Access denied to OWA after migration

We recently migrated from nt4 domain to AD and also from Exch 5.5 to 2003.
I had the OWA working fine and some of the users are still able to access OWA. The others are getting access denied even when their attributes say they have access. is there anything special I should look for? Or is there something I need to do besides blowing away the Exchange properties and rebuilding??
Thanks,

Rob
0
Rob3660 (422)

Can you describe your environment a little more?  Single E2k3 server, or
front-end server as well?  Also, what exactly is happening?  Are they
getting prompted for credentials 3 times and then denied?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently migrated from nt4 domain to AD and also from Exch 5.5 to 2003.
> I had the OWA working fine and some of the users are still able to access
OWA. The others are getting access denied even when their attributes say
they have access. is there anything special I should look for? Or is there
something I need to do besides blowing away the Exchange properties and
rebuilding??
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Entourage client cannot access comcast mail on the road
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've tried all the on-line configuration tips I can easily access, and called comcast support to no avail. I called Entourage support but I don't have my product key since I'm using the trial version while I wait for a new CD (the one they shipped to me was defective). Does anyone know if this is a problem with the trial version only? I'll call MS support again when I get home. I've been using Entourage as my client from home with no problems. On the road, I can't ...

Auto generate letter(s) IN ACCESS
I need to build a small db where cust details are entered along with products ordered and once the order entry in completed i want the db to autogenerate a letter or several from a pool depending on the different products ordered, is this possible? thanks Jason On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:59:01 -0800, Jason G <JasonG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to build a small db where cust details are entered along with products >ordered and once the order entry in completed i want the db to autogenerate a >letter or several from a pool depending on the different...

Converting Access 2000 to 2003
I am very inexperienced with Access. I was looking for some instructions or tips on converting from Access 2000 to 2003 and can't find any. Is there anything I need to know before I dive into this? Is there some info on this on some Microsoft site? thanks Hi Erin, 2000 to 2003 should be a simple process. There's a conversion "white paper" at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319400 that gives details. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:13:41 -0700, "Erin Cimbri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am very inexperienced with Access. I was looking for ...

Setting Junk E-mail Protection for Outlook Web Access
I am using Outlook web access and would like it to scan incoming e-mail at the High protection level that I am using in my office PC. How can I set the Junk e-mail option to High for all my outlook web access users? I am running Windows 2003 SBS and Exchange System Version 6.5.7226.0 Thanks Steven <smeiseles@colasinc.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook web access and would like it to scan > incoming e-mail at the High protection level that I am > using in my office PC. How can I set the Junk e-mail > option to High for all my outlook web access users? I am > running ...

Can't Access OWA from the outside
All, Thanks in advanced for your help. I have SBS2003 with Exchange Server 2003 All email works fine. I keep getting page can't be found when trying to access my OWA from out side the office. I am using ssl. I type in https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. I have a static IP address that the mail.mydomain.com points to. My router is a Linksys RV082 router. I have ports 443 and 80 forwarded to my internal ip address. What am I doing wrong. It worked before. I don't know what happened to stop it from working. Thanks again for your help This is what the log says. sorry I don...

Accessing Disabled user's mailbox.
I'm having an issue where if I disable and reenable a user account...I can no longer access their mailbox...and neither can they. All permissions are still set for their mailbox correctly. ...

Re-enabling OWA
Don't ask how... but I managed to delete the default website on the Exchange 2003 server and along with it the virtual directories... I checked technet for some time and can't seem to find how to fix this... anyone know? On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:35:57 -0800, New Exchange Admin <New Exchange Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Don't ask how... but I managed to delete the default website on the Exchange >2003 server and along with it the virtual directories... I checked technet >for some time and can't seem to find how to fix this... anyone know? http://su...

can i use bullets or outline numbering in access
How can i format a report in access to use bullets or an outline numberins system? patrickh wrote: >How can i format a report in access to use bullets or an outline numberins >system? The answer to your very terse question is to just use a label control with the bullet character as its Caption, but you probably want something more elaborate. If you will provide more details about the data for the report and how the data should appear in the report, then we'll try to come up with something. What do you mean by "an outline numbering system"? -- Marsh MVP [MS Access]...

