a buttload of 550 SMTP errors

We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
the individual.

The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

joe@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
server.
<smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>

fred@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
server.
<smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
(smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

contact your system administrator.
<smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <slipp@jam.com>...
Relaying denied>

afish@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
server.  Please contact your system administrator.
<smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
consumerfed.com, not a gateway>

"There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
server. Please contact your system administrator."
contact your system administrator."

Is this a recent development?
"Alan Truism" <master.of.sock.puppets@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
> exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
> distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
> however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
> the individual.
>
> The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
> in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
> to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
> recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>

> joe@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
> my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>
>

> fred@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
> (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

> contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <slipp@jam.com>...
> Relaying denied>
>
> afish@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.  Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
> consumerfed.com, not a gateway>
>

> "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server. Please contact your system administrator."
> contact your system administrator."

0
kwlongley (25)
1/26/2007 9:45:30 PM
On Jan 26, 4:45 pm, "Kevin Longley" <kwlongley@cirtronics.com> wrote:
<master.of.sock.pupp...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:
1169821452.698447.207520@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

> > We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
> > exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
> > distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
> > however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
> > the individual.
>
> > The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
> > in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
> > to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
> > recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>
> > j...@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> > server.
> > Please contact your system administrator.
> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
> > my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>
>
> > f...@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> > server.
> > Please contact your system administrator.
> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
> > (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

> > contact your system administrator.
> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <s...@jam.com>...
> > Relaying denied>
>
> > a...@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> > server.  Please contact your system administrator.
> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
> > consumerfed.com, not a gateway>
>
> > "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> > server. Please contact your system administrator."
> > contact your system administrator."

> Is this a recent development?

Yes, relatively speaking.

Does your public host name record, for your mx value, equal the host name
assigned to your smtp virtual server? Sometimes the receiving end will try
to perform a reverse lookup based upon the smtp server name in the mail
header. If they don't match you can get a relay denied ndr. It is also
possible to see these issues if there is issues with your public dns
servers.

> On Jan 26, 4:45 pm, "Kevin Longley" <kwlongley@cirtronics.com> wrote:
> <master.of.sock.pupp...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:
> 1169821452.698447.207520@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
>> > exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
>> > distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
>> > however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
>> > the individual.
>>
>> > The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
>> > in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
>> > to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
>> > recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>>
>> > j...@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
>> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> > server.
>> > Please contact your system administrator.
>> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
>> > my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>
>>
>> > f...@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
>> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> > server.
>> > Please contact your system administrator.
>> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
>> > (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

>> > contact your system administrator.
>> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <s...@jam.com>...
>> > Relaying denied>
>>
>> > a...@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
>> > There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> > server.  Please contact your system administrator.
>> > <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
>> > consumerfed.com, not a gateway>
>>
>> > "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> > server. Please contact your system administrator."
>> > contact your system administrator."
>
>> Is this a recent development?
>
> Yes, relatively speaking.

0
kwlongley (25)
1/28/2007 5:50:11 PM
"Kevin Longley" <kwlongley@cirtronics.com> wrote:

>Does your public host name record, for your mx value, equal the host name
>assigned to your smtp virtual server? Sometimes the receiving end will try
>to perform a reverse lookup based upon the smtp server name in the mail
>header.

That'd be a forward-lookup, if you're talking about checking the
EHLO/HELO address. Or are you referring the to the contents of the
"From:" (or "Sender:", etc.) header? That's probably SenderID and PRA
validation.

>If they don't match you can get a relay denied ndr. It is also
>possible to see these issues if there is issues with your public dns
>servers

Considering the number of different texts in those errors I'd be
inclined to believe that the server (or a SMTP client that's using the
server) is infected with a virus or worm. It sure looks like it's
sending e-mail for domains that the receiving servers don't handle.

