ADC ... and Distribution Groups/PF's

Hi Everyone,

Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused.

Now I see the Exchange related info on the users.

I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD.
When would I start seeing them?

Have you created Public folder agreement.

"Jan K. van Dalen" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused.
>
> Now I see the Exchange related info on the users.
>
> I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD.
> When would I start seeing them?

0
SinJoe (21)

Distribution List Recipients Receive Two Emails
I am sending mail to a distribution list. Some recipients report that they are getting the mail message twice. When I send the message to email address separately, none of the recipients get a second copy. I thought it could be email forwarding setup at the recipients end, e.g. company.com has their email server setup to forward joe@company.com email to jerry@company.com and both names are in my distribution list, but some recipients getting double emails are the only recipient at their company/domain. I have deleted and rebuilt my distribution list from scratch to ensure that there...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Summing in Groups
I have a report that is divided into multiple sections: Division Class Section Each section includes a count of the number of males & females in the class [txtMaleCount] & [txtFemaleCount]. I have tried a sum in the Class & Division section "=sum([txtMaleCount])" and "=sum([txtFemaleCount])". However, each time I try to view the report, it asks for paramenters for "txtMaleCount" and "txtFemaleCount". Any suggestions? Thanks! You can sum fields that are in the report's source query, not text boxes. I'm guessing th...

Group Count with no Details
I have a report with 2 groups. First group is called "Outcome" and the second group is called "Result". I was able to get a head count of results by inserting an unbound text. My question is how can I get a running total from the Results group? I hope that makes sense. Thank you NFL wrote: >I have a report with 2 groups. First group is called "Outcome" and the >second group is called "Result". I was able to get a head count of results >by inserting an unbound text. My question is how can I get a running total >fro...

query-based distribution group not showing in Outlook
Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 I have created a query-based distribution group and it isn't showing up in Outlook Address Book. If I create Distribution groups they show up in the Address Book. How do I get the query based groups to show in the Address Book? Under Exchange Advanced I have confirmed that the check box to hide list is unchecked. Thanks, Colin M. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:54:52 -0800, "Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Software: Exchange 2003 standard and Outlook 2003 > >I have created a query-based distribution ...

sorting or grouping on formula based User-defined fields
Hi, I have a formula based user defined field containing the value: Str(Mid([Subject],2,6)) By default it's not possible to sort or group by formula UDF's. Sue Mosher wrote quite a while ago: "Quite right, and thanks for pointing that out. Turns out that I'd had formula and combination fields on the brain lately and hadn't been working with any other kind of UDF for a while. And, of course, there's a workaround. If you need to sort or group by a calculated field, put the formula in code behind the form rather than in the definition of the field." Does any...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

PM HATB by Distribution
I am trying to create a query for PM HATB by distribution and i am having problems with Credit card transactions since it does not create a distribution. Is there a way to link the Credit card invoice to the payment made by credit card? Gerald ...

email to part of Security Group
We have an existing Security group. Management wants some but not all of the members of that group to be able to share a mailbox and email address having the same name as the group. So, I cannot just mail-enable the group, because then all of the members would receive email to that address. I cannot create a new mailbox in Active Directory, because that name is already in use. What can I do? -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:19:48 -0500, "G" <gregstigers+msnews@spamcop.net> wrote: >We have an existing Security ...

Send as group
Hello there, Can anybody tell me how to allow a user to Send As a security/distribution group? After this action the user should be able to use the From-field in Outlook an put in the group name, like support@domain.com. This way any replies will return to the group, not the individual user. PLEASE HELP ME OUT! BTW - Exchange 2000, W2K AD. Thanx in advance! Jakob ...

excess value of group life insurance
Have GP client that provides for group-term life insurance on its employees. Most of it is in excess of the $50K and as such requires reporting the excess value as wages in boxes 1, 3, and 5 of the employee's w-2, as well as in box 12 with code C. What is the best way to report this and have it show up on the employee's w-2 as stated in the above? Also, how will the fica taxes be calculated and captured? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, John Born jborn@osullivancreel.com Hi John: We have the same issue. It seems that not many companies actually repor...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...

ADC
Hello, I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000 server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4 server? Thanks very much You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4. The 5.5 server will run on NT 4 and that's fine. "wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e05nMq6qEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with > Active Directory. Do...