Migrate exchange 2k to new exchange 2k3 server
I have a 2000 server with exchange 2000 on it and the hardware is out of date so It's time to move to a new server. I have windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3 ready to go, but the current domain is 2000 and changing the domain to 2k3 is a bit fuzzy for me. Basically, i'm looking for articles or help on how to change my domain to 2k3 and get all the info from the exchange 2000 server to the new exchange 2k3 server without having to go to every workstation and change the outlook server settings. Thanks in advance! Hello Joe178, > I have a 2000 server with exchange 2000 on it and th...

Automation and communication between Access and Excel
I'm starting a new database for the geological department in our museum. It' s still in the pencil and paper, discussion and design stage. It will track both publications and actual specimens, so the main structure will be a many-to-many relationship. (One publication may talk about several rocks, one rock may be mentioned in several publications.) The linking table in the middle of the one-to-many-to-one will also have an offshoot, a set of Excel workbooks. One of the properties of the members of BOTH main relations is a set of analyses. Either, both or neither (publications and ro...

Setup problem with SenderID and OWA
So I've come accross a problem with my setup of my SPF record and users send mail with OWA. When a user logs into our Exchange server via OWA and sends a new message, the SMTP message header includes the IP address the OWA client was sending from.... Sample SMTP Header from Exchange server.... Received: from 70.247.95.109 ([70.247.95.109]) by solar.tul.solarwinds.net ([206.231.6.251]) with Microsoft Exchange Server HTTP-DAV ; <CR> <LF> .. This mail is rejected by the receiving mail server with the error message Response: 550 5.7.1 Sender ID (PRA) Not Permitted The ...

OWA and Freedocs
E2K3 SP2, FE/BE, Freedocs set to 3. Previously was working. Users have correct permissions and can open doc, xls, pdf in Outlook fine, but OWA quit serving them up and gives the 403 error page. Wondering if there is a security patch to remove or if steps can take to restore the freedocs capability. Have checked all KBs can find and so far no resolution. Please assist or point me in the right direction to resolve, thanks! ...

Using Outlook Express 6 to Access Webbased Mail
Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do using Outlook? If so, how? TJ Smith wrote: > Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to > access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do > using Outlook? If so, how? Outlook uses PST files - OE doesn't. The only HTTP-accessible account you can access in Outlook is Hotmail. That is what I was expecting you so say. I was holding out some hope. Thanks for the response. >-----Original Message----- >TJ Smith wrote: >> Can ...

60 day trial access code
new computer, 60 day trial of Office 2007. I can not get the access code. Is there an Activation Assistant shortcut on the desktop? "Kebschull" <Kebschull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79076B56-E202-469F-8319-97CCA2C07C64@microsoft.com... > new computer, 60 day trial of Office 2007. I can not get the access code. ...

Interforest migration
Hi, I want to know what exactly and minimal permissions migration account needs to migrate users, service account workstation and servers ( known as resource ) with two way trust ( no filtering, source and target is 2003 Active Directory Domain) I ask because there are differences in sources ( ADMT GUIDE 3.0, ADMT Help, and this forum ). Need I two accounts ? ( one in source domain and second in target domain. Does this mean that I should run ADMT with target domain account and during wizard I should enter source domain ) Is it possible to get answer from Microsoft team...

Is Access Running
I have 2 Access Databases that I run on the same machine. Before I run Access DB2 I want to check if Access DB1 is running. If DB1 is running I want DB2 to Abort, not open. How would I do that? If DB1 is running then quit else run DB2 End If "DS" <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote in message news:naVEi.29$tN3.7@newsfe12.lga... >I have 2 Access Databases that I run on the same machine. > > Before I run Access DB2 I want to check if Access DB1 is running. > > If DB1 is running I want DB2 to Abort, not open. > > How would I do that? > > If DB1 is runn...

