Activities Tab behaviour for items Public Contact Folders

We have set up a Public Contacts Folder in Exchange 2003 and have assigned
some Activities Tab folder groups (each activity gruop points to another
single Public Mail item Folder).
When using the Activities Tab on different Contacts, sometimes the
associated mail items are located, sometimes not , (or sometimes not right
away but say the next day).
We can't find any documentation on how the Activites Tab works. Would anyone
pleae know: What match critera is used (eg is it the name, email1 address
etc)? Is there a lag between putting in the Contact item and associated
Activities (eg won't work until some backend Exchange index process runs)?
0
NeilD (3)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Restricting Items available for purchase by customer
In SOP order entry is there any way to restrict what a customer is "allowed" to purchase? We used to use the price sheet assigned to the customer. When we would enter an item for the customer if it wasn't in the price sheet it would not allow an entry. We then implemented EDI and noticed that we were having errors importing the EDI orders e.g. List Price not found. We worked it out to be the Base price book, there was nothing configured in there. - we put all items in the base price book and it cleared all the problems, however, a user can now enter any item for a custo...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Read Receipts to different folder
I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? Please help. Use a rule to move them, click Tools, Rules and alerts. April Axe wrote: > I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to > go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it > can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? > > P...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

WLM and deleted items folder
Under Win 7 64 bit and still having problems: Main one is items in deleted folder not emptying on exit Works ok on my vista machine but not Win7 Any fixes? Thanks Bill Hi, Bill. You are not using the latest build of WLMail. That may or may not have an effect on your problem. To get the current build (14.0.8089.0726, which was released last summer), go to: http://download.live.com RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Bill" <me@athome.com>...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

multiple contacts for e mails
Have outlook 2007 with 1500 contact details but only use 300 for e mails. How can I create just an e mail list or address book and how do I get this to show as it displays the default address book only.2003 could point to a number of contact lists Nothing has changed. What makes you think it has? Just configure the Outlook Address Book. It will display as many folders as you want, just as it always has. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAAA8DC-3525-4AD0-A1D3-9155AD02E49E@microsoft.com... > Have outlook 20...

Exmerge Items from the Dumpster
I'm using Exmerge and choosing the option to extract 'Items from the dumpster.' However, when I open up the pst file that is created, I don't see any of the items from the dumpster. I have verified that I have Send As and Receive As rights over the database. I've also verified that there are actually items in the dumpster to extract. What else am I missing...? when you use exmerge to extract these items, they will appear in the folders they were in just prior to being sent to the dumpster... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Adoyt" <Adoyt@discussions.microso...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Price Lists
I think I know what the answer is going to be. Our retail arm sells all products at 100% of list price; the item price lists are set up accordingly. However we'd like to have a price level of cost+0%, which we can use to sell items to certain wholesale divisions of our company. It doesn't look like I can assign two price levels having different price methods to the same item. Am I right? Our list price includes GST and markup, so figuring cost backwards from list will always be a two step process (in case anyone was about to suggest that). Am I missing something? You can set...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

can't create a new folder
Office 2003 on XP Outlook is refusing to create a new folder, but at a previous job, I know I had more. What type of email account? What exactly happens when you try? Are you creating a new pst file or just folders within your current message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEA...

backup contacts groups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable any way to backup/export the groups from the contacts. export CVS does not save the groups lists. mikeyshd ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3Dtext...

CListCtrl and sub item editting
Hi, Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a custom ctrl? I am using VS2003. TIA Tony >Is it possible to implement CListCtrl sub item editting without creating a >custom ctrl? Tony , There's no built-in support for this, so no, you have to provide some implementation for this. Have a look on sites such as CodeGuru and CodeProject, they'll have examples. Dave Thanks Dave, I've seen examples, I just wasnt sure if I needed my own ctrl. Regards Tony "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:k...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Public Folders needed from Exchange 2003 Server no longer in AD
An Exchange 2003 Server holding Calendars and Public Folders did not have Replication set up with other Exchange 2003 Servers on the network and was removed from the Active Directory before this was discovered. Thereby, users are unable to get into their Calendars. We are now looking for the best scenario to recover the Folders and Calendars from the Exchange Server that is no longer included in the Active Directory. Is there a way to add the Exchange Server back? Or is the best bet to restore from tape? Thank you in advance! On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:02 -0700, ammathest <a...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Mail Enabled Public Folders
When receiving external email which is destined for a mail-enabled public folder it ends up as a POST rather than an email. This is due to our non-mapi SMTP relay. Does anyone have a solution for this for Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks Dave Hi Dave This link should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;817809 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dave Turner" <davet@logic.bm> wrote in message news:uIDzjzPvEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When receiving external e...

No MDX syntax highlighting or Design Set tab in SSRS 2008
I'm a reporting services developer, and I've been resisting moving from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 for two reasons. The first is that I write some pretty complex MDX reports and in SSRS 2008 there is no syntax highlighting. Furthmore, when I'm adding SSRS 2005 MDX reports, it throws everything into a big pile, and ruins my spacing, tabs, etc. I can't even do a Ctrl + A to select it All. Its just really disappointing that they took steps backward in their code editor from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008. Also, I'm not a really big fan of getting rid of the design tab. It&#...

how to drag multiple items to pivot table report at once
I am creating and re-creating a database of numerous products with specifics about each one. When I do the pivot table, is there a way to easily drag all the items into the data field rather than having to sit and individually drag and drop each one? ...

outlook reminders in sub folders
I posted a notice couple of weeks ago about how outlook will not notify users when reminders have been set on an email and then the email is moved into a sub folder of the inbox. I received a reply about an add in called extended reminders at http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm so I downloaded it and gave it a try; however, this program does not seem to work consistently. ** So the question is does anyone have another solution for this particular problem? It is not a problem, it is a design feature. BTW, if you post the problem you had to Ken, he is back online after ...