Acceptance of domain literals

I need to allow this in order to help me troubleshoot what I know is a DNS
issue with my mx record.  I have any Exchange 2000 server.  Any ideas.
0
MikeC1 (42)

Creating a sub domain
Dear All I have created one Primary domain and a Secondary domain server in my local infrastructure already.My primary domain name is EXAMPLE.COM.It contain only 175 node.Now we going to start a branch office for our company.So i need to create a sub domain for my primary domain server like BRANCH.EXAMPLE.COM.It contain 100 node. Now i wand to know how to create a sub domain.What is the best way to create it.What I mean that is it i install my sub domain server on my main office and then ship it into the branch office.Otherwise i will create sub domain in my branch office through ...

net folders "accept" #2
Hi. I am trying to share a calendar with 2 other computers. The calendar computer has sent invitations and the two other computers have "accepted". The computer with the calendar is showing that it is awaiting responses. But I look at Outlook Express and see that the two computers have sent back their acceptances. Since it is being received by OLExpress instead of OL 2000 (where the calendar is located), I wonder if that is why the acceptances haven't been yet received. Any suggestions? Thanks. Scott in Austin MN ...

Updates were not accepted (exception 4005). Soap exception.
Hi all, when the report is submitted from Outlook 2003 to Project Server 2007 the folowing error message is displayed (see the subj). However, the data are being sent and can be seen in PWA. At the same time, the user gets an email message from Project Server: "Project server returned error code -1". What's wrong with the Server or client? where to look for? Please advise. Elena ...

Authentication when not on domain.
Hello... I am having this really strange problem at a client. Perhaps you guys can give me some input and push me in the right direction. At one of my clients, the exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000 users are having an issue with logging into Outlook when not logged into the domain. Let me explain: A user wil log into the local computer (not the domain) and wants to check their exchange email, calendar etc. This user will go into the Mail Control Panel and will set up the exchange service. When they enter the exchange server name and the user alias a dialog box comes up asking for their username, do...

Outlook 2003 & domain names
Hi. I am using Windows 2K/XP and Office 2000/2003. The mail server is a Linux machine running Sendmail. Consequently to send an internal e-mail (at the moment) you have to specify the full mail address. i.e. jsmith@spain.europe.world.com The question/problem I have is that if you are using Outlook 2000 you can send an internal mail by just using jsmith@spain and let the mail server & DNS do the rest. This is great because it saves typing out our crazy long mail addresses. However, if you are using Outlook 2003, it does not let you do this. If you try to send a mail to jsmith@spain ...

why is my network connection not accepted?
I am setting up my outlook 2003 to receive the email from my yahoo account. I went through the directions and everything is ok until it pops up and says enter network password with my email user name and password I put in the correct information and click ok, but it just keeps popping back up. I know I have both the password and user name correct. Please help!!! Do you have a YahooMail+ account? You need a paid Yahoo account to use POP3 access "HELP!!!" <HELP!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2513CBDF-0719-4D8B-804B-0C79DEDBBE3E@microsoft.com... >I...

How do I connect 2 Exchange servers together that are not in the same domain?
We have an Exchange 2003 server at a Co Lo facility. The other location is an Exchange 2003 also. The remote site is not part of the domain but they are using the same email address as us. They are currently using a POP3 connector into our server but I want to move beyond that and get them in a tighter integration. i.e. public folders etc. I am assuming I would use a smtp connector between the two but becuase of the differnt domains I am not sure what other options I have. Thanks for any tips or links to some good white papers. John I'm assuming different Forest\Exchange ...

Accepting Changed Paragraph Numbers Without Accepting Other Change
I am a new (and still frustrated) user of Word 2007. After editing a procedure with numbered paragraphs, I had to add a paragraph to the document. This changed the paragraph numbering on everything from that point on. I don't want to have the entire document side-barred when I send it out for review, because my reviewers use the side bars to tell what has been changed, so I'm trying to accept the paragraph number changes. If I select the paragraph number or the paragraph marker (¶), and click the Accept button, nothing happens. When I select the entire paragraph an...

money 2007 stalls when I try to accept terms
Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, AnnieC wrote: >Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing >happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I >have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? Running Vista? no, not running Vista "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, ...

Exchange 2010 period in netbios domain name
Hello, we just try to upgrade to Exchange 2010 and after installing the first client access server we notice that the EMC failed initializing with the following error (with admin account of course): ------------------ The following error occurred when getting user information for 'netbios domain\username': The operation couldn't be performed because the object 'netbios domain\username' couldn't be found on 'domain controller'. It was running the command 'Get-LogonUser. The username it is looking up is mine and I have full administrative ...

Auto Accept Appointments
We have a need to set Outlook to accept appointments from a single account only. We attempted to set this by doing the following: Tools > Options > Calendar Options > Resource Scheduling > Set Permissions button On some computers a box pops up that states "Operation Failed." We recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and are using Outlook 2003. I found some references to being a problem with legacyExchangeDN. I have noticed that most users with the problem have a different legacyExchangeDN value than the ones that work. Any help would ...

