active sync and exchange 2003

Hi,

    I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA
folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL
and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following
location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created
another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical
instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and
that works just fine.
When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to
come up with outlook web access but all the icons are missing and not
showing up correctly also when i try to access it via active sync on my
pocket pc 2003 PDA it says "Your account does not have permission to
syncwith your current  settings. Contact your Microsoft Exchange
administrator." Error code HTTP_403. I have the sync server set to
mail.domain.com with out mail.domain.com/exchangeoma is that correct?

Chris

0
k0rnshell (37)

We had a similar issue that was fixed by KB817379.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379

Hope that helps,
J. Parker

0
prkrnt (26)
3/24/2005 4:34:04 PM
As I stated in my previouse post I already tried KB817379 and I am still
having problems.

Please help.

Chris

"J. Parker" <prkrnt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We had a similar issue that was fixed by KB817379.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379
>
> Hope that helps,
> J. Parker

0
k0rnshell (37)
3/24/2005 6:14:48 PM
Now I recive Access was denied. Check your server username and password in
Active Sync Option.
Error code: HTTP_401

Anyone ever see this before?

"Chris T." <k0rnshell@charter.net> wrote in message
> As I stated in my previouse post I already tried KB817379 and I am still
> having problems.
>
> Please help.
>
> Chris
>
> "J. Parker" <prkrnt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> We had a similar issue that was fixed by KB817379.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> J. Parker

0
k0rnshell (37)
3/25/2005 3:02:50 AM
http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/unresolveditems.htm

This artical helped, I unchecked all calander, contacts, and inbox on the
pocket pc then reentered the username, password, and domain. Everything
seems to be working now.

> Now I recive Access was denied. Check your server username and password in
> Active Sync Option.
> Error code: HTTP_401
>
> Anyone ever see this before?
>
> "Chris T." <k0rnshell@charter.net> wrote in message
>> As I stated in my previouse post I already tried KB817379 and I am still
>> having problems.
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "J. Parker" <prkrnt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> We had a similar issue that was fixed by KB817379.
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> J. Parker

0
k0rnshell (37)

Junk E-Mail filter problem in Outlook 2003
Suddenly, all the junk e-mail that would normally go to the Junk E-Mail folder is now just dropping into my Inbox. I mean all the junk e-mail. It's catching nothing. I have it set on Low and it always let some stuff slip through, but now it is just not working at all. I changed it to High and exited Outlook, re-opened Outlook and set it back to Low, exited Outlook and re-opened it and still I get the same behavior. Never seen this one before. This is Outlook 2003 on WinXP and it's a POP account. Any help would be appreciated. Russell Campbell <nospam@123nospam321.com&...

RPC over HTTP on a SBS 2003
I have setup my SBS box to use RPC over HTTP. At first I tried to do setup the client without SSL to test it. This failed. I preceded to setup SSL and tried RPC over HTTPs, hoping I may find something I missed during the initial test. I am still not able to connect my clients using RPC over HTTP. We put a sniffer on the server and the test client. You can watch the client try to use HTTP first without only acknowledge reset sent back from the server. After the client tries 5 - 6 times it defaults to normal RPC. With HTTPs the client requests the server, and the server acknowledges. Th...

Exchange 2003 corrupting attachments
Good morning, I've got an Exchange 2003 server which is set up to be able to accept and relay messages for anyone within both a specific IP block and as well as for any authenticated user. So the machine can send/rec messages to any authenticated user, and anyone within my internal network can use the Exchange server to relay messages (for automated logging scripts). That being said, here is my problem: I've got a developer who's trying to write a script that will grab some logs from a tomcat install and mail them to his email address within the company, the email messag...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Syncing one note from smart phone to computer
I used One Note on my smart phone just text and it won't sync. Ive looked in HTC my documents it has a word document and excel document from before but not One note. I have One Note 2007 on my computer and One Note Mobile Build 12.04518.1155 on my HTC HD 2. I have also looked in the files using Explorer. Can anyone help? -- sparkes sparkes wrote: > I used One Note on my smart phone just text and it won't sync. Ive > looked in HTC my documents it has a word document and excel document > from before but not One note. I have One Note 2007 on my computer and > ...

How to monitor Outlook 2003 performance/health
I've Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2000 server account built in the profile. I need to monitor Outlook performance accessing to the nailbox and Exchange 2000 public folder. Often I got the red exclamation mark on Outlook icon in system tray to explain that Outlook doesn't respond (I think it's trying to retrieve Exchange 2000 data). Is there any tool client or server side to log/track the activity ? Thanks Sergio ...

