Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts

I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange
2k3.  I've also created a journal folder in the public folders.

I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the
activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go
into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal.  How do I do
this?

0
dave8525 (1)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Read Receipts to different folder
I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? Please help. Use a rule to move them, click Tools, Rules and alerts. April Axe wrote: > I want to continue to receive my read receipts, but i do not wish for them to > go directly into my inbox. How do I set it up so when I get a read receipt it > can go directly into a separate sub-folder I created specifically for them? > > P...

Journal Entry Batch Posting by another User
Hi, Is there a way in Dynamics GP to setup Journal Entry Posting so that the User(User1) that creates a batch cannot post their own batches. Then another User(User2) would post their batches. Yet User1 would post User2's batches. Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome. Thank you, Jon I initailly thought about turning on Batch approvals but it doesn't seem to apply here since you are just looking for a check to make sure someone else checks a batch. I might look in your SY00500 Table (which is your batch information) at the different fields. I am looking at one and it has a fi...

Outlook Junk Folder
Hi, Is there a way to place an icon for the "Empty Junk Email Folder" on the toolbar? Thanks On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:06:15 -0700, "Paul Ellis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is there a way to place an icon for the "Empty Junk Email >Folder" on the toolbar? > Not that I can find. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2 www.newsrover.com ...

How do i remove Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup
How do I remove Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup program if Windows 2000 Add/Remove Programs does not delete everything? Remove it by Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options...-> button COM Add-Ins -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "OutlookHow" <OutlookHow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B7C34AA-B7BA-4D3F-97E7-67BD5478BE1A@microsoft.com... > How do I remove Microsoft Outlook Per...

WLM and deleted items folder
Under Win 7 64 bit and still having problems: Main one is items in deleted folder not emptying on exit Works ok on my vista machine but not Win7 Any fixes? Thanks Bill Hi, Bill. You are not using the latest build of WLMail. That may or may not have an effect on your problem. To get the current build (14.0.8089.0726, which was released last summer), go to: http://download.live.com RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Bill" <me@athome.com>...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Public Folders needed from Exchange 2003 Server no longer in AD
An Exchange 2003 Server holding Calendars and Public Folders did not have Replication set up with other Exchange 2003 Servers on the network and was removed from the Active Directory before this was discovered. Thereby, users are unable to get into their Calendars. We are now looking for the best scenario to recover the Folders and Calendars from the Exchange Server that is no longer included in the Active Directory. Is there a way to add the Exchange Server back? Or is the best bet to restore from tape? Thank you in advance! On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:02 -0700, ammathest <a...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

accounting ledgers and journals
Has anyone found a templete for accounting journals and ledgers? I'm struggling with my accounting homework! Thanks! ...

New Public Folder Store
I created a new public folder store in Exchange 2003. Within that store I created a new public folder. How can I get Outook to show that new public folder store? is it your first public store, or another one? only the first public store is available via MAPI/Outlook...any others are accessible via IE... "viper" <viper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03BA62A8-539B-4B4A-9F93-7F3A54407156@microsoft.com... > I created a new public folder store in Exchange 2003. Within that store I > created a new public folder. How can I get Outook to show that new p...

Mail Enabled Public Folders
When receiving external email which is destined for a mail-enabled public folder it ends up as a POST rather than an email. This is due to our non-mapi SMTP relay. Does anyone have a solution for this for Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks Dave Hi Dave This link should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;817809 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dave Turner" <davet@logic.bm> wrote in message news:uIDzjzPvEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When receiving external e...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Unread messages in Public Folders
Hi all, I have two problems with public folders: - OWA nor Outlook doesn't display count of unread messages, regardless whether per-user read/unread information is checked or not - I'm unable to setup Outlook to show desktop alert on new messages in any public folder; the dummy rule with display desktop alert option doesn't work - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Robert On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:21:05 +0100, "Robert Goldwein" <robert.goldwein@dtptools.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have two problems with public folders: >- OWA nor Outlook doesn&#...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

outlook reminders in sub folders
I posted a notice couple of weeks ago about how outlook will not notify users when reminders have been set on an email and then the email is moved into a sub folder of the inbox. I received a reply about an add in called extended reminders at http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm so I downloaded it and gave it a try; however, this program does not seem to work consistently. ** So the question is does anyone have another solution for this particular problem? It is not a problem, it is a design feature. BTW, if you post the problem you had to Ken, he is back online after ...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...