Method=post in OWA
We are running a Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003. Some of our users create an HTML based email that has form fields and a "SUBMIT" button the "method=post" works just fine in Outlook 2003. The problem is when a user uses OWA. The "SUBMIT" button doesn't work. When I view the source code in OWA it seems that OWA removes the word "post" leaving just "method=". Anyone know why OWA strips out the word "post"? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >We are runnin...

Access denied. Contact your administrator.
Suddenly (last week) , I am unable to open certain word files over a home network. The server runs XP Word 2007 SP 2 The computer runs XP Word 2003 SP3 Same problem for a XP Word 2007 SP 2 So same problem with two other computers Within the same folder some files will open across the network and some files give message "Access denied. Contact your administrator." I do not use priveliges etc. I am the administrator. I have permitted full sharing access to the folder I do use the *.docx format. Can anyone help? On the server, if I open the file and resave it as an .rtf t...

someone is trying to access your email
A user of our network is getting a message often during the day that states "someone is trying to access your email. Do you want to permit this?" Have run spyware detection software, but found nothing, have checked the registry for software that was loading at boot, but only items that were supposed to be there were there. She is also often times getting a message when trying to type an email stating that "your data envelope is missing". Whatever she's working on at that time then gets saved to the inbox, not the drafts folder. Anyone have ideas about eit...

Trusted locations for 2007 Access
I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it. I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases. It is my understanding that I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them with Access 2007. All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along with a lot of other files. My first question is will I have to move my data bases individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at one time? Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is there some ...

Use of the SUBST command to reduce breakage of Access links
[Apologies for an apparent cross posting -- I accidentally posted this to .forms instead of .queries and I'm now posting correctly] One of the great failings of the past 20 years of Microsoft's dominance has been the failure to implement good file system redirection. XP today is almost as dependent on absolute paths as it DOS 2.1. [1] In the world of Access this manifests as broken links to external data sources. I use links very extensively in my data management work, a typical project may contains dozens of query files with links to dozens of data tables distributed over one or mor...

Outlook Web Access #30
Hello, I tried to integrate Tomcat 5 with IIS 6. The results are horrific. I can't get Web access running right. It was working fine until i tried to use the isapi_redirector. If I disable FBA then I can get the webpage up. I can view email, but I can't send it. Access Denied error. I am running exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 SBS. IIS 6. Anyone have any ideas? I need owa up for my CEO and COO. They both use it when they aren't in the shop... which is like most of the time. I will be extremely greatful for any help Update incase someone has same problem: So far I hav...

Create a Macro in Excel from Access
Hi ng I would like to create a checkbox in Excel which runs a Macro in Excel. I would like to do this from Access VBA (automatic) - I know how to create the checkbox - but I have no clue what so ever - how to create the Macro. I wondered if I can export a module with the procedure (macro) from access to excel (automation)?, or I can create a new module in excel from access vba, and create the macro from it? TIA JJ VBA interop between Excel, Access, Word is well understood and well documented. There are books and web references on this. 1. Decide which will be the host to store the ...

OWA a bridgehead server as well??
Hi there, I have an OWA server running Exchange 2003 with SP1, running in my DMZ. I would like to make this server my relay server for internet inbound and outbound internet email. Are there any technical reasons why I can't move the bridgehead server role from my mailbox server to this OWA server to achieve the above?? Or is there any other way I can configure inbound/outbound internet email mail to be relayed by the OWA server without making it a bridgehead server? Any help appreciated. Thanks Guys, On Tue, 30 May 2006 22:46:01 -0700, Deano <Deano@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

OWA Prolem: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
BACKGROUD- • 3 EX2k Servers (1 PUB, 1 PRIV, 1 Front End) • 1 EX2K3 Front End • Front End servers in a DMZ separated from Back End Servers VIA Cisco PIX • All IP Traffic is permitted from Front End servers to Back End • All mail flows inside and out with no problems. • All servers are members of the same W2K Domain. • OWA is set up to use SSL • Users can log into OWA, but when they try to open any emails, they get HTTP 500 Internal Server errors. • Users can log into OWA and open items from the store like Word documents and Excel spreadsheets, but only if they are directly posted to the st...