ADC #6

I have done an in place upgrade from nt4 to w2k3 in AD. I am know installing
ADC and get warning message "The Staging Area Doamin is not in native mode"
I do not see how or where I can get this staging area in native mode in that
the inplace upgrade dicatates only two options to make on my upgraded PDC
1) Windows 2003 interim.
For forest that will never have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers
(this change cannot be reversed.)
2) Windows 2000.
For forest that may have Windows 200 Domain controller
Note Both options allow the forest to have Wondows NT4.0 domain controllers.
I do not plan to have ant widows 2000 DC's therfore Option one is what I
selected.

Do I have to be in Native MOde?..If so how do I get there in this type of
upgrade.
Cn I ignore this and go on?...If so what are the implications.

Thanks

Any one?

"Zart the Artist" wrote:

> I have done an in place upgrade from nt4 to w2k3 in AD. I am know installing
> ADC and get warning message "The Staging Area Doamin is not in native mode"
> I do not see how or where I can get this staging area in native mode in that
> the inplace upgrade dicatates only two options to make on my upgraded PDC
> 1) Windows 2003 interim.
> For forest that will never have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers
> (this change cannot be reversed.)
> 2) Windows 2000.
> For forest that may have Windows 200 Domain controller
> Note Both options allow the forest to have Wondows NT4.0 domain controllers.
> I do not plan to have ant widows 2000 DC's therfore Option one is what I
> selected.
>
> Do I have to be in Native MOde?..If so how do I get there in this type of
> upgrade.
> Cn I ignore this and go on?...If so what are the implications.
>

> Thanks

Your target domain must be in native mode for distribution lists used in
mailbox and public folder permissions to be replicated properly.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done an in place upgrade from nt4 to w2k3 in AD. I am know
>installing
> ADC and get warning message "The Staging Area Doamin is not in native
> mode"
> I do not see how or where I can get this staging area in native mode in
> that
> the inplace upgrade dicatates only two options to make on my upgraded PDC
> 1) Windows 2003 interim.
> For forest that will never have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers
> (this change cannot be reversed.)
> 2) Windows 2000.
> For forest that may have Windows 200 Domain controller
> Note Both options allow the forest to have Wondows NT4.0 domain
> controllers.
> I do not plan to have ant widows 2000 DC's therfore Option one is what I
> selected.
>
> Do I have to be in Native MOde?..If so how do I get there in this type of
> upgrade.
> Cn I ignore this and go on?...If so what are the implications.
>

> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Recover Deleted Messages in Outlook Express V 6.0
I inadvertently deleted my inbox thinking it was my sent items folder. Any suggestions on how to recover the messages? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...

Error on Page Internet Explorer 6
I am getting messages which say error on page which are in a yellow triangle Some internet sites which you normally click on dont respond at times. Muc of the functions of web sites work. javascript is mentioned but the fault is not given I am running Win 2000 Pro and I have loaded SP1 and sun java latest version from web site I have played about with the java controls in Explorer- tools- internet options without sucess I have a net gear hardware firewall. I think as I computer user I'm really stuck and having jus spoken to our pc guy he's got the same problems too Can anyone help me- ...

Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1
I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1. There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I am asked; Add/remove Reinstall Remove all After searching the internet for two hours and finding nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed next and the setup, after a setup successful message I pressed finish. Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to...

Outlook Calendar #6
Hi Am using Outlok 2003 in Calendar|Month view. How can I set the view to display the weeks starting day as Sunday and not Monday?? Thanks in advance. Greg Switch to 1 day view and right click in the calendar, select Other Settings and uncheck the box for Compress Weekend Days. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Greg asked: | Hi Am using Outlok 2003 in Calendar|Month view. How...

HOW to remove ADC?
I had upgraded my exchange 5.5 using ADC. After the upgradion i have deleteled the exchange 5.5 accaount from my active directory i dont have the backup of my active directory now i cant remove the ADC or install the new exchange 2003 because its asking for old 5.5 exchange. is there any way by using ADSI edit tool. Please help me. Thanks Manoj. ...

Time Sheet #6
I'm having an issue trying to find a formula that will work for the task I'm trying to complete. I've created an Excel Spreadsheet...broken down into Date columns, and the rows consist of "Time In, Time out, Time In, Time Out." What I'm trying to do is at the end of every column have the time added up and totaled, not including that middle timeout-timein (lunch period). For each of the days of the week, then at the very end of the row that has the daily total hours, I want to calculate the entire weeks total hours worked. What formula's should I use to ...