I'd be checking the SMTP protocol log on smexec-mail.kpdexech.com to
see where those messages are coming from.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Kevin Longley" <kwlongley@cirtronics.com> wrote:
>
>>Does your public host name record, for your mx value, equal the host name
>>assigned to your smtp virtual server? Sometimes the receiving end will try
>>to perform a reverse lookup based upon the smtp server name in the mail
>>header.
>
> That'd be a forward-lookup, if you're talking about checking the
> EHLO/HELO address. Or are you referring the to the contents of the
> "From:" (or "Sender:", etc.) header? That's probably SenderID and PRA
> validation.
>
>>If they don't match you can get a relay denied ndr. It is also
>>possible to see these issues if there is issues with your public dns
>>servers
>
> Considering the number of different texts in those errors I'd be
> inclined to believe that the server (or a SMTP client that's using the
> server) is infected with a virus or worm. It sure looks like it's
> sending e-mail for domains that the receiving servers don't handle.
>
> I'd be checking the SMTP protocol log on smexec-mail.kpdexech.com to
> see where those messages are coming from.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
kwlongley (25)
1/28/2007 9:02:54 PM
"Kevin Longley" <kwlongley@cirtronics.com> wrote:

>I have seen relaying denied issues when the Fqdn name, as found on the
>properties of the smtp virtual server-delivery-advanced delivery do not
>match the fqdn of the public mx record.

That's not an unusual condition considering the MX is resolved using
the domain name and the HELO/EHLO is /supposed/ to be either a FQDN or
address literal. If some jackass admin thinks that's the correct way
to vet inbound e-mail then they'll have a hell of a time explaining
why they reject e-mail from places like my place of employment where
the MX servers don't send any e-mail. MX resource records direct other
servers to the machines that /receive/ e-mail. They don't identify the
servers that /send/ e-mail.

>It certainly doesn't explain some of
>the other odd ndr's. Other than that I have also experienced relaying denied
>issues when my isp changed to new dns servers and misconfigured our public
>zone. Again I don't think that can explain some of the other odd ndr's, but
>it is worth ruling out.

The reasons given in the text portion of those status messages all
look like they refusing e-mail that's been sent to them and addresses
to domains they don't accept. If it were just one server (and one
brand of MTA) I'd guess that the guy was using his ISP as a relay
server and the ISP screwed something up. But that's not what I see.

Sure, investigate everything. It won't hurt to validate that things
are operating properly. Don't forget checking your IP address agains
DNS RBLs, too.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

> >It certainly doesn't explain some of
> >the other odd ndr's. Other than that I have also experienced relaying denied
> >issues when my isp changed to new dns servers and misconfigured our public
> >zone. Again I don't think that can explain some of the other odd ndr's, but
> >it is worth ruling out.The reasons given in the text portion of those status messages all
> look like they refusing e-mail that's been sent to them and addresses
> to domains they don't accept. If it were just one server (and one
> brand of MTA) I'd guess that the guy was using his ISP as a relay
> server and the ISP screwed something up. But that's not what I see.
>
> Sure, investigate everything. It won't hurt to validate that things
> are operating properly. Don't forget checking your IP address agains
> DNS RBLs, too.

RBL's ??

"Alan Truism" <master.of.sock.puppets@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 28, 7:27 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
><richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>
>> >It certainly doesn't explain some of
>> >the other odd ndr's. Other than that I have also experienced relaying denied
>> >issues when my isp changed to new dns servers and misconfigured our public
>> >zone. Again I don't think that can explain some of the other odd ndr's, but
>> >it is worth ruling out.The reasons given in the text portion of those status messages all
>> look like they refusing e-mail that's been sent to them and addresses
>> to domains they don't accept. If it were just one server (and one
>> brand of MTA) I'd guess that the guy was using his ISP as a relay
>> server and the ISP screwed something up. But that's not what I see.
>>
>> Sure, investigate everything. It won't hurt to validate that things
>> are operating properly. Don't forget checking your IP address agains
>> DNS RBLs, too.
>>
>RBL's ??

RBL = Real-time Block List.

http://www.dnsstuff.com -- look in the middle column, test named "Spam
Database Lookup". Put your server's external IP address in the box and
click "Lookup".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
wrote:
> We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
> exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
> distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
> however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
> the individual.
>
> The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
> in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
> to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
> recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>
> j...@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
> my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>
>
> f...@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
> (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

> contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <s...@jam.com>...
> Relaying denied>
>
> a...@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server.  Please contact your system administrator.
> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
> consumerfed.com, not a gateway>
>
> "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
> server. Please contact your system administrator."
> contact your system administrator."

