Accept relayed mail to our domain.....

Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?

Careerbuilder is relaying email to us as and we are the destination, but it
is bouncing off our server. What would cause this? The email address accepts
mail from other domains no problem.

Thanks in advance,

CB
0
cb (71)

Can we see the [full unedited, with just e-mail addresses removed] bounce?

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)
7/23/2005 4:54:21 AM
"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
>our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?

Sure. If you're using RBL's and the server that's talking to your
machine is listed on one of the RBL's you use. You may also have them
in your own list of prohibited IP addresses.

>Careerbuilder is relaying email to us

And their IP address is . . . ?

If it's 66.45.113.179 they're lsted in only one place that i can find:

http://www.moensted.dk/spam

>as and we are the destination, but it
>is bouncing off our server. What would cause this?

Well, I suppose you could ask the admin why this happens, ;>

You'll have to better define what you mean by "bouncing". Are you
sending them a NDR? Or are you simply dropping the connection?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I tracked it down to the user....We do not allow email internet mail FROM
our own domain into our mailservers and because he was test applying for a
job from his outlook client aka 'user@ourdoman.com' from the internet it
refused his emails to himself.

We had too many fake admin@ourdomain.com.

As always thanks for your help.

=-)

-CB

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
> >our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?
>
> Sure. If you're using RBL's and the server that's talking to your
> machine is listed on one of the RBL's you use. You may also have them
> in your own list of prohibited IP addresses.
>
> >Careerbuilder is relaying email to us
>
> And their IP address is . . . ?
>
> If it's 66.45.113.179 they're lsted in only one place that i can find:
>
> http://www.moensted.dk/spam
>
> >as and we are the destination, but it
> >is bouncing off our server. What would cause this?
>
> Well, I suppose you could ask the admin why this happens, ;>
>
> You'll have to better define what you mean by "bouncing". Are you
> sending them a NDR? Or are you simply dropping the connection?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

cb (71)
7/23/2005 6:26:04 PM
"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tracked it down to the user....We do not allow email internet mail FROM
>our own domain into our mailservers and because he was test applying for a
>job from his outlook client aka 'user@ourdoman.com' from the internet it
>refused his emails to himself.
>
>We had too many fake admin@ourdomain.com.

Yeah, I block that SMTP address too (and others). Unfortunately, the
marketing folks continue to employee outside services that spoof our
domain for mail sent to employees, so blocking mail from our own
domain isn't practical. They do receive a goodly number of "points"
for doing this, and their mail often winds up being quarantined until
they think to tell me they hired some new company to mail this stuff
and I can whitelist the IP. :(

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

disable open relay
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 installed on WIndows 2003, how can I disable relay that won't allow other people send email from mine? Thanks! Sue SMTP relay is by default disabled on Exchange 2003. You can verify it after reading this excellent description by Mark Fugatt: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article.asp?id=54 It's about Exchange 2000 but it applies to Exchange 2003 as well. Regards, Boris "Sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054a01c4abf5$ea78d0a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 installed on WIndow...

net folders "accept" #2
Hi. I am trying to share a calendar with 2 other computers. The calendar computer has sent invitations and the two other computers have "accepted". The computer with the calendar is showing that it is awaiting responses. But I look at Outlook Express and see that the two computers have sent back their acceptances. Since it is being received by OLExpress instead of OL 2000 (where the calendar is located), I wonder if that is why the acceptances haven't been yet received. Any suggestions? Thanks. Scott in Austin MN ...

Forwarding E-mails to external Addresses
We have recently installed Exchange 2003. One of our clients needs to have her e-mails forwarded to an external e-mail address. Is this possible and if so, how do I do it? it's silly IMO but here's how to do it: 1) create a contact in ad users and computers and set it's e-mail address to the external address your client wants mails forwarded to. 2) go into the actual user properties, Exchange general tab and click on Delivery Options and select the Forward to: radio button, click modify and select the contact u created in #1 Click the deliver to both... if that's what...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Updates were not accepted (exception 4005). Soap exception.
Hi all, when the report is submitted from Outlook 2003 to Project Server 2007 the folowing error message is displayed (see the subj). However, the data are being sent and can be seen in PWA. At the same time, the user gets an email message from Project Server: "Project server returned error code -1". What's wrong with the Server or client? where to look for? Please advise. Elena ...

