Account needs to read all messages in EVERY MB

To clarify:  I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an account
to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read the
messages in the boxes.  It's for our wonderful security team.

Will View Only Admin do the trick?  I'm thinking not...

If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the point.
0
jms (36)

It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a
liability. . .
"JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To clarify:  I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an
> account
> to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read the
> messages in the boxes.  It's for our wonderful security team.
>
> Will View Only Admin do the trick?  I'm thinking not...
>
> If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the point.

0
ablevins (28)
4/15/2005 3:03:07 PM
I know it's liability, but it's for our security teams usage.

Why send as permissions?  I don't want to send, I want to just have read
only access to the MBs.  They can open it, view messages, and that's it.

"Andrew Blevins" wrote:

> It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a
> liability. . .
> "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > To clarify:  I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an
> > account
> > to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read the
> > messages in the boxes.  It's for our wonderful security team.
> >
> > Will View Only Admin do the trick?  I'm thinking not...
> >
> > If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the point.

0
jms (36)
4/15/2005 5:10:03 PM
Thats the permission necessary to open all the mailboxes on a store. Yo
>I know it's liability, but it's for our security teams usage.
>
> Why send as permissions?  I don't want to send, I want to just have read
> only access to the MBs.  They can open it, view messages, and that's it.
>
> "Andrew Blevins" wrote:
>
>> It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a
>> liability. . .
>> "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > To clarify:  I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an
>> > account
>> > to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read
>> > the
>> > messages in the boxes.  It's for our wonderful security team.
>> >
>> > Will View Only Admin do the trick?  I'm thinking not...
>> >
>> > If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the
>> > point.

0
ablevins (28)
4/15/2005 8:26:25 PM
You can test with just one, or the other, but I think you'll have to do both
to make it work. Let me know if you test it.
"JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know it's liability, but it's for our security teams usage.
>
> Why send as permissions?  I don't want to send, I want to just have read
> only access to the MBs.  They can open it, view messages, and that's it.
>
> "Andrew Blevins" wrote:
>
>> It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a
>> liability. . .
>> "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > To clarify:  I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an
>> > account
>> > to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read
>> > the
>> > messages in the boxes.  It's for our wonderful security team.
>> >
>> > Will View Only Admin do the trick?  I'm thinking not...
>> >
>> > If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the
>> > point.

0
ablevins (28)
4/15/2005 8:27:00 PM
Yep, that did it.  I guess I just learned something new!

"Andrew Blevins" wrote:

> You can test with just one, or the other, but I think you'll have to do both
> to make it work. Let me know if you test it.
> "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know it's liability, but it's for our security teams usage.
> >
> > Why send as permissions?  I don't want to send, I want to just have read
> > only access to the MBs.  They can open it, view messages, and that's it.
> >
> > "Andrew Blevins" wrote:
> >
> >> It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a
> >> liability. . .
> >> "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jms (36)

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Do not always receive Out of Office message
We are running in Exchange 2000 environment. For some reason, whenever someone has the Out of Office Assistant setup and turned on, and another user sends that person a message...they only get the Out of Office message one time and one time only. Is there any way to receive that message EVERY TIME you send the out of office person a message? The Out of Office Assistant is set-up to only reply to an address one time. If you want out of office replies sent out for each incoming message, set-up a rule with Rules Wizard. Louise "Anthony" <Anthony.Preston@mkmv.com> wrote...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Need a formula 02-04-10
I have several worksheets with employees’ ID numbers and expenses. They can be reimbursed ½ of what they have spent up to a total of $400 on each tab. They have a maximum of $1000 to be reimbursed for across all tabs. They might not have expenses in each category (tab). Is there a formula that could calculate for me which employees have reached their maximum and which employees have not? How is your workbook set up? Is it a sheet per employee/category/tab? How many tabs? Try to describe it a bit more please. The answer will be quite simple but with so many unanswered poi...

