Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile

We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory
domain and Exchange Organization.

Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003)
profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their
primary mailbox.  All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder
list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error
"unable to expand folders."

I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple
Exchange servers, any thoughts?

Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra mailbox
in there profile?

"Master Shake" wrote:

> We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory
> domain and Exchange Organization.
>
> Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003)
> profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their
> primary mailbox.  All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder
> list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error
> "unable to expand folders."
>
> I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple
> Exchange servers, any thoughts?

0
Skip1 (502)
1/31/2006 6:59:29 PM
Under Exchanged Advanced/Mailbox Rights, I added the user with "Full
Mailbox Access"
and under Exchange General/Delivery Options, I added the user with the
"Send on behalf" permission.

Note, this works fine for users homed on the same server.  Only when
the added mailbox is
located no our second server are they unable to expand the mailbox in
the folder list.

Vacation Request Approval Outlook
Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone other than the sender? I would like to automate this process: I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my supervisors and my manager. My supervisors will then approve (or deny) my request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager thus informing everyone on the invite list. I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now. any ideas??? Thanks in advance. You have the option of having replies sent to someone other than yourse...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Having problem Installing Exchange Router
When Installing I keep getting this error: Setup was unable to install the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router. This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator (80070659) I log on as adiminstrator account with local and domain access. I have tried reinstalling Windows installer and Script Host. Please help Make sure the user you are using to install is the same CRM admin user name you used to Install the MS CRM. I hope this works. "Thomas" wrote: > When Installing I keep getting this error: > Setup was unable to install the Mic...

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Cant open Exchange System Manager and backups are failing
I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange. Everything has been running great up until a few days ago. All of the sudden veritas backupexec started failing with the log saying it is unable to attach to exchange, and I am now unable to open exchange system manager. When I try to open system manager it immediatly throws an erorr dialog "Exchange System Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried resetting the server. I've tried removing the exchange system manager component and reinstalling it. When i do that I am able to run it once after install, but after t...

Outlook signature moves after sending
I have a user with Outlook 2002 with a signature which moves up above the message text of the email after it is sent. The signature is from an rtf file and this only happens with plain text messages. He'll type his message then insert the signature after the text. After the email is sent, and you check the Sent Items copy, the message text has been placed below the signature. The email looks fine before it's sent. I tried creating a new signature for him and it still does it. ...

Access

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Exchange 5.5 article 224195
We have installed the latest patch and are still getting an error Rule: Server-Requested Client Action Error: MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg I am having our property check to make sure the patch did not "fail". Any suggestions? ...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

OUTLOOK #47
Just installed a new SBS 2000 server and installed Outlook 2002 to each workstation. Previously each workstation used a login name (say Fred)and used Outlook Express 6, but with Outlook we are accessing work-stations with new user Id's in Windows 2000. How do I get the new login using Oulook 2002 to import the old login name Outlook Express 6 address books? I think you'd have to get the current user account's incarnation of OE to recognize the address book first then import into Outlook. See if this site has any help in that regard: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Ian...

Outlook crash when open shared calendar
Hi, We run Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 as client. Outlook will crash no matter which desktop user A log into when open user B's shared calendar, but user A is able to open other people's shared calendar fine. This problem can be repeated on different desktops. On same desktop, some user can open user B's shared calendar, but Outlook crash for others. It's very weird. It's seems something to do with the user's account, but cannot figure out what's the problem with the user account. So far only user B’s calendar will cause Outlook crush. I got ...

Attach POP3 Mailboxes to an Exchange mailbox
Hi All, Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users exchange mailbox? Thanks, Tarran Not without 3rd party products. Tarran wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users > exchange mailbox? > > Thanks, > Tarran ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

New to exchange #2
Hi, I have decided to start playing with exchange 2003. I have a network in the 192.168.1.0 subnet that has two servers in it both domain controllers and both running win2k server. I want to make some prevision for email to the users on the domain after I have upgraded both servers to 2003. I use a Linux firewall that also provides a DMZ . The DMZ is used to host a small web server and is on the 192.168.2.0 subnet, any request to port 80 is forwarded to the web servers IP address. What would be the best way to start playing with exchange ? Do I need a mail relay in the DMZ that push to t...

Outlook Web Access #19