access to Echange server addr books from Linux/FreeBSD

Hello,

Our central mail server is MS Exchange.

On my FreeBSD notebook I'm using as MUA mutt, fetchmail with
IMAP to get the e-mail and sendmail to send mail over to the
Exchange by SMTP, so far so good and I'm happy with it.

The only problem is access to common address books. Is there
somehow a tool/client which can be used on UNIX type systems
to fetch the address books out of the Exchange server, The
server version is

$ telnet server 143
Connected to server
* OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1 (server) ready.
A0001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ....

Thx in advance

	Matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH

Matthias Apitz <guru@Sisis.de> wrote:

>On my FreeBSD notebook I'm using as MUA mutt, fetchmail with
>IMAP to get the e-mail and sendmail to send mail over to the
>Exchange by SMTP, so far so good and I'm happy with it.
>
>The only problem is access to common address books. Is there
>somehow a tool/client which can be used on UNIX type systems
>to fetch the address books out of the Exchange server,

No. Exchange has no directory. LDAP queries to your GC server will get
you what you need.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

SMTP server #2
I have a basic question on SMTP emails. If I point to a SMTP server that is different than my designated email host address, who actually sends out the emails, my designated email server or the one I pointed to? To help clarify we have our email and web hosted by a 3rd party Company "A", and my ISP is with Company "B", I have been having problems with duplicate emails being sent to several clients. So I pointed my outbout emails to a different SMTP server (Company B's smtp server) in an attempt to see if the problem goes away. So I am check to see if my...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Outlook Web Access #19

outgoing email server
Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server. We also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain. Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned to the user as undeliverable. If we send to the same email address using outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered. Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange server? I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but these keys don't exist in the registry. What is best way to setup? If keys do no...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

address book #37
I had to reinstall outlook on my computer due to a worm. Before I wiped out my computer, I made a backup of my outlook file. When I imported them back, I was only able to import my personal folders and no my address book. I have version office 2000. Are there contacts in your Contacts folder? If so, you haven't lost anything. Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NO...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...