Overlimit messages
Is there a way to CC an admin when a user recieves an over the limit message, so the admin will know in advance that there are problems with a specific mailbox? In news:ON6VXBr1GHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Randy Johnson <rjohnson@hamiltonbrewart.com> typed: > Is there a way to CC an admin when a user recieves an over the limit > message, so the admin will know in advance that there are problems > with a specific mailbox? I don't think so, but you can add the quota status column to the view in ESM when you're looking at all mailboxes. On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Exchange 2003 Admin w/o ability to gain service acct access & read other users' mail?
I recently installed/configured an Exchange 2003 server for my organization. Upon completion they removed me from the Administrators group so that I would not be able to read other users' email. Although this right is disabled by default, MS has left a couple backdoors so admins can grant themselves Service Account access and read other users' mailboxes. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 MS Reasoning appears to be, "Just don't do it" -- which is not enough to satisfy my company principals. They are uncomfortable with even the possibility that I *could* add se...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

How do I read copied Outlook 2003 files with Outlook 2002? PLEASE
I've copied Outlook 2003 files from my work computer and need to read them on my home computer. Please this has nothing to do with pst files, I have dragged the email files directly from Outlook 2003 on my work computer to an external hard drive. I have then tried to read the files on my home computer but to no avail. My home computer has Microsoft Office XP Professional Version 2002. I have installed the latest compatibility pack for Office XP Pro ver 2002 but I still can't read my Outlook 2003 emails. If I try to read my Outlook 2003 files with Outlook 2002 then I get...

I Need Help With This Problem
I have a hugh data the was broken up into 4 tabs in excel because each row has over 600 columns. I have been able to bring each tab into Access as a table but I can't figure out how to bring all these tables together unto one form. I need help in figuring out how to use data from all four tables on a form. I know I have to join the tables together but my problem is there is no field to use as a primary key. How do I accomplish this with what I have. This is a huge question you are asking, and there will not be a 5-minute answer for you. The question boils down to: a) How do you c...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Turning on "Archive all messages sent or received..."
Trying to turn on the "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" feature found in the properties of my mailbox store. I want to store a copy of all messages in a Public Folder. Reviewing the public folder I am getting multiple copies of most messages. Sometimes I get 2 copies, other times I get 3 or 4 copies. Back story - I had this working previously but it broke when I recently had to perform a full reinstall & restore. What have I tried - Created a new Public Folder and redirected archive - no change. Turned feature off, restarted...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Exchange Open Relay help needed
Hello all, I followed the instructions in article 823157 to turn off the Open Relay. The problem is that the article states "the default behavior for Exchange 2003 is to restrict the relay of messages to a recipient in another domain". Well, I am here to tell you that our SBS 2003 w/Exchange installation was configured as default, and the server was an Open Relay. The test method described in the article confirmed it. The fact that we had 54,000 outbound mail messages in our SMTP also confirmed it. The only way we were ablt to stop the relay was to remove all on the entries in the D...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

date formula - need result to show as date
b2 contains a date. c2 contains a number. If c2 is less than 6, then i want the previous date reflected. =IF(C2<6,B2-1,B2) Need to re-write this. (results aren't all reading as dates) Any suggestions? Simply format the formula cell as date with your choice of format. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:55:39 -0700 (PDT), "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote: >b2 contains a date. >c2 contains a number. > >If c2 is less than 6, then i want the previous date reflected. > >=IF(C2<6,B2-1,B2) &...

Macro insert data, need to insert rows
I have a macro that imports data from a CSV text file. Currently, it only inserts about 30 rows and 6 columns. Four of those columns have numbers that get totalled at the end of the import. My totals line is at line 45 (the import starts at row 6). The problem is that if more rows are added, and the data import goes past row 45, it moves my totals line over to column G (column 7) and nothing gets tallied correctly How can I make it so that, when the macro runs, instead of overwriting or moving my totals line it just adds a row above the totals line? I want it so that if the data goes to ...