ADC - attach exchange 5.5 mailbox to new AD account

The active directory connector ran fine and replicated exchange attributes to
the proper AD accounts.  Now a new AD account for a single mailbox need to be
the new primary account - i.e. get the exchange attributes.  I tried deleting
the ADC global name, but all this does is recreat the old account in AD.

How can I get an old mailbox that was connected to a new deleted AD account
to replicate correctly to a new account?
0
TeoGomez (51)

log onto server fails when setting up an account
I am tring to set up an outlook account. When i test my settings it always fails at log onto server. I use cable broadband. how can I over come this Do have the right server name & credentials for the account? "componut" <componut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630B8F0F-08E2-4507-98AA-6AE96548B866@microsoft.com... >I am tring to set up an outlook account. When i test my settings it always > fails at log onto server. I use cable broadband. how can I over come this thanks for your reply. yes I think I put in all the correct information. I am n...

Add new contact from Outlook
Hi We want to be able to add new contacts from outlook using the customised form that we created in CRM. This is so that the users will see the fields we created and in CRM from Outlook. At the momennt we just get the standard outlook form. Is there any way of changing this? Thanks Hi Mark, Did you install the CRM Outlook client? If so you can use the CRM form to add contacts. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On May 21, 7:28 am, Mark.Dobson-Hill <MarkDobsonH...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > We want to be able to add new contact...

Exchange 2003 sp2 broke my server.
Installed SP2 onto the exchange server 2003, now the clients report that the exchange server is offline or in maintenace mode. Upon checking the service it is stoped attempting to restart the service to no avail. tried rolloing back the sp to no effect. platform that it runs on is Windows 2000 Adv Serv sp4 with all patches, Any Idea welcome Which service is stopped? IS? What events do you have in the event log about it? "James Deland" <JamesDeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D3D20E7-E093-42EE-8F64-80E0EC2FFF73@microsoft.com... > Installed ...

Adding frills to a Gantt chart
I've created a Gantt chart showing elapsed time from application to acceptance of a request. Since it covers over 3 years there isn't paper big enough to be able to identify even an approximation of the dates. In addition, some instances only have an application date and no acceptance date so there is no bar at all. Is there some way to place an indicator for the start date and (if available) the end date. And in a perfect world, would it be possible to print the date above the plot point (allbeit in a tiny font)? Thanks in advance for any help. You might find something he...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 #2
I have inherited the task of completing a migration from 5.5 to 2003 that was already started. I am not too familiar with Exchange 2003, but I have managed to install a new server in one of three locations I need to. I have migratred users from the old 5.5 server to the new 2003 server. Do i need to setup connection agreements to get the public folders to replicate or do i need to manually move them using pfmigrate? Does anyone have STEP by STEP instructions on what needs to be done to complete this? Thx -- James 5.5 to 2003 migration http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migratin...

Event evoked by a new property value
Is there a list of properties that, if changed, may evoke an event? Eg. LinkChildFields evokes Form_Open (?!?!?!?!? Why ???) LinkMasterFields evokes Form_Open (!!! Again!!! ?!?!?!?!? Why is that ???) or Form_Open - LinkChildFields - LinkMasterFields - RecordSource Evoking various events may lead to unpredictable results! TIA I'm not aware of a list of things that trigger other events, and it's not always consistent between versions. If you think about it, the example you give kinda makes sense. The subform is linked to the main form via LinkMasterFields/LinkChildFields. Chang...

Best prctices for monitoring exchange server
I would like to monitor my exchange 2003 server a little better than we currently do now. Our current policy is if its running it must be OK. What tools can I use to monitor basic things like Email messages per hour or amout of data being emailed in and out of the server. TIA Josh Hi Josh, If you are on a tight budget there is perfmon in Windows 200x, it contains many of the counters you require but not all of them and it does not collate the data into nice report or alearts. If you do have the budget I highly recomend MOM2005 it will do the stats you are after, as well as serve...

WM 11- how i can change the speed default modifiers: x 0.5 and X
These values do not suit me. Lecture en cours/Ameliorations/Paramètres de vitesse de lecture: "Slow" réduit la vitesse à *0.5 "Fast" augmente le vitesse à *1.4 I cannot use the cursor to adjust the speed, I can just toggle the speed with the Ctrl+Shift+G, Ctrl+Shift+S key shortcuts. => When launching WM 11, I want to specifie less drastic speed modifiers values (0.9 in place of 0.5 and 1.1 in place of 0.5 for example). (I have not found the Key shortcut to move the speed slider left and right...) Thank for a trick to do that ...

Exchange upgrade #2
I am upgrading from exchange 2000 to 2003, but I am ruuning into issues. I am currently running The Enteprise Edition of Exchange 2000 and trying to upgrade Standard Edition of Exchange 2003..So when I try the upgrade, I get an error message stating that I must upgrade exchange with the same version Because of this I am unable to do the upgrade although I ran through the upgrade of Active Directory. So, I have decided to ask for some help from anyone that has experience with this...... I also have backed up the Information Stores that contain all of the mailboxes. I am trying to decide if...

