Abnormal program termination while using "eseutil /d" #2

Hi Thierry,

there is no other server available to move the folders.
That´s why we force our users to delete not needed folders.

Do you know why the eseutil is running out of order?

Sven

Abnormal program termination while using "eseutil /d"
Hello, I tried to defrag our public folder server (Exchange 5.5, SP4; WINNT 4.0 SP6a) because of a big database (near 185 GB, available space on Disk = 203 GB) Because of the size I used a Remoteserver to store the temp defrag Database (Free Space on the remote Disk are 273GB). To run the defragmention I used the following command: --> eseutil /d /ispub /tg:\REMOTESERVER\Pub_defr.edb /p At about 90% of defragmentation (166GB) "eseutil" terminated and wrote the following information: Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM) Server Database Utilities Version 5.5 Copyright (C) Microsoft Cor...

Abnormal program termination while using "eseutil /d" #2
Hi Thierry, there is no other server available to move the folders. That´s why we force our users to delete not needed folders. Do you know why the eseutil is running out of order? Sven ...

Exchange 2003 backup fails after running ESEUtil /d on Exchange se
The following message is appearing in DPM after running Eseutil /d on an Exchange 2003 server to free space. My question is how does DPM handle the new priv DB? Does this now need double the free disk space in order to complete the sync job with consistency check? I cannot get the consistency check to complete now. Affected area: First Storage Group Occurred since: 1/18/2010 11:18:28 PM Description: The replica of Storage group First Storage Group on server.mydomain.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until...

how much room for eseutil /d and isinteg doesn't run
IS won't start and I tried to run eseutil /d (after a /p) and I ran out of room on the drive. First question is did I hurt anything? and second how much room do I need? priv.edb is 3.5g Can I just delete the 1.5gb file that was created and try again? Third question: I tried running Isinteg and it keeps sending me back to the prompt like I had not typed the complete command. I typed "isinteg -pri" . I had to do this from the \BIN directory, can I assume that exchange knows where to look (mdbdata) for the store? I have the exchsrvr directory on the F drive. Win2k running ex5.5. ...

eseutil /d #2
Hi, Can anyone provide me with a script which will automatically dismount an information store, defrag and then mount information store again. Our exchange are "crashing" almost once every 2 days for some reason and I have been told that running eseutil /D once a month maybe could help the problem. Thanks for any reply Kind rgds Peter Jensen On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:12:23 +0200, "Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone provide me with a script which will automatically dismount an >information store, defrag and then mount info...

Eseutil /d hungs Exchange 5.5 server (RPC stops responding)
Hi there! I'm trying to run an offline defragmentation to reduce the size of our Informatin Stores by running the eseutil /d command and, when the process is around a 50% completed, the server stops responding. Now way to bring it back but powering it off. No errors in the event log, no clues... Any idea? The server runs Windows 2000 SP4, Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Dell PowerEdge 2400 box (dual proc, 1 GB RAM). Thank you in advance and regards, José Ramón Dear Jose, do you have enough space on the server where you're using eseutil /d? you should have enough hard disk sp...

eseutil /d
I ran eseutil /d on priv.edb, along with the /t switch to create a compacted copy on a network drive. Once it was completed, I tried to start exchange and received the following error message: "The Microsoft Exchange Information Stor service terminated with service-specific error 4294966746." I consulted various KB articles, and even renamed the log files as suggested in 128325 (this has worked in the past) with no luck. Anyone suggest anything? Run "eseutil /mh Priv.edb" and "eseutil /mh Pub.edb". In the output check out the "state" of these...

Eseutil /d
Hello We have one exchange 2000 server, the disk with the information stores on it is low on space (less than 85%), now as I believe it - when you move mailboxes and delete mailboxes it doesn't actually take the recover this data for the disk, it just makes it as whitespace in the database files. So I was going to run eseutil /d to defragment and recover this whitespace so that we don't run out of space on the disk. However I heard from a workmate that there is no point in doing this if the disk is only going to be used for that information store because exchange will use up the white...

ESEUTIL /d 1605 error
Hello all... I need help for recover Public Folder on Exchange 2003 Sp2 server. Public Folder is only 90MB but there are many contacts.. ...the folder unmount... i have tried.. ESEUTIL /p, all OK, no error but exchange Unmount Database... in many guide i have see to use after eseutil /p, eseutil /d. but when i use ESEUTIL /D PUB1.EDB, receive an error after to 10% error is: Operation terminated with error -1605 (JET_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key) after 11.527 seconds. i have searched in support microsoft but this error is associated to exchange 5.5 problem... nothing about thi...

Error when running ESEUTIL /D
I received this error when running eseutil /d against a private mailbox store: Operation terminated with error -1605 (JET_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key) after 9035.219 seconds. Exchange 2003 SP2. Any help would be apreciated, Steven what's the exact command line you've entered? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Steven Shock" <Steven Shock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B34FC8FA-5562-46AC-9440-120D77523B09@microsoft.com... > I received this error when running eseutil /d against a private mailbox store: > > Operation terminated with erro...

eseutil /d jet error 1811
Hi There When i attempted to run eseutil /d on a store i got an error message "Error: Access to source database. '..mdbdata\priv2.edb' failed with jet error 1811" I was able to run eseutil /d on store 1, which is on the same server and in the same storage group without any problems. Both stores were dismounted but i whenever i attempted this on store 2 i would get this error message. I've confirmed that the syntax is correct, so that leads me to believe something was locking the priv2.edb file. Further more, i have another exchange server with 4 stores. Initially i...

Eseutil /d
Hello, We had several people with extremely large mailboxes - 15 GIG, 6 GIG etc. We cleaned up those mailboxes to get some space back. The mailboxes when you go through outlook - go to the mailbox root and click on properties, folder size are nearly empty 10mb etc. I checked the mailboxes under exchange system manager (exchange 2003 SP2 running on windows 2003) they were still showing 12 GIG, 5 GIG etc for those same mailboxes. I figured it would take some time for the white space to clear out during nightly maintenance. I waited a week and they were still showing. I took the da...

error -1014 JET_errOutOfBuffers running eseutil /d
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 server (running on Windows 2003) with all the latest service packs. It has a 48 GB Information Store. This last weekend I dismounted it to run a defrag using eseutil. It failed at 80% with the following error -- error -1014 JET_errOutOfBuffers Out of database page buffers I have found next to nothing about this error on the web or on Microsoft's website. I was able to re-mount the information store without problems and send and receive email, so the priv1.edb file is working okay, as near as I can tell. (No specific errors logged in Event Viewer, either...

Running eseutil /d simultaneously in 2 different stores
Hi all! Just wondering if it is possible to run more than one instance of "eseutil /d" simultaneously in 2 (or more) different mailbox stores. Does anyone know if it can be done? Any articles or documentation about it? Thanks for any help Andre Seitz Don't see a problem with that, as long as you have the storage and cpu to support that kind of activity (depending on size of stores.... ). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Seitz" <seitz@uol.com.br> wrote in message news:Oh2$fhFxFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all! >...

ESE Event 217 -4001 Error, Can't backup database after eseutil /d
Hi, Had to do an eseutil /d today to reclaim space but now can't do an online full backup. Think this is my problem but can't get hold of anyone to get the hot fix. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889528 It is kind of urgent as we have a DR test the day after tomorrow and for it to be successful I need a full backup (well I'd like one anyway but it will help for this exercise!). Regards, Paul paul@donovan.net Paul, I am having the same issue (exchange 2003 sp1)..did you get a fix for it? I ran the isinteg after the eseutil /d and it indicated 4 errors (in the middle, ...