what is required for the Exchange 2003 ADC to read the
data from Exchange 5.5?   Currently, my ADC does not replicate information
from 5.5 to AD.  I have already reentered the user/pass and restarted the
service.  Any help would be appreaciated.

0
koryg (56)

Can you expand on 'does not replication information'?  i.e. if you create a
new mailbox in 5.5, the ADC should, by default, create a new disabled
Windows account in AD.  Does it do that?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what is required for the Exchange 2003 ADC to read the
> data from Exchange 5.5?   Currently, my ADC does not replicate information
> from 5.5 to AD.  I have already reentered the user/pass and restarted the
> service.  Any help would be appreaciated.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
5/6/2005 7:12:19 AM
No it does not.  If I create a new mailbox or make changes to existing
mailbox like adding a new smtp address or editing description of a user,
that information does not replicate back to the AD.

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can you expand on 'does not replication information'?  i.e. if you create
> new mailbox in 5.5, the ADC should, by default, create a new disabled
> Windows account in AD.  Does it do that?
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > Can someone tell me what is required for the Exchange 2003 ADC to read
the
> > data from Exchange 5.5?   Currently, my ADC does not replicate
information
> > from 5.5 to AD.  I have already reentered the user/pass and restarted
the
> > service.  Any help would be appreaciated.

0
koryg (56)
5/6/2005 1:19:27 PM
I'd be looking for clues in the event log in that case.  Double-check the
'From Exchange' tab on the ADC - is it pointing to a valid OU, etc?

--

> No it does not.  If I create a new mailbox or make changes to existing
> mailbox like adding a new smtp address or editing description of a user,
> that information does not replicate back to the AD.
>

> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in
> message
>> Can you expand on 'does not replication information'?  i.e. if you create
>> new mailbox in 5.5, the ADC should, by default, create a new disabled
>> Windows account in AD.  Does it do that?
>>
>> --
>> Neil Hobson
>> Exchange MVP
>>
>> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
>> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>>
>> "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Can someone tell me what is required for the Exchange 2003 ADC to read
> the
>> > data from Exchange 5.5?   Currently, my ADC does not replicate
> information
>> > from 5.5 to AD.  I have already reentered the user/pass and restarted
> the
>> > service.  Any help would be appreaciated.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
5/6/2005 2:02:43 PM
Yes, its pointing to the reciepients, and  nothing is logged to EventLog.  I
even turned up max logging.  Anyother clues you can give me?  Which service
is responsible in 5.5 for directory services and what permissions are
needed?

Thanks.

> I'd be looking for clues in the event log in that case.  Double-check the
> 'From Exchange' tab on the ADC - is it pointing to a valid OU, etc?
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > No it does not.  If I create a new mailbox or make changes to existing
> > mailbox like adding a new smtp address or editing description of a user,
> > that information does not replicate back to the AD.
> >

> > "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in
> > message
> >> Can you expand on 'does not replication information'?  i.e. if you
create
> >> new mailbox in 5.5, the ADC should, by default, create a new disabled
> >> Windows account in AD.  Does it do that?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Neil Hobson
> >> Exchange MVP
> >>
> >> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> >> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >>
> >> "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > the
> > information
> > the

0
koryg (56)

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

I have 5 DLLs that export...
a series of functions for use by each other and applications that make use of them. Something weird is happening in my test application which makes use of these DLLs. I have an app named MFCTest.exe which links to 3 libs for 3 of the DLLs. The long standing version of this test app (which I've used to test DLL functionality for the past 2 years) makes calls directly into all 3 of these DLLs to use different functions. Just today, I've added a new feature to DLL one (let's call it) which requires it to call a function on DLL 2. Now, it has never needed to call DLL2 before, but ...

Administrator permissions on Exchange 5.5
Folks, Scenario as follows: Multiple W2K domains sharing one Exchange 5.5 server. Currently administrators for each domain can view mailboxes from all domains. I do not want this scenario. How can I lock down permissions so that administrators can only view mailboxes from their own domain? Thanks a lot -- Johnny37 ...

