Active Directory contact objects

Hi,

Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
address created via exchange tasks.

Aloha Andy,

When did you create them?  It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt
and pushed out to your client machines.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had
> email address created via exchange tasks.

0
bens1 (1425)
5/2/2006 11:17:59 PM
One was creted yesterday, the other around a week ago. any way that this can
be forced.

process i used:
-create AD contact object
-ADUC - right click object, all tasks, exchange tasks, create email address

anything i have forgotten

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" wrote:

> Aloha Andy,
>
> When did you create them?  It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt
> and pushed out to your client machines.
>
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> > appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had
> > email address created via exchange tasks.

Dear Andy,

try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
"Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
tab udner properties of this contact.

pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem

Regards

Alaa Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
> address created via exchange tasks.

0
alaa (132)
5/2/2006 11:27:42 PM
thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
hidden from the exchange address lists.

Anything else i can check

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> Dear Andy,
>
> try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
> "Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
> tab udner properties of this contact.
>
> pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem
>

> Regards
>
> Alaa Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>

> "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> > appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
> > address created via exchange tasks.

Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
generating the offline address book.

--
Regards
Pano Boschung

"Pano Boschung" wrote:

> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> generating the offline address book.

Or you just need to download the oab manually.
Cheers mate, thats the puppy.

is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?

"Pano Boschung" wrote:

> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> generating the offline address book.
>
> --
> Regards
> Pano Boschung
>

> "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
>
> > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
> > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
> > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
> > hidden from the exchange address lists.
> >
> > Anything else i can check
> >

> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Andy,
> > >
> > > try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
> > > "Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
> > > tab udner properties of this contact.
> > >
> > > pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem
> > >

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Alaa Al-Ankar
> > > Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> > >

> > > "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

As I know that's not possible, but outlook should download oab automatically
at least every 24 hours.

There are some interesting articles concerning cache mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870926/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823580/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831124/en-us

--
Regards
Pano Boschung

"Andy Wolsten" wrote:

> Cheers mate, thats the puppy.
>
> is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?
>
> "Pano Boschung" wrote:
>
> > Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> > In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> > If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> > generating the offline address book.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Pano Boschung
> >

> > "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
> >
> > > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
> > > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
> > > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
> > > hidden from the exchange address lists.
> > >
> > > Anything else i can check

If the problem for one user and one outlook profile, then the problem is
from that outlook profile and you need to re-download or configure the
offline address book using the second link from Pano's post, but if the
problem is for all your users , then as Pano said , the problem is from your
offline address book, and you need to re-generate it from ESM.

here are some good Technet Links which might help you as well:
How to Control Offline Address Book Download Behavior in Outlook in Cached
Exchange Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/OfflineAddressGuide/33937b1e-33ec-4e7d-b768-6688d562c3dc.mspx?mfr=true

Configuring Clients for Offline Address Book Use

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/OfflineAddressGuide/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.mspx?mfr=true

i hope that the above links will be useful for you, please let us know if
you need more help.

Regards

Alaa Al-Ankar

> Cheers mate, thats the puppy.
>
> is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?
>
> "Pano Boschung" wrote:
>
>> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
>> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
>> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
>> generating the offline address book.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Pano Boschung
>>

>> "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
>>
>> > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update
>> > Service
>> > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run
>> > the
>> > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were
>> > not
>> > hidden from the exchange address lists.
>> >
>> > Anything else i can check

0
alaa (132)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Outlook 2003 Contact files
I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat the harddrive and do PC Restore from Dell. In another dump move I forgot to print out the data. Fortunately I did make a full back up of all my files. I know the Contact data must be in the back up somewhere but I can't identify the files. Can anyone help? "Roberta Kay" <Roberta Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A97608-3D82-4A32-B404-8432480063FD@microsoft.com... >I forgot to expert my contact data in Outlook 2003 before I had to reformat > the harddrive and do P...

master contact and calendar lists
Greetings all. I have an exchange server on my network and I want to create 2 master calendars and 1 master contact list. 3 or 4 users should have admin rights to it and the rest read only rights. Is creating them in a public folder the only way to go about this? Would it be better just to create a few user accounts just to create the above items? Or is there a better way to go about doing this? Any info or suggestions would be great. Think about it from admin and user perspective - public folders is easier, imo. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "st...