ADC upgrade to SP1
I have upgraded my Exchange server to SP1. When I tried to do my first cross-administrative group move, I got an error message that such moves are disabled until ADC is upgraded to SP1. When I ran the setup from the SP1\ADC\i386 directory, there is no "upgrade" option available, only Add/remove, reinstall and uninstall. How do you upgrade the ADC to SP1? before you can move mailboxes between admin groups, you must turn your organization into a native organization.. org -> properties -> native mode. make sure you dont have any 5.5 servers!!! if there are, i guess you already ...

ADC in Mfg
Hi, How can I make ADC (Automated Data Collection) read from a csv file instead of a device? Actually our machines have a dedicated Oracle DB, which collects the required info about every machine & Labor, how can I make ADC in GP read from a file or db instead of reading from a device? Thanks. AMH. ...

upgrading #6
I have Money 99 Delux, however Bank of America no longer supports this version. I also have an account with CitiBank, which does support downloading to Money 99. If I up grade to Money 2004 or 2005, will my current files be converted? thank you, James Hall kd6otl@socal.rr.com Provided the same locale of the application (e.g., M99US, M04 US, not M99US, M04UK), the answer is supposed to be yes. Some people (small percentage, but if you are one it's a bad thing) have problems. YMMV. "James Hall" <kd6otl@socal.rr.com> wrote in message news:85c401c495dc$b61a09c0$a30128...

Error #6
When i try to update my accounts in Money 2007 i get this error code ofxhttp404 In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >When i try to update my accounts in Money 2007 i get this error code >ofxhttp404 > How long has this been going on? I think that message comes from the server, which would imply the communications are getting thru. 1. Consider saying who the broker is. If others get or don't get a problem with that broker, it is informative. 2. Particularly if others don't have the problem, consider disabling online access for the broker, and setting up again. Ke...

GP 6.0 issue PDK time sheets wont post so I cant bill Pls help willing to pay for live consult
althought, i ahve approved the time sheets in Dec, some dates in december wont post so we cant bill ... know of anyone that can help? thanks! Cam ...

Outlook Wont Open #6
Outlook does not open on my PC. I am running Vista OS and have Office 2007 installed. When I try to open Outlook the icon displays in the system tray and shows as an open program in task manager but will not pop up and display at all so I cant access my emails. Rebooting and ending the program in task manager doesnt make any difference. Please help. If you double click the icon in the system tray, does Outlook pop up? "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:487459AB-8DF9-49AC-BF11-DF2B2494EE91@microsoft.com... > Outlook does not open on my PC. I am...

ADC
Hello, I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with Active Directory. Does the exchange 5.5 need to be run on windows 2000 server? Can I still install ADC on Exchange 5.5 which is running on NT4 server? Thanks very much You cannot install the ADC executables on NT 4. The 5.5 server will run on NT 4 and that's fine. "wongcna" <wongcna@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e05nMq6qEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I understand ADC is used to synchronize the exchange 5.5 directory with > Active Directory. Do...

Removing ADC
If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any services? Thanks Kit No. "Kit Cheng" <skc@irmphila.com> wrote in message news:OKNNIX74EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If I uninstall ADC, do I need to reboot the server or restart any > services? > > Thanks > > Kit > Hi, thanks for your quick respond. I've posted another question but have no answer yet. Below is my other questions: I'm actually in the process of installing Exchange 2003 on a new box now. I am running Exchange 2000 currently and ha...

ADC -- Where is it?
Hi -- I thought that before I was able to use the Exchange System Manager to look and see the Active Directory Connector, but now I can't find it. (I have an Exchange 5.5 and a Exchagne 2003 running together with a 2 way ADC.) Where is the ADC located? I have been having some directory sync problems, and I wanted to look at the ADC, but now I can't find it. I wonder if it's disappeared? Thanks, Blake Blakester: It's me again... I don't recall being able to administer ADC from within ESM. On the server running the ADC, go to Start > Programs > Microsoft ...

Outlook issue #6
Hi , I have been breaking my head to figure out how to bypass the warnings that pop up when sending emails using external VB program that uses Outlook object. I have gone through the suggestions in http://outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm . I am trying to use extended MAPI to resolve this issue. Below are the details of what I am exactly trying to accomplish. We have an application named MTRS that sends fax. Actually this application uses the Outlook object to send a mail message to a software named Fax Sr/Right Fax. Then Fax Sr/ RightFax sends the fax to the fax machine. MTRS uses Outlo...

