AD connector and directory replication question

We're running Exchange 5.5 and have an external site running Exchange
2000 pushing and pulling GAL information to our site using their AD
connector.  We want to be able to send Outlook meeting invitations to
each other and understand that in order to do this must allow the
messages to be sent in Rich Text.  My question is that is there a way
to have the external site push their address list to us, and have the
"Allow Rich Text in messages" option checked by default? (seems that
when we receive their address list the users are imported as custom
recipients without this item checked)  OR...is there a way in Exchange
5.5 to send attachments in html (I think this will accomplish the same
thing) to only certain domains?
0
Mike

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

Public folders calendar question
We use the global calendar quite frequently and now have begun to set up department public calendars. We want those deparment calendars to update the global calendar is this possible or are there better solutions. We are running SBS 2003 Premium (Exchange 03, outlook 03) Thanks ...

table design question
I have table of 40 milion rows (sql 2005). There is one column, Id, which is integer (basically month), and there are 20 different values for this column (around 2 million rows per id value). At the same time, there is very long primary key on this table (12 columns, around 400 bytes), and nonclustered index on this primary key. Table is being accessed frequently by Id, so I created clustered index on this column (usually, developers create temporary tables per id, and then do further processing) to lower physical reads... Does this sound like a desirable design? I don't wan...

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

ADDING A NUMBER

XmlTextReader Question

adding new records

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

Setup Question in SOP
In Payables, when you choose a vendor and enter an invoice it automatically defaults to the same vendor as you go to enter the next invoice. I am unable to get this process to work in the Receivables & SOP modules. Is this a setup issue or it just does not do it for those modules. Any input would be appreciated because this is really a helpful tactic. Thanks Barb No, they don't work that way. Most of the time, customers requests for products are all entered on one SOP document rather than several different ones. I would bet your sales are done remotely and entered into th...

Macro creation question
I have a spreadsheet that has 20 rows of figures that I want to calculate with a resulting total at the bottom. I can easily create a macro that will automate this task so I could run it on other spreadsheets. However, the other spreadsheets (there are hundreds of them) may have any number of rows to calculate.(The raw data is coming from scanned documents directly into Excel). Can I have a macro that will do the calculations I want no matter how many rows there are in the spreadsheet? All the columns are identical, I just want to automate an otherwise time consuming job. Thanks, Ted T...

Question abount sent items
Hello all, I know this is by design but I am asking the question anyway. When I associate someone elses' mailbox to my account and send an email on their behalf, Is there a way to make the sent items appear in their mailboxes instead of mine? Thanks in advance ...

When adding attachments...

eConnect question #3
When integrating inventory items via eConnect, is it possible to assign the item to all existing sites? Tony: Yes you can do that - by building your own code in the taUpdateCreateItemRcdPost procedure - I added the following code and now when I pass one item all of the sites of I have set up are now inserted into the IV00102 table. I just did a quick test and it seemed to work out fine. Here is the simple code you would add to the post procedure. I hope this is what you are looking for - I built this on 9.x (hopefully it pastes in here okay). Code to insert: insert into IV00102 (I...

Connector and Outlook 2003
I've been using Connector with my Outlook 2003 and MSN account since last summer with no problems till I changed my pw the other day. It seemed to stop working completely. Removed connector, reinstalled, repaired, got mad, gave up and now I'm here cause I hate using 2 different programs for my email (using Live Mail now for MSN and Outlook for gmail and work email). When I try to add the MSN to Outlook, I get an error that says "The Requested Operation Failed" and when I try to add it through Outlook Connector by hitting "Add a New Account", it doesn&#...

How do I delete Connectors?
How do I get rid of them? If singly, just click to select the autoshape, press Delete. If these are grouped with other autoshapes, right-click > Grouping > Ungroup. Then click elsewhere to deselect, then click to re-select just the connector and press Delete. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "David" wrote: > How do I get rid of them? If singly, just click to select the autoshape, press Delete. If these are grouped with other autoshapes, right-click > Grouping > Ungroup. Then click elsewhere to deselect, then click to re-sele...

Quick VB Question
Hi, I'm just wanting to know what this code does? I wrote it ages ago, and I cant get it to work!! Thanks, Sub Connects() Dim intRow As Integer Dim txt As String intRow = 1 Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(intRow, 1)) Cells(intRow, 1) = Cells(intRow, 1) & " " & Cells(intRow, 2) Cells(intRow, 2).ClearContents Range(Cells(intRow, 1), Cells(intRow, 2)).Merge intRow = intRow + 1 Loop Columns(1).AutoFit End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Basically it works done a range in column A and for each cell appends the value found next door in column B. Then it ...

windows xp file name convertion question
I have windows xp and office xp professonal. I have several folders with many many files in them. Is there anyway I can import the file names, not the files themselves into excel. You can use code like this Here is a macro example from Dave Peterson Try it in a new workbook Change the folder myPath = "c:\data" Sub testme() Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String 'change to point at the folder to check myPath = "c:\data" If Right(myPath, 1) <> "\" Then myPath = myPath &am...

Sort Question
Hello, I have a Combo Box as a Group By item in my Access 2007 report. The grouping is correct, however the sorting appers to take place based on the ID Column(0) of the Combo Box insted of actual text Column(1). How can I force the report to sort by the value and not the ID? Thank you, Silvio Your report's record source must contain the table and field with "the value" so you can use it to sort. This seems to be another reason why lookup fields in tables are a bad idea. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Silvio" wrote: > Hello,...

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Question on Connectors. 3 servers
I've confused myself. 3 servers: server1, server2 & server3. Server1 was our original Exchange box. We've outgrown that box and added another, and migrated most accounts to this server: Server2. We had been using NAV for Exchange, but have now purchased MailSweeper. Ran into some problems and decided I need a test server to work out these problems: Server3. I added a test account on the test server. With that account I can send and receive internet email. I did not add a IMC to the test server, so how am I able to "send" using this test account? thanks Hi Jo...