Send to Command - weird issue when using with Mail.app
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Weird issue here, my signature has our company logo in it and that appears fine when creating a new message inside mail. When I use the Word/Excel command: File>Send To> Mail Recipient (as attachment) the new email window pops up with the signature intact, then when the attachment is placed in the message (which it does automatically) it strips the logo image from the signature, but leaves the rest of the text there. I have the latest updates from MS for Office installed as well. Any ideas? ...

why is my network connection not accepted?
I am setting up my outlook 2003 to receive the email from my yahoo account. I went through the directions and everything is ok until it pops up and says enter network password with my email user name and password I put in the correct information and click ok, but it just keeps popping back up. I know I have both the password and user name correct. Please help!!! Do you have a YahooMail+ account? You need a paid Yahoo account to use POP3 access "HELP!!!" <HELP!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2513CBDF-0719-4D8B-804B-0C79DEDBBE3E@microsoft.com... >I...

Event id 4000 SMTP relay DNS
I have exchange 2003 SP1 front / backend configuration,on server 2003 Ent servers all mail is forwarded to a dedicated SMTP server 2003 IIS 6.0 GFI mail security 8.0 GFI mail essentials 11 I am receiving : Message delivery to the remote domain 'ramdom-domain.com' failed for the following reason: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS. Delivery is made via a smarthost provided by my ISP ( Demon ) Attempt direct delivery before sending to smarthost is enabled as is perform reverse DNS lookup on incoming messages IP config points to my local DCs with forwarders to Demon&...

Adding attachment to mail: need help
Hello gurus i am using MAPI.Session object to construct mail with attachments. Here is a line which produces error: objAttachment1 = RepOneMessageAttachments.Add("ex.rc", , CdoFileData, "h:\ex.rc") .... and error: C:\vb\t7.vbs(50, 1) Collaboration Data Objects: [Collaboratio n Data Objects - [E_INVALIDARG(80070057)]] If I run something different: Set objAttachment1 = RepOneMessageAttachments.Add With objAttachment1 .Type = CdoFileData .Position = 0 ' render at first character of message .Name = "h:\e...

IIS vs Exchange as relay server
Hi guys, Our company's IIS got errors in sending mails to yahoo.com (only this server)(happens from time to time and solved everytime after restart the machine). We opened a case in Mircosoft's support but still no solution yet. the error mails was relayed from from Notes server to mail relay (IIS) but nothing happens (the logs seems like that) 2005-03-21 01:30:36 192.168.2.15 xxxx.xxxx.com SMTPSVC1 ABNTMR1 192.168.1.14 0 EHLO - +xxxx.xxxx.com 250 0 247 20 0 SMTP - - - - 2005-03-21 01:30:36 192.168.2.15 xxxx.xxxx.com SMTPSVC1 ABNTMR1 192.168.1.14 0 MAIL - +FROM:<sunny@xxxx.com&g...

Unknown error message in Windows Mail
I am getting this message trying to send out messages, An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'That was fun', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B -- How do I fix this soon. MEricksen Your mail account settings are correct. "Unknown error" is usually caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad eff...

Relay Access Denied
Sometimes when I'm sending/replying/forwarding an e-mail I get an e-mail back from the "System Administrator" with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Reschedule monday Sent: 10/19/2003 8:47 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'thompson817@comcast.net' on 10/19/2003 8:47 AM 554 <thompson817@comcast.net>: Relay access denied I know that the e-mail addresses are correct so I don't see what the problem is. Any explanation would be appr...

Accepting Changed Paragraph Numbers Without Accepting Other Change
I am a new (and still frustrated) user of Word 2007. After editing a procedure with numbered paragraphs, I had to add a paragraph to the document. This changed the paragraph numbering on everything from that point on. I don't want to have the entire document side-barred when I send it out for review, because my reviewers use the side bars to tell what has been changed, so I'm trying to accept the paragraph number changes. If I select the paragraph number or the paragraph marker (¶), and click the Accept button, nothing happens. When I select the entire paragraph an...

