Account created itself on Exchange Server

Hello Friends,

According to Event viewer, an account name as "sbsmonacct" is created itself
and join Enterprise admin Group (member of this group). This event is logged
into event viewer with this user S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX.........
I want to know, is this account is created by any Exchange Process or any
services Or someone is playing with our server intensionally(means entering
from back door).

do anyone have any idea, what is going on with exchange server.
 Regards
G.
0
Gureey (49)

Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>According to Event viewer, an account name as "sbsmonacct" is created itself
>and join Enterprise admin Group (member of this group). This event is logged
>into event viewer with this user S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX.........
>I want to know, is this account is created by any Exchange Process or any
>services Or someone is playing with our server intensionally(means entering
>from back door).
>
>do anyone have any idea, what is going on with exchange server.

It's not anything to do with Exchange. Is this a SBS server? If it is,
ask the question in the SBS newsgroup.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange Mail config and list of users
Hi all.. I hope you can help me in this.. I need to extract a report from my exchange server listing: MS Exchange Mail configuration including Permission /acccess list of all Exchnage users with their names and email address?? Please how can I do that?? maybe usinf a script? thank you and best regards ...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Installing CRM Server on AD Machine
When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am getting the following message: "Your Active Directory deployment must be in native mode." I was looking for some guidance... I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance. First you need to switch to Native Mode, second forget doing it anyway for now, you can not install CRM on a DC. It will fail. Sorry fro the bad news. "Stan Guss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e701c3c1ee$2c67c040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am &...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Exchange 2003 Admin w/o ability to gain service acct access & read other users' mail?
I recently installed/configured an Exchange 2003 server for my organization. Upon completion they removed me from the Administrators group so that I would not be able to read other users' email. Although this right is disabled by default, MS has left a couple backdoors so admins can grant themselves Service Account access and read other users' mailboxes. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 MS Reasoning appears to be, "Just don't do it" -- which is not enough to satisfy my company principals. They are uncomfortable with even the possibility that I *could* add se...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Best Way to Create Log File?
Basically I want to take information from a bunch of PO files in Excel and extract the information I need into another file, to create a general list of all the information. Right now the only way I can think to do this is to use Microsoft Query. And the only reasonable way i can think to do it is actually the opposite to create a list and then put it into the PO form. (We just want to make it so that people don't have to enter the data twice.) Is there an easier way to do this? One way to build your log of existing po's is to open each of the workbooks and extract the data. ...

Web Services Create SOP
I am using the web service to create the SOP, I am able to create a SOP without any detail line, but whenever I add any details line, I got SOAP error, and then I check the exception console, I got this message "There was an error generating the XML document.". I have no idea of what does that mean, I am thinking I am missing something need to be assigned in detail line, but I cannot find any, I am sure there must be some trick, like when assigning the document date of the SOP header, it has to be Date only (without time), otherwise, I will get this error message "There i...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

Project with server slow
Hy, We use Project Server 2003 (SP3) and Project pro 2003 (SP3). We have some big projects (14000 tasks). The problem is that when I open this project from server, sometimes after opening it everything is ok and fast, but mostly it is really slow, opening subtask takes about 15 seconds and changing a field (for example name) value also. When I save the same project into file and open it, then it's always fast. Can someone help me with this problem? -- erkiher ------------------------------------------------------------------------ erkiher's Profile: http://forums.t...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Exchange Open Relay help needed
Hello all, I followed the instructions in article 823157 to turn off the Open Relay. The problem is that the article states "the default behavior for Exchange 2003 is to restrict the relay of messages to a recipient in another domain". Well, I am here to tell you that our SBS 2003 w/Exchange installation was configured as default, and the server was an Open Relay. The test method described in the article confirmed it. The fact that we had 54,000 outbound mail messages in our SMTP also confirmed it. The only way we were ablt to stop the relay was to remove all on the entries in the D...

Upsizing A2000 to SQL Server 2000
Hi all, I am attempting to upsize my Access 2000 database to SQL Server database. The SQL Server database already exists and was created by my web host provider. I created an ODBC connection to the SQL Server database. I tested it and made sure the connection was successful. I then went to Access and started the Upsizing Wizard. I chose "Use existing database", and then went through the process of selecting the ODBC connection I made earlier. At this point, I get the following error message: [DBNETLIB][(ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...

Outlook Categories and Exchange
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3351918075_18820292 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Are there any pitfalls regarding the use Outlook Categories in a calendar created by one user, but made available to all logged in users of an Exchange Server in SBS by placing that calendar in a Public Folder and designating it as a Favorite public folder? If a viewing user has created a set of categories for his/her personal ...

.NET password servers still in trouble?
Hi, all, I haven't been able to sign in to money for over a week. Are the .NET password servers still in trouble? I got desperate today and changed my .NET passport altogether. I guess that was a mistake. Now, I can't open my file with either passport, or even without either of them. Even if I choose 'Skip Sign In' and enter the correct password for the file, I get an error message saying "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file" I get this with every combination of blanks, old .NET passport, new .NET passport, and passwords. Am I ho...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...