Designate Plain Text for Some Contacts
I'm using Windows Live Mail as my Windows default email program. I would like to designate only some of my contacts to receive Plain Text email, rather than HTML. Thus, when I select a Group to send an email to, I want some will get plain text, and others will get HTML. How can that be accomplished in Windows Live Mail? ROFL - you're joking right?! You think there is anything that sophisticated about WLM ? "pcOxygen" <pcOxygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E4A3FB-C61E-4DEF-B16C-512FBF8CE789@microsoft.com... > I'm usi...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Contacts list causes program to crash
Someone at the office is running on a W2K professional with Outlook 2000 and has run into a problem when accessing her Contacts list from the Address Book. This only started today after she did her last Windows Update. This doesn't happen to any other of her lists. When she scrolls or pages through the list, it always stops at the same place and then the program crashes. This happens everytime and always at the same place. I assume this is might be a corrupted list. Is this a text file that I can fix or is it some type of database file? Thanks, Tom ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Activex component cant create object
HI,After i setup user security in my database, i get this error message when i try to create a new object like a query or a form with a wizard."ActiveX component cant create object".I have logged on as user in admin group with all permission granted. what could i have missed?thanks for any helpRamesh No CW, i did not split the db.I simply used the wizard to set user security from a remote PC on the network. Then i wrkgadm.exe to join to the secured.mdw on the PC hosting the db.Ramesh"Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12C2E216...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Module handle of a given object instance
Hi, Does anybody know how to obtain a handle to the module in which a given object instance was created (allocated) ? For example, in DLL2.dll, I allocate an object MyDerivedObject* pInstance = new MyDerivedObject() MyDerivedObject derives from MyObject, a base class implmented in another dll, DLL1.dll . Then I use base class methods located in DLL1.dll pInstance->ABaseClassMethod() Witihin MyObject::ABaseClassMethod(), I would like to know where "this" was allocated, i.e. get a handle to DLL2.dll . I would like to avoid using filenames, to keep things general. Andres &q...

multiple contacts for e mails
Have outlook 2007 with 1500 contact details but only use 300 for e mails. How can I create just an e mail list or address book and how do I get this to show as it displays the default address book only.2003 could point to a number of contact lists Nothing has changed. What makes you think it has? Just configure the Outlook Address Book. It will display as many folders as you want, just as it always has. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAAA8DC-3525-4AD0-A1D3-9155AD02E49E@microsoft.com... > Have outlook 20...

cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)
I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a fresh Office 2004 into it. However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document, which I use a lot. First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the error mess to english here) If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like "cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8" Somebody said that there could be a clash between some fre...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

backup contacts groups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable any way to backup/export the groups from the contacts. export CVS does not save the groups lists. mikeyshd ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3Dtext...

Range of object _Worksheet failed #2
Thanks, I'll give it a try -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27028 ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Duplicate Exchange System Objects
How did they get there and how do I get rid of them???? Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Thanks! Where are you seeing these duplicate objects? In ESM or ADUC? And, which container? -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "kleac" <kleac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FE24B4-4374-4338-824B-094C9537849C@microsoft.com... > How did they get there and how do I get rid of them???? Exchange 2000 on > Windows 2000. > > Thanks! In ADUC and through ADSIedit, directly beneath the domain. "Jim McB...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

"fixed objects will move" warning
Dear experts, I am trying to post this again as I haven't solved my issue yet. I have a long spreadsheet (3000 rows) with columns where many cells contain comments. This causes the spreadsheet to give this warning message "fixed objects will move" whenever I try to autofilter.... and I need to hit escape hundred times to get rid of this message. Can you imagine how bad this can be when the users are going to have to use this and autofilter items in the spredasheet! Can you please help me? Any hint is precious. I have already tried the hint from the previous post t...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...