Auto Accept agent to accept all meetings
I recall reading of a way to have the auto accept agent set to accept all meetings for a particular resource. The procedure was to mark all meetings in the resource as free and then set an option somewhere that all meeting requests going to that resource are saved in the calendar as free rather than busy. That way all meetings will always be accepted because the resource will never be busy. This was a while ago when I read this and now I can't remember and can't find the setting to set all incoming requests as free. I don't know if this was a setting in Outlook or in the Aut...

Date literals in SQL and VBA
Dear all, I've very often seen here and in other locations that if you want to pass a date literal to Jet/ACE it must be in US format, i.e. #mm/dd/yyyy#. However, I have a small tool I use (that I made before I read this) that passes it as #yyyy/mm/dd# which works fine. This is my PCs location setting, as well. So I did a couple of tests, both writing SQL directly into the query builder and passing SQL statements from VBA using OpenRecordset and variables, and it seemed to work fine regardless of what date format I chose (US, UK, ISO). The only time it choked was if ...

error after clicking accept
When I try to accept a downloaded transaction, I get an error that money needs to close because of an error. Any ideas? What does the error say? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "g" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

Domain "Consolidation" / forwarding
Good afternoon, We have 4 domains, abc.com, def.com, ghi.com and jkl.com We want alphabet.com for all addresses, it will be hosted on the server that currently runs abc.com. All domains to remain active, but use alphabet.com as the main address, then redirect to their appropriate domains: user1@alphabet.com should be forwarded to user1@def.com user2@alphabet.com should be forwarded to user2@jkl.com, etc... Is there anyway to setup some kind of forwarding table or will I have to make a user account for each account on alphabet.com then set the forwarding properties on each of those to th...

Accept a meeting request
Hi, When I get a meeting request, I am unable to respond to it by accepting it. I have Microsoft Outlook 2003. The help says that when i open the meeting request, it should automatically appear in my calender. However, it does not appear in my Outlook. Could somebody please tell me if there is a way to synchronise the meeting request with my calender, or a solution to this problem? ...

Auto Accept Agent #2
Hi All, I am creating a new conference rooms, and was wondering if I should use the Auto Accept Agent or Outlook based Resource scheduling. I would appreicate if you could pass on your experience in this regard. Thanks IK The Auto Accept Agent is going to be much more robust than the Outlook-based scheduling. For an even more robust solution, check out Exchange Resource Manager from Swinc. Since you mention using the Auto Accept Agent, I assume you are running Exchange 2003. http://www.swinc.com/products/ERM/ -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "IK" <IK@ps.com> wrote in ...

Make Auto Accept Agent Accept a Conflicting Meeting
Is there a way to make the Auto Accept agent to accept a meeting regardless of a conflict? Thanks! -sul. On 12 Apr 2007 15:07:06 -0700, "sul" <sul926@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to make the Auto Accept agent to accept a meeting >regardless of a conflict? > >Thanks! > >-sul. Dont check that option in Outlook that prevents it? On Apr 12, 6:19 pm, Andy David {MVP} <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: > On 12 Apr 2007 15:07:06 -0700, "sul" <sul...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Is there a way to make the Auto Acc...

Global Contact List
Is there a way to create a contact group that contains people who are not members of my domain? After searching help, I am at a loss on how to do so. Thanks in advance -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org create a mail-enabled contact for each external address, create your distribution group, then add the contacts to the group... "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D90E5F1-C9BA-4B3E-8FDD-2A97172DCAF3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to create a contact group that contains people who are not > members of my domai...

Two domains
I have 2 separate domains and want a couple of users to receive and send email messages for both the domains and for some to just be able to send and receive email messages from one of the domains. I enabled exchange to accept email messages for the #2 domain. The #1 domain works fine. The problem is that if a user configured to receive and send both receives the #2 domain email when he replies to it it shows up as though it is coming from the #1 domain. The only way I know to setup the user that needs to use only the #2 domain is to set him up as a user in active directory and then set his e...

Automatically accept meeting requests
Our user has granted "Delegate" option to another person and discovered that meeting requests are appearing in his Calendar without appearing in Inbox. The auto-accept option is turned off. Any ideas? Yeah, how about the Outlook version for starters? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jenny asked: | Our user has granted "Delegate" option to another person and | dis...

Public Folder auto accept
Dear all I am using an Exchange Server 2007 and the clients use Outlook 2007. If a user creats an appointment he is able to add a Public Folder as a required attendee but the Public Folder does not respond to the invitation and the appointment ist not visible in the Public Folder. How can I add this? Can anyone help me? Best regards, Chris ...

accepts and declines
I have a problem where if a user sends out a meeting request, and the meeting attendees either accept or decline the meeting, their response is not showing in the senders Calendar. If you open the meeting it says "No responses have been recieved for this meeting" even though people have responded. Any help would be appreciated. We are on an Exchange 5.5 system with Outlook 2000/XP clients. ...

Domain Issues-HELP!
We are trying to configure our beta exchange 2003 system to allow users to login using a different @domain name. Here is what I'm talking about. We are in an NT domain TEXAS and we've setup Exchange 2003 on a separate Root/child domain. Root is ANIMAL and child domain is DOG. When we log into Outlook 2003 from the TEXAS domain we enter USERID@DOG.ANIMAL.COM. ****** We want to login as USERID@TEXAS.COM. We have already setup policies to create default smtp addresses (USERID@TEXAS.COM) for all users. We just need to figure out what is need to allow us to login with USER...