E-Mail Signatures?
Hi All, How are users of CRM who want to send e-mails from within the web client handling e-mail signatures? Alan Hi Alan, - if you mean a personal signature as " Regarding ..." then you can use and create the templete at the template manager from settings. (you should have the privellege. - if you mean a security signature, you must use Outlook for Sales. Alfred G�bel (MS-CRM, Germany) "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@NO-SPAM.tgo.ca> wrote in message news:uiOLHrr2DHA.2548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > How are users of CRM who want to send e...

http mail in outlook 2003
hey All Today i add an http (hotmail) account to my outlook 2003. The problem is only the headers are displayed but nothing in the body of the message. I made sure it's configured to download both the headers and the body, but it still don't work... Anyone has an idea? Thanks are you connected to the service? (file menu) do they download if you select or open the message? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: ht...

money 2007 stalls when I try to accept terms
Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, AnnieC wrote: >Have downloaded the program (Deluxe Version) several times....same thing >happens every time I click "accept" for terms and conditions, it stalls. I >have to Ctrl -Alt -Delete and end program. Any ideas? Running Vista? no, not running Vista "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, ...

Help with sending Mail
I am receiving the error below when trying to send mail. I can receive mail fine, but cannot send it. The POP servers are set up correctly based on the instructions. Any ideas or suggestions? Subject '[Simple_Diabetic_Recipes] BARLEY PILAF', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 PIPELINING', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:30:01 -0800, NCJonah <NCJonah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am receiving the error below wh...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

Auto Accept Appointments
We have a need to set Outlook to accept appointments from a single account only. We attempted to set this by doing the following: Tools > Options > Calendar Options > Resource Scheduling > Set Permissions button On some computers a box pops up that states "Operation Failed." We recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and are using Outlook 2003. I found some references to being a problem with legacyExchangeDN. I have noticed that most users with the problem have a different legacyExchangeDN value than the ones that work. Any help would ...

no free/busy information could be retrieved for new mail enabled user
Hi, When I created new mail enable user and I sent test message to enable account. However, I tried to add new user in schedule and it is shown no free/busy information could be retrieved. This is similar situation for second new user. Any tips or information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:48:15 -0800, "Johnny Chow" <jchow10@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >When I created new mail enable user and I sent test message to enable >account. However, I tried to add new user in schedule and it is shown no >free/busy i...

Auto Accept agent to accept all meetings
I recall reading of a way to have the auto accept agent set to accept all meetings for a particular resource. The procedure was to mark all meetings in the resource as free and then set an option somewhere that all meeting requests going to that resource are saved in the calendar as free rather than busy. That way all meetings will always be accepted because the resource will never be busy. This was a while ago when I read this and now I can't remember and can't find the setting to set all incoming requests as free. I don't know if this was a setting in Outlook or in the Aut...

error after clicking accept
When I try to accept a downloaded transaction, I get an error that money needs to close because of an error. Any ideas? What does the error say? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "g" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Accept a meeting request
Hi, When I get a meeting request, I am unable to respond to it by accepting it. I have Microsoft Outlook 2003. The help says that when i open the meeting request, it should automatically appear in my calender. However, it does not appear in my Outlook. Could somebody please tell me if there is a way to synchronise the meeting request with my calender, or a solution to this problem? ...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Use Internet mail when offline
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2000 Sr1 with Exchange server 2000 When away with my laptop I am working offline, I dial to the Internet using a modem but when sending an e-mail it trys to connect to the Exchange server remotely to send it ... and stays in outbox folder. Is any way to get use only internet mail to delivery e-mails even when working online? Is any way to send e-mails using internet e-mail on dialup connection when I am away ? Regards, Ad Garett It sounds like you have your Exchange mail and Internet Mail in the same profile. Try separating them into 2 separate profiles, wit...