Multiple CRM orgs in one exchange org
Does that work? Can you have multiple CRM servers (with multiple organisations) in a single exchange organisation? How is the Exchange connector coping with that? Thanks If all you want is outbound email, then it will work fine. however, inboind email won't work reliably. The router will send the message to one of the registered CRM servers until 1 responds. However, a "I don't recognixe this GUID" is a response so it may or may not make it to the designated CRM box. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- --------------------------...

Can't send to certain domains after upgrading Exchange to SP1
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Exchange after I installed SP1. Exchange resides on a 2003 SP1 server. After I upgraded Exchange to SP1, I can not send to hotmail.com, msn.com, microsoft.com and a few other domains. I searched the web, found other users had similiar issues, but there wasn't a solution posted. Has anyone else run across this? If so, what do you do to fix the issue. I have added an external DNS address under the Default Virtual Server because it was blank and tried to force a connection to the domains I can't send to, but that hasn't fixed the issue. Any inpu...

CRM 3.0 Account Last Contact Date
I can't seem to find out how to filter accounts by last contact date. We need to be able to filter those accounts that have not been contacted recently, so we can call them. ...

adding video to a newsletter-
can you insert a video file such as an mpeg to a newsletter or does it have to be a link to a website etc? ...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Forward Existing e-mails in Exchange
Using Exchange 2003. Some of our users cannot access their mail boxes directly so we use ADU&C => <user> => Exchange General => Delivery Options => forward to forward the users e-mail through a contact we had set up for them. However, until this is set up, e-mails accumulate. Then only new e-mails get forwarded. Is there any way to forward the existing e-mails in the account other than logging into the account and creating a rule or otherwise forwarding them? Thanks for any help on this. -- Matt Hickman On 19 Jun 2006 09:39:33 -0700, hemojr@gmail.com wrote: >...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

Slow Outlook on Exchange 2000
Hi Everyone, I'm running an Exchange 2000 server for a few months now, and lately Outlook has been dragging when opening up to an exchange mailbox. In one occasion, I timed Outlook to see how long it took to open and it took over 3 minutes and 30 seconds. EVERYONE in my organization is complaining about the performance and I don't know where else to look. I was having the same problem with my Outlook too and I manually configured the "hosts" and "lmhost" files and ever since my Outlook has been much better. I did the same for other machines but this did not work....

Adding Scroll Bars and a Toolbar to an ActiveX Control
Hi: In an earlier posting where I asked how to move a Multi-Document application over to a larger Dialog-based application it was suggested that I turn my current application into an ActiveX control and embed it in the new application (thank you, Jerry Coffin). I've run into a couple of problems in doing that. First, the working area of my application is larger than the window, so I need scroll bars and I don't know how to add them to the ActiveX control. Second, my current application has a Toolbar and I don't know how to add a toolbar to the ActiveX control. Can someone tell...

New project
I have an excel spreadsheet which holds our entire multiple choice exam question database. At the moment creating a 50 question exam paper in Word to print off for students is a lengthly process, involving pasting each Catagory Title, Question and the three possible answers into a Word template. What I would like is somthing that allows me to select a radio button for each of the questions I would like to appear in the exam and then export that data into the required parts of a template at the touch of a button. Am I asking too much? I was thinking maybe a macro? Unfortunatel...

Exchange 5.5 Restore Problem
Hello, I have an Exchange 5.5 server (SP4), running on NT 4.0 (SP6). We back it up with Backup Exec 8.5, with the Exchange Agent option. I am now in need to restore an old copy Information Store, from a last year's tape, to recover some information. I put together a server, with Exchange 5.5,NT 4, etc. All Service packs etc up to date, and Exchange was working fine. I then proceded to restore the Information Store. The file size of the priv.mdb appears to be correct, however, since the restore, the info store won't start. I receive the following error when trying to start i...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

problem setting up new email account
Error message reads, The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Test Email', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D can you help please "Paul Curry" <paulcurry@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uTOOz6yiKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Error message reads, > > The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered > the server name cor...

No lines showing in publisher documents installed on new computer
Just installed publisher from Microsoft Office 2003 on my new computer. Documents transfered and new documents produced do not show lines around borders or anywhere on the document. It will however print them. can anyone explain what I should do? ...

Will I lose all my emails when new microsoft software is downloade
I just bought Office:MAC 2008 to replace my MAC microsoft software from 2004. When I download the new software, will I lose all the emails that have come through on entourage? If so, how do I save them and transfer them into the newer version of the software? Try posting to the MAC Office newsgroup. This one is for PC users On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. &...

Will next Mac version of Entourage allow sync of Projects through Exchange server?
Does anyone know if the next version of Entourage for Mac will allow Projects to sync on an Exchange server the way it now does for mail, contacts, and calendar? Mike On 12/10/06 12:15, in article C1539C2B.42663%mlevin666@gmail.com, "Michael Levin" <mlevin666@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if the next version of Entourage for Mac will allow > Projects to sync on an Exchange server the way it now does for mail, > contacts, and calendar? > > Mike > If they do know, they wouldn't be allowed to say. Personally I don't know, but I doubt it. Yo...