Distribution List Restrictions Exchange 2003
I have some distribution lists setup in my Exchange 2003 organization and have setup restrictions so that these DL's only receive messages from a specific group of people. This works fine if you use Outlook to edit email messages. If you set Word as your email editor it seems that these restrictions are ignored. I removed myself from the group that is able to send to these DLs and I sent a message with the standard email editor and got an NDR back. With Word as my email editor the message is delivered. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If so, can anything be done about it? I can&...

send to distribution list without showing list contents?
How can I send an email to members of a distribution list without every recipent seeing everybody else's e-mail address? Thanks, Paul. Yes, if you use the BCC: field, everyone will get the mail, but they won't see any address but your own. >-----Original Message----- >How can I send an email to members of a distribution list without every >recipent seeing everybody else's e-mail address? > >Thanks, > >Paul. > > >. > Yes, I had tried that, but it's kind of funky that they see the email addressed to ME. Any other suggestions out ther...

PF restore
I think that is possible to make only public folder store restore... Any documentation for public folder store recovery?! Please refer to the Disaster Recovery documentation or your Backup software documentation. It is absolutely possible to restore only the Public Folder Store. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A58F49C5-1190-4FBF-AEDE-007A8F366B0E&displaylang=en (Exchange 2003) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326052 (Exchange 2000) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:u4fxI...

Sending Email From A Distribution Group
Hi All I have set up a Distribution Group that does not have a public folder associated with it, but can recieve email from the internet. I would like some other mailbox users to be able to send email 'from' that distribution group external email address. (So that the replies will be returned to the distribution group) I have followed the instructions that I can find for enabling 'send as' permissions, and this seems to work ok, but I get the following NDR returned, as though the distribution group does not have the permissions to send email... Your message did not re...

Removing ADC
If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any services? Thanks Kit No. "Kit Cheng" <skc@irmphila.com> wrote in message news:OKNNIX74EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any > services? > > Thanks > > Kit > Hi, thanks for your quick respond. I've posted another question but have no answer yet. Below is my other questions: I'm actually in the process of installing Exchange 2003 on a new box now. I am running Exchange 2000 currently and ha...

ADC -- Where is it?
Hi -- I thought that before I was able to use the Exchange System Manager to look and see the Active Directory Connector, but now I can't find it. (I have an Exchange 5.5 and a Exchagne 2003 running together with a 2 way ADC.) Where is the ADC located? I have been having some directory sync problems, and I wanted to look at the ADC, but now I can't find it. I wonder if it's disappeared? Thanks, Blake Blakester: It's me again... I don't recall being able to administer ADC from within ESM. On the server running the ADC, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft ...

"Show in Groups" Function in OE2003
Hello, is there a trick disable this function globally, perhaps with a hidden command line switch like /NoPreview vor the Preview Windows ? Regards Roger opps don't mean OE ! I mean OL 2003 SP1 ! Roger "Roger Wassner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uVLbBy3rEHA.516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > is there a trick disable this function globally, perhaps with a hidden > command line switch like /NoPreview vor the Preview Windows ? > > > > Regards > Roger > > you can disable it globall...

Rename Existing Distribution Lists in Bulk #2
There are many distribution lists name DL - *Something or DL - **Something. This is in the DisplayName and Exchange Alias. I would like to know if there is a script that would allow be to modify the DisplayName and Exchange Alias of these DL's? Any help is appreciated. ...

No Distribution on invoice
I have an invoice created through project accounting on a T&M When Billed project. The project has a Retainer Fee charged each month for the same amount (on top of regular time & expenses). When I look at the invoice, there is no distribution associated with the retainer fee, just the regular time. Any reason this wouldn't be picked up on the GL? ...

Sending distribution list externally loses formatting
Hello, I have a user who has a problem with sending Distribution Lists as an attachment. He uses Outlook 2003 and was trying to send one of his Distribution Lists as an attachment. He would open the DL, and then click on Action -> Forward to send the DL as an attachment. Internal recipients receive the attachment fine, and can add the DL to their Contacts. External recipients receive it as a .msg attachment so it looks like an attached e-mail message with nothing inside. DLs are sent in .msg format when sent as an attachment, but the formatting is lost somewhere so that it becomes unu...

Can't unlink groups of tasks
I am setting up a Project 2003 file for a project involving inspections of 30 facilities. I would like to track them a decrete groups of tasks in the same file. Each facility consists of the same tasks repeated with only the start date different. I created the tasks and timelines for the first facility, got the dependencies and constraints straight, formated the bars and labels, etc. I then copied that group of tasks, changed the facility label for each facility. When I tried to adjust the start date for the second and third groups of tasks, ALL the start dates changed. I checke...