SUMPRODUCT #5
Boy...do I need help with this formula. For example, what does the following mean: =SUMPRODUCT (0+ISNA(MATCH(A1:A10,{2,4},0)),A1:A10) I know it means to add the column of numbers omitting those that are 2 or 4.. but HOW DOES THIS "MAGICAL" SUMPRODUCT formula WORK?? Thanks, Larry "FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message news:15ca01c3dfd6$6cb03af0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Boy...do I need help with this formula. > > For example, what does the following mean: > > =SUMPRODUCT (0+ISNA(MATCH(A1:A10,{2,4},0)),A1:A10) > > I know it means to ...

Read newsgroups
Hello, is there a way to read and post articles (with attachments) from within VB.net (framework 3.5). Just don't know where to start with this!!! Some sample code would come handy. Thanks in advance! To be complete: I mean articles in newsgroups! * Q wrote, On 20-1-2010 22:32: > Hello, > > is there a way to read and post articles (with attachments) from within > VB.net (framework 3.5). > > Just don't know where to start with this!!! > > Some sample code would come handy. > > Thanks in advance! It's not supported by de...

Outlook 2003 Reading Pane
Is there a way to rearrange how the From, To, Subject header fields are displayed in the Reading Pane? Can the font size for these headers be changed even? I have just migrated from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 and find that the headers in the Reading Pane takes up quite a bit of room on the screen, where as OE is a simple 2-liner headers with the From and To fields on the 1st line and Subject on the 2nd. Any help is appreciated, thanks! Twinkyz You can actually remove them completely if you'd like. Just right click in the small dark gray border round the reading pane and choose ...

How to print 4 page design on 4.5" x 5.5" top fold cards
I have designed a 4 sheet (front, middle 1, middle 2, and back) as an invitation. This is set up as a 4.25"x 5.5" top fold card. How do I set up Publisher and HP 7280 All-in-one printer to print on card stock. I expect to use two side printing, but Publisher does not have print set up for these standard size cards. You will need 4.25" x 11" card stock OR use 8.5" x 11" stock which you plan to cut to size after printing the invitations. I'm going to assume you will be using 8.5" x11" stock. This will create two invitations per sheet of...

How to make a tab read only
Hello Guys, I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? I"m assuming that you are looking at making all the fields on the tab read-only? If that's the case you can do that within the UI. Just open the Form in the Customization section of CRM, then open each field on the form and check the Read-Only checkbox. You can also do this with JavaScript in the Form's OnLoad() event. "e" wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I know how to make tabs diabled, but how do I make it read only? ...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003 #2
Hi All, I am in the process of moving from exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0 based) to exchange 2003 (2003 based). I brought a 2003 exchange server online, and installed the connecter, etc etc. All seems to be going well so far. I have moved a majority of my mailboxes via the system manager, and look to be in good shape...I still have the 5.5 in place, and that is the "public facing" machine (I have a 2nd nic in there with the MX pointing to it). Email is going to the correct places even when the user is on the new server. ....EXCEPT... I just got a call from a vendor saying he got a rejection...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

Unable to read messages in Outlook Webmail
I am unable to read or respond to my e mail from work that I am accessing through Outlook webmail. I can see the messages but when I click on them to read or act on them, I am automatically directed to a "Page Unavailable" message off my companies internet site. I feel it must be a setting on my desktop browser. Can anyone help ? Doubtful - it's possible someone ran URLScan (a security feature) on your Exchange/IIS server and didn't modify it for use on Exchange. Ask the Exchange/systems admin to take a look at MS knowledgebase article 309508 Bruce wrote: > I am u...

Which is better: Word or Outlook to send email? Read on...
There seems to be a difference in image quality when I get emails that were sent directly from Word as opposed to using Outlook to do an "Insert" "Picture". I've heard that Word changes the format of .jpg and .gif images once they are inserted in Word, and that is the reason. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it generally just better to stick with Outlook when you want to send an HTML email instead of using Word. thx! Scotty I don't know about either method *looking* better or not. I do know that I see far more problems with email regarding using Word ...

Read data from excel file under Window 2008 web server
I want to write a .Net webpage to read data from a Excel file, I am using 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0...' to do so. But it is not ok if the web server is windows server 2008 standard. Is there other connection method that can work under windows 208 environment? wktsang1 wrote: > I want to write a .Net webpage to read data from a Excel file, I am > using 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0...' to do so. But it is not ok if the > web server is windows server 2008 standard. > > Is there other connection method that can work under windows 208 > environment? ...