Disclaimer in Exchange 2003 #3
Hi, Is there any option in Exchange 2003 to add a message (Just like Disclaimer or Signature) to all outgoing Messages without using any third party S/W. If no, is there any freeware software available to achive this. Please Help.. Thanks, Vineet The free GFI module? http://www.msexchange.org/news/Disclaimer_software_for_Exchange_Server_provided_free_by_GFI.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Vineet" <Vineet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1740AA0-078F-4898-BC8E-4BF8E8A6A117@mic...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Micrsoft Money 2003 "This program is not responding"
HELP!!! I have some sort of hang up on my MS Money program. I have just spent hour inputing iformation into my Mirsoft Money and all of a sudden in got hung up. The hourglass is present whenever I try to attempt any sort of function. When I try to close the program to save all of my information, a small screen comes up and says, "This program is not responding. If you choose to end the progam immediately you will lose any unsaved data." Does anyone know how to save my data without ending the program, or is there a way to get my program to respond again? The CPU usage ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Exchange 2003 Server Configuration
I am buying a new HP server: Dual 3.0Ghz Xeon, 2GB RAM, and I am looking for some opinion on my RAID setup. I have two (6) drive SCSI bays. One will remain empty for future growth and one will have (6) drives. This server has a built in (2) channel Ultra 3 SCSI and I plan on having (2) 36 GB drives as a Raid 1 for my OS and Exchange program on channel 1 and the other (4) drives will be 72GB and configured as RAID 0+1 on the second channel. To me this seems like the most logical and efficient method for maximum I/O on my box. What are others doing in this scenario? What would be a better rout...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Outlook 2003 link problem
When I click on a link in my inbox, I receive the following error: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my security settings in IE and locally, but cannot find anything that would restrict access. Also, I tried using the fix suggestions for this problem related to outlook 2002, KB article 310049. Any suggestions would be welcome. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

SBS 2003
Hi All I have recently started working on a server that someone else has set up - and they opted to use SBS 2003, when all they needed was Server 2003 standard edition, because they do not use any of the SBS features. I would love to just format the server and re-install, but that is just not a viable option at this stage. So, what I would like to do is stop or even better remove Exchange, as Exchange is certainly not beig used, and is eating resources for nothing. Does anyone have tips on the best way to do this? I have seen some say that removing Exchange is the last thin...

Legacy Sendmail appliance rejected by Exchange 2003
We have a Cobalt Qube 2 email appliance and are having trouble sending messages with attachments to a vendor who just upgraded to Exchange 2003. I was told it's because our Qube uses a legacy version of sendmail. Is there any way to configure the highly-secure Exchange server to accept these messages? Thanks. Do you get any NDRs for emails with attachments? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Bruno71" <Bruno71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30E9667C-B403-4891-98F6-B28A...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 and external email
I recently installed Outlook 2003 on a citrix server. We have and exchange Server 2000 for internal email and use a pop server for external because only managers have external email. On outlook 2000 I could send a message to both an internal email address and an external email address on the same message. On the Outlook 2003 it only sends to the default mail server which ever one I have picked as the default. What do I need to set to make it try both? Thanks for any advice. I wanted to give this to the executives because of all the cool features of Outlook 2003 but they are the...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Public Folders needed from Exchange 2003 Server no longer in AD
An Exchange 2003 Server holding Calendars and Public Folders did not have Replication set up with other Exchange 2003 Servers on the network and was removed from the Active Directory before this was discovered. Thereby, users are unable to get into their Calendars. We are now looking for the best scenario to recover the Folders and Calendars from the Exchange Server that is no longer included in the Active Directory. Is there a way to add the Exchange Server back? Or is the best bet to restore from tape? Thank you in advance! On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:02 -0700, ammathest <a...

Duplicate Exchange System Objects
How did they get there and how do I get rid of them???? Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Thanks! Where are you seeing these duplicate objects? In ESM or ADUC? And, which container? -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "kleac" <kleac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FE24B4-4374-4338-824B-094C9537849C@microsoft.com... > How did they get there and how do I get rid of them???? Exchange 2000 on > Windows 2000. > > Thanks! In ADUC and through ADSIedit, directly beneath the domain. "Jim McB...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...