Here are the errors I'm getting on the server event log:

This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection
#146. The remote host "192.165.240.160", responded to the SMTP command
"rcpt" with "550 <newsletters@enews.eweek.org>: Relay access denied
". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<newsletters@enews.eweek.org>
".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.

This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection
#147. The remote host "10.84.44.5", responded to the SMTP command
"rcpt" with "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or
not local  ". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<bgeoe@geo.com>  ".
This will probably cause the connection to fail.

The second event regarding the mailbox not being available seems normal to
me. On the first error regarding relaying, was this indeed an email that you
were sending to newsletters@enews.eweek.org? If so I would contact them and
find out exactly why you were denied.

> On Jan 26, 9:24 am, "Alan Truism" <master.of.sock.pupp...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> We are experiencing a bunch of problems with outgoing messages on our
>> exchange server. The problem frequently occurs when we send messages to
>> distribution groups that contain people external to our organization,
>> however I believe they occasionally occur when mail is sent directly to
>> the individual.
>>
>> The bounce back messages come from our server (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com
>> in the examples below). They're mostly 550 error variations that seem
>> to indicate a problem with our server's SMTP communication with the
>> recipients mail server. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>>
>> j...@blat-blat.com on 1/25/2007 8:51 AM
>> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> server.
>> Please contact your system administrator.
>> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in
>> my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)>
>>
>> f...@wee-wee.net on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
>> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> server.
>> Please contact your system administrator.
>> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-fw.kpdexech.com
>> (smexec-mail.kpdexech.com) [70.162.120.178] is currently not>

>> contact your system administrator.
>> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <s...@jam.com>...
>> Relaying denied>
>>
>> a...@bumbler.com on 1/25/2007 9:17 AM
>> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> server.  Please contact your system administrator.
>> <smexec-mail.kpdexech.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 not local host
>> consumerfed.com, not a gateway>
>>
>> "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email
>> server. Please contact your system administrator."
>> contact your system administrator."
>
> Here are the errors I'm getting on the server event log:
>
> This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection
> #146. The remote host "192.165.240.160", responded to the SMTP command
> "rcpt" with "550 <newsletters@enews.eweek.org>: Relay access denied
> ". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<newsletters@enews.eweek.org>
> ".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.
>

> This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection
> #147. The remote host "10.84.44.5", responded to the SMTP command
> "rcpt" with "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or
> not local  ". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<bgeoe@geo.com>  ".
> This will probably cause the connection to fail.

0
kwlongley (25)

share smtp domain
We have users offsite using ISP pop service with same domain name as internal Exchange server. I tried to setup smtp domain sharing following the article no. 321721, Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003. Everything works fine except that the reply email address become exchange.companydomain.com, not companydomain.com. Is there another way to setup the smtp domain sharing without changing the reply email address of Exchange accounts? Any help will be appreciated. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "Jeffers" <J...

Word 2007 error 01-13-10
We hvae offfcie 2007 professional installed, user's getting the following erro when launch word 2007, If I re-create the windows user profile it works fine. Is any easire workaround for this. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object This is usually the result of a broken add-in or a corrupted Normal.dotm template -- see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550 for background. First, with Word closed down, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm. Restart Word, which will create a new...

error 1935 HRESULT 0x80070424,Office Standard 2007,vista 64-bit
Hy. I tried to install Office Standard 2007 on my comp (Windows Vista 64-bit) and failed. I received an error 1935 {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B33B9A1E18E} HRESULT 0x80070424. Help. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804 Or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691 and http://kbalertz.com/926804/Error-message-install-Office-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.aspx -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "misha77" <misha77@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Error after upgrade from Outlook 2000/xp to 2003 on startup
After upgrading outlook 2000 and XP to 2003, we get the following error at startup of outlook. "The extension configuration file 'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Addins\fldpub.ecf" could not be installed. There is an error in the syntax or format of the file." it seems to only happen at first run of the new installation of outlook 2003, is this a problem we should worry about or forget since it only happens once? thanks! That file is for NetFolders which is no longer supported in new versions of Outlook, you could uncheck the addin in Tools > Options ...

