Accessing another user mailbox cause an error....

Hi,

I have 2 disabled accounts (old employees)
I want to access their mailbox to archive them in a pst file then delete
these mailbox from the server.

So, In outlook 2003, I'll add these mailbox in the list of available mailbox
, but when I click on it I receive the error:
"the set of folders could not be opened"

what I have to do to give access to these mailbox?

when I change the password of this user and connect using it, the access to
exchange is denied!!!
there is a delay when I enable an account before I can access exchange
again?

thanks

jerome.

Enable the accounts, assign full mailbox access permission to yourself.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 disabled accounts (old employees)
> I want to access their mailbox to archive them in a pst file then delete
> these mailbox from the server.
>
> So, In outlook 2003, I'll add these mailbox in the list of available
> mailbox , but when I click on it I receive the error:
> "the set of folders could not be opened"
>
> what I have to do to give access to these mailbox?
>
> when I change the password of this user and connect using it, the access
> to exchange is denied!!!
> there is a delay when I enable an account before I can access exchange
> again?
>
> thanks
>
> jerome.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/23/2006 3:49:04 PM
Hi,

To access a disabled user's mailbox you have to set in mailbox rights:
SELF  = Associated external account.
(if the SELF gropu is not on the list add it)
After you apply this give it a couple of mins, then add the mailbox to your
Outlook.

should work fine. I use this for resource mailboxes (mailboxes that are
shared but have no specific enabled user)

JM :)

"J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 disabled accounts (old employees)
> I want to access their mailbox to archive them in a pst file then delete
> these mailbox from the server.
>
> So, In outlook 2003, I'll add these mailbox in the list of available
> mailbox , but when I click on it I receive the error:
> "the set of folders could not be opened"
>
> what I have to do to give access to these mailbox?
>
> when I change the password of this user and connect using it, the access
> to exchange is denied!!!
> there is a delay when I enable an account before I can access exchange
> again?
>
> thanks
>
> jerome.

0
jlabenski (10)

Public Folders - Using as a mailbox
Hi I have set up a public folder and have set it up so the people can read and reply to the emails, and tell when others have read them. What is the best way to track the replies? CC them to the public folder? Any other ideas? Many thanks in advance William ...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Including Ship To Address 'User Defined' fields on SOP Invoice.
How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice? The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO'). I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1 .... RW_AddressLine3 functions. However I can not determine how to retrieve other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table. How do I achieve this? That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the Customer Master Address tab...

Calculation Error in Money 2004 Small Business
When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for example, the result correctly shows as 4150. However, if you go to Invoice and enter 80hours @ $51.875, it shows 4150.40 - Calculation bug? MS Online Assisted support confirmed the problem. They also found that if you enter the numbers in reverse i.e 51.875h @ $80, it correctly shows 4150. So it looks like Money 2004 erroneously rounds off the per hour labor rate to two decimal digits 80*51.88 = 4150.40). >-----Original Message----- >When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for >example, the result corre...

Excel Row to Access Columns

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Access

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...

Import Wizard Error
We're trying to import leads from a tradeshow into MSCRM 1.2. I utilize the Import Wizard, find the source .csv, map the fields (and ensure none of them are blank), and press import. I receive the error: "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The Import Wizard will now close." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Anthony Uliano President/CTO AMC Technology, L.L.C. Anthony.Uliano@amctechnology.com is your crm web server running on a port other than port 80 ? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Anth...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

2nd Post: DATEVALUE Error

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

can you make one worksheet update another
I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook. One sheet is sorted by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name. Is there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the date to the second sheet? Jaime, The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Attach POP3 Mailboxes to an Exchange mailbox
Hi All, Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users exchange mailbox? Thanks, Tarran Not without 3rd party products. Tarran wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users > exchange mailbox? > > Thanks, > Tarran ...

Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S
Hide Rows in one W/S Based on a cell value in Another W/S I have the following code in an excel spreadsheet (see below). The code correctly hides the rows when C98 in one worksheet = "Dog" but when C98 does not = "Dog" it does not unhide the cells on Sheet Blue. Why? Select Case UCase(Range("C98").Value) Case "Dog" Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = False Case Else Sheets("Blue").Rows("94:113").EntireRow.Hidden = True End Select Maybe your have your true/false mixed up -- Don Guillett SalesAid ...

STOP 0xC000021A error
Hello all, I am running Windows XP Pro, and after running combofix.exe which wanted to reboot my pc, gave me an error and now I'm unable to login to my pc. I get a blue screen error: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034. The system has been shut down. I tried all options available in F8(safe mode, last known good configuration), and Windows recovery, however I'm unable to go forth because the blue screen comes on before I can login to the pc. I connected my drive to my other p...

Outlook Web Access #19

Queue Data to another thread
Hi, I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so that Thread2 will process the queued data. What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? Thanks! Maanu wrote: > Hi, > > I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so > that Thread2 will process the queued data. > > What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? There is nothing built-in per se. But, a basic implementation will make use of the System.Collections.Generic.Queue<T> class, the Monitor class, and the "lo...