Exch 5.5 with AD 2003
Hi, we are upgrading our flat NT4 single domain to AD 2003 NATIVE mode , do we need to do anything to Exchange 5.5 to run smoothly on the AD network, or does does nothing at all have to be done? Kind Regards Apollo "Apollo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, we are upgrading our flat NT4 single domain to AD 2003 >NATIVE mode , do we need to do anything to Exchange 5.5 to >run smoothly on the AD network, or does does nothing at >all have to be done? > >Kind Regards > >Apollo Don't convert it to Native until you shift the 5....

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

very basic MS access 2007 (button click no read issue)
I added 2 text fields and a button to a form in MS access 2007. and i went to the code builder and tried to add values to the text fields . ex: textBox1.text = "name" i coded this to the button click event.. but some times after i get an error.. the button click property never works... so i have to create a new form and redo it. can some one tell me why this is hapenning , and tell me a way to prevent this.. In Access, you can only use the text property if the control has the focus. Instead, try: textbox1 = "Name" or textbox1.Value = "...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

Problem with OWA and Exchange 5.5
Hi everyone, I am having this problem with MS Exchange 5.5 and Outlook Web Access. When I log in remotely I get to see my emails and as in the office I can reply, delete, move emails as necessary. The problem is that when I get back in the office all new emails are marked as unread. If I have replied or forwarded email they are not marked appropriately either. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem? Any patches, changes to the registry? Regards, Anguel ...

Circular Logging #5
I have a Exchange 2000 server with circular logging turned ON. If I do a nightly FULL backup then circular logging being ON should not really matter, right? We do not do incremental or differentail backups. thanks Well, consider the following. You backup at midnight. Your server fails at 2pm and you lose your database drive. With circular logging on, you can only recover your system back to the state it was in at midnight, i.e. you lose emails from midnight to 2pm. Best practice is to ensure circular logging is off. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #5
I am upgrading from Money 2001 deluxe to 2004 Premium. I am receiving and error message that says: "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer available. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you shoulf reset manually to avoid unreliable information" This message pops up without warning. I have attempted to reset the report but the error continues. Thanks, Jeff I can;t see that report as one of the standard ones on my version of 2004, not sure whether it is on yours. If not, then you should delete ...

(XML) HTTP(S) in the Auto-lead Data READING using ASP / XML
Hi Here is the STEPS/METHOD my service provider sends the calling customer numbers captured : Export Method - HTTP 1. The partner provides Who’s Calling with a URL address to direct the data t the partner 2. Call Sync exports the call record data (XML) HTTP(S) in the Auto-lead Dat Format (ADF) 1.0 3. The partner system receives the data at the desired URL 4. The partner responds with an acknowledgement back to Call Sync. Th following is an example of an acknowledgement <result> success! </result 5. The partner URL also accepts a variable called ping in the query string an responds w...

Can not Read Excel files
Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a relatively new computer, Windows XP, and has Quattro Pro installed. However, she is working on group projects with people who have Excel and she can not read any of their files. I suggested the free viewer download from Microsoft but it doesn't seem to be supported by Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks!! It is supported and works well "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352f01c4293e$94c90650$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a : relatively...

help needed #5
I have a number of cell,say h5 to h11. I need to create a function that carries out an action when any 2 of these cells is less than 1.The numbers are continuously changing.e.g h5 4 h6 3 h7 1.5 h8 1.7 h9 10 h10 11 h11 2.4 IF function can work IF(AND(H5<1,H6<1),"Yes","No") but this only checks one pair,i need to check many pairs.How do I do it? -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Exch 5.5 offline sync problems....?
I'm having a weird offline sync problem with Exchange 5.5 on NT4 with Outlook 2000 clients. It seems to have begun just since I applied the latest patch(es) for NT and Exchange, and wondering if anyone else has seen this. It affects online (wired) users as well as our dial-up users - but especially noticeable with dial-ups. The problem is the offline sync does not seem to be working 100%, even though there are no errors reported (unless I manually try to sync, then I get the error list). I originally thought that messages with blank subjects were the culprit, but have seen problems where t...

Error MEssage #5
Problems opening up excel ss in email - (use Lotus Notes - have Excel 2007). Every time I "try" to open a ss from email - it goes into a download folder and you have to do an annoying series of steps to get it to open- most of the time the spreadsheet is blank and I get this error message: ..."xls could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences." Please help! ...