Accessing email via OWA

We want to enable users to access their email remotely using OWA.

We have a Watchguard Firebox 700 and I have configured an HTTP and HTTPS
service using NAT to point to the Exchange server. It all seems to work fine
but I sent an email off to Watchguard tech support to ask how secure the
connection would be if we were not using VPN (as users may be connecting
from their friend's PC's etc... which woul dnot have VPN connections
setup...)

The resonse I got from them was this..

"Assuming that your OWA IIS server is set up for SSL (certificate), then you
should be all set." If using HTTPS, then the content of the OWA session is
secure and you do not
need a VPN session.

My question is, where do I check on my Exchange server to see if we are
indeed set up for SSL (certificate) on the OWA sessions?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Pears wrote:
> We want to enable users to access their email remotely using OWA.
>
> We have a Watchguard Firebox 700 and I have configured an HTTP and
> HTTPS service using NAT to point to the Exchange server. It all seems
> to work fine but I sent an email off to Watchguard tech support to
> ask how secure the connection would be if we were not using VPN (as
> users may be connecting from their friend's PC's etc... which woul
> dnot have VPN connections setup...)
>
> The resonse I got from them was this..
>
> "Assuming that your OWA IIS server is set up for SSL (certificate),
> then you should be all set." If using HTTPS, then the content of the
> OWA session is secure and you do not
> need a VPN session.
>

> My question is, where do I check on my Exchange server to see if we
> are indeed set up for SSL (certificate) on the OWA sessions?

1. Deny inbound port 80 in your firewall (HTTP) - for OWA use 443 for HTTPS
only.
2. In the properties of the exchange virtual server in IIS, you can force it
to use a certificate/128-bit encryption.

> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
lanwench (7567)

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

OWA and changing passwords
I have a problem. I upgraded our server from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 that had Exchange 2003 installed. We had in initial issue with people not able to change their passwords in OWA. I had to register a dll and was able to do so but after I change my password I get the following message: Internet Service Manager for Internet Information Server 6.0 Password successfully changed. " Back to "https://mailserver.abc.com/exchange/userid/?Cmd=close When I click to go back to https:..... I get an error page and don't go back to you session. Also when I try to logo...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Sent email show up in Inbox
Hi Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Thanks Don What does OE have to do with Outlook's Inbox? Where are you sending the mail from (seems like Outlook) but which Inbox is it showing up in? "Don S." <dis933@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujBcXaWRKHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Why do all my sent emails from Outlook show up in my Inbox. That is > reflected in OE and in Windows Live Mail. Using a Gmail account via POP3? Perfectly normal then; http://mail.googl...

Photos Resized in Email
Where do I find the settings : When I have photos in outgoing email it asks me if I want to make photos smaller before emailing ? Thanks Charlie Harris Windows Mail doesn't have that feature, although the replacement program, Windows Live Mail, does. You will need to open those photos in Windows Photo Gallery first, then click its E-mail button. At that point it will offer various sizes. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "sswcharlie" wrote in message news:DBD001E7-8EB3-4DF5-896F-157820B87C0A@microsoft.com... Where do I find the settings : Whe...

OWA Light
Hello folk, I have the next issue. I have configured a mail account on exchange and I have tried to enter throught OWA. The firs time, I think to checked the "owa light access" and since then I enter to "owa light access" regardless of whether I check this checkbox or not. However, other companion enter to "Outlook Web Access" Premium with the same mailbox's settings. What Could be happen? Greetings!! P.D.: Sorry by my english!!. In OWA go to Options | Accessibility and uncheck "Use the blind and low vision experience" -- Martina "El�...

How do I back up entire Outlook, contacts, email, etc.?
How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. By copying your outlook data file.(with outlook closed) Or using the free backup addin available on MS outlook site "Michelle Buonfiglio" <MichelleBuonfiglio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1DDB57-44D3-4471-AC41-55252699B371@microsoft.com... > How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. Excellent information located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...

Cliente premium OWA 2003 Publicado, queda "Cargando..."
Tengo un Exchange 2003 con SP2 sobre un Windos 2003 Con SP1 fixeado hasta el ultimo level, El owa internamente en la lan funciona perfectamente con los dos clientes, el Basico y el Premium, pero cuando lo publico hacia internet el basico anda bien, pero el premium queda en todas las carpetas "Cargando...", lo publico a travez de un Symantec 5429 con los puertos 80 y 443 con un vinculo de 512 k, agradezco cualquier ayuda Vea si esto ayuda. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 Nue <wcasari@fiatauto.com.ar> wrote in message news:1149876952.048096.25700@h76g2000cwa.googleg...

outgoing email server
Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server. We also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain. Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned to the user as undeliverable. If we send to the same email address using outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered. Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange server? I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but these keys don't exist in the registry. What is best way to setup? If keys do no...

Junk email #4
I have set up filters for junk email, but it is still sending them to my inbox. Basically it is not working. Any suggestions? Thank you Did you use message rules to set up filters? If so, I'm having the same (or similar) problem. I'm trying to filter using message rules in Outlook 2000, and I've tried every configuration in the book. (figure of speech--wish I had a book). I've wound up with a situation where, each time mail arrives, the rules will filter out the first email that arrives fitting my filtering criteria, and none of the others. Have you had any luck sinc...

Maximum SMTP Email address aliases on Exch 5.5
What is the maximum number of SMTP addresses I can have for a mailbox on Exchange 5.5 Standard. I have a request to set up 4000 addresses to go to 1 mailbox DaveAmann <david_j_amann(removethis)@aoncons.com> wrote: >What is the maximum number of SMTP addresses I can have for a mailbox on Exchange 5.5 Standard. I have a request to set up 4000 addresses to go to 1 mailbox Somewhere in the range of 240. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...