About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues

I hope you can help me.

I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that
are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues.  They've been stuck in there
all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email
to no avail.

I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am
able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server.

I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her
reply which she did and I received it.

I have double checked the mx records which identify the six remote servers
to which we connect.

One of the messages has been retrying for about 70 some times and the others
are close behind.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:33:01 -0700, Fred Towery <Fred
Towery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I hope you can help me.
>
>I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that
>are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues.  They've been stuck in there
>all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email
>to no avail.
>
>I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am
>able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server.
>
>I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her
>reply which she did and I received it.
>
>I have double checked the mx records which identify the six remote servers
>to which we connect.
>
>One of the messages has been retrying for about 70 some times and the others
>are close behind.

What release of Exchange?

Why are the messages being retried? They aren't "stuck" if their
delivery is being retried. The receiving server is probably sending a
4xx status.

It may be that your server is in some DNSBL or a block list at the
receiving site. Check your SMTP protocol log and see what you're
sending to the other machine and what its response codes are. If need
be, contact the admin at the other site and ask for help in
understanding why they won't accept your e-mail.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

How do I print multiple records to one publication page?
I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher. I want 4 different records per page in postcard format. Each time I use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page. How can I fix this? You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF2C96BA-6A33-4AF0-9703-A692713A5EA5@micro...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...

How do I apply borders one side at a time
In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the leftside, but NOT on the rightn side. Can I do this? How? Select the object, click the line icon, more lines (styles, in 2000 and below) select the right side, click none. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "the dr mike" <the dr mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50E30E0F-85FC-4283-893F-D72FC2FE60CD@microsoft.com... > In Publisher I am trying to have a border on the top, on the bottom, on the > leftside...

smtp anonymous problem
my exchange server is Exchange 2000, I found a strange problem ,when I use outlook express for mail client, I can sent email by any of username in my domain,even if I don't know the password of the username, it means, I can sent email anomymously . I think it is not safe ,maybe some day one of my colleague could send email with my boss's usernme to tell the whole company have a week's holiday,how terrible it is. who can help me to fix the problem? SMTP sux doesnt it? <g> 1. Your mailer should be configured to only accept SMTP connections from your gateways/relays or fr...

Time Format to Text Output
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a series of times that I download from the mainframe. (these are in a date format) EXAMPLE 23/09/2009 6:07:00 AM 22/09/2009 9:22:00 PM 22/09/2009 7:40:00 PM etc etc I am in need of a formula that looks at these times, and based on their values, displays a particular piece of text. (in this case "DAY", "AFT", "NIGHT") Example Any time between the following: 7:20:00 AM to 3:19:00 PM should display the word DAY Any time between the following: 3:20:00 PM to 11:19:00PM should display the word AFT Any time between the following: 1...

"Messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running Outlook 02 on Win XP Pro SP2. I think this may have been caused by the DST time zone update utility, but I'm not certain. Here's the situation. If I try to open a calendar item I get the following error: "Can't open this item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." If I try to create a new message or appointment from the quick start toolbar, or clicking a mailto: link on a web page: "The operation failed." If I click the "to" "cc" or "bcc" button while...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

Macro warning message
Anyone else had this problem. We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it, and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems. However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem. Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution? Bob ...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

How do I print two pages on one non booklet
In MS Publisher can any one tell me how to print two consecutive A5 pages onto an A4 sheet in non booklet form. Chastom wrote: > In MS Publisher can any one tell me how to print two consecutive A5 pages > onto an A4 sheet in non booklet form. That depends which version of Publisher you are using. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Side by Side? Set the page up as a booklet, do your work on pages two and three. When it is time to print, simply print pages 2,3. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Chastom&...

Open Access2000 from Visual Studio C++ 6.0
How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Flor wrote: > How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Hi Flor, There are many ways to open an Access DB what method are you wanting to use. ADO? DAO? ODBC? -- William ...

Messages not being Delivered
I am getting the following message when sending e-mail to earthlink accounts: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <wgrsvr02.wgrfurniture.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (24.106.38.90) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support.> We are only getting this with earthlink addresses. Any help would be apprechiated Joe I think you can be out of the Earth link network to receive email. To send email th...

Migrate data from one CRM server to another
Hello, I need to install a portuguese version of microsoft crm, but actually, we have a english version, and with much data like accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc... inserted. I try to use de redeployment tool to install the portuguese version and import our data, but on the install of microsoft crm portuguese version, I got a error saying that SQL not match the correct version, and don=B4t let setup continue the installation.... maybe a bug.... So, what I need to do is export ALL (or almost all) data from the english version, uninstall crm, reinstall the portuguese version and import ...

SMTP config on an Echange server 2000/2003
Can you setup an exchange server to run smtp only, to be used in a redundancy scenario...the idea being that if the main exchange server goes down, I want to have or put on the network a separate email server that will just collect smtp email until the mail server comes back on line. If the answer is yes...how do you setup the config and are there any articles on the subject. Thanks You don't even need exchange to do that, you can use IIS with SMTP as a smart host. Bascially, the smart host would sit between your exchange Org and the firewall, and act as a passthrough. If exchan...

One Person, Multiple GALs
Hi, we are running Exchange 5.5 and have several companies under us. For each company we have one GAL. In some instances we want a person from one of the companies to be in each GAL so that anyone can easily find and contact them regardless of what company they work for. We are doing this by manually creating an entry in each GAL. The problem is that when this person leaves the company we sometimes don't delete all of their entries in the GAL. I have a few questions. Is there a technique, script, or product that will allow us to maintain multiple GALs easily? Is there a way to easily m...

Outlook deletes one attachment, creates copy of another
Here's the scenario: Office XP, Outlook integrated with iManage, sporadic unpredictable problem. User attaches a Word document and either a Visio file or PDF to an email (which is not necessarily to say it couldn't happen with other types of files, but we've only seen it with these two). When it is sent -- and it doesn't matter if it's internal or external -- the Visio or PDF is deleted from the email and replaced with a Word document with the exact same name as the one attached. It has identical contents as well. The only difference is that copy always comes out ...

Bank One users .. Please read
Are you using the same username and password to access accounts etc through Bank One web site as well as Direct Link (online access) feature in Money 2004 (or earlier)? I am unable to use my username/password (8 characters) that works on Bank One web site, to access account information in Money 2004. This is for Bank One in Ohio. Bank One tech support thinks that it should. They think that the same username/password is used for both functions. However, MS Money web tech support insists that a different username/password (4 characters) is needed for the Direct Link feature in Money. I am ...