Error 9 in FRx
Hi We are using unit account in our FRx reports with the tree for all of our company. In one company, the value for the unit account is 0. We have a problem when we want to export our report into Excel with exporting the formula. The Export process stop when he got that line with the unit account at 0. If I put a value in this account, everything is fine but when it's 0, we are getting the Error 9 - Subscript out of range... Any idea??? Thanks -- Pat ...

why do i get error 0x80042108 ?
I have uninstalled McAfee and replaced it with another anti-virus program (AVG)Now I get the error message 0x80042108 when I click Send/Receive. Uninstalling McAfee can be difficult. Check with McAfee support site for add'l help. Meantime, have you checked your startup files for leftovers you can delete? Here's an article that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318790 "ewall" wrote: > I have uninstalled McAfee and replaced it with another anti-virus program > (AVG)Now I get the error message 0x80042108 when I click Send/Receive. ...

EXCEL ERROR OPERATION FAILED
I am open a excel spreadsheet from my desktop shortcut and try to click on send and receive error operation failed. ...

SMTP Switch utility
Hi All, Is there such a utility that will allow an easy change of the outgoing (SMTP) server? Recent changes by many ISP's mean that the clients cannot use the same SMTP server wherever they go (port 25 is blocked) and most of them are reluctant and not confident in changing the settings even though I have given them written instructions with nice pictures. Ideally I would like to have a utility, with some preconfigured servers, that allows the user to quickly change the SMTP server with relatively few mouse clicks, and allows them to enter new servers. While in the office, the clients...

Why the error "A required resource is not found" comes?
Hello All, In my MFC MDI application, I am rotating the DC using SetWorldTransform() and then drawing something. Only some part of the drawing will be done after rotating the dc, the rest will be drawn in the unrotated dc. Now when the user does some interaction on the view, which cuases a change in the way things are drawn in the dc, sometimes sporadically I am getting an error message box "A required resource is not found" This doesn't happen as soon as the user interaction happens, it takes some time. Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a common error, or is it...

Exchange 2003 smtp connections logs?
Hi guys, Where in Exchange 2003 do I find logs that show me if a user tried to connect to exchange to send or receive e-mail and failed because password was incorrect for example? Also where could I see what smtp connection my exchange server tries to make? I tried %winnt%\system32\Logfiles\W3svc1, but there's no such information I also checked \exchsrv\EXCHANGE.log Thanks!! - Smtp log is in smtp virtual server properties - %systemroot%\System32\LogFiles. SMTP logs are in that directory in \smtpsvc1 (1 is the smtp svc instance). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com N...

SMTP QUEUE #8
Good afternoon, Am running exchange 2003 and have noticed that i have about a 100 entries in my smtp - system manager queue for outgoing mail. Most of them say retry but several say active. I can delete the smtp queue in the winnt\exchsrvr folder but they re-appear. this also have an impact on my internet bandwidth b/c when they begin retrying to send - this slows our internet to a crawl for approx. 15 minutes till they go back to the "retry" state. we have a pix firewall so I am pretty sure no one is using my server as a mail relay but having only 7 users on our lan using the...

Auth error,could not log on to CRM.Help!!! #2
Hi,i've upgraded my CRM 1.2 and everything went ok.When i tried to log on to the CRM 3.0 i recieved the following error:Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I'm logging as a domain administrator with that account the crm was installed and upgrated,i've tried with other accounts but still the same,and i can open the page only if i type the ip adress of the site when i type http://loca...

Workflow PostURL error/bug
Is there a way to set the timeout for a PostURL workflow step. We have noticed that if the PostURL takes more than 8-10 seconds to complete, then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. We have created the following simple web service that can be used to reproduce the problem. Create a new web service or ASP page and paste the following function to reproduce the problem. your times may vary, but when we pause for 10 seconds then the workflow step becomes paused in the workflow monitor. <WebMethod()> Public Function SendEmail(ByVal accountid As String) As String Try...

Cannot combine chart type error with only one chart.
I am receiving the error "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." Funny thing is... this is the only chart I am trying to create. There are no other charts in the entire workbook. Moving the data to another sheet in the workbook does not work. I am running excel 07. I can copy the data to a new workbook and create the chart with no problem. Is it possible that something in this specific workbook is corrupted? If I copy the chart from the new workbook to the bad one, all the data "disappears". I would be happy to ...