Microsoft Word 6.0/95 Documents Not Opening in
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Two recent strange occurrences: <br><br>1)Older documents originally created with Microsoft Word 6.0/95 are not opening in Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac (ver. 11.5.6) even though within their preview (next column over from actual file/document) it says that the document was modified and last opened when the document attempted to open, but actually never appeared. <br><br>2)Some kind of font formatting within even newer, recently created Microsoft Word 2004 documents has changed. Most docum...

Power Manager under Windows CE 6.00
Hi all, I have a question about the power manager settings under Windows CE 6.00 On my BSP, I have 2 serial ports. I have added power management support on the serial port driver. In the registry, I have put following settings: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\COM1] "DeviceArrayIndex"=dword:0 "IoBase"=dword:1000C000 ;UART3 Memory Map Address "IoLen"=dword:D4 "Prefix"="COM" "Dll"="mx27_serial.Dll" "Order"=dword:1 "Priority"=dword:0 "Index"=dword:1 ...

Is this possible? #6
Sorry if a bit of a thicky question! I have a cell that contains text much longer than the cell width so I need the "Wrap text" option set to display over multiple lines - this works fine! BUT the cell also needs to be "merged" with some other cells (in fact 2 others!) The trouble is if the cell is merged I cannot see the whole of the text, it gets truncated & even with "Wrap text" set merging seems to prevent it displaying over muliple lines! Is there a way around this? many thanks & hopefully I've made some sense! harry Add some alt-enters ...

Visual C++ 6 support issue
I have a huge VC++ 6 MFC application (exe and dlls). How long will VC++ 6 MFC be supported by Microsoft....i.e. how long do I have before my application becomes unsupported and must be converted/rewritten to use .Net and/or MFC7? It is a good question. A lot of us wonder the same thing. Bottom line: until VS6 actually stops running, we consider VS7 only as a last-ditch solution. Since effecitively it hasn't been supported in years (SP6 came as a surprise to most of us), it is not something we've been overly concerned with. The real pain is fhe difficulty people have in getting VS6, ...

Exchange 5.5 - ADC
Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003. I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange 2003 server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to route to the exchange 2003 server. Until I retire the 5.5 and move the connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions: 1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just turn circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific? Where do the log files r...

sp 6 Payroll tax update error
client attempted to install Rd 6 payroll tax update and code. The TX.cab file was successful but code update was successful on 2 databases then errored out on the third. She rec'd error: 'The stored procedure smGrantAccessOnAccountMSTR returned the following results: DBMS: 0 MicrosoftDyanmics GP' Has anyone experienced the same? Thanks, Debi And the error is? DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: ? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

ADC issue
I get the following error in adc tool log after i run adc tool how can i fix this.. Matched 'cn=JFOGEL,cn=Recipients,ou=NY01,o=EX01' to 'CN=JENNA FOGEL,OU=Users,OU=5th,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=US1,DC=local' based on SID. In the last exciting episode, "cs" <chanbushah4@hotmail.com> wrote: >I get the following error in adc tool log after i run adc tool how can i fix >this.. > >Matched 'cn=JFOGEL,cn=Recipients,ou=NY01,o=EX01' to 'CN=JENNA >FOGEL,OU=Users,OU=5th,OU=NY,OU=USA,DC=US1,DC=local' based on SID. Doesn't look like an error. I...

Send/Receive #6
While offline I compose message send it an it sits in outbox, I connect to my VPN hit send/receive and they don't go. I close down outlook and start it back up and there not in outbox and not sent. I disconnect from VPN close outlook and re open it and there back in outbox. Any answers to this one. I am having a similar situation using outlook from XP, and cisco vpn 3000 software. The email sits in the outbox and never sends. Even with the VPN client not connected to our server. What version of vpn client are you using? I need help with this also. Thanks. >-----Original Mess...

Backup #6
I want to backup my money 2004 standard transactions to Drive E (DVD/CD-RW burner).When I go to Tools/Options/Backup, I delete the path that puts the backup to drive C and enter "E:\My Money Backup" (without quotes) and click ok. I get a window saying the path is invalid. I used this method on my old computer and it works great. When I would close out Money, the new transactions would go straight to the E drive. What must I do to have Money 2004 do the same thing? Any and all help will be appreciated. Chuck I'm betting your old computer had DirectCD or some similar pack...