MSExchangeAL errors / warnings 8033, 8063, 8257
Hi, I have a problem with SBS and Exchange 2003. When I create a new user account, the Windows account is created but there is something wrong with Exchange account. The new mail account is not visible in GAL and the user can't connect to his mailbox from Outlook. I see three errors / warnings in Eventlog: MSExchangeAL: LDAP Operations: 8033: LDAP search result on directory serwer.Zaltan.local for entry '' was unsuccessful with error:[0x1] Blad operacji [ 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connec...

error messages #9
I have a user who has personal folders and recently started getting the following message. The data file 'file name' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. I have archived some of his email to control the .pst file size. I have also run scanpst and a defrag in Outlook. The error message still comes up occasionally. He is running all the latest patches and updates to XP and Office... I am currently working on the same issue for customer. Have you tried to detect and repair on Outlook or reinstalling it. The profile could be corrupted as well. F...

Error importing xBase file
Help! I have a commercial application that stores certain data in an xbase file. I use access to import the data and manipulate it. This worked fine in Access 97, but have since upgraded to Access 2000. Now I get the message "External table is not in the expected format". I can pull into an Excel file and then export to access, however, I don't think my boss will like that. Any ideas? Thanks, Ron ...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

Outlook reply error (associated with SP3?)
Greetings. I recently bought a new Dell, wiped the drive, performed a clean install of my own licensed copies of XP Pro and Office XP Pro, and migrated all my settings from my old computer. For a few glorious days I enjoyed newfound speediness with no glitches whatsoever. Now I am running into the following message when I reply to a message in Outlook: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" If I click Yes or No the new message window opens; both do the same thing. (Of course, clicking Yes means that I won't see th...

formula error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel =COUNTIF(DIARY!$I$2:$I$3068,1) <br> The above formula does not automatically update to increase the range of cells as new data is being added to sheet diary. How do I correct this. Also the sheet has over 200 items. Do I have to correct the formula for each cell or is it possible to correct the range in all at one go? <br> Thanks You need to format the range as either a List or a Dynamic Range. A List is simpler. See the Excel Help topic "Create a list". For Dynamic Ranges, see here: ...

MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains
I am getting MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains. My application log contains 3 messages, all pertaining to errors (An Information, Error, and Warning message). The errors continue to repeat and fill up the Application Log. Any ideas how to fix? Please email me at "ivan AT kairoscorp DOT com". The errors are as follows: INFORMATION Event Type: Information Event Source: MSGPDocumentExchange Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 9/1/2004 Time: 11:26:02 AM User: N/A Computer: NU Description: An exception was thrown from Doc...

Date Change and other OS-errors. XP or RMS?
Since upgrading to RMS 1.3 we have encountered some really strange errors. The last one is the best. Right in the middle of the day, yesterday, ONE of our computers changed its own date from 12/30/06 to 12/15/06. Both dates showed up in the journal and the incorrect dates printed on several receipts. Today, one of our computers changed its own date to 12/31/2007. I KNOW no one changed it. Please, no jokes about the Y2K06 bug. Unless they're really funny. Anyone else seeing anything like this happen since the 1.3 upgrade? All our machines are running XP Pro with automatic update t...

OUTLOOK ERROR 550
HI all, I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the following error: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Mailing Sent: 9/15/2004 2:21 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'manoj_singh13@hotmail.com' on 9/15/2004 2:21 PM 550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway" Thanx in advance Strangy....? strangy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the > following error: > "Your message did not ...

Error using E-mail encryption
I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them trusting eachothers certificates, but on one of the computers it can send encrypted emails but when I try to open an encrypted email I get the error message "Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system" Does anybody know how to fix this error Thanks, Nick "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D00BD1B-8742-42FA-9674-4B61DE637165@microsoft.com... >I have installed an encryption certificate on two computers and have them > trusting...

SMTP Connector smart host
Hi- I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work. Thanks, Jez. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:02:36 +0100, "Jez" <reply@replytogroup.com> wrote: >Hi- > >I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. >In